PDA

View Full Version : bad reputation (star or ratings)

Alfai
10-05-2013, 07:00 AM
Would it be better if a toon or player given a star rating based on reputation?

Reputation here means whether they have break STS rules, and allowed back in the game (i.e ex scammer)

Nothing complicated, perhaps a simple 3star ratings mechanics based on time period. It can also be in reverse order, meaning complete stars given for clean record.

The community deserve to know and choose whether to interact/trade/play with the offenders. This can be another way as to prevent repetition of scam for example. Those who has the bad reputation and chose to keep their names, tho verbally spread among the community does not protect the naive or new players. The can still be fooled thus this helps for better choice of interaction. Everyone has the rights to engage with who they want.

As for the offenders they can clean up their status or reduce the bad rappo simply by "good behavior" for a certain period. I think this mechanism is also applied in couple of forums for forumers who break the forum rules so people can choose whether to trade or have any engagement with them.

Taejo
10-05-2013, 07:05 AM
What are you a probation officer in real life? This is a game for crying out loud; not a virtual society.

Bless
10-05-2013, 07:16 AM
No.

Alfai
10-05-2013, 07:31 AM
What are you a probation officer in real life? This is a game for crying out loud; not a virtual society.

True. then victim of scamer shouldnt cry.its just a game not real gold.
Why not? We cant prevent 100prnt free scam but wont this help to perhaps enabling us the power to make better decision?

No.

Bless
10-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Its like saying this in real life: That guy has a criminal record, lets kill him!

It doesnt work like that...The whole reason forum rules says that you cant name scammers is because the whole community will judge them, even if they didnt or if they reformed. I doubt devs will even think about putting bad reputation indicators in game.

Zeus
10-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Would it be better if a toon or player given a star rating based on reputation?

Reputation here means whether they have break STS rules, and allowed back in the game (i.e ex scammer)

Nothing complicated, perhaps a simple 3star ratings mechanics based on time period. It can also be in reverse order, meaning complete stars given for clean record.

The community deserve to know and choose whether to interact/trade/play with the offenders. This can be another way as to prevent repetition of scam for example. Those who has the bad reputation and chose to keep their names, tho verbally spread among the community does not protect the naive or new players. The can still be fooled thus this helps for better choice of interaction. Everyone has the rights to engage with who they want.

As for the offenders they can clean up their status or reduce the bad rappo simply by "good behavior" for a certain period. I think this mechanism is also applied in couple of forums for forumers who break the forum rules so people can choose whether to trade or have any engagement with them.

You're not really winning any awards with the whole holier-than-thou/"goodness" attitude, just saying. If you're truly a good person, you don't need to show it off with everything you do. It'll come out when people need it the most, not when it's not asked for.

I'm not trying to be offensive, I'm just saying as I've noticed a lot of your posts have that vibe. Something with a vibe that strong is a vibe that's being forced, just saying.

falmear
10-06-2013, 08:21 PM
What wouldn't be a bad idea is some kind of rating/review system for buyers & sellers. So when you trading with someone you know how many successful trades they've made. And the feedback they've gotten based on the trades they've made. Just like Ebay has a rating system. However as many positives there are there are just as many draw backs. And any rating system can be gamed so ultimately you need to be careful when trading with anyone regardless of their reputation. Although I get the feeling STS would rather spend their time doing other things then addressing the scammer problem in the game.

Zeus
10-06-2013, 09:05 PM
What wouldn't be a bad idea is some kind of rating/review system for buyers & sellers. So when you trading with someone you know how many successful trades they've made. And the feedback they've gotten based on the trades they've made. Just like Ebay has a rating system. However as many positives there are there are just as many draw backs. And any rating system can be gamed so ultimately you need to be careful when trading with anyone regardless of their reputation. Although I get the feeling STS would rather spend their time doing other things then addressing the scammer problem in the game.

AL players aren't mature enough to handle a reputation system, IMO.

Alfai
10-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Oh dear....
Im speechless

Alfai
10-07-2013, 12:54 AM
You're not really winning any awards with the whole holier-than-thou/"goodness" attitude, just saying. If you're truly a good person, you don't need to show it off with everything you do. It'll come out when people need it the most, not when it's not asked for.

I'm not trying to be offensive, I'm just saying as I've noticed a lot of your posts have that vibe. Something with a vibe that strong is a vibe that's being forced, just saying.

Dear Apollo,

First of all, thank you for neither making a constructive comeback nor staying on the discussion topic. Are you trying to be nice?

2nd i dont see the part where i infused an intentional goodness. I believe in your 14k posts you made lotsa comment on yourself and others which other than being selfish also for the sake of others. Tell me the vibe you intend to give. trying to be nice?

