PDA

View Full Version : Silverlight

Deke
10-07-2013, 02:22 AM
Good morning everyone,

I haven't posted anything for a while. Everything has been going pretty smoothly.......................................... ...... until yesterday!!!!

I couldn't get into AL. I am getting a message telling me that I should update my video card. Well, of course I didn't have a clue what a video card is. So I googled it.

Google informed me that some games will require an update for video cards, and that I should go to "Windows Update". "Windows Update" told me that I have 3 "optional" updates available. I found those and 2 of them were "Bing" updates and the 3rd one was for "Microsoft Silverlight".

Is "Microsoft Silverlight" safe to install and will that solve my AL connection problems?? If Silverlight isn't the answer can someone please suggest a remedy for this problem? I am just on the edge of Level 36, and a few thousand short of 1,000,000 gold. This has put a monkey wrench in my soon to be reached goal for levels and gold.

Thanks in advance folks, I appreciate the help.

Deke and Dinella

Commanderkeen
10-07-2013, 05:28 AM
Microsoft Silverlight is an application framework for writing and running rich Internet applications, with features and purposes similar to those of Adobe Flash. The run-time environment for Silverlight is available as a plug-in for web browsers running under Microsoft Windows and OS X. While early versions of Silverlight focused on streaming media, current versions support multimedia, graphics, and animation, and give developers support for CLI languages and development tools. Silverlight is also one of the two application development platforms for Windows Phone, but web pages which use Silverlight cannot run on the Windows Phone or Windows Mobile versions of Internet Explorer, as there is no Silverlight plugin for Internet Explorer on those platforms[5].

Over the course of about five years Microsoft released five versions: The first version was released in 2007; the fifth on May 8, 2012. It is compatible with later versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome web browsers on Microsoft Windows (except Windows RT) operating systems,[6] with Firefox and Safari under Mac and OS X, and with mobile devices using the Windows Mobile[7] and Symbian (Series 60)[8] platforms. The Opera browser supports Silverlight, although not officially supported by Microsoft.

A free software implementation named Moonlight, developed by Novell in cooperation with Microsoft, was released to bring Silverlight versions 1 and 2 functionality to Linux, FreeBSD and other open source platforms—although some Linux distributions do not include it, citing redistribution and patent concerns.[9] However, in May 2012, Moonlight was abandoned because of its lack of popularity.[10]

Silverlight has been used to provide video streaming for many high profile events, including the NBC coverage of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing,[11] the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver,[12] and the 2008 conventions for both major United States political parties.[13] Silverlight is also used by Netflix for its instant video streaming service.[14] Netflix has stated in their Tech Blog that their goal is to move their video streaming service from Silverlight to HTML5 in the future.

Download and see what happens.

xXz21
10-07-2013, 01:58 PM
go to ur keyboard press windows key + R and write DXDIAG, after this go to ''screen'' and check ''device'' and see NAME: and check ur video card name. after this post here or go to google and search for driver..

smuggs
10-07-2013, 02:37 PM
go to ur keyboard press windows key + R and write DXDIAG, after this go to ''screen'' and check ''device'' and see NAME: and check ur video card name. after this post here or go to google and search for driver..
^^This right here is what you need to do. Silverlight is a proprietary application from microsoft, it is not required to run AL nor will it fix your error. You just need to update the drivers by doing what xxz21 said. If AL required silverlight android wouldve had a hard time playing the game being a linux based device and all. Do what xxz said, and post here or google name, model and drivers (ie: Nvidia Geforce 800m Drivers) and download directly from the manufacturers site, making sure to get the newest release obviously.