PDA

View Full Version : Anyone has any advice with 51 bear?

Hook
10-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Have any*

Its my first lv51 Bear. I decided to try it because I PvP with a 51 fox and seem to kill everything but bears. (50-55). So i was tempted... but
Im sure my skill build sucks because I dont seem to be as good as the bears I fought with the same gear.
I use royal set , (helm/armor) with fury shield and reaper. My stats are enough str for gear and rest on dex.
Is sewer king set with bow better?
Does anyone have a good skill build? Im lost as to what Slashes to level and if the evasion buffs are needed since royal gives high dodge. Any help would be appreciated. Also, what is the bears second solo combo? Sorry im a bear noob, i only had a lv30 bear before so know nothing about it.

Awarding a FREE signature from my sig-shop, to whoever gives me the most useful advice. Il pick by tomorrow.
:cool:

Extreme
10-08-2013, 06:43 PM
This guides I found really useful:

Strategy & Combo:
Noodle's guide: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?60623-The-Guide-Funky-Bear-Levels-51-53-Funkypawz

Build:
Thescarybeary's Build:
6 Rage
6 Evade
6 Taunt
6 Iron Blood
6 beckon
4 Stomp
6 Cb
6 Hs
1 vs
2 sms
1 Crippling

Enough str for equip rest dex.

programmed
10-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Aw extreme beat me to it. My build he listed above and 108 strength with the rest in dexterity. Combo: Beckon, hell scream, crushing blow, stomp, super mega slash, vengeful slash, crippling clash. For more info you can look in my guide in the level 51 section, through the link in my signature below.

Vs mages try to use hell scream right after the Mage heals so you can be sure they don't heal out of it. Unlike crushing blow they can heal out of hell scream and both are important skills for debuffing.

Vs birds just use the combo above and they die quick normally. If you use strength vs the bird and they are kiting, keep using hell scream until it doesn't get dodged and they stop from the stun or beckon if you can get it to hit without being dodged but hell scream still has range with 100% chance of stun when it hits plus the debuff, then use crippling slash to root the bird and then crushing blow to finish the debuff, then use the combo.

Vs other bears use the combo. If you know your ranges well then use beckon at 12m to get the first hit, and hell scream at 10m to hit your debuffs first. The first to hit debuffs usually wins in a bear vs bear. This is with dexterity bears. Strength bear vs strength bear will just become a never ending fight of dodging all and regen, keeping you both at full health.

Bear vs fox I never tried before so I don't know.

Vs rhino is same as strength bear vs strength bear because most rhinos in 51-56 use strength.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Argyros
10-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Hai!

Uhm I shall not say my build, it is most top secret of all! Anyhow I'll give you some other great tips, in hopes of a sexy sig.

Stats~

118 str, rest dex.

Gear~

I'd reccomemd having two load outs handy, 1 fer nuking and 1 fer tanking.

Nuke load out-
•Royal Sewer helm
•Royal Sewer armor
•Raid Roach Recurve bow. (If you cant afford- a Sewer king bow will work as well, because they are practically the same.)
•2 dodge 10 damage ring

Tank loadout-
•Royal Sewer helm
•Royal Sewer armor
•Fury Fighter Gemstone shield
•Fury Fighter Gemstone sword (Two tips, 1. Don't use the axe, 2. Use a l50 reaper if you can afford it, but it's all preferance.)
•2 dodge 10 damage ring

How to play~

Nuking-

Nukin mages: Many mages will use a xbow and kite you. Try to get in range, get a beckon in hellscream and stomp em to the nearest wall or tree. Once you have them cornered or next to you, throw in your debuffs/slashes and stomp.

Nukin bears: These matches do not last long when it's a dex bear vs dex bear. Beckon, hellscream, crushing blow, and stomp is your best bet.

Nukin birds- Beware, nukin a pure bird is not recommended. Definietly nuke a str bird, make sure to hit a few debuffs before stomping.

For fox and rhino it just takes a bit comfort and knowledge of skills. After practice it shouldn't be to hard to defeat any class. Here's an outline of basic nuking by the best l51 bear ever-

Buff
Beckon
Hellscream
Crushing blow
Crippling slash
Circle around enemy for a few secs
Stomp
SMS
Taunt
Repeat?

Tanking-

Tankin mages: Its not the best, but if your in FFA try your best to wall the mages and use hellscream as much as possible.

Tankin bears- GL! These may take along time! Memorize the skill outline below. It's your best hope.

Tankin birds- Dont let them completely root you, or your toast. Trap them, stun them. Land your debuffs and your in luck.

Tankin Rhinos/Foxes- Again, your dodge is your friend, use it. Be sure to make use of your surroundings. Another useful outline to memorize-

Buff
Beckon
Hell
Crippling
Crushing blow
Taunt
SMS
Vengeful
Wait a few secs
Beckon
Hell
Taunt
Repeat?

Conclusion,
I may have missed a few things, please just tell me. I'm glad your taking interest in the 51 bear! ^^

Heroelite
10-08-2013, 10:00 PM
There is no one combo beats all by the way. You have to change your combo up for different situations. Here is one that works well on mages. Beckon stomp (not launching, stomp halfway to have the stop right in front of you) cb hellscream crip etc. Obviously wont work against kite build. Most bears hell scream then cb but I prefer cb first in my combo when vsing mages. This is because most mages know that bears will hs right away so they will heal, but if you save the hs for after the heal, it is more effective. A mage that knows what they are doing will then change up their combo next fight. Perhaps they might heal later and if they do you could consider nuking them, but my point is Every fight the situation will be different you just got to learn to adjust your combo properly. So there is no ONE combo you should do and you dont need to be "memorizing" them as people are saying

CrimsonTider
10-08-2013, 10:09 PM
One would be surprised how well a Rift set and Sentinel Shotty/talon Set will do you.

