PDA

View Full Version : we need some elite wraith/astral heart research done

wvhills
10-10-2013, 08:17 AM
I pm'd several devs to let them know elite wraith and astral (if i spelled that right) heart are still bugged. To the player community the bug is well known- at some point both the minions and heart become untargetable and ur attacks fly all over the screen (except for clock which still seems to work).

The devs said they checked on their private servers and can't reproduce the bug so as far as they are concerned all elite areas are working properly. But from what the players have been telling them they think it is related to pets that stun/terror (slag, samael, and maybe clyde). They asked me to try to fight them without pets that stun/terror and let them know if the areas work like that.

I'm not sure how much i can play today or if I can find anyone willing to give it a try. When i ask my friends all of them just say that area is bugged and won't go, lol.

I thought i would make this thread and see if any of u guys have time to go in and give it a try. If we can isolate the problem maybe they can get these areas fixed. I think these could become this season's oltgar keep- a place where pugs can join and get a semi-fast elite run done. If working properly elite wraith heart would be fastest to get to (but would still take a while to kill due to high health and having to fight down the minions).

If u can please post screenies so we can see the pets ur using and can confirm whether or not u were able to target the boss.

thanks! i luv u all!

wvhills
10-10-2013, 10:37 AM
wow, i really thought people would be interested in this. Nvm devs, work on something else! People are fine with it being broken.

falmear
10-10-2013, 10:41 AM
We tried it last night without any pets that stun and we still ran into the problem. The only thing I can think of is that my gun may have proc'd and stunned the boss. If you want to test this with various pets then you can invite me. I'd like to test it again without using my gun's auto attack and see if it happens again.

Cremated
10-10-2013, 10:46 AM
I pm'd several devs to let them know elite wraith and astral (if i spelled that right) heart are still bugged. To the player community the bug is well known- at some point both the minions and heart become untargetable and ur attacks fly all over the screen (except for clock which still seems to work).

The devs said they checked on their private servers and can't reproduce the bug so as far as they are concerned all elite areas are working properly. But from what the players have been telling them they think it is related to pets that stun/terror (slag, samael, and maybe clyde). They asked me to try to fight them without pets that stun/terror and let them know if the areas work like that.

I'm not sure how much i can play today or if I can find anyone willing to give it a try. When i ask my friends all of them just say that area is bugged and won't go, lol.

I thought i would make this thread and see if any of u guys have time to go in and give it a try. If we can isolate the problem maybe they can get these areas fixed. I think these could become this season's oltgar keep- a place where pugs can join and get a semi-fast elite run done. If working properly elite wraith heart would be fastest to get to (but would still take a while to kill due to high health and having to fight down the minions).

If u can please post screenies so we can see the pets ur using and can confirm whether or not u were able to target the boss.

thanks! i luv u all!

all i read

wvhills
10-10-2013, 12:17 PM
We tried it last night without any pets that stun and we still ran into the problem. The only thing I can think of is that my gun may have proc'd and stunned the boss. If you want to test this with various pets then you can invite me. I'd like to test it again without using my gun's auto attack and see if it happens again.

ok, i think i have u on my frands list. :)
we can try it but with the apparent lack of interest i doubt the devs spend any time fixing it even if we can find the problem.

Zeus
10-10-2013, 12:27 PM
ok, i think i have u on my frands list. :)
we can try it but with the apparent lack of interest i doubt the devs spend any time fixing it even if we can find the problem.

Have you forgotten? Most players think that the only way to earn money is by popping crates! Why bother with bosses? ;)

Samhayne
10-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Once we get the pumpkin pet publish done today the team will be taking another look at these elite encounters. Our apologies for any bugs users are experiencing on live.

Any specific feedback that you have about these is very helpful for us to track down any issues.

