PDA

View Full Version : PL Invulnerability Orb in PvP Poll

Carapace
10-07-2013, 10:42 AM
There has been a bit of a mixed response to the invulnerability orbs in PvP.

The question posed to you all now is would you prefer the Invulnerabilty Orb in PvP, or would you prefer it rolled back to the time when there was no PvP invulnerability? There is not a lot of wiggle room unfortunately on tweaking it to be like it is in AL as PL is an older game without such technology.

So, the old way or the new way?

Randomguy
10-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Old either way you get spawned and you can't at least deal a lil of damage bit by bit

poiuytrewq
10-07-2013, 10:57 AM
it need to be u can attack while in orb to avoid
spawning

DocDoBig
10-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Though I'm relative new to PvP I do not like the PvP Orb, especially in CTF during a huge mash-up of people against each other after a rev.

If the Orb could get fixes like if you could buff during it and the enemies can't root target or otherwise effect you then yes, I would like it and would understand the actual advantage of it.
Otherwise - old way.

Gragorak
10-07-2013, 01:34 PM
If it's either old way or current way, I'd take the old way without orbs.

Best option would be to keep the orbs in CTF, but remove them from DM and let people with orbs use skills. Also, orbs shouldn't work after revive.

Heroelite
10-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Old, and I agree with Gragorak;CTF spawn only, not re spawn, buffs allowed during orb.

Sheugokin
10-07-2013, 02:29 PM
OLD, if STG cannot change the invulnerability orb to becoming one where one can buff and attack. If you guys can, please do. It will be extremely helpful. At least buff while in the orb. Thanks for the consideration!

Twink
10-07-2013, 02:51 PM
The old way. Unless you can do improvements, as others have suggested.

Carapace
10-07-2013, 04:25 PM
OLD, if STG cannot change the invulnerability orb to becoming one where one can buff and attack. If you guys can, please do. It will be extremely helpful. At least buff while in the orb. Thanks for the consideration!

Unfortunately it's an all or nothing scenario, we can't isolate buffing vs attacking as different things as they are all basically a cast of some point. Currently it looks like the invulnerability leans in favor of being removed but this thread will be up for a couple more days. Let your friends know if they want to weigh in.

CrimsonTider
10-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Unfortunately it's an all or nothing scenario, we can't isolate buffing vs attacking as different things as they are all basically a cast of some point. Currently it looks like the invulnerability leans in favor of being removed but this thread will be up for a couple more days. Let your friends know if they want to weigh in.

My question is why can't the codes be different like in PvE? When you die, there is a "Spawn", "Revive", and you pay the 5 plat for "Invulnerabilty". Why can this code not be implemented into the spawn code for PvP only? Is it because the spawn code is universal for PvE and PvP?

To answer the question, I would say it is a universal agreement to return to the old way. Thank you for continuing to listen and help.

Extreme
10-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Definitely Old.

Mothwing
10-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Why do people keep saying buff only with the orb? Heck I want to pelt the crap out of the spawners for being cheap and disrespectful. I'm all for the new way if you can add attacking and buffing. That would work great.

However a problem does occur if it is added, because if a Mage revives someone in CTF OUTSIDE the spawn room, they can easily take out 2 or 3 people. So maybe only add the orb when the respawn button is pressed? Probably not possible but...it would work.

If none of the above is possible, I prefer OLD

moonway03
10-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Upgrade pl into the specs like of AL:P

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Extreme
10-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Upgrade pl into the specs like of AL:P

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Wow no thx, that would ruin PL.

Spyce
10-07-2013, 06:17 PM
OLD.

Zapoke
10-07-2013, 06:21 PM
I liked how the orb was originally.. Though I do think it lasted longer than it should've.

If it's current orb vs. no orb, I'd prefer no orb. :(

Argyros
10-07-2013, 06:27 PM

My question is why can't the codes be different like in PvE? When you die, there is a "Spawn", "Revive", and you pay the 5 plat for "Invulnerabilty". Why can this code not be implemented into the spawn code for PvP only? Is it because the spawn code is universal for PvE and PvP?

To answer the question, I would say it is a universal agreement to return to the old way. Thank you for continuing to listen and help.

Devs respond to this naow^^

Take it away if you can't improve it at all.

