PDA

View Full Version : Shuyal swamp gas effect

Asireuz
10-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Suppose you find yourself standing in a pale green circle in Forest Breach:

What's going on? You can see 3 buffs happening, in those blue icons.

On the left the single sword is for an increased* crit chance, for +3% here. (I am curious if anyone knows why it's the only one shown on the status bar, and why it's orange there.)

Right below it is the increased damage buff, which is a stat that we can't verify on the character screen. My small test indicates a fairly significant increase, of at least 5% from the auto attack.

Finally the bottle on the right is for mana regeneration, I saw +5 mp/sec regen, which is not very meaningful unless you want to stand around waiting.

So swamp gas actually makes you stronger, who knew. ;-) I recommend using these zones to your advantage.

* I can't check now, obviously, but I clearly remember a decrease in crit in previous tests. In any case the zones now increase it.

Milan Lame Man
10-05-2013, 10:49 AM
In fact, it is the effect of the lamp hanging above, to the left.

Ebezaanec
10-05-2013, 10:52 AM
I believe its the lantern floating above that "illuminates" the area around it and helps keep "corruption" and "evil" away..

EDIT: Got beat to it.

Asireuz
10-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Haha, never saw it that way. But a lamp that causes smoke to rise around you... I don't see how that could be healthy either.

Derezzzed
10-05-2013, 12:38 PM
The buffs are crit & Bonus damge boost along with mana regen (useful for elite)

najcomp
10-05-2013, 10:41 PM
I use that area for elite.

Zanpakuto
10-06-2013, 12:00 AM
You late in figuring it out! It's not swamp, it's more like what that world used to look like where the lanterns or "light" has preserved by keeping evil out! Everything outside lights is darkness.