Uzii
10-10-2013, 12:40 PM
I tried 2 or 3 times alone. dont remeber exactly was like 2 weeks ago. Dont remember pets also, but i guess malison, ribbit, or loki.
Once i tried with mythic bow, other time with architect quills. I just run around the crystal shooting those skeletons, when they were stuned, the shield from wraith heart went down. I attacked heart. Then again skeletons waked up so i run and shooted, but second time when skeletons got stuned the shield on wraith heart didnt get down.

Ashral heart when i tried was working as it should, means i killed it. Was using Orion and bow.

So sorcerers gun proc probably isnt the culprit also. I was a lonely rogue and it still didnt work for wraith heart as it should

Zuzeq
10-10-2013, 12:40 PM

I don't think your gun proc'ed until after the issue last night. There was no stun effects going on.

Jexetta
10-10-2013, 12:43 PM
I haven't had any issues with Elite Ashral heart, I usually do one elite ashral heart run every day and haven't had any issues.

That being said... I tried doing Elite Wrath heart solo and it just bugged every single time a couple weeks ago, disappointing. The skeleton guards would become 'stunned' as they should after getting them down to about 50%, then they stay stunned (as they should), and the shield on the wrath heart 'core' never came down or I couldn't target the 'core'. The skeleton guards get unstunned after the period of time allowed to attack the core and the same things would happen after I stunned them again. This was a couple weeks ago, I just gave up trying it.

wvhills
10-10-2013, 12:56 PM
I haven't had any issues with Elite Ashral heart, I usually do one elite ashral heart run every day and haven't had any issues.

That being said... I tried doing Elite Wrath heart solo and it just bugged every single time a couple weeks ago, disappointing. The skeleton guards would become 'stunned' as they should after getting them down to about 50%, then they stay stunned (as they should), and the shield on the wrath heart 'core' never came down or I couldn't target the 'core'. The skeleton guards get unstunned after the period of time allowed to attack the core and the same things would happen after I stunned them again. This was a couple weeks ago, I just gave up trying it.

same as with me on elite wrath heart. Jex, if u see me on when ur doing an astral heart let me know and i'll leech along! XD

Thrindal
10-10-2013, 01:00 PM
I agree I have no issue with Elite Ashral Heart but Elite Wraith Heart is bugged every time. The first time the shield goes down there is no problem but after that the shield visually appears to go down but nobody can target the Heart, the only thing that works is the Mages Clock. I can't believe the devs don't believe there is an issue as it is pretty universally known to players as being bugged. I am an avid Elite runner and this is the only none arena Elite that I have not completed at least once.

I would have thought more priority would have been given to this issue as it is very frustrating for those of us that like to do Elite Achievements.

wvhills
10-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Once we get the pumpkin pet publish done today the team will be taking another look at these elite encounters. Our apologies for any bugs users are experiencing on live.

Any specific feedback that you have about these is very helpful for us to track down any issues.

we'll get to the bottom of it!

Uzii
10-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Well if on their private servers is everything working fine, they should just try in real game, with players and see whats wrong...

wvhills
10-10-2013, 01:06 PM
I agree I have no issue with Elite Ashral Heart but Elite Wraith Heart is bugged every time. The first time the shield goes down there is no problem but after that the shield visually appears to go down but nobody can target the Heart, the only thing that works is the Mages Clock. I can't believe the devs don't believe there is an issue as it is pretty universally known to players as being bugged. I am an avid Elite runner and this is the only none arena Elite that I have not completed at least once.

I would have thought more priority would have been given to this issue as it is very frustrating for those of us that like to do Elite Achievements.

They test on different servers as us. Sometimes the don't work the same. It looks like they are turning their attention to it soon tho!
it's been a while since i tried ashral heart. from what u and jex say it seems like it works. I had many people in my guild and on my friends list say it didn't so i included it without trying it. I have tried elite wrath heart and do know it doesn't work.

Zeus
10-10-2013, 03:03 PM

Sam, that's great and all but if you could have a faster response time on bugs like this, it would be great. I mean, I know a bunch of players who've wasted platinum on these maps only to have them bugged out.