PDA

View Full Version : Efficient Run Series: The Lost Mage Mines and Snaggletooth/Wrathjaw Eggs Farming

Alfai
10-08-2013, 03:28 AM
Elite mage mine is a good farming map, dropping these 2 valuable eggs,
snaggletooth and wrathjaw.and sometimes locked crates.
Also, its among the easiest elite map and can be done fast for repetitive runs. I will share my personal experience and recommended build to help those who aren't familiar or struggling with the runs.

Elite mage mines can be done with speed with rogues and mages.not so say tanks are not benefiting from this runs but in view of time they are slightly behind.

Recommended builds (for rogue)

Base Stats: Full Dex

Skills:

Shadow Pierce (Upgrades: Gouging Rush (and Leading dagger if you want)
Shadow Veil/Trap (All upgrades except explode)
Nox Bolt (All upgrades if possibe. Else, leave serrated arrowhead)
Aimed Shot (All upgrades)

Passive (Maxed if possible):

Might
Agility
Critical
Damage

Weapon of choice:
Dagger (Twin Razor/Architect quills), or
Mhytic Bow

*recommending using dagger in solo runs for procs

Pet:
I personally choose slag for speed and stun.
Abaddon is another option.

If you have samael def good but theres no real need for an arcane pet here.

How to get here?
You must zone in Arcanum Grounds in dead city.

Keep on running and spamming pots to survive the run towards the mine entrance.ignore the mobs.

ENTERING THE MINES

Mobs Pull, Kiting and Stance-1st Clash

You may start near the skeletons on the left here, where the timer actually starts. Charge shadow pierce so you can dash whilst inflicting dmg on the mobs ahead.

Using rogue, bow the necromancer on the top left (ref image), lure these mobs to kite em for a clash kill.let the necromancer spawn the skeletons from the ground.you need the mob numbers to spawn the boss later.

Focus your fight here.if you run solo keep spamming pots whilst tapping attack and skills simultaneously.let the mobs spawned and chase you here.once they are group drop trap/charged veil at the middle.the moment these skills take effect, begin your attack and make use of the dodge/dmg buff.hit slag panic when the skills effect worn out.

Proceed to run (while attacking just to be safe on the required mobs for boss spawn) past all the mobs.

Alternative Pull:
Instead of kiting the necromancer on my top left which is slightly far from the battlespot, you can proceed by going towards the bridge, kill only 4 mobs here before the bridge.
Proceed to run (while attacking) past all the mobs after that.

Mobs Pull, Kiting and Stance-2nd Clash
Assuming you are in the running mode, proceed towards the last skeleton here near the exit.bow and lure em to chase you to this huge rock.this is where you make your stand.

The aggro is bigger than the first clash hence ensure you keep spamming the pots.similar tactics.the one i highlighted is where i recommend to drop traps should you are using.trap deploy happens whilst you are in motion.
Once trap/veil takes effect you can begin your attack.nearing the end of the effect you can buff slag to keep the attack momentum up.

Summoning Antee (boss)
By the time you hit the last mobs required Antee will spawn from above.
If you are a rogue best to:
Keep yout twinrazor and switch to dmg/crits pet (i.e talon or ribbit)
Switch to bow.and use talon/ribbit.

Antee response time is rather slow so you can just tapping skills and charge when need be.
With antee health left at 10prcnt,quickly equip your leprechaun pendant.if you are on reroll elix,this can increase the chance for good drops.
Collect these valuable eggs.if no eggs move on.
Dash to exit. If you exit and reenter it will reset the map.hence faster time to repeat the runs.

Hope this helps. Happy hunting!

Disclaimers

This build and strategy is not for timed runs.
Best to run with reroll elix and lep amu at the end for higher chance for egg drops.
For solo runs, type in command window /partyi 0000
Not recommending equipping lep amu the entire run especially solo.reason being you need better stats for offensive and survivability.equipping the lep amu the entire run does not guarantee a succesful drop.
The run above was done pure (no elix) and with pvp build due to my 0 plats possession atm. You can achieve faster duration if using pve build.

*thanks in advance sam to move this guide to the guide section upon approval.

papu
10-08-2013, 04:00 AM
nice guide, thanks :)

GoodSyntax
10-08-2013, 06:59 AM
Terrific guide Alfai! You ninja'd what was going to be my next write-up :-)

Just a note, beyond Wrath and Snaggle, Elite Banded Chests drop here and they could provide Demonlord gear, which still holds reasonable value. As a matter of fact, I got a Sorcerer Demonlord Armor out of an Elite Golden Banded Chest last night and sold it for 60k.

This is one of the few maps that consistently drop two high value eggs, so with quick 4-5 minute solo runs or 2-3 minute party runs, this map provides some of the highest return on reroll (RoR) in game. Elite Ashral Tower runs at 7-8 minutes has the possibility for high reward, but the pot consumption is high (along with the risk of deaths), so it is more of a boom-or-bust map, which is why I farm LMM most often.

I cannot think of another quick map that has the same yield that LMM does (if you can think of one, I'd be interested to know about it). So if you get reroll, run LMM and get 'dem eggs!

Alfai
10-08-2013, 07:16 AM
Thanks. God knows how hard to screencap and pots on mobile at the same time

Zethz
10-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Nce Guide
:applause:

Hectororius
10-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Total Pots used in these clips: Health 272 Mana 130

Just curious, would you drop the Heal for another skill? I'm learning more and more about Rogue play and find that I lose focus on fighting when trying to pick up the Packs mid Battle. Since I'm already spamming pots, why not drop heal for another skill?

