PDA

View Full Version : 4 years of hard work demolished

Lovingly
10-06-2013, 07:25 AM
so not to mentioned this persons name, as i am too much of a fool for not print screened the chat.

heres how it was, i got told by this guy where as he an old freind of mine that theres a site which gives free plats, i knew it down my eyes when i saw the page that there is something dodgy about it, as it saids "Make a free website with yola" and yet i didnt cared to re think of what could of happen, so i put my actual account email adress down, clicked 800 plats* 10minutes later.. i re-logged in to the game.. everything in my account is reset., every single golds, every sets, every pieces of items that i stayed over night for to farm.. has demolished. isnt this heart breaking? this is defo worst than being perminent banned right, to be fooled by your dear freind is tough, i may not have any symphathy for myself to play this game again, unless ofc if sts/devs would do something about lost accounts, but i know they would not

just for the feature for yall that if this about to happen to you

have fun guys

programmed
10-06-2013, 07:46 AM
This happens to many people and I'm sorry bro, you're a good friend but honestly I don't feel bad for the people that try to get the plat, because STS has said SO many times that these sites are scams, and platinum can only be gotten from their site. Yet people still don't listen after all the times STS has said it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Lovingly
10-06-2013, 07:49 AM
This happens to many people and I'm sorry bro, you're a good friend but honestly I don't feel bad for the people that try to get the plat, because STS has said SO many times that these sites are scams, and platinum can only be gotten from their site. Yet people still don't listen after all the times STS has said it.

i clearly made a major mistake

Somemager
10-06-2013, 08:04 AM
Yeah, sad to see this happen to you polla :( But you should think before you act i mean you probably trusted the so called "friend" dearly and i can't blame you. We all do crazy things for the people who are great friends to us and i find it pretty sad that great friends or people would risk there friendships over pixels. Im dearly sorry polla :(

BlueSkied
10-06-2013, 08:04 AM
Dang, your endgame Mage impolla is in nuris hollows right now. The person who made that site gets your account and uses the people on your friends list to try and scam them, as well. Happened to a couple people I know. Sorry for your loss.

programmed
10-06-2013, 08:05 AM
If you got scammed then how do I log on and see your on one of your characters and all of your characters are still on my friend list. In the picture you showed you had all of your characters deleted so they shouldn't exist anymore...

Misfit
10-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Anything that has to have your email and password probably is not smart to participate in. Especially when people advertise it all over Bale Fort and say it is a scam. Sorry to here about this Polla :(.

-Thebigboo

Archermaster
10-06-2013, 08:20 AM
I went on this website too but i created a brand new account to see if it was a scam and what do u know it was a scam

Delphina
10-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Anything that has to have your email and password probably is not smart to participate in. Especially when people advertise it all over Bale Fort and say it is a scam. Sorry to here about this Polla :(.

-Thebigboo
Correct....
Please contact us at support@spacetimestudios.com so we can look into it. Thanks!

Lovingly
10-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Dang, your endgame Mage impolla is in nuris hollows right now. The person who made that site gets your account and uses the people on your friends list to try and scam them, as well. Happened to a couple people I know. Sorry for your loss.

I cant possibly feel any worse right now knowing this:) thanks for the support guys

CrimsonTider
10-06-2013, 08:31 AM
I'm sorry you fell for it, but this scam has been around for quite some time now. Many threads made about it and is a topic of discussion in my "Movement" group. I actually have a quick chat which I use when they are announcing in towne.

Their website has a "report" section where you can report the website(s) as they actually break the ToS of Yola.

Chopper
10-06-2013, 09:15 AM
sorry to hear, but im not sure how much more explicit can other than dont give out your email/password to ANYONE. This is posted at the top of the screen everytime you log onto the game.

When people stop doing this, the scammers will move on.

Heroelite
10-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Sorry for your loss.. sad thing is I know who is doing this, and they too were once a good friend. People do anything for pixels these days.

Oldcoot
10-06-2013, 09:41 AM
I have no sympathy for you. Far as I'm concerned a scammer got scammed and you both should be banned.

Lovingly
10-06-2013, 09:53 AM
I have no sympathy for you. Far as I'm concerned a scammer got scammed and you both should be banned.

that made me feel whole alot better thank you.

