10-04-2013, 07:53 PM
I just got the iPhone 5!

Which iPhone do you guys have?

KingFu
10-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Happy to say I don't have an iPhone.

gison
10-04-2013, 10:56 PM
Meh. Apple just makes new phones, and the ones who, buy them. Pretty much their logic<---

Also, I don't have an iPhone.

TEOKILLO
10-04-2013, 10:57 PM
4Gs

Trenton
10-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Everyone hates on the iPhones/Apple in General, are they really that terrible? xD All I've ever had are iPhones just because they're easy to use, what's the fabtabulousness of Android phones?

KingFu
10-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Everyone hates on the iPhones/Apple in General, are they really that terrible?

Yes. I feel like they make mediocre products and feed off of people that have zero understanding of technology. That's not even the reason why I hate them. I hate them because they're a corporate bully that tries suing other companies left and right for infringing on their "innovation" (IE rounded corners)

DocDoBig
10-05-2013, 04:27 AM
Just read newspaper today, Apple is the most valuable business followed by Google and Coca-Cola.

Those who seek large screens of 5''+ and high end resolutions, only Android comes into question. Who, however, loves the one-hand operation above all else, shall get the small Apple smartphone with 4''.
The iPhone is very appealing, especially optical. Though, if you do not work in the bank industry or else, where an expensive mobile has become a necessity I would not recommend it to someone at all.

If you are rather the photograph, I'd recommend the Xperia Z1 with 20.7 MP and integrated optical image stabilizer. With 2.2 GHz Processor, 2GB Ram and a beyond superior resolution of 441 ppi at a price of $50 less than the 5s. (Gf? Maybe)

The upcoming Note 3 is top notch as well, with 2.3 Ghz. 3GB Ram and 3200mAh battery it's the perfect phoblet. The only disadvantage is the large 5.7'', which won't fit in every pocket.

The LG G2 is a nice one as well it's extremely powerful and design-wise way ahead. The perfect Gamer-Phone imo.

Anyway, I was never really a fan of Apple products, but I don't put them down. Though, Sheriff I recommend to sell the 5s and buy a better phone. (The 700-900 $ was no good investment - trust me.)

... yep

LadyAnee
10-05-2013, 04:35 AM
Galaxy S4

Gragorak
10-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Everyone hates on the iPhones/Apple in General, are they really that terrible?
They are not terrible, they just are way too overpriced. Plus iOS lacks lots of basic features from other operating systems.

If you are rather the photograph, I'd recommend the Xperia Z1 with 20.7 MP and integrated optical image stabilizer. With 2.2 GHz Processor, 2GB Ram and a beyond superior resolution of 441 ppi at a price of $50 less than the 5s. (Gf? Maybe)
20.7 megapixels? That's cute.

Nokia 808 (http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_808_pureview-4577.php)
Nokia 1020 (http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_1020-5506.php)

These phones have pretty decent cameras, 41 megapixels. Too bad their operating systems are complete garbage (Symbian and WP).

OvigorothO
10-05-2013, 09:15 AM
They are not terrible, they just are way too overpriced. Plus iOS lacks lots of basic features from other operating systems.

These phones have pretty decent cameras, 41 megapixels. Too bad their operating systems are complete garbage (Symbian and WP).

Mega pixels don't tell the full story. In fact, larger pixels in smaller quantity will actually capture more light and provide a crisper image. How do you think htc gets away with a 4mp camera on their flagship phone? Sure they call them ultra pixels but that's just so mainstream non tech savvy users can understand that it's much more than the typical mega pixel. Why do you think camera manufacturers haven't made a 100mp camera yet? But, I will say that the Nokia Lumia 1020 does sport a rather superb camera although image processing is painfully slow in such a way that it completely detracts from the experience.

Gragorak
10-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Mega pixels don't tell the full story. In fact, larger pixels in smaller quantity will actually capture more light and provide a crisper image. How do you think htc gets away with a 4mp camera on their flagship phone? Sure they call them ultra pixels but that's just so mainstream non tech savvy users can understand that it's much more than the typical mega pixel. Why do you think camera manufacturers haven't made a 100mp camera yet? But, I will say that the Nokia Lumia 1020 does sport a rather superb camera although image processing is painfully slow in such a way that it completely detracts from the experience.
Yes, I know that megapixels don't tell everything about the quality of the camera. But still, Nokia's PureView cameras are by far the best cameras in any smart phones.

And btw, camera manufacturers have already made cameras that have over 100 megapixels. For example, this (http://www.dpreview.com/news/2006/9/30/seitzd3#d3press) camera has 160 megapixels, and it's almost 7 years old.

