PDA

View Full Version : A Few General Questions

MilliVanilli
10-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Hey all! Been having a TON of fun on my level 23 smurf and learned a farming trick at the gold mine, but that's really the only one I know other than the bracken ridge boss one (he's close to entrance so fast to farm him), so I have a few questions, if you wish you can PM me the answers if you don't wish to reveal the tricks and tips in the open!

1.) What are some good farming tricks/tips I should know about to help me make money/items?

2.) Where are some good areas to farm for pinks (that drop fairly often)?

3.) Where should I be leveling at 23 - 36? If you could be so kind as to give me a breakdown from 23-36 of the best areas to level in from now to 36.

4.) What is a good mage pet for my level? Using Ethyl right now for the crit boost and INT/STR boost.

5.) What kind of gear should I be watching for as a sorcerer? I am wearing all pinks right now, all really decent, can't get much better for my level but I keep hearing a lot about sets and a bonus you get for having a full set of matching gear.

6.) Where can I find these sets and what kind of bonuses do I receive for getting a full set?

Thanks!
Archsmurf

Crowsfoot
10-06-2013, 06:38 PM
1) run jarl when you get reroll from klass (farm crates). Easier to make gold when you reach lvl36 tbh.

2) all drop rates are the same for bosses/mapd (except deary eggs, but they sell 800gold. Lol). Running elite is best money besides opening locked crates (requires you to spend real world money to buy platinum).

3)wt4 (watchers tomb lvl4).

4) koko is +15int and +80 armor. Mages have survival issues so this pet is nice on maps you have a random party, called a PUG (stands for: pick up party), for.

5) any pinks with the word "security" in it are usually good fir armor and helms. The best gear is elite drop or lootable from locked crates (aka you need to spend money, or reach lvl36).

6) elite maps or locked crates. If you get mythic armor and helm (from elit golden war chests [armor] and elite golden pirate chest [helm]. Or, open locked crates (all mythic and even arcane . The mage weapon arcane is lvl36, but the pets are very strong [they sell for millions of gold too]).

---

My advice:

1) run wt4 untill you reach lvl36

2) run jarl when klass gives you a reroll elixir. This way you can continue to buy gear as you level.

3) meet people and take advice, many players are new and you should be able to make friends.

4) join a guild once you era h lvl31-35ish they will tell you ways to make gold (don't expect hand-outs though). Continue running jarl when you get reroll.

5) buy a leprechaun amulet, this is a vital piece of heart for making money in elite maps (you equip when the boss is at 10-20% ho remaining).

6) buy gear suitable for running at least elite rooks nest and lost mages mine. These maps drop eggs worth 50k+

7) work hard and have fun. This game will take hundreds of hours to get "pro" at (sad truth).

*OR*

1) cap (reach the maximum level, which is currently lvl36).

2) buy a lot of platinum and open a lot of locked crates until you get a ton of gold.

3) learn how to PvP and run elite through a guild.

*[B]Note: I took the first plan. If you have little patience for weeks of play just to catch up to older players you may want to buy platinum (use to buy xp elixirs too)

keikali
10-06-2013, 06:38 PM
1) Don't waste gold/plat on unnecessary items. Just because its a good deal doesn't mean you need it, you'll feel buyers remorse right after. Do all your daily quests, that includes all the Story Token, Hauntlet running quests and all the other quests given in each City. They all add up for the beginning player who wants to save money.

2) Jarl is a good mob to farm constantly for locked crates when you have reroll elixir or lep. Almost everyone farms this guy. When you hit cap, KM3 (Kraken Mines 3) is where a majority of AL players farm locked crates mainly because there are (3) bosses there and also you have a chance to get a Nexus Egg from any of the mobs in the dungeon and it sells for a pretty good decent price. You also can farm the Ydra areas nonstop like Mother for Ribbit, Klutus the Trolll for Blight and Bael for Flap-Jack. I use to do this back then wayyy before this expansion when I first started out.

3) I suggest you complete the WHOLE story campaign since this is your first char. Do all your quests and unlock every questline. This will familarize yourself with where everything is and can be found.
Around the 20's you should be in the Kraken Isle Campaign and after that you should be in Nordr Campaign. I'd stay in Kraken till around 23/25 or so and then hit up Nordr maps. Once you get to 30/31 and hopefully you would have completed the Glephnir questline (need this to go to Shuyal), you can then head to the newest expansion area and quest/grind till your fingers bleed and then hit 36.
*Note: You can at ANYTIME find a full party (must have full party for XP bonus) and run WT4 (Watchers Tomb 4) nonstop till you cap at 36, but this defeats the whole purpose of doing all the quests and familarizing yourself with the game. You get about 300 XP per run with a full party in WT4, more if you have XP Elixirs. You can ALWAYS come back here when you finish the whole game campaign to grind, but let me warn you, its a boring boring grind.

4) I have the following pets for my mage, in no particular order: Haze, Valkin, Clyde, Ethyl, Wrathjaw, Ribbit, Horton. Might pick up a Kettle to play with soon. I also have (3) filler pets that I hardly ever use nowadays: Flap-Jack, Misty, Grave.

5) As a sorc you should focus on gear with INT, STR, DEX. INT increases your base DMG stat, bonus dmg % etc. STR increase your HP, DEX increases your dmg, crit, dodge, and HP. One thing to always keep in mind, NEVER gimp yourself of HP just for DMG. No point of dealing damage if you're dead. There are no set bonuses. There are sets out there for each class, but you do not get a set bonus. You don't always have to focus on getting Legendary Gear (Pinks). Even Rare (Green) or Epic (Blue/Purple) can have better stats at certain levels.

6) Sets are normally found close to endgame bosses in Elite Maps or in Locked Crates, Elite Copper, Rare Golden Pirate/War Chests and Puzzleboxes. No bonuses for sets as mentioned above.

Any other sorcs feel free to correct anything I might have incorrectly stated. Thanks.

tarlan
10-06-2013, 07:16 PM
I would get the hidden pet that allows you to rotate camera, no stats but still 1000% better than even that one starting turtle that got stabbed in the back with a flag spear

Zeus
10-06-2013, 07:18 PM
I would get the hidden pet that allows you to rotate camera, no stats but still 1000% better than even that one starting turtle that got stabbed in the back with a flag spear

Shelby? Wassup?

MilliVanilli
10-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Where exactly is jarl? Nordyr maybe? Sounds like something nordyr would have.

Ebezaanec
10-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Jarl is in Brackenbridge- Brackenbridge

keikali
10-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Where exactly is jarl? Nordyr maybe? Sounds like something nordyr would have.

Jarl is the first boss in the 3rd map of the Brackenridge Campaign.

katish
10-06-2013, 09:05 PM
To answer question 1..Do hauntlet and bard quests daily, trade the coins for pets and sell those for gold..

Don't feed your pet, rotate your pets to save on feeding..

But gear every 5 levels, at the previous level caps ... 16, 21, 26, 31..helps you save money.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

Spyce
10-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Shelby? Wassup?

How do you know that's Shelby?
He has like 4 diffrent forum accounts..

Zeus
10-06-2013, 10:48 PM
How do you know that's Shelby?
He has like 4 diffrent forum accounts..

He was Shelby's & somebody else's twink in L35 PvP. They used to troll together often.

Spyce
10-06-2013, 11:15 PM
He was Shelby's & somebody else's twink in L35 PvP. They used to troll together often.

So, what you're saying is that they account shared?