MightyMicah
10-07-2013, 07:15 PM

The question posed to you all now is would you prefer the Invulnerabilty Orb in PvP, or would you prefer it rolled back to the time when there was no PvP invulnerability? There is not a lot of wiggle room unfortunately on tweaking it to be like it is in AL as PL is an older game without such technology.

Carapace: First of all, I'd like to say that I appreciate your looking into this issue! I'm glad to see devs are truly trying to fix some of these issues now. Thanks :)

Second, I would personally prefer the old way. I feel as if it's actually easier to spawn with the current way things are than it was before.

Thirdly, I'd like to make a suggestion. I'm not sure how AL legends is so maybe I'm just displaying my ignorance, but I believe I have a simple solution. Why not add an NPC to each spawning room? (purely speaking for capture the flag. Most would agree that the other levels don't need a way to prevent spawning.) This NPC will only get agro'ed from within the room and he will deagrro at the entrance to the room. Make him an archer, or Mage, or whatever but be sure he is ranged so people can't sneak in and out and get the spawn kill off. This NPC will be op as heck. Basically thousands of armor and damage. One shot from him and you die. Would this not prevent people from spawning? I mean, I don't know anyone who would risk a death (harm to their precious KDR) for a single spawn kill.

Mothwing
10-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Carapace: First of all, I'd like to say that I appreciate your looking into this issue! I'm glad to see devs are truly trying to fix some of these issues now. Thanks :)

Second, I would personally prefer the old way. I feel as if it's actually easier to spawn with the current way things are than it was before.

Thirdly, I'd like to make a suggestion. I'm not sure how AL legends is so maybe I'm just displaying my ignorance, but I believe I have a simple solution. Why not add an NPC to each spawning room? (purely speaking for capture the flag. Most would agree that the other levels don't need a way to prevent spawning.) This NPC will only get agro'ed from within the room and he will deagrro at the entrance to the room. Make him an archer, or Mage, or whatever but be sure he is ranged so people can't sneak in and out and get the spawn kill off. This NPC will be op as heck. Basically thousands of armor and damage. One shot from him and you die. Would this not prevent people from spawning? I mean, I don't know anyone who would risk a death (harm to their precious KDR) for a single spawn kill.

I LOL'd imagining this in my head xD

MightyMicah
10-07-2013, 08:04 PM
I LOL'd imagining this in my head xD

Honestly I did too. I can just imagine people hiding in the room. Then the troll bear comes out and beckon-stomps everyone into the NPC xD But hey, what can I say? That's what you get for approaching the spawning room haha

Mothwing
10-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Honestly I did too. I can just imagine people hiding in the room. Then the troll bear comes out and beckon-stomps everyone into the NPC xD But hey, what can I say? That's what you get for approaching the spawning room haha

Lol :p It would cause some problems though when trying to get to the flag. Still a funny idea xD

Caiahar
10-07-2013, 08:13 PM

That's a great idea!
Or it would be if the opponent comes into spawn room, he/she takes massive dmg and dies.

WhoIsThis
10-07-2013, 08:54 PM
I gotta say, I'm not in favor of it. It throws off the balance a lot, so I would prefer the older system. The issue is that even though controlling the orbs was very potent in the old days, it was not so potent that it was game breaking, unless a person got multiple orbs. Today, with invulnerability (not to mention the duration of the effect), I would argue that it is rather game breaking. You cannot fight a person that is invincible. All you can do really is run, especially for the more dps-oriented classes. A tank may be able to hold and well, use defensive cooldowns, but this in turn renders them vulnerable and gives them a huge disadvantage since they cannot kill the target anyways (compounded by the duration of the orb).

I am not against the idea of giving a minor buff temporarily, but invulnerability is a bit too big a buff that throws off the balance.

I think at this point, there's a pretty overwhelming consensus towards the older system.

MightyMicah
10-07-2013, 10:11 PM
I gotta say, I'm not in favor of it. It throws off the balance a lot, so I would prefer the older system. The issue is that even though controlling the orbs was very potent in the old days, it was not so potent that it was game breaking, unless a person got multiple orbs. Today, with invulnerability (not to mention the duration of the effect), I would argue that it is rather game breaking. You cannot fight a person that is invincible. All you can do really is run, especially for the more dps-oriented classes. A tank may be able to hold and well, use defensive cooldowns, but this in turn renders them vulnerable and gives them a huge disadvantage since they cannot kill the target anyways (compounded by the duration of the orb).

