PDA

View Full Version : Kindly scale up the least rarity drops we can get in ELITE maps.

kharmel
10-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Just a simple request...
> Elite maps for some and probably for majority is hard to complete especially the new maps. (e.g. NORD and above maps)
For one to be successful, good party is needed. And it takes time to finish one elite map(NORD and above) approximately minimum of 5-8 minutes
and more so,10-15 minutes to new maps worst comes to worse.
> And by this, some felt that elite farming with the current rarity drops is not JUSTIFIED.
> Im saying is, who would love to farm dearly if in every ELITE FARMING, mostly, we can get only green drops. POTS,time ,hardwork and killing those hard elite mobs and we get COMMON DROPS AND GREEND DROPS.(Not complaining,coz leaving at is would be fine if STS see it as fit)
> One suggestion I can think of for not to waste effort in farming ELITE is:
1. LEAST rarity drops we can get is at least EPIC drops(Bling bauble,fulll circuit are good example that can be sold and is usable).
2. Take off those common and green drops.(it hurts that sometimes,after 15minutes or so,pots burned,we get SMELLY HELM).
> And I think, this simple adjustment wont affect economy.
> Thanks;-)

Soundlesskill
10-08-2013, 07:47 AM
YES Please. This is the reason I moved to arena

Alfai
10-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Spot on!

GoodSyntax
10-08-2013, 09:00 AM
The only problem is that if you are assured an Epic drop, then the value of those Epic items would fall through the floor. Bling Bauble's and other items are only valuable because it offers a solid stat boost and are rare enough that other players would be willing to drop 15k on one. If there are a hundred Full Circuit of Potency's listed, you wouldn't price match, you would undercut to get the sale, which would drive down pricing, which eventually would make them worthless.

But I do agree, there is nothing more depressing that grinding through Elite Shuyal only to get a junk green drop with a liquidation price of 6 gold. Maybe, STS could toss us a bone and make the liquidation price of lv35/36 greens more like 250-500, which would help offset the costs of the pots we burned.

FluffNStuff
10-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Also to add to Good's post these would be rerolling and drowning the market. Would post more but Guvment shut down.

Zuzeq
10-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Your points are valid. Farming for end game pink are def not for th casual gamer, due to the fact it takes a lot of time. This is also the reason why the end game weapons are holding their value so well this far. I'd agree that Rare/Common drop have no place on the drop table like period in the subject elite content, but purple drops should in no way be guaranteed. What I would like to to see is the removal of at least the Common drops and the increase of Warchest/Puzzlebox drops. After that har fought 5-8mins, i think we all rather be granted a Silver chest/box than that Smelly Helm. In addition, after running non-stop elite maps daily, i have looted far more end game weapons the the golden version of any chest/box. The Pink end game gear drop rate should stay, the white should go and the chest/box drop should increase.

kharmel
10-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Epics have plenty of variety...I never thought those epics would be a great impact on economy.. Its a reward for the hardwork, fair enough...and those epics drops also in normal maps...
> I wonder if this is a valid comparison...I work hard all day, mostly takes my time, my SPECIALTY and my strength, at the end of the day, they pay me less..I was underpayed despite the heavy worlkload..
> economy greatly affected by legendaries , mythics and arcanes imo...we never strive for gold for the epics...but these epics gives us a bridge too to make our farming easier for those elusive rarities..
Idk if my point is valid, but , do something for people not to be burnt out by those smelly helms..

Terracio
10-08-2013, 02:56 PM
What would be nice is the game giveng you a decent gold drop at least.
Most gold I've seen dropped is like 34.

How about in elite we substitute white and green item drops for a few K gold? Maybe 2k for white and five for green. Much like locked crate gold rarity value.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement but I know I'd rather get 2k gold than smelly helm. At least it covers the potions.

