PDA

View Full Version : Still not working

Deke
10-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Hi everyone,

A few days ago I posted about not being able to get on AL. Kept on getting messages about my video card
"probably" needed up dating. Originally I thought that maybe because I installed Silver Light, it cause the
problem. Well, that certainly wasn't it. I got some good information here from answers to my post and updated my driver as they suggested. That was a real circus due to the fact that I am fairly computer illiterate.

I have spent many long hours consulting Google and found a myriad of different answers. I uninstalled and installed a couple of different drivers. They weren't the issue either. I am currently running the up to date driver, and I still cant' get into Al. Keep getting the same message, "....your video card is probably out of date." Finally it dawned on me that I have been messing around with drivers, when I really should have been working on the '" video CARD" itself.
As I said before, I'm not a computer pro so I didn't realize that "video driver" and "video card" were 2 different things.

To make a long story short, it seems like you can't update the video cards on most laptops. Making these computers less expensive they wired it up another way to save money and to present a more reasonably priced computer to the consumer. But, where does that leave the customer when their computers get old and their versions of a video card wear out, as apparently mine did. It means that we have to buy another computer if we want to go to sites like Arcane Legends.

Well, I want to go to AL, but cant' afford a new computer when mine seems to be working great other than the AL issues. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I know that their are some computer geniuses out there who might know a way that I can work around this video card thing. If it's possible, and you can afford the time, can you help me with this? As I said in my original post, I'm a little short of Level 36, and a few thou short of 1 mill in gold. I sure would like to be able to attain those land marks, and continue on in the world of the Arcane Legends.

Thanks very much in advance. The number of times that I have asked for help here, I have gotten some great responses from you guys and gals. I appreciate that. No, "We" appreciate that.

Deke and Dinella

GeistReign
10-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Deke Moore? Lol.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4

Zeus
10-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Hey man, can you look up your specific laptop model number and tell me the video card?

If you can't do that, just tell me the brand name and the laptop & I'll try to guide you from there.