DocDoBig
10-05-2013, 09:37 AM

Lmao!

Well, WP? Seriously?

Zojak
10-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Had a 3gs and a 4, might go for the 6 when it comes out, my contract should be close to over by then :P

saool
10-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Just read newspaper today, Apple is the most valuable business followed by Google and Coca-Cola.

Those who seek large screens of 5''+ and high end resolutions, only Android comes into question. Who, however, loves the one-hand operation above all else, shall get the small Apple smartphone with 4''.
The iPhone is very appealing, especially optical. Though, if you do not work in the bank industry or else, where an expensive mobile has become a necessity I would not recommend it to someone at all.

The upcoming Note 3 is top notch as well, with 2.3 Ghz. 3GB Ram and 3200mAh battery it's the perfect phoblet. The only disadvantage is the large 5.7'', which won't fit in every pocket.

The LG G2 is a nice one as well it's extremely powerful and design-wise way ahead. The perfect Gamer-Phone imo.

Anyway, I was never really a fan of Apple products, but I don't put them down. Though, Sheriff I recommend to sell the 5s and buy a better phone. (The 700-900 $ was no good investment - trust me.)

... yep

Samsung also added the Samsung Gear. Which is a nice addition. I got to play with the Note 3 before it's release (I know people) and let me tell you, it's one insanely good phone.

Spyce
10-05-2013, 02:25 PM
I got it for free so I'm not sure I'll return it.

KingFu
10-05-2013, 03:58 PM

Too many people think megapixels are the deciding factor on a camera. If you walk into a Best Buy, half of the camera displays don't even list their aperture, image sensor, the glass they use, etc.

I agree, although my use with the 1020 didn't come off as "painfully slow." Windows Phones get a lot of crap for their lower end specs, but they don't need a crazy processor for their operating system. Same way Apple gets away with lower end specs on their devices. Difference is, Windows Phone for devices like their 1020 have a really stellar feature to make it a flagship (IE the camera), while Apple puts in a feature or two that is pointless and unnecessary, this time it was the fingerprint scammer...oops, scanner, and 64-bit (with 1 gig of RAM? Really?)

Although you could argue the camera on the 1020 is pointless as well. Camera phones will never surpass a good DSLR.

Kiwihawk
10-05-2013, 04:01 PM
No Iphone, Same Thing Everytime And Also IOS 7 Is Ripped Off Android

DocDoBig
10-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Fingerprint scammer.

Lol good one.

Is it copyright? I might use it.

XghostzX
10-05-2013, 04:27 PM
I'm not picky with technology. I'm happy with whatever I have.

Caiahar
10-05-2013, 05:40 PM
I'm not picky with technology. I'm happy with whatever I have.

I don't really care too, I play on IPad and a samsung galaxy 5.
But I like android, not because of those...complicated stuff....but I just like it.

Bless
10-05-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm not picky with technology. I'm happy with whatever I have. yeah this

Caiahar
10-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Wait, I'm only allowed to get a phone when I'm 15... I need to wait more months.
At least my galaxy player doesn't lag that much.

Zojak
10-06-2013, 04:19 AM
Wait, I'm only allowed to get a phone when I'm 15... I need to wait more months.
At least my galaxy player doesn't lag that much.

lucky you, i didn't get my first cell till i was 17. though im 24 now, anddd back then there weren't 16 different iphones you could buy and another 128different android phones :P

KingFu
10-06-2013, 05:01 AM
lucky you, i didn't get my first cell till i was 17. though im 24 now, anddd back then there weren't 16 different iphones you could buy and another 128different android phones :P

I think I got my first phone in 2007, so a year after you did.

DocDoBig
10-06-2013, 07:13 AM
I got my first phone in 2011, 2 weeks before I found PL.

^Ultimate brag right - how old you were when you got your first phone.

Before all that was Nintendo DS my only life.

Zaonabiuibil
10-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Hate seeing little 10-year-olds on their iPhones. Seriously. What does a little kid do with an iPhone? Who could they possibly call or text?

As much as I like technology nowadays, there are some things that make me question this generation.

And yes, I have an iPhone. It does what I need, that's good enough for me.

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Caiahar
10-06-2013, 10:48 AM
I've got friends who got their phones back at 12 :/
@zao: yeah...I'm seeing 10 year olds..and even 8 year olds having s2s and IPhones :/

Actually..I don't think I'll really need a phone, because at the moment, I probably only want it to access the internet/play games like PL anywhere :P

Trenton
10-06-2013, 02:39 PM
I hate spoiled little brats around today, my brother is 8 and has an iPhone. It may be an iPhone 3GS, yet it's an iPhone. :P I got my first phone at age 8, and it was a Go Phone because I always had baseball practice and my mom couldn't stay, so I used my phone for emergencies and calling her. Kids nowadays... ._.

miistic
10-08-2013, 05:41 PM
iphone 3gs

XghostzX
10-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Kids nowadays... ._.

