PDA

View Full Version : Premium Loot Pay Outs / Locked & Plat

Khicho
10-08-2013, 11:22 AM
I am writing you to offer some hopefully constructive feedback. I would like to start by saying that I have been a big fan of Arcane Legends from the beginning! I have multiple characters and various levels and especially enjoy the pvp aspect of the game. All that being said, I am more than a little disappointed in the way premium loot (Mythic and Arcane) is distributed. I am the first to admit that I have invested way more (monetarily speaking) than I should have but in the past I have had decent return on the "real" money that I have spent. Unfortunately I can not say that has been the case recently. I have invested hundreds of dollars and thousands of plat and received one mythic necklace!?!? I realize this may all be part of the plan to increase monies spent and as a business owner I get it. However, I also understand that if you want your customers to keep coming back you need to reward them accordingly. I am simply sharing this feedback because I would consider myself (maybe I'm wrong) to be the type of player you want. I have complete control over my spending decisions and as of right now I have little to no desire to continue spending anymore real money on the game. On the flip side, if I had I received the kind of items I would expect after this kind of investment you would still have me pumping cash into the STS AL machine. Take it for what it is, I am only on person, but I am willing to bet you have a lot of other customers that share my frustration.

Hottsauce
10-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Agree with this post. Some players want to be the BEST. So we farm, farm, farm .... sigh farm, farm.. SPEND HOURS/DAYS/MONTHS getting Locked Chest & Puzzlebox all stored up. Spend hundreds (real money) literally on plat to open them. Open 100+ chest and biggest reward received are out of date purple Legendary items. WHY would anyone burned & frustrated in this way be motivated at all to spend their hard earned REAL money again towards this game for un-valuable rewards almost EVERY time. We'll just not invest REAL money AT ALL in sts & settle for basic free in-game drops and simply use those to play this game and make the best of it.. SOUNDS fun right?.. Happy Customer = Repeat Customer.. period
Update the quality & drop rate/amount period... really basic request. It's not like if I get Mythic or Arcane items WE can sell them bacc at any given time for "ANY of the REAL money we've spent buying platinum & gold from YOU STS" to hopefully obtain them. STS keeps it ALL... so give us something worth it towards OUR INVESTMENT to you is a simple request.
And blah blah about the in-game economy being affected. Will ANY one playing this game receive any ACTUAL money when you decide to quit and sale your stuff? Will you receive any REAL MONEY payment for all for all the GREAT Legendary,Mythic & Arcane items you own? NOPE not 1 red cent... So let others enjoy the "GAME" by increasing the quality of loot. STS wins & their Players/Customers win.

Khicho
10-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Needless to say... I agree!

frejajoan
10-08-2013, 05:08 PM
I soooo agreeeeee!!!!!! :D

PS:
The legendary items you get are 99% useless. Bad stats or no value is cs... and that's what we get in exchange of our plat?!?
Kinda sounds like gambling on a slot machine to me... :(

Kxrma
10-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Agreed.

Ebezaanec
10-08-2013, 07:48 PM

PS:
The legendary items you get are 99% useless. Bad stats or no value is cs... and that's what we get in exchange of our plat?!?

Are you sure you wanted junk pinks when you opened crates? No, of course not! You wanted Mythic/Arcanes!

No one opens crates for the legendaries and to use the statement as an argument is just simply reptitive and hypocritical.

Khicho
10-08-2013, 09:11 PM
I think you have missed the point. Let's just call it what it is. This game is a business that has built its success around people paying real money to aquire the best equipment available. The whole point being made is that if you want people to continue to spend their hard earned money you had better ensure there is a reward for doing so. It's simple business. If you want repeat customers make them feel good about their purchase not taken advantage of.

I don't expect mythic and arcane from every locked but if I am going to spend what amounts to hundreds of dollars there needs to be a justifiable reason.

One last point. By ensuring there is a return on real money spent only equals a win for sts because it ensure more money spent in the future.

Bullox
10-09-2013, 03:48 AM
Agree.......

And i BET if there are any changes, A LOT of Players will come back to AL.......

Shadow217
10-11-2013, 01:38 AM
The problem of increasing the loot rate is that value would drop so I think they should make it something like you open 49locks and in your 50th lock you have a 50% chance maybe higher of looting a mythic or arcane just something so its not 100% chance of getting the items to the point were it looses its value. I think both Sts and the players would be much happier but any feedback on this idea would be great. If all the plat spenders and Sts worked together I'm sure a good decision could be made :)

Drearivev
10-11-2013, 09:41 AM

PS:
It is gambling...

Khicho
10-14-2013, 03:05 PM
It is gambling.... However, it is also good business to protect your bottom line by keeping your customers coming back. The answer to this is simple, make sure there is a reasonable return on the real money spent otherwise people will stop spending plain and simple. I will continue to play but because of my frustration I will not spend real money any longer. If I had received a decent return i would still be buying plat. Let me be clear I am voicing my frustration after opening 20 to 30 locked I am talking about hundreds of locked.

Also, the cost of Arcane and Mythic items are so grossly inflated it wouldn't be a bad thing to flood the market with these items. In fact this would probably attract more players because now there would be a reasonable chance for them player to acquire these items.

Ebezaanec
10-14-2013, 03:15 PM
It is gambling.... However, it is also good business to protect your bottom line by keeping your customers coming back. The answer to this is simple, make sure there is a reasonable return on the real money spent otherwise people will stop spending plain and simple. I will continue to play but because of my frustration I will not spend real money any longer. If I had received a decent return i would still be buying plat. Let me be clear I am voicing my frustration after opening 20 to 30 locked I am talking about hundreds of locked.

Also, the cost of Arcane and Mythic items are so grossly inflated it wouldn't be a bad thing to flood the market with these items. In fact this would probably attract more players because now there would be a reasonable chance for them player to acquire these items.

Define "reasonable."

Taejo
10-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Honestly, I think this game has a very good balance between the methods in which to obtain items. It is important, if not imperative, for STS not to foster a pay-to-win aspect within the game. If they do that, they will end up losing more customers than the ones who are on your side of the argument. I understand you want something in return for your real money spent - we all get that. However, maybe the more reasonable solution is for you personally to stop opening crates and instead buy things that are for certain going to help you earn money/gear in the game: luck elixirs, plat pets, auction slots (to name a few). Crates are gambling, and there is 0% risk versus reward involved with opening them. The payouts should not be increased - it wouldn't be fair to the other thousands of players who can't buy plat and open crates. Pay-to-win games fail miserably when compared to Arcane Legends, that is why there are multiple ways to get gear in this game which are all equally difficult.

Tama Kino
10-14-2013, 03:31 PM
I dont agree with the people saying they should get something back for their real money spent as I am one of them & I have opened locked after locked only to feel deflated & strive harder to earn my next mythic/arcane item, I also noticed that most of those asking for this request are junior members so I take it you havent been playing for that long. Im not meaning your nOObs or anything I just think its better that its not flooded as everyone will be running around with mythic/arcane items & as it is I have saved over 1,580,000 gold in my goal of 2.5 mil for a mythic helm so I can upgrade them & when I do score locked crates I cant help but open them in the chance of getting something worthwhile & when I dont which is 99.9% of the time I just quickly throw it in the CS for sale, end of story. This is a long & hard method of getting what you want but I will achieve it...

P.S. I have been saving for what feels like forever but it will be worth its weight when I upgrade my mythic armour & have that lightning effect going on ^^