If im trying to be holier than thou,what r u trying to do here..
Act as a forum guardian?

If you fail to see an idea to grow dont just shoot it.your reputation is high enough to provide fruitful inputs.better be useful than acting nice again.

*any awards for talking a lot in forum or spending most hours in here?

Zeus
10-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Dear Apollo,

First of all, thank you for neither making a constructive comeback nor staying on the discussion topic. Are you trying to be nice?

2nd i dont see the part where i infused an intentional goodness. I believe in your 14k posts you made lotsa comment on yourself and others which other than being selfish also for the sake of others. Tell me the vibe you intend to give. trying to be nice?

If im trying to be holier than thou,what r u trying to do here..
Act as a forum guardian?

If you fail to see an idea to grow dont just shoot it.your reputation is high enough to provide fruitful inputs.better be useful than acting nice again.

*any awards for talking a lot in forum or spending most hours in here?

1. It's a system that can be abused. This suggestion while may seem great in an Utopia, is not something that's idea. Players in this game attempt to defile a person's reputation for many reason, including personal arguments. Keep in mind that this reputation system could be abused for that. So, now you'd just be giving the jerks of the community an even greater way to ruin another player's playing experience.

2. Your posts are always structured in a vibe that sounds too promising & too flashy with the words, almost as if you're trying to show off intelligence. What's the point? I can show you a case by case example where you do it. It's really not needed. There's a way to express your opinion without being flashy in the matter & getting your point across.

3. If I'm posting to help others, I don't make my posts have the tone that I'm doing the STG games a favor. However, a lot of your posts have that tone coming across. Perhaps it's the way you write, but I know it isn't just me who thinks this.

4. Forum Guardian? That title was given ages ago and the program was not even in effect anymore. I'm not quite sure how that's applicable.

5. I don't get what your last two lines mean. However, there is no rewards for talking a lot on the forum or spending the most time on the forums.

6. Your second to last line, I do not understand. Actually, it's a prime example. You try to be flashy with the words & it totally screws up the meaning. We get that you're an intelligent person. There's truly no need to be flashy with the words if it just makes it that much more difficult to understand what you're trying to say. You have great ideas, Alfai. Of course, like with everybody, some are less thought through than others. However, there's no need to be flashy with the language, as it structures your posts to give off a particular vibe when people read it. Wether that vibe is something you're trying to communicate or it's unbeknownst to you, I do not know. I just thought that I should point it out for you.

Alfai
10-07-2013, 10:26 AM
1. It's a system that can be abused. This suggestion while may seem great in an Utopia, is not something that's idea. Players in this game attempt to defile a person's reputation for many reason, including personal arguments. Keep in mind that this reputation system could be abused for that. So, now you'd just be giving the jerks of the community an even greater way to ruin another player's playing experience.

2. Your posts are always structured in a vibe that sounds too promising & too flashy with the words, almost as if you're trying to show off intelligence. What's the point? I can show you a case by case example where you do it. It's really not needed. There's a way to express your opinion without being flashy in the matter & getting your point across.

3. If I'm posting to help others, I don't make my posts have the tone that I'm doing the STG games a favor. However, a lot of your posts have that tone coming across. Perhaps it's the way you write, but I know it isn't just me who thinks this.

4. Forum Guardian? That title was given ages ago and the program was not even in effect anymore. I'm not quite sure how that's applicable.

5. I don't get what your last two lines mean. However, there is no rewards for talking a lot on the forum or spending the most time on the forums.

6. Your second to last line, I do not understand. Actually, it's a prime example. You try to be flashy with the words & it totally screws up the meaning. We get that you're an intelligent person. There's truly no need to be flashy with the words if it just makes it that much more difficult to understand what you're trying to say. You have great ideas, Alfai. Of course, like with everybody, some are less thought through than others. However, there's no need to be flashy with the language, as it structures your posts to give off a particular vibe when people read it. Wether that vibe is something you're trying to communicate or it's unbeknownst to you, I do not know. I just thought that I should point it out for you.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.and the hint of sarcasm too.
Im an adman cant help it.but ill try to mellow down.

Beats me your concern can be easily be done via pm but you gotta flash it too.im trying to gauge the level of attention tht u seek but doesnt matter.
But hey thanks.u rock ;)

P/s:thanks for pming me in game as follow up to your reply above i appreciate your kind concern.u r good ones ;)

bhutkeyur
10-07-2013, 06:46 PM
i m ok with idea but problem is....
good scammer with brain make low lvl toons and scam. after scamming he delete toon and make new one.
do u have any solution for that?

Terracio
10-07-2013, 08:47 PM
On paper its a good idea but people take petty stuff personal in games.