You can't really blame the kids, entirely. We are surrounded by technology - perhaps there's an aspect to it that kids need early uses of technology so they're better prepared: parents want this?

Now, I think it's stupid that little kids have iphones, but it can't be blamed on the kids (unless they're extremely spoiled)... that sometimes shows bad parenting.

Samhayne
10-09-2013, 04:32 PM
I know, haters gonna hate, but come on guys, let's please keep the discussion civil? Thanks!

angeldawn
10-10-2013, 02:24 AM
I completely disagree that kids having smart phones shows bad parenting. I bought my nephew his first phone when he was 6. I live in another state and my niece and nephews are my world. I wanted him to be able to talk to me whenever he wanted.

I few years later I got my nephew an iPhone.
Every time we upgrade our equipment we pass the old ones to the kids. The phone helped his spelling with texting his family members. Making calls improved his communication and made him more social. There are plenty of books, math apps and additional educational apps. Now that he is older he also uses his iphone to help his little brother study (who also has an iPhone)

I spent an hour at a minimum with my 6 year niece the other night on FaceTime while she was doing her home work. She was learning new words, reading definitions and then reading stories those words were incorporated in to me.

For the ppl hating on kids for having phones. It sounds as though you are more jealous you didn't have one at that age rather than focusing in the good they bring.

DocDoBig
10-10-2013, 08:10 AM
I completely disagree that kids having smart phones shows bad parenting. I bought my nephew his first phone when he was 6. I live in another state and my niece and nephews are my world. I wanted him to be able to talk to me whenever he wanted.

Every time we upgrade our equipment we pass the old ones to the kids. The phone helped his spelling with texting his family members. Making calls improved his communication and made him more social. There are plenty of books, math apps and additional educational apps. Now that he is older he also uses his iphone to help his little brother study (who also has an iPhone)

I spent an hour at a minimum with my 6 year niece the other night on FaceTime while she was doing her home work. She was learning new words, reading definitions and then reading stories those words were incorporated in to me.

For the ppl hating on kids for having phones. It sounds as though you are more jealous you didn't have one at that age rather than focusing in the good they bring.

This^,

Wanna become my aunt? ;)

Trenton
10-10-2013, 04:07 PM

For the ppl hating on kids for having phones. It sounds as though you are more jealous you didn't have one at that age rather than focusing in the good they bring. It's not that I'm hating on the kids, and you don't know if I'm jealous, which I wasn't, because I was actually playing outside and I used something called pen and paper to learn and write ._. It's also great that your younger family members are using the smart phones for good purposes, but my brother doesn't do that. He plays a bit of Pocket Legends, Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, games like that. How educational :P He never really used for calling except to ask our mom if he could watch a movie when I was xD I guess I didn't specify myself enough .-.

programmed
10-10-2013, 07:08 PM

I don't hate on kids with phones. I just got my first phone and only because I turned 16 and am driving. It doesn't have those fancy touch screens and such and if I wasn't driving I would still not have a phone. Heck, I didn't even own a single video game for the first 12 years of my life. My parents were extremely against anything of the sorts until my grandparents got me a Wii for Christmas one year.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

XghostzX
10-10-2013, 08:43 PM

That's why I said *sometimes*, Angel. I know plenty of friends' parents that have good intentions about giving their kids an Iphone. I was simply debating against the phase "Pfft, kids these days..." because it isn't always the kid's fault.

tHelonestud
10-10-2013, 09:13 PM
I had one of those phones with a smiling face and a yarn cord when I was 6 and I turned out debatably well.

IronMonkey
10-11-2013, 02:55 AM
I don't hate on kids with phones. I just got my first phone and only because I turned 16 and am driving. It doesn't have those fancy touch screens and such and if I wasn't driving I would still not have a phone. Heck, I didn't even own a single video game for the first 12 years of my life. My parents were extremely against anything of the sorts until my grandparents got me a Wii for Christmas one year.
now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Lol, grandparents love to spoil their grandkids. Seriously tho, I grew up in a country where owning a smartphone is a luxury. I can buy my own, now that I'm working. I'm about to become a parent myself, I don't want to spoil my kids in giving them every shiny things in life, I don't want them to grow up expecting things to be handed to them in a silver platter.