PDA

View Full Version : Dont allow guild members to join opposite team in CTF

Derezzzed
10-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Make it so members of the same guild can only join one team in CTF this isn't just because of kill/flag farming but theres certain guilds *cough* especially one in particular *cough* that will get 5 members on one team & then they will put one or two of their guildmates on the opposite team and those guildmates go afk so that the 5 guildmates on the opposite team can easily 3v5 you, this happens way too often & it makes PVP less enjoyable.

(Only saying for CTF because in TDM you get the "troll bane" ap/title)

Alrisaia
10-11-2013, 04:04 PM
I don't know about you, but my guild rules are as follows:

If you join blue, you fight red.
If you join red, you fight blue.

Makes things pretty simple.

Derezzzed
10-11-2013, 04:19 PM
I don't know about you, but my guild rules are as follows:

If you join blue, you fight red.
If you join red, you fight blue.

Makes things pretty simple.

Ye ik your guild does that which is fair but ALOT of others guilds don't just so they can gang you at a uneven number & ik it's simple to "just leave" & I do but that's just promoting those guilds who do this to keep doing it simply because they can

Ik doing this isn't against the TOS but There should be some "honor" to pvp ing instead of having to stoop that low to get kills

Oedid
10-11-2013, 04:30 PM
I have to disagree. Sorry mate.

Opinion:
-If you are on the opposite side - kill - regardless of affiliation.

Problem:
-Its not fair to have two pvp teams going but yet,
1) Your mates refuse to kill the you on opposing side due to your affiliation.
2) Likewise, its not fair to your team to prevent a win from because you refuse to kill your own mates.

I often leave pvp matches because it sorely upsets the balance of the match and is ultimately frustrating to watch your teammate watch you die because they refuse to kill thier own mate. It upsets the purpose of joining the game to begin with. Winning.

Resolutions:
1) If you don't want to kill your mates or be killed by them, join a new game.
2) Reorganize your guild play in such a way to ensure you group together, or ensure you aren't opposed to one another.

In short, be proactive, not reactive.

Derezzzed
10-11-2013, 04:34 PM
I have to disagree. Sorry mate.

Opinion:
-If you are on the opposite side - kill - regardless of affiliation.

Problem:
-Its not fair to have two pvp teams going but yet, your mates refuse to kill the you on opposing side due to affiliation. Likewise, its not fair to your team to prevent your own team from winning because you refuse to kill your own mates.

I often leave pvp matches because it sorely upsets the balance of the match and is ultimately frustrating to watch your teammate watch you die because they refuse to kill thier own mate. It upsets the purpose of joining the game to begin with. Winning.

Resolutions:
-If you don't want to kill your mates or be killed by them, join a new game.
-Reorganize your teams in such a way to ensure you group together, or ensure you aren't opposed to one another.

Be proactive, not reactive.

Ya ik & you're right I defiantly agree with you but there's still a lot of guilds that have no "honor" and will constantly do this

Oedid
10-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Sorry I editted XD

Derezzzed
10-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Sorry I editted XD

Problem solved xD

Oedid
10-11-2013, 04:41 PM
LOL

On the one hand a system by which we could select not to join matches with guildies would be a nice option in the game. Or maybe something to that effect.

Derezzzed
10-11-2013, 04:44 PM
LOL

On the one hand a system by which we could select not to join matches with guildies would be a nice option in the game. Or maybe something to that effect.

Yep that would be nice, but it still allows guilds to leave the option unchecked and keep doing this unbalanced ganging xD (the certain guilds I'm talking about do it on purpose not by accident that's more what I have a problem with then anything)

Pandamoni
10-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Imagine how awful they are in real life if they see nothing wrong with cheating. People are a trip.

inkredible
10-11-2013, 04:57 PM
This guild rules I always find stupid because as mch as you don't see it , it creates more drama when one person make a mistake
If someone doesn't like a "no ctf " guild rule then don't join that guild. If u want a guild who's got a strict rule about pvp then go join that guild but this rule is absolutely ridiculous
U wanna know why Deviant misfits don't have that rule? I find that most members are mature enough not to take pvp too personal and we fight against each other for fun , no grudges , what happens on ctf tdm stays there , yes we all get heated during fights but meh once we leave , like nothing happened

Derezzzed
10-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Yy
Imagine how awful they are in real life if they see nothing wrong with cheating. People are a trip.