Xbox Live has a rating system and I for one got my share of negative ratings simply for beating people in Street Fighter 4.

Now imagine every beggar you dont give 500 gold or an egg giving you a bad rating. Everyone you killed on pvp, everyone mad because you killed boss when they stupidly respawned after a death and so on....

Again terrific on paper but unless it was VERY finely tuned it will be abused and used as a petty revenge mechanism.

Zeus
10-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Thanks for pointing out the obvious.and the hint of sarcasm too.
Im an adman cant help it.but ill try to mellow down.

Beats me your concern can be easily be done via pm but you gotta flash it too.im trying to gauge the level of attention tht u seek but doesnt matter.
But hey thanks.u rock ;)

P/s:thanks for pming me in game as follow up to your reply above i appreciate your kind concern.u r good ones ;)

Only reason I didn't PM is because it seems to me that you're a mobile poster, judging from the typos. Now, those that post from Tapatalk, as far as I'm aware, cannot open PMs (it used to be like this).

That's why I ended up posting it here. There really wasn't any other reason for this. What's there to show off: "Hey, look! Apollo is being a jerk!"?

Anyways, glad we cleared things up in game. :)

Alfai
10-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Only reason I didn't PM is because it seems to me that you're a mobile poster, judging from the typos. Now, those that post from Tapatalk, as far as I'm aware, cannot open PMs (it used to be like this).

That's why I ended up posting it here. There really wasn't any other reason for this. What's there to show off: "Hey, look! Apollo is being a jerk!"?

Anyways, glad we cleared things up in game. :)

What a reason.so you reached me in game to just inform me that youve replied?
Nah u aint a jerk.that aint right.
But i do appreciate the miles you willing to went for.now thats ultimately good.

But i still dont get why a pm is not suffice i.e pm in thread.u cn reach me in game at random.
Anyways :)

epicrrr
10-08-2013, 05:45 AM
Oh god, no! I can imagine such abuse if such system were implemented. Like having a whole guild rate you 1 star cause you died 1v1.

Milan Lame Man
10-08-2013, 07:14 AM
I agree that a globally viewable rating would be subject to abuse.
I would like to get a private rating, like one I can only see myself, or other guildies, and it is shared across all toons of the rated player.
Like, someone gets kicked from a guild, they rename or make another toon and come back.
Or, they come to you and annoy you, you get mad enough to make them leave, they rename or make new toon and come back.
I have suspicions this is happening to me and my guild but cannot be sure until something like this is implemented.

Solid
10-08-2013, 10:50 AM
so u want a popularity contest?

Alhuntrazeck
10-09-2013, 08:22 AM
It could be abused. If beat someone in a fair 1v1, some wont believe it and ask for remwtches again and again and if I refuse...yeah I'm a "noob" who's "afraid of having a fair 1v1". And they'd give me a negative Rep for doing just that.

And IF such a system were implemented, I would just hop on and give ALL my AL foes (a formidable number) negative Rep. On ALL my 5-6 toons. Would that be fair? At all?

Alfai
10-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Im looking mostly at tradings as to minimize the risk of scam.of course it cant be implemented roughly based on sentiment.
Like the report button on players sts need to analyze the written report and then decide if they worth a star.its must be solely for tos not matches or absurd reason.

And no its not a popularity contest either.but since choosing is a verb in this game players might deserve to choose trading or having business w someone.
As much as it is a game and not a virtual society whtsoever we still cry when scam.it aint real money anyways but the effoet counts.we have seen numbwr of scammwrs who resurfaced and those who escapes easily opens new account with new identity.

I am not probation officer.but i failed to see why you care so much pn other things too when this is just a game.

And idea that is bad deserves contructive critism but yeah.say as u want it.

Bless
10-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Im looking mostly at tradings as to minimize the risk of scam.of course it cant be implemented roughly based on sentiment.
Like the report button on players sts need to analyze the written report and then decide if they worth a star.its must be solely for tos not matches or absurd reason.

And no its not a popularity contest either.but since choosing is a verb in this game players might deserve to choose trading or having business w someone.
As much as it is a game and not a virtual society whtsoever we still cry when scam.it aint real money anyways but the effoet counts.we have seen numbwr of scammwrs who resurfaced and those who escapes easily opens new account with new identity.

I am not probation officer.but i failed to see why you care so much pn other things too when this is just a game.

And idea that is bad deserves contructive critism but yeah.say as u want it. Its like saying this in real life: That guy has a criminal record, lets kill him!

It doesnt work like that...The whole reason forum rules says that you cant name scammers is because the whole community will judge them, even if they didnt or if they reformed. I doubt devs will even think about putting bad reputation indicators in game.

If somebody scams, report.