GoodSyntax
10-08-2013, 08:22 AM

Just curious, would you drop the Heal for another skill? I'm learning more and more about Rogue play and find that I lose focus on fighting when trying to pick up the Packs mid Battle. Since I'm already spamming pots, why not drop heal for another skill?

Only drop heal if you are willing to fully commit to PvE. Combat Medic is an essential skill if you intend to PvP - without it, your KDR will suffer greatly.

If you intend to PvE exclusively, you absolutely should drop Medic. Chasing down packs in PvE only leads to wasting mana and foolish deaths when you get a skill fail because you are trying to avoid potting. Of all the PvE skills, medic is probably the most useless because you can just spam HP pots faster than trying to find the packs that dropped on the other side of the huge mob that you just aggro'd.

Alfai has a hybrid PvP/PvE build, which is why you see Medic as one of the 4 skill slots.

Alfai
10-08-2013, 08:26 AM

kal was right.i had to spam more coz of taking the screenies.and died once too grr.

Ok.drop med packs for elite farming.most of the time is is useless.swap it with other skills (veil or traps or razor if soloing).i was using packs coz i was running on ovp build.and tbh it rarely helps and i was just trying to reduce my pots consumption.so drop packs since u can pots it does very very little help.

Normally in elite my mana pots>hp pots.like doubled this season.as for pve i would drop adding points to int passive thus my consumption is more.since rogue can pots i can focus the points to maximizing my dmg and crits.

Hope this helps.

Hectororius
10-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Inspired by this, I decided to solo elite Antee with my lvl 35 Warrior sporting Average Pink Gear(TM). Was my first time fighting Antee in elite so it was a bit messy.

Results: 28 minutes and 200+ Health pots and 1 Death later, I walked away with the AP, and thats about it lol.

Thanks again Alfai!

GoodSyntax
10-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Here is an alternative pull strategy for more manageable soloing or a generally more relaxed run:

1) Group the mobs prior to the bridge and attack them first. After you have dealt with them, move to the end of the bridge.
2) Kill the 3 to 4 mobs at the end of the bridge. Do not proceed to the wizards yet - handle these mobs first so you don't get overwhelmed.
3) Attack the first wizard and kill him. Then kill off any of the skeletons that spawn.
4) Attack the second wizard and kill him. Kill off any skeletons that spawn.
5) Bypass to the end of the map. This is the hardest part and cannot be changed versus what Alfai outlined.
6) Kill mobs, spawn Antee.
7) Kill Antee.

Using this strategy, even my lv35 Rogue with Epic Ring and Amulet can solo this in about 4 minutes and maybe burn 30 hp pots and 45 mp pots.

Note that what Alfai detailed is the preferred strategy for party runs or anyone that is equipped well enough that they would not get overwhelmed. What I outlined above is what I traditionally do when I'm a bit low on pots, am in the mood for a casual elite run, or my thumbs are tired from my incessant button mashing.

Alfai
10-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Thanks kal.agreed.

When soloing have to handle mobs bit by bit so to survive better.the trick to elite is everyone to kill the same enemy and moving on to another.for soloing handling aggro in smaller group so you can manage better.

Elite mage mine is still ok for soloing as long as you dont fight more than you can handle.

The 2nd clash is tricky as you were running and mobs are following you from behind.tho you go to the end of map which aint far the group that stays are still big.hence why using stun pet and trap for example for crowd control increase your survivability chance.

Alfai
10-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Inspired by this, I decided to solo elite Antee with my lvl 35 Warrior sporting Average Pink Gear(TM). Was my first time fighting Antee in elite so it was a bit messy.

Results: 28 minutes and 200+ Health pots and 1 Death later, I walked away with the AP, and thats about it lol.

Thanks again Alfai!

Well done.using tank would take longer time i understand.
Me personally like to improve personal mark in terms of time duration.

A faster run means more efficient (good tactics, pots consumption) hence its fast.
Try aiming for better time when soloing.atm maybe you can aim for 2min faster that your current personal record.

Slowly youll find the trick to it.good luck

Spyce
10-09-2013, 11:20 PM
You should add builds for other classes.

Nevertheless, great guide!

Hectororius
10-10-2013, 08:10 AM
I think the speed and crit hit of Rogue makes it the ideal elite runner for soloing. I havent seen anyone post up a faster or comparable time using mage, and forget about warriors :(

my guess is that a Mage could probably run it in under 6 min and a well tuned Warrior could probably run it in 9-10 min.

Alfai
10-11-2013, 01:28 AM
I think the speed and crit hit of Rogue makes it the ideal elite runner for soloing. I havent seen anyone post up a faster or comparable time using mage, and forget about warriors :(

my guess is that a Mage could probably run it in under 6 min and a well tuned Warrior could probably run it in 9-10 min.

At 36 nw mage can keep up due to enhanced dmg.as well as speed altho not as fast as rogue.whos lacking behind would be the warr class unfortunately...

However i recommend to always run w pt.soloing does not guarantee good drops either.and no point to waste pots too many by soloing.this map in good pt can be done real fast.having 4 rogues even better u just run while shooting.

Ill try to get some build setup for other classes with friends.else anyone cn share her for others to refer to.cheers

juaki
10-11-2013, 03:24 AM
I want farm with you and deschanell!!!!

Alfai
10-11-2013, 03:48 AM
I want farm with you and deschanell!!!!

LOL sure ju hahaha

Eeilis
11-22-2013, 12:03 AM
Amazing run time :)

Did you have upgraded mythic armor?

nelson131
01-04-2014, 09:10 AM
Is it my problem that I use my combat medic for tanks and smurfs to keep them alive? LoL
I find that combat medic is good for supporting.cus Mage heal is not that good.