This guild rules I always find stupid because as mch as you don't see it , it creates more drama when one person make a mistake
If someone doesn't like a "no ctf " guild rule then don't join that guild. If u want a guild who's got a strict rule about pvp then go join that guild but this rule is absolutely ridiculous
U wanna know why Deviant misfits don't have that rule? I find that most members are mature enough not to take pvp too personal and we fight against each other for fun , no grudges , what happens on ctf tdm stays there , yes we all get heated during fights but meh once we leave , like nothing happened

This is what some guilds do, they kill each other which is how it should be if on opposite teams and I respect those guilds, but the guilds that do it on purpose are defiantly cheating the system & IMHO it should be fixed because I (& I'm sure many others) see this being done daily & its not a huge deal but I shouldn't have to leave because another guild has no honor and they feel like being douches & blatant cheating to get their kills, I've even made comments directly in the match & as soon as you mention something they start raging and getting all defensive & I find it pathetic that you can't go into a match and get kills legit instead of "stacking the deck in your Favour"

Spyce
10-11-2013, 05:18 PM
What if guildies want to 1v1?

I have to disagree.

Derezzzed
10-11-2013, 05:22 PM
What if guildies want to 1v1?

I have to disagree.

Oedid mentioned this before but I'll speak on his behalf and he can correct me if I miss anything

"There should be a new room added to the guild hall that would allow members to settle disputes, 1v1 or just plan go over pvp tactics/strategies, this wouldn't affect KDR to prevent kill farming"

Or they can simply go into TDM to 1v1 (only want it so that guildmates can't do this in CTF) One because of said 1v1s or inner guild battles & Also because of "troll bane" ap/title

Ebezaanec
10-11-2013, 05:43 PM
How about just letting the system choose what team you will join? Solves a majority of the issues here, imo.

Derezzzed
10-11-2013, 05:46 PM
How about just letting the system choose what team you will join. Solves a majority of the issues here, imo.

That'd be a viable option but there could by those rare instances where u still get 4 or 5 on one team and 1,2,3 on the other but I do like your idea

Y O L O
10-11-2013, 05:53 PM
test test

Ebezaanec
10-11-2013, 05:54 PM
That'd be a viable option but there could by those rare instances where u still get 4 or 5 on one team and 1,2,3 on the other but I do like your idea

Yes, I understand that.

There would have to be so many restrictions just to fix everything relating to this. Ironically, those restrictions will probably turn PVP into a overly-regulated tourist attraction.

But, we can take baby steps first... and then maybe.... Neil Armstrong steps ;)

matanofx
10-11-2013, 05:57 PM
I didnt find or came up with a good solution for this problem youre referring to but i definitely understand what youre talking about

When one guild takes one side and 1-2 extra people on the other team the 3 people left cant do anything about it but die or leave

I always leave those ctf rooms but i feel bad for future players who enter that particular room and will be farmed cause they didnt notice 2 of their team mates arent helping at all.

Derezzzed
10-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Yes, I understand that.

There would have to be so many restrictions just to fix everything relating to this. Ironically, those restrictions will probably turn PVP into a overly-regulated tourist attraction.

But, we can take baby steps first... and then maybe.... Neil Armstrong steps ;)

Haha yep :p :)

But something needs to be done :p

Derezzzed
10-11-2013, 05:59 PM
I didnt find or came up with a good solution for this problem youre referring to but i definitely understand what youre talking about

When one guild takes one side and 1-2 extra people on the other team the 3 people left cant do anything about it but die or leave

I always leave those ctf rooms but i feel bad for future players who enter that particular room and will be farmed cause they didnt notice 2 of their team mates arent helping at all.

Same I usally just leave the lobby as soon as I see it but I don't feel I should have to leave just because people wanna cheat for kills

Drearivev
10-11-2013, 06:28 PM
There should just be removing the "Join" button on guild/party/friends list.

Derezzzed
10-11-2013, 06:51 PM
There should just be removing the "Join" button on guild/party/friends list.

That could work but then you'd never be able to get more than 4 mates on one team

Sidenote: wonder why this got moved to the PvP forum if anything shouldn't it be in suggestions and feedback? XD

xXz21
10-11-2013, 07:07 PM
i think sts need to put a ''Guilds war'' for got more fun on the game..

guild wars can be a ''all of ur guild can join'' so can be 30vs30 players or maybe the max slot to join can be a 30.. this is more fun than pvp..

and theys can put a 'Player vs player''

i agree with ur idea because i don't wanna join/left and join/left again to find a match not full..

