PDA

View Full Version : Social / pop-ups: what do I need to turn off for kids?

Sch01ar
10-04-2013, 06:29 AM
Hi to all - loving the game and playing across multiple devices. My kids are playing too, but I want them to stick with friends they know in the real world first, and not download any apps etc to get 'free' platinum. Can someone please advise me - what's the best set up for the social and alerts checkboxes in the options to stop them:

getting to many confusing contact requests and info on screen and,
not getting so many free pop up offers offers to click on?

Thanks in advance,
S, UK

inkredible
10-04-2013, 07:23 AM
I'm not sure if you could block it but maybe you can ask sts support to specifically block those for your kids

GoodSyntax
10-04-2013, 08:36 AM
For Starters:

Menu > Game Options > Social Options:

Check "Filter Chat"
Check "Auto Reject Party Invites" <-- I hate it when a lv6 invites my end-game toon to party when I'm just standing around looking at auction
Uncheck "Invite All to Party on HUD"
Check Disable Guild Chat <-- Depends on the age of your kids, sometimes can get inappropriate, so beware

Menu > Game Options > Alerts

Uncheck Chat <-- Again, depends on the age of your kids
Uncheck Trade <-- Avoids the noobs spam trading and trying to sell you a Smelly Helm for 5k
Uncheck Friend request <-- Only if you don't want to keep getting alerts that someone sent you a friend request
Check Dungeon Invites <-- So that their friends can invite them into a map
Uncheck Guild Invites <-- Only if they are not in a guild and don't want to be in one
Uncheck Upgrade Items <-- Because sometimes this game thinks that the Rare lv16 Amulet is somehow better than your lv36 Legendary Amulet

Then, under Login Screen > STS Nexus > My Account > Modify Account:

Uncheck Email Opt-in <-- Because you don't need more spam

I will have to figure out how you can disable push notifications once you have already accepted them.

Sch01ar
10-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Fantastic GoodSyntax - that's just what I wanted! Stuff like "Ally's Job is Ready Reminder" (in Alerts) and "Invite all to Party on HUD" make no sense at all to me as a NOOB.