Lovingly
10-06-2013, 09:56 AM
sorry to hear, but im not sure how much more explicit can other than dont give out your email/password to ANYONE. This is posted at the top of the screen everytime you log onto the game.

When people stop doing this, the scammers will move on.

the crazy thing about it is that i never did, i was fooled by how official it was looked, id just have to move on

Oldcoot
10-06-2013, 10:06 AM

that made me feel whole alot better thank you.
I wasn't trying to be mean but I hope you get my point, I will elaborate if needed

Archermaster
10-06-2013, 10:53 AM
If u see any website like that you should test it on a brand new account

Suentous PO
10-06-2013, 11:29 AM
If u see any website like that you should test it on a brand new account

Why "test"? We know what it is and the fact that you log on can be construed as you trying to use a game exploit.
Report the site directly to yola and they will ban who started that acc with them.
Here's some info how
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?105053-How-to-report-yolasite-scammers

Lovingly
10-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Why "test"? We know what it is and the fact that you log on can be construed as you trying to use a game exploit.
Report the site directly to yola and they will ban who started that acc with them.
Here's some info how
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?105053-How-to-report-yolasite-scammers

Wish i looked through and known of this, but whats done has been done, thanks

Hook
10-06-2013, 12:29 PM

Im confused. If he got his account back but everything was deleted and all items taken, or as he puts it, reseted, how is his endgame mage on nuris O.o

Or did he edit his post after your post.

Twink
10-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Oh my, free platinumz cuz I'm special!

How do people even fall for that... Especially the experianced ones..

grenadiers
10-06-2013, 12:49 PM
You got what you asked for. That's all I'm saying

Lovingly
10-06-2013, 12:59 PM
You got what you asked for. That's all I'm saying

Why Thank you:')

CrimsonTider
10-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Im confused. If he got his account back but everything was deleted and all items taken, or as he puts it, reseted, how is his endgame mage on nuris O.o

Or did he edit his post after your post.

Look at the picture, it is not him. What they do is change the email on the "main" account, then make a new account with the owner's original email and password. It looks like your account is wiped clean, however it is just a change in account access. Then they log on impersonnating the original owner... and the trend continues. Probably why we are seeing less spamming in townes lately and more people "losing" their accounts.

Greed is a terrible thing.

Griffinfan
10-06-2013, 01:06 PM
I have to agree with Oldcoot,

Let's use common sense, first how would the put the platinum into your account? STG are the only ones who should be getting into your account.

STG will never ask for your account information, it was clearly a scam. Even further, it is made on a temporary website hoster, how much clearer could it have gotten?

IMO you really did get what you deserved for trying to go around STG to get plat.

Just my two sense

-Griff

WhoIsThis
10-06-2013, 01:08 PM
These types of scams have been here since around 2011, when PL started to become popular.

They seem to have migrated over from WoW. Bottom line is that giving your password and account away to anyone else is a bad idea. I had a friend who gave their account info to one of their closest friends and they stole all of that person's money and good items.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

Zentry
10-06-2013, 01:21 PM
I put down fake info now and then to troll.

Chopper
10-06-2013, 01:47 PM
I also find it funny they give you options as to how much free platinum you want (only works once per device).

Like anyone would choose a lower amount of platinum if it was absolutely free. Another dead give away.

Luckily for me, i've forgotten my own password (only auto-saved on my device) so even if i wanted to be scammed by someone, i couldn't be LOL.
Self-security i guess. ha ha

Zentry
10-06-2013, 01:52 PM
What's funny is how the site had bad grammar: 'We give free platinumz'

NECROREAPER
10-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Here's some info how

What I normally do is I spam they're yola site with fake info/passwords like stupidscammer@gokillyourself.com, password: youredumb.

If I can't take the site down, the best I can do is make their life hell.

Roberto077
10-06-2013, 01:56 PM
I know what accounresetdf stands for...

The Sadness
10-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Add me in game. I have 500k to spare ATM. Not much, but you're an old friend of Taara's.

IGN: Scarydreams

Justg
10-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Gonna close this one up. Sorry for your loss Polla, but we tell you to never give your account info to anyone. Every. Time. You. Log. In.