I am not against the idea of giving a minor buff temporarily, but invulnerability is a bit too big a buff that throws off the balance.

I think at this point, there's a pretty overwhelming consensus towards the older system.

An intelligent opinion, to be sure. However, I believe you've misunderstood this, mate! He's talking about the orb received upon re spawning. This orb will make you invulnerable for a few seconds, yes, but it also makes it so you cannot use any skills. The problem with this is that people can still root you and debuff you, but simply not deal damage. It honestly makes spawning easier because you can root them for the three seconds of their orb and they're stuck not even being able to buff. Then you just kill them once their orb dies.

XghostzX
10-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Definitely the old way.

Caztori
10-08-2013, 02:47 AM
Orb with the ability to cast defencive skills!

angeldawn
10-08-2013, 03:30 AM
I second Crims question about why can't it be the same as the plat invulnerability!?

Orb with the use of skills. No targeting or debuffing allowed by opponent.

If that is impossible, then no orb.

Faliziaga
10-08-2013, 04:00 AM
I'd say remove the orbs because it is counterproductive both after respawn and revive and even more after going through a portal!
It's more incapacitating than protecting.

aldoric
10-08-2013, 04:28 AM
Old way but keep mana and hp orbs

Shilooo
10-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Old

showoffs
10-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Old way

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2

Chickenrunnn
10-08-2013, 01:29 PM
The orb was a truly good idea. Well, the idea of counter-spawning was really great.

However, the orb duration is too long, and the impossibility to buff/attack while orbing has made the CtF spawning even easier..

I have always been searching for ideas in order to counter spawning. I had made that thread a very long time ago : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?67837-No-more-CTF-SPAWNING!-Suggestion!!!&highlight=spawning

The Invisible wall still sounds good, but it hasn't been implemented yet. Maybe it is too hard to code ? The same kind of wall compelling players to walk past it already exists in AL, so why couldn't it be changed a bit and implemented in PL?

_____

As for the "Old or New" poll, I'd say the idea of stopping CtF spawning haemorrhage is an awesome idea. Nevertheless, I think more efficient proccess could be implemented in order to bring Spawning issue to an end.

Aoeqt
10-08-2013, 01:43 PM
OLD-I'm gonna have to say no orb with this situation. If the orb cannot be changed because PL is not as advanced as AL is and we can't have the ability to atleast buff while orb is up, than there is no point but to go back to the old way. I myself didn't really pvp back in the day but of course I remember when there wasn't an orb and I believe that it was better back then.

Roberto077
10-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Old. Spawning is still a problem, but the old way fixed it.

killinclaw
10-08-2013, 03:33 PM
Definitely the old way. I literally started to play ctf right before the orbs were brought in and what a pain they've been. Its so annoying to respawn and get rooted, frozen, or stunned, and you cant do anything about it. No buffs, no attacks, then you get creamed once the orb wears off. Doesn't this undermine the purpose of placing the orbs there in the first place? Can I get an amen?!

Zapoke
10-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Can I get an amen?!

No you can't, as this isn't a church.

Pvpfeed
10-08-2013, 05:32 PM
I honestly think they should take out orbs... its their choice to not join another game.. they should just think smart and not ruin your kd

Crashy
10-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Take out orbs if u can't change it being only in spawn room/don't allow others to target u and root/stun etc when we have the orb for the 3 sec.
Or possibly change it to 1 second where when u have the orb u can attack for the second, but others can't target(root/stun)
(This gives a chance for u to quickly buff or rep and run,freeze/fire and run,stun and run.

But if you can't make any of the changes I would like the old way back.
Just do this:
When you see a spawner, just leave unless u know u can whoop them.
Let those spawner stand there for hours until they rage quit.

ctf
10-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Old

stricker20000
10-09-2013, 06:42 AM
I'd say remove the orbs because it is counterproductive both after respawn and revive and even more after going through a portal!
It's more incapacitating than protecting.

yea old way

Foreverloveus
10-09-2013, 01:05 PM
OLD..yea OLD

killinclaw
10-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Lol, zapoke, chill, man, it was just a figure of speech.