Hottsauce
10-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Totally agree... as the saying goes, "The Risk is NOT Worth the Reward". An Epic item is NOT all that great (compared to Legendary or Mythic) and should be the MINIMUM drop in an ELITE. What's the point of setting "ELITE ZONES" that give you "Green & Common Drops, ie trash drops". Elite Maps need to have a BASE reward level ie; EPIC level Item as stated above. Forget the economy on Blue Epic item cost. The in-game Economy is OVER inflated where certain items can easily cost 1-2million for Legendary & 3million, 20million, 40 million for Mythic & arcane. So making this adjustment to the drop reward is not only fair but equates with, "Risk vs. Reward". When we as players get roughly a 37gold drop on a boss and +1 - +9gold drop per mob I think we deserve as much. The WAY overpriced items in CS (auction) don't coincide with that "actual" amount of gold made doing Elite or Normal runs in ANY zone anyways. The HIGH Over Priced items (those that most players can ONLY dream of owning) are only great for sts to sell you more & more Plat to be able to MAYBE afford 1 or 2 sought after items after you MUST in most cases use to buy gold from sts. (Those that farm heavy sell drops & can make nice amounts of gold, but in this post drops rates ARE SO POOR in Elite zones.. the TIME we all put in & Rewards received are not Worth what we have to put out to run the zones for too many players)

Khicho
10-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Bottom line.....If the chances of receiving HIGH END loot (mythic / arcane) were available in game by simply playing the game it take away a lot of real money being spent on plat. This is not good for STS. For this reason it will never happen.

I have an idea! Charge everyone a reasonable monthly fee and open up the possibility for everyone to earn high end equipment through game play!

frejajoan
10-08-2013, 05:59 PM
I would say no to monthly charges. A lot are in the game for the free play.

I would agree with the other comments and suggestions though. Elite map drops should make it worthwhile.
I'm still lvling up my gear and doing elite shuyal really hurts for pots and death count with lag.
Please make the game more worthwhile for players.

faychen
10-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Pots discount please.
Or some k gold drops at end game instead of commom and rare.

Alfai
10-09-2013, 03:07 AM
The loot table needs to be reviewed especially with the platinums usage.
Ideally the more you spend the higher chance you be able to get good drops compare to others.

When a 70 or even 100prcnt reroll drops epic and rare items i fell off my chair.

I know its chance but mixing it with others who dont spend might not justify plat buyers.

Take km3 for example.locked crates drop is obviously lowered.what kind of reroll stack we shud get then.

kharmel
10-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Hope they look unto this drop rates in ELITE CONTENT. If EPIC drops will ruin the economy, hopefully get rid of common drops.
> There are alternatives too as suggested by others to make ELITE truly ELITE and farming it is WORTH IT.

Desperoto
10-12-2013, 10:30 AM
If it's at least epic, every reroll will be pink. Economy ruined

Soundlesskill
10-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Kharmel & Alfai

COOL SIGS

kharmel
10-12-2013, 11:19 AM
I too;)

Soundlesskill
10-12-2013, 02:29 PM
You mean U!

Taejo
10-12-2013, 03:06 PM
This topic has been brought up numerous times in the past, and all of the arguments/points remain the same. The current risk vs reward system is as fair as it's going to get for a free-to-play game which encourages elixir purchases. As Desperoto stated, once you make epic drops the lowest value reward on an elite map, legendary items are going to flood the market and the economy will tank. One reason is because your frequent plat spenders are still going to buy luck elixirs when they run elite maps, and to add onto this, your casual plat spenders will probably start buying elixirs as well because they know their chances at a pink is much greater now. Thus in the end, more and more legendary items enter the market which you can't sell anymore at decent prices. Following this, a drop rate nerf will be the next thread posted.

