PDA

View Full Version : What Character is needed the most?

duhchi
11-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Waiting for the android release and just wondering what character I should start? Which one is needed the most/the most helpful?

FluffNStuff
11-07-2010, 04:33 PM
A well played character. Very rare and highly desired.

Zeus
11-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Bears are generally the most helpful unless farming overlord, then you want a bird so you can break his shield. Enchantresses are a nice add on to the team but generally the group consists of 2 to 3 bears, 1 archer and 1 enchantress. That is for a ideal farming team

duhchi
11-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Awesome thanks for the responses. Is there an over abundance of a certain class?

Conradin
11-07-2010, 07:38 PM
theres alot of bears, i have 4 bear. they are kinda pimp

Demonicdevyn
11-07-2010, 07:47 PM
mages fun to use but arent to good
bears great farmers but gotta ge up close
birds not to strong but are great for distance

TheLaw
11-07-2010, 08:22 PM

Agreed, all classes are equal actually, so it pays to have them all. At Level50, Birds are most influential because of their armor. But I recommend bears for starters, but otherwise, its up to you.

duhchi
11-07-2010, 08:30 PM
I'll probably start a bear class then do a bird one eventually. Thanks for all the advice so far :P

Branwyn
11-09-2010, 10:51 AM
theres alot of bears, i have 4 bear. they are kinda pimp

I've heard that there are a ton of bears, but I've only been up to the second oasis and the is a definite shortage. I always seem to end up on teams of five mages, which tends to work out ok as long as we designate a healbot, but we could definitely use someone with strength. Were do all the bears hide? I just started a bear for this very reason. Also, wilt thou friend me, mighty bear master?

noobmigo
11-13-2010, 12:39 PM
I would recommend mages. If you care about fun though, don't play as a mage. Play as an archer! Blast Shot is the most fun skill ever besides bear's beckon. For easy starters, go for bears. they soak up alot of damage and learn the most fun skill ever.

Ergoforcen
11-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Im taking your advice and starting up a archer

Raxie
11-13-2010, 08:37 PM
birds not to strong but are great for distance
birds deal the most dps...

Ellyidol
11-13-2010, 09:01 PM
birds deal the most dps...

Definitely.

With 1.5, I'd always prefer at least one mage in the group.

Rusalio
11-17-2010, 01:20 PM
I would recommend Bear class first. Mages second and then Archer. Mages are TOTALLY and fun and easy after having done the Bear first. Archer has its own uniqueness brings both Bear and Mage qualities together. Of course I am speaking from a PURIST perspective... Not a pally person myself.

Balonia
11-17-2010, 02:34 PM
I certainly think you should play all of them. Take your time with all. When you get bored with one, play the other. I think learning all classes helps you be better prepared and understand what your job is and what certain players need from you. It is suppose to be a game where you all have to rely on your team to each job. My main is a Mage but in playing the others, I learned so much. Like before I played a bear, I was ignorant to the fact that I needed to watch the bears health and heal them always...sorry warriors that I played early on with :). Hence the grumpy bear syndrome.

Arterra
11-17-2010, 06:36 PM
bear= able to soak up damage, and deal stunning moves (literally can keep enemy on toes for almost a indefinite time). good to start with, either choose to concentrate on all str or dex. (melee or ranged). there seem to be more and more dex bears using top level dex armor these days... though might change if rift (str) is fixed or void (dex) is lowered in coming updates.

bird= able to deal out great damage at range to single targets as skills are learned (if you got no bird with break armor in swamps, sucks to be you), with medium health/armor. if first or second or even third usage go dex, since this is currently most awesome class and build. If feeling brave and awesome however... str birds are on the rise.

mage= got great aoe damage (area of effect) and can also go and heal herself and others. even revive them! but please use only after another character, so you can see a good mage in action and copy that person. while able to deal pain, must balance out damage and self preservation since they got lowest armor and HP... sort of like a glass canon. can really be used well with any stat specialization, str though will need some care and lots of mana potions until later on. there is currently more int mages than other types since cosmo (top level int gear) is the cheap to buy, and there is good for aoe and mana in general. str at top levels though got a serious mana-cut, so less these days.

Pharcyde
11-21-2010, 03:26 AM

Love this!

All charecters are important and needed. Every map has variations of best party character combos. Like OL, a good combo is 2 mages 2 birds 1 bear.