Zapoke
10-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Lol, zapoke, chill, man, it was just a figure of speech.

I didn't realize I was worked up. =o

Vertibrate
10-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Well this probably is a glitch but if u guys wanted to use 1 skill pre orb spawn then as u click respawn spam the skill u want and it will be used pre orb this is what i have been doing for vsing spawners makes them rage like hell :) very funny actually :P
Thanks

- In/Vertibrate

dellabell
10-09-2013, 07:56 PM
I wish we could keep the 1st invulnerability orb... so. I vote: THE OLD WAY by a landslide. no orb is way better than not being able to fight back or get party buffs etc.

xIVxNEMESISxVIx
10-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Lol when did you guys ever think that the orb would be a good idea? If your gonna make an orb make everyone else suffer and automatically make everyone get orbs when one person dies to see how that feels....better yet make rushers get one shot killed....that would teach them -.-

Roberto077
10-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Lol when did you guys ever think that the orb would be a good idea? If your gonna make an orb make everyone else suffer and automatically make everyone get orbs when one person dies to see how that feels....better yet make rushers get one shot killed....that would teach them -.-

Orbs were a good idea. The second version is worse but the first can still be countered but with a better respawn succession rate.

Zeus
10-09-2013, 10:46 PM
I like MightyMicah's idea. It's kind of like having a Trulle (from AL, big troll that one hits everybody) in the spawn room. Would that be too hard to do?

Otherwise, definitely the old way for me please.

veiaflita
10-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Old way, please and thank you!

MightyMicah
10-10-2013, 03:27 PM
I like MightyMicah's idea. It's kind of like having a Trulle (from AL, big troll that one hits everybody) in the spawn room. Would that be too hard to do?

I think there would definitely be some trolls in that room ;)

Cavoc
10-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Old for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

johnny68880
10-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Leave the way it is but ppl shouldnt be able to root or stun u while orb is active..

Roberto077
10-10-2013, 07:29 PM

Aunt Emma would be perfect.

Caiahar
10-10-2013, 09:32 PM

Aunt Emma would be perfect.
Kisses the spawners to death, I can imagine XD.
Spawner: CRAI MOAR PLZ NUB
Victim: Get out of spawn..off.
*aunt emma appears in spawn when spawner comes in*
Aunt emma: OMG YOURE SO HOT AND SWEET!! *kisses and one shots spawner*

XD

Noodleleg
10-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Anybody remember the idea of gates?

Zapoke
10-11-2013, 02:01 AM
Anybody remember the idea of gates?

Already been stated that it isn't possible to implement into Pocket Legends due to it being built on older technology.

Hickies
10-11-2013, 02:41 AM
You can buff with orb, if you press fast enough when you spawn. Js

MightyMicah
10-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Honestly I still like the orb idea, they just need to make you completely invulnerable. None of this debuffing and crowd controlling you. You should also be able to attack while the orb is on you. The biggest problem with an orb like that is a mage and rhinos' revive.

programmed
10-11-2013, 03:54 PM
I think the orbs should be kept but like they were when they first were and you could use skills to stop spawners while the orb was on. But maybe have the time on the orb a little less and maybe limit the orb to ctf.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Everyone'sFavMage
10-11-2013, 10:24 PM
I think the entire community is in union on this one. Do away with the orbs! My only question is when will this take place?

Crashy
10-12-2013, 12:19 PM
I think the entire community is in union on this one. Do away with the orbs! My only question is when will this take place?
And when will be the Halloween event :)

xcainnblecterx
10-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Yea orbs sounded like a good but it made things worse, now you can get spawned and cant attack or buff so once its down youre dead. At least without it you could attack, maybe make it so we can attack while its active would stop spawners. Actually but to respec my rev away

Hook
10-12-2013, 06:33 PM
I prefer the Old way.

New way makes CTF spawning easier as you can get stunned while being defenseless.

Lexlyde
10-13-2013, 07:04 PM
Between old and new, i'd choose old.

But the imo the best way is: Orb is in ctf spawning room ONLY, should last 1.5s and would let you use skills. It'd be the perfect orb for me!