I think the more reasonable solution, which has also been brought up in the past (particularly in Swede's old thread about getting rid of elite maps), is to increase gold and potion drops throughout the maps. STS attempted to do this, but not in a way that is solving the problem. In elite maps particularly, mobs (not barrels) need to be randomly dropping 5-20 gold and 1 potion. I don't understand why potions only drop when you have <25. They need to constantly drop regardless of your potion inventory - especially in elite Shuyal where you can burn through 100+ HP potions in one pull because of the purple goo. Lastly, elite bosses should be dropping 100-300 gold. I've never understood why they only drop 20-40 gold as a side reward for all the time and effort spent running an elite map. Heck, Bael/Krunch II drop 500-1k. The same goes for the arena - bosses need to be dropping more gold.

kharmel
10-13-2013, 09:40 PM
This topic has been brought up numerous times in the past, and all of the arguments/points remain the same. The current risk vs reward system is as fair as it's going to get for a free-to-play game which encourages elixir purchases. As Desperoto stated, once you make epic drops the lowest value reward on an elite map, legendary items are going to flood the market and the economy will tank. One reason is because your frequent plat spenders are still going to buy luck elixirs when they run elite maps, and to add onto this, your casual plat spenders will probably start buying elixirs as well because they know their chances at a pink is much greater now. Thus in the end, more and more legendary items enter the market which you can't sell anymore at decent prices. Following this, a drop rate nerf will be the next thread posted.

I think the more reasonable solution, which has also been brought up in the past (particularly in Swede's old thread about getting rid of elite maps), is to increase gold and potion drops throughout the maps. STS attempted to do this, but not in a way that is solving the problem. In elite maps particularly, mobs (not barrels) need to be randomly dropping 5-20 gold and 1 potion. I don't understand why potions only drop when you have <25. They need to constantly drop regardless of your potion inventory - especially in elite Shuyal where you can burn through 100+ HP potions in one pull because of the purple goo. Lastly, elite bosses should be dropping 100-300 gold. I've never understood why they only drop 20-40 gold as a side reward for all the time and effort spent running an elite map. Heck, Bael/Krunch II drop 500-1k. The same goes for the arena - bosses need to be dropping more gold.

At least now i understand...then better leave it as is then...never read about previous topic..my basic point only is the reward system specifically in elite content is not worth it..all draws towards plat usage.without those factors such as rerolls,economy and such..IMO,its not just worth the hardwork in elite..other than that,lets just farm..:-)

Azepeiete
10-14-2013, 07:05 PM
If items like bling bauble of pot And full circuit of potency were more common in elite, they'd be worth 200 gold. It's supply and demand. Right now they are uncommon so they are worth a little bit. If they became common, everyone would have them on the first day, and then they'd be worth nothing, again.

If they added MORE usable items, I could see it.

Maalice
10-16-2013, 04:12 AM
Could always do what they did with the bard in nordr and give u a elite gold puzzlebox after 20 kills

Alrisaia
10-16-2013, 08:07 AM

Conversely, increasing the gold amount those bosses drop will ultimately increase the prices of items, or *should* under normal economic circumstances. None of us have any real data to base conclusions on other than devs, however the only gold sinks in this game are as follows, and correct me if I'm wrong:
POTs ~1k gold lost per run on POTs (average player), ~.5k gold lost per run on POTs for a good party and even less for a really good party.
Pet Feeding. Yeah... most* players in the game don't feed their pets. I don't unless I am in PVP for the most part.
Buying Guild Halls - probably not a huge gold sink, but at 50k per pop it's a good way to get gold out of the economy.

I can't think of others now, however - in the MIMO (Money In Money Out) system, gold sinks are important and help to balance an economy. Increasing the amount of gold that a MOB or Boss drops Money In would require additional gold sinks as well. The Money Out variable of the equation should be less than but not much less than the Money In variable. This way there is always an influx of gold but not so much so that inflation gets out of hand...

Anyway - If Elite maps rewarded people too often, the market would saturate with pinks, everything would devalue and we'd be writing another complaint thread. Even if chest drops were to increase it would be a similar situation I think.

Something that might spice things up, and this has been brought up before many times, is the ability to farm for twink gear. Currently anything up to level 25 is either
a) leftover from Season 1 and super expensive - so new players don't get to experience the Agile Lifethief or the Agile Heartseekers until lv 25 :( or
b) Crate pinks which are also super expensive. Otherwise, for players up until lv 25 there are no elite items period, just trash pink and hyperinflated elite pinks from Season 1 which will eventually dissipate.

Twink gear FTW!!