PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Help

Revealing
10-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Hello I've created a rogue a few days ago I've randomly put skill my current are aimed,trap,pierce+packs
I'm trying to get less kill as possible.is full dex better than 94 str rest dex?
If anyone want to help pm meh

My IGN is muting

Alrisaia
10-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Nothing wrong with Traps, but for PVE I would lose the Heal Packs.

Revealing
10-10-2013, 10:34 AM
I'll spec after halloween or maybe on Halloween to buy vanity and ofc sell them after they go dc

Alfai
10-11-2013, 01:36 AM
Hi Muting and welcome to the sisterhood of rogues :)

The first question you shd ask urself is what do you want your rogue to do? PvP or PvE? That one choise will guide oou on how to spec your rogue.

But in general, rogues are the dmg dealing class in AL, and anything that prevents the rogue from dealing dmg should be cast aside and avoided. Hence my problem with your skill choices. No dispute with pierce and aimed, but why packs and trap? If you're aiming for PvP then packs will improve survival but traps get you nowhere. If farming is what you want then have a skill that deals dmg (eg. nox) or a skill thay helps you improve your dmg-dealing capabilities (eg. shadow veil). Packs are irrelevant in PvE simply because you have pots.

As for stat points distribution, the same rule applies that you do not sacrifice dmg for anything else. Putting 94 in strength does you harm instead of good as u're trying to spec your rogue for endurance (which all rogues can't do) while sacrificing your rogue's ability to kkill quickly and dodge attacks. Essentially you're making your rogue a lame duck. A general rule for beginners is full points on the primary stat (which is dex for rogues) is the best approach. Advanced players will toy with the secondary stat (which for rogues is int) which may improce survivability but i suggest you don't go there until you have studoed the rogue carefully and learn how best you want to use it. As it is the best build for a farming rogue is full dex because it has maximum dmg dealing capability. Mana is settled with pots. Only PvP rogues will dabble with putting points in int.

Again apologies for shortforms and typos cuz i'm typing on my mobile at 3am in the morning on my way home from work... i cld go on and on but i figured this short and simple spiel on how best to spec your rogue should suffice in tickling your brain to further explore the capailities of a rogue. There are many excellent rogues out there both for PvP and PvE, many of whom are active in forums. They will likely help add on to what i've saud here and most including me wld be happy to respond to your pms in game about more info on rogue specs. As it is, enjoy starting out and exploring AL as a rogue. Cheers :)

Best compact guide ive ever read nicely written saf.
Listen to her,she knows her stuff and has been around for long. :)
No other comments i completely agree.you may wanna flip thru previous threads in rogue categorie.there were many build setting and rationalb were discussrd among rogues.