Everyone'sFavMage
10-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Why ain't this gone yet?

tHelonestud
10-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Just put it back, unless you are strength it just makes it worse

Kniv
10-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Old. But it would be nice to make a No-Attack zone at the CTF spawns. An example : - If you choose your team (red/blue), you spawn at the side of your chosen team. At that place will be a 1-2m range ring. If you are in the ring, no one is able to attack you and you are not able to attack anybody, as soon as you leave the ring, you will be able to attack and others will be able to attack you. THERE IS NO WAY BACK!!, if you leave the ring, you can't go back in it.
Please, if you like my idea, tell me and share it with your friends!!
Thanks. :02.47-tranquillity:

Bous
10-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Defiantly the OLD way

Zapoke
10-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Old. But it would be nice to make a No-Attack zone at the CTF spawns. An example : - If you choose your team (red/blue), you spawn at the side of your chosen team. At that place will be a 1-2m range ring. If you are in the ring, no one is able to attack you and you are not able to attack anybody, as soon as you leave the ring, you will be able to attack and others will be able to attack you. THERE IS NO WAY BACK!!, if you leave the ring, you can't go back in it.
Please, if you like my idea, tell me and share it with your friends!!
Thanks. :02.47-tranquillity:

What about the people outside the ring attacking people inside the ring?

Heroelite
10-16-2013, 02:25 PM

With all the features in PL, I doubt it does not have the technology to change the orb system. I think it just costs you guys time/effort to code or implement a better orb system. So rather than having only two options (the ones that require the least effort on your end) to choose from, we would really appreciate if you spent the time to actually improve the game and listen to these suggestions.

Reveals
10-17-2013, 03:48 AM
Old way !

Pvpandctf
10-17-2013, 04:40 AM
old da bes

tHelonestud
10-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Add a 3rd respawn option to pvp only: "Protected Respawn" which would place you in the spawn room and be the only option to give the orb so reving would not grant invincibility. Then allow spells to be cast with it on.
It would be the same as using revenge in PvE but you wouldn't respawn where you died.
I'm sure this is a very feasible option for PL

TheGodQueen
10-17-2013, 09:09 PM
I prefer the old way, when we spawn they will puppy guard you and not let you buff.

miistic
10-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Eh hard to say i kinda liked the old way.
when you were getting spawned you could at least buff which helped a bit
it would be better if there was no rushing orb lol.
the other option was you let people buff when having orb.

Waug
10-19-2013, 08:37 AM
I would say nothing :)
GL with your decision making devs.

Whysoseriouz
10-20-2013, 07:11 AM
Old way or make it so that we can buff during this orb.

Trenton
10-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Definitely old way, since you said its an all or nothing.

Shilooo
10-23-2013, 12:22 AM

From 10-7-13

My question is how long is a couple more days?

16 days and counting.... Take the orb out!

Everyone'sFavMage
10-23-2013, 12:13 PM
^^^

GRIZZY
10-23-2013, 06:16 PM
New way cuz ppl say im gud at gettin spawned naow.

Jk OLD way FTW

Multibird
10-24-2013, 03:27 PM
I prefer the old way.

1. You shouldn't have orbs in pvp

2. How about make an invincible wall around each spawn room, so no team should go in others spawn.

Sheugokin
10-24-2013, 06:02 PM
It is revoked! :)

Shilooo
10-24-2013, 09:06 PM
Yay, thx

Noi`ya
10-24-2013, 09:19 PM
why would you guys ever get rid of this?!

killinclaw
10-25-2013, 11:42 AM
so when is the orb going away? i believe more people are leaning towards the old way...

Pvpandctf
10-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Yay!!!!! The spawner is back! In ctf.

Best if would be to keep the orbs in CTF.

LOL!

Extreme
10-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Yay!!!!! The spawner is back! In ctf.

Best if would be to keep the orbs in CTF.

LOL!

Lemme guess, Leyhuxunew, catdihmdzw n lizniteznuhihswzw

Pvpandctf
10-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Lemme guess, Leyhuxunew, catdihmdzw n lizniteznuhihswzw

Wolfwingz!

angeldawn
10-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Wolfwingz!

Funny he swears he doesn't spawn on anything other than bird.

DocDoBig
10-26-2013, 12:12 PM
That month of the spawners.

Let's celebrate it next year. ;)