PDA

View Full Version : PL all over again?

Freobr
10-10-2013, 08:28 AM
What do you think guys, if STS would delete current pocket legends and launched the game all over again. For example the duration between the caps would be 2.5x 3x bigger? You don't get the plat back you paid though.

I don't say this is gonna happen or anything, this is just something I thought of, but how would it sound to you :)

gison
10-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Just another cheap way for people to get founders, cool names, and vanities from capping

MightyMicah
10-10-2013, 08:34 AM
To be honest, mate, at first I was thinking, "That's kinda stupid..." And didn't say anything. However, as I thought about it a little more, I would actually love it if that happened. I think you're right, though, it would never happen. Too many people have spent loads of money and wouldn't get a refund.

Twink
10-10-2013, 09:28 AM
What?! 2.5x/3x bigger duration time between caps? Terrible idea, I wouldn't want to watch how PL is turning to worse all over again... This time even in slo-mo.

They should just release a seperate version of PL when cap was 35/40 with some minor tweaks and content addition.
...and a maturity test when signing up.

programmed
10-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Of the money and time I've spent on this game, I would hate for this to happen.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Cavoc
10-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Or a different server like fnord use to be

CrimsonTider
10-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Throw away 3 years of play, plat, and memories? No thank you.

Nihiliste
10-10-2013, 10:36 AM
This would never happen.

angeldawn
10-10-2013, 10:49 AM
If you want to play PL all over again make twinks :) challenge yourself with no elixirs, max kills, zero deaths etc......

Not punish all the other players.

MightyMicah
10-10-2013, 11:50 AM

Bingo. I would love to begin a brand new journey starting level 30 cap that's the same Pocket Legends game, but completely unrelated. I'm talking new gear stats, new pvp and pve mechanics, etc. The best part is that you can always jump back over to the other server. Man oh man...

angeldawn
10-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Bingo. I would love to begin a brand new journey starting level 30 cap that's the same Pocket Legends game, but completely unrelated. I'm talking new gear stats, new pvp and pve mechanics, etc. The best part is that you can always jump back over to the other server. Man oh man...

This would cost STS way too much over head I'm sure.

But could be fun

Multibird
10-10-2013, 11:58 AM
This is an outrage!

Argyros
10-10-2013, 12:03 PM

Nice thought.

Imagine a new server, for l76 capped players only. (sorry Micah, it's just a thought)
This would open up tons of opertunities! To name a few-
•No Elixirs. (the main server would provide enuf income already)
•Increased interest!
•Harder mobs!... This could lead to a mythical thing called teamwork!
•Harder quests (a maybe)
•Make the drops so much more rare! Fh pinks worth 500k+ would be intense, but definitly even the rates, ie fh pinks as rare as endgame pinks.
•How would STS make cash? 15-20 plat per extra dungeon, I.e. Mrocs. Something reasonable along those lines.

Very cool idea.

Cavoc
10-10-2013, 12:42 PM

That would be pretty sick.
It would definitely bring that motivation and fun of leveling, as it was when we first started.

Chopper
10-10-2013, 12:52 PM
I think it's a bad idea.

So we get the same regurgitated content restarted at a much slower pace? it would fail. All we would have to look forward to is exactly what we already have in the original game? um, no.

Freobr
10-10-2013, 12:53 PM
I think it's a bad idea.

So we get the same regurgitated content restarted at a much slower pace? it would fail. All we would have to look forward to is exactly what we already have in the original game? um, no.

But PL could also fix some of the mistakes they did now with the modern PL

Skeletonlord
10-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Throw away 3 years of play, plat, and memories? No thank you.

Its easy to just make a new character, that's kinda like starting over right?

Suentous PO
10-10-2013, 01:13 PM
I and others have made toons starting from scratch and imposed our own rules such as;
No plat use
No access to old stashed items/ can only use what's dropped
No dailies no running with thrashed up folk
Ect
Ever tried something like that?

Cavoc
10-10-2013, 01:30 PM
I and others have made toons starting from scratch and imposed our own rules such as;
No plat use
Ect

What level are you guys at?

Suentous PO
10-10-2013, 03:13 PM
What level are you guys at?

I redid mine around lv 30, broke down and used him to help farm daily blessings.
It works best when a few of your friends are doing the same thing so you have people to run with.
Siejo had started an entire guild for it "chuck Norris acadamy" members started a new toon at the same time, so if you see someone with Norris at then end of the name that's where that came from.

Cavoc
10-10-2013, 03:16 PM
I redid mine around lv 30, broke down and used him to help farm daily blessings.
It works best when a few of your friends are doing the same thing so you have people to run with.
Siejo had started an entire guild for it "chuck Norris acadamy" members started a new toon at the same time, so if you see someone with Norris at then end of the name that's where that came from.

Nice. I'm going to try this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

angeldawn
10-10-2013, 04:49 PM
No plat use
Ect

A group of my friends did this around fang time. Didn't last long though.

Schnitzel
10-10-2013, 04:56 PM
What do you think guys, if STS would delete current pocket legends and launched the game all over again. For example the duration between the caps would be 2.5x 3x bigger? You don't get the plat back you paid though.

I don't say this is gonna happen or anything, this is just something I thought of, but how would it sound to you :)
I was thinking about this too

What if sts just recreated pl but, like other games in series, add a 2 after pocket legends (Pocket Legends 2)

Since our account info is stored online, we could just get the pl2 and login with our old sts accounts and our stuff, xp, items, stuff.. would still be on that new app.
(I remember SkyVu did this with Battle Bears, where they made another app Battle Bears Gold, then people could login with their old accounts and still have everything the got in the old game onto the new game)

I remember reading somewhere on forums that pl was made with an older code so some features can't be added. But what if sts made a 2nd version of pl with the same kind of code used in AL and BD, then the new pl app could have all the old features and maybe even new ones

Fusionstrike
10-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Well as long as we're dreaming of STS making a huge new investment in PL, why not just dream that they, you know, go back to adding content to the existing game like they did for the first 2 years? No need to reset things to zero or make some twisted new gear/rules/etc. Just go back to making PL like they used to. I'm confident that would be much easier for them and as fun as it ever was for us.

Oldcoot
10-10-2013, 06:02 PM
This^^

tHelonestud
10-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Well as long as we're dreaming of STS making a huge new investment in PL, why not just dream that they, you know, go back to adding content to the existing game like they did for the first 2 years? No need to reset things to zero or make some twisted new gear/rules/etc. Just go back to making PL like they used to. I'm confident that would be much easier for them and as fun as it ever was for us.
Well said
Realistically, the only thing that they will do is leave it slowly fading away, adding an occasional recolor of some existing item.

Suentous PO
10-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Pretty sure Stud had the idea for a platless (or was it elixir free ) server a long time ago.

tHelonestud
10-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Pretty sure Stud had the idea for a platless (or was it elixir free ) server a long time ago.
Wow did I? Sounds vaguely familiar...it was like a premium subscription server?