My advice: Follow Noodle's guide while considering what I said above. And remember, you need to use patience. Bear may be the most difficult class to master. There are many different builds and approaches while requiring a great deal of patience and calmness.

Caiahar
10-09-2013, 10:20 AM
One would be surprised how well a Rift set and Sentinel Shotty/talon Set will do you.

My advice: Follow Noodle's guide while considering what I said above. And remember, you need to use patience. Bear may be the most difficult class to master. There are many different builds and approaches while requiring a great deal of patience and calmness.
Probably the best bear advice I've heard in a long time.

Argyros
10-09-2013, 10:31 AM

Probably the best bear advice I've heard in a long time.

Uh, I strongly disagree with Crims first sentence. Anyhow if any sentinel bear or rift bear would like to fight me, Id be glad to meet. ^^

programmed
10-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Uh, I strongly disagree with Crims first sentence. Anyhow if any sentinel bear or rift bear would like to fight me, Id be glad to meet. ^^

I have actually seen some very good death bears. Same goes for rift.

programmed
10-09-2013, 11:56 AM
I have actually seen some very good death bears. Same goes for rift. I think Reun had a death bear (?). Not sure if I remember that correctly about it being him but they are out there.

CrimsonTider
10-09-2013, 12:34 PM

You have to understand, I am old school. When the scythe gets nerfed like the other Halloween weapons, my statement becomes even more legit because a fury/sewer mix doesn't have the power to make up for loss of hit%. Will Rift win every single time? No. But you may be surprised what a skilled bear can do with it. I might also add, Noodle won a lot of fights with a cyber talon set.

Argyros
10-09-2013, 12:56 PM

You have to understand, I am old school. When the scythe gets nerfed like the other Halloween weapons, my statement becomes even more legit because a fury/sewer mix doesn't have the power to make up for loss of hit%. Will Rift win every single time? No. But you may be surprised what a skilled bear can do with it. I might also add, Noodle won a lot of fights with a cyber talon set.

He also won 2 developer supported tournemts with a fury/royal mix. But the thing is... I don't use the scythe, I prefer the ff sword. ^^ I have yet to find a skilled rift bear, that can beat a royal bear.

Caiahar
10-09-2013, 02:04 PM

He also won 2 developer supported tournemts with a fury/royal mix. But the thing is... I don't use the scythe, I prefer the ff sword. ^^ I have yet to find a skilled rift bear, that can beat a royal bear.
Ive saw in my 51 rhino career :P ive saw only 1 actually.
And reun had a death talon bear, he made a guide about it.

Reunegade
10-09-2013, 03:14 PM
IMO, sentinel shotgun is good vs. tank bears if you can kite them at 13m. You just do not want to get caught in their trap, and to escape, do stomp sms quickly for a big knock-back.

Here's my guide btw: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?101463-Reun-s-Level-50-Death-Bear-Guide!&highlight=reun%27s+level+death+bear+guide

Hook
10-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Thanks everyone, I appreciate every single bit of advice given.

I had to write most of this stuff down.
I will put my bear to the test later today.

The following people, who posted above me, may have a free sig of their personal choice.
Extreme/Thescarybeary/HeroElite/Argyros/CrimsonTider.

Its Optional, I know I've done sigs already for a couple of you, but if you'd like another, go for it.
All I need is a screenshot(s) of your character(s), and your ideas (if you have any), posted on my shop.

One last question.
Referring to Argyros' post,
Why is the Fury Sword recommended over the Fury Axe? I was checking C.S for them, and Axe has more damage and more DPS. Just Curious.
Sword does seem more expensive, but stats wise, I dont get why.

Thanks again everyone.

Zapoke
10-09-2013, 04:31 PM

The following people, who posted above me, may have a free sig of their personal choice.

Its Optional, I know I've done sigs already for a couple of you, but if you'd like another, go for it.
All I need is a screenshot(s) of your character(s), and your ideas (if you have any), posted on my shop.

One last question.
Why is the Fury Sword recommended over the Fury Axe? I was checking C.S for them, and Axe has more damage and more DPS. Just Curious.

Thanks again everyone.

Swords give more skill damage than axes do, and seeing how you'll be hitting skills more often than you'll be auto attacking, the sword is usually the better choice. :)

CrimsonTider
10-09-2013, 04:34 PM

One last question.

Thanks again everyone.

No sig needed. Glad I could help.

Extreme
10-10-2013, 08:23 AM

One last question.

Thanks again everyone.

Glad I helped :) I'll try grab some screenshots!

Argyros
10-10-2013, 08:10 PM

One last question.

Thanks again everyone.

Swords give more skill damage than axes do, and seeing how you'll be hitting skills more often than you'll be auto attacking, the sword is usually the better choice. :)

Well I guess I got ninjad again. ^^ Anyhow, I believe the ff sword gives 12 skill dmg? That's a huge thumbs up for the sword, whereas the axe only gives about 10+ dmg and dps.

Reunegade
10-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Can I have a sig? :o

Michael Liu
10-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Sell your royal sewer and get Sewer King; it's a lot better. 3 Taunt, 6 evade, 6 rage, 5 iron, 6 beck, 4 stomp, 6 HS, 3 of each SMS. Put the rest wherever else you want.

programmed
10-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Can I have a sig? :o

Absolutely not!

Reunegade
10-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Absolutely not!

ruined my day :(

programmed
10-11-2013, 09:17 PM
ruined my day :(

Sowwy :(