Drearivev
10-11-2013, 07:28 PM
That could work but then you'd never be able to get more than 4 mates on one team

Sidenote: wonder why this got moved to the PvP forum if anything shouldn't it be in suggestions and feedback? XD
I don't understand your point in this post. You want spotblocking to be stopped, right? Then that idea does help with that. It would be hard to find the exact same game as what your guildmate is in.

Derezzzed
10-11-2013, 07:50 PM
I don't understand your point in this post. You want spotblocking to be stopped, right? Then that idea does help with that. It would be hard to find the exact same game as what your guildmate is in.

Ok here I'll break it down

Red: 5 members of same guild (that's fine) then BLUE 5 members of another guild or complete randoms that's fine

But when there's

Red: 5 members of same guild

Blue: 3 members of another guild & 2 members of the same guild from Red this 2 members won't attack the members on red so the 5 members on Red can gang the 3 members on blue

Since u can only have a party of 4 your idea would make it so that only 4 members of the same guild could join one team that's not what I want, 5 members of a guild can be on red or blue but no other members from that same guild should be allowed to join the opposite team of those 5 guild members

jeringbakar
10-12-2013, 12:01 AM
I play pvp with my low lvl id..I catch some guild that gang one people..and put their other guild member on the opposite team..the guidl member not help member they run off and let their own guild member kill hisbteam member
It happens everyday from Republic of indonesia guild can I report them for cheating pvp game
Coz it happen everyday and I see it myself sorry for my bad English's

jeringbakar
10-12-2013, 12:08 AM
I hope sts see this there is no unfair fight at pvp..guild team join and put their other guild member to opposite team..so theu can kill who are not from their guild or fren pls fix this..I see it a lot pls check this guild republic of indonesia guild they keep cheating pvp gamr

Limsi
10-12-2013, 12:21 AM
In my opinion, as long as one joins a guild - he should adhere to the rules and regulations. If it includes not joining the opposite team during PvP, then so be it. Spot blocking is definitely a different issue here in which I believe ruins the experience.

Soundlesskill
10-12-2013, 07:09 AM
Make it so members of the same guild can only join one team in CTF this isn't just because of kill/flag farming but theres certain guilds *cough* especially one in particular *cough* that will get 5 members on one team & then they will put one or two of their guildmates on the opposite team and those guildmates go afk so that the 5 guildmates on the opposite team can easily 3v5 you, this happens way too often & it makes PVP less enjoyable.

Spotblocking. You a twink?

The only reason this should be implented is because we all hate when it's full tanks team etc.

Maunyabastian
10-16-2013, 04:58 AM
I disagree.
Not to say this is a bad suggestion, but spot blocking is really a necessary in PvP.

Alrisaia
10-16-2013, 08:43 AM
I disagree.
Not to say this is a bad suggestion, but spot blocking is really a necessary in PvP.

Why exactly is spotblocking necessary in pvp?

gison
10-16-2013, 08:53 AM
i think sts need to put a ''Guilds war'' for got more fun on the game..

guild wars can be a ''all of ur guild can join'' so can be 30vs30 players or maybe the max slot to join can be a 30.. this is more fun than pvp..

and theys can put a 'Player vs player''

i agree with ur idea because i don't wanna join/left and join/left again to find a match not full..

30vs30. Laggggg

WoofCookie
10-16-2013, 09:35 AM

My Guild usually don't join on opposing sides;

We have simple rules;

You can fight guildies in battle but not gang on them
IF you don't want to fight your guildies fairly, leave the room

But I know what you mean though.

In those cases just nerf the match. Everybody leave against that guild and just boycot their pvping.

Derezzzed
10-16-2013, 02:15 PM
I disagree.

^what Arlisaia said

But no spotblocking isn't nessecary, you should be able to fight 5v5 and get your kills LEGIT instead of cheating the system and blocking spots

Zeus
10-16-2013, 04:37 PM

It's because he's a twink.

Truly though? People spot block when they know that they aren't good enough to kill you on your own. If they were confident in their own skills, they wouldn't be spot blocked.

To me, I look at it as a compliment that basically says: "Hey me and my entire team suck, so we're going to have to take more spots on your team just so that we can kill you!".

Derezzzed
10-16-2013, 04:46 PM
It's because he's a twink.

Truly though? People spot block when they know that they aren't good enough to kill you on your own. If they were confident in their own skills, they wouldn't be spot blocked.

To me, I look at it as a compliment that basically says: "Hey me and my entire team suck, so we're going to have to take more spots on your team just so that we can kill you!".

LMAO xD but its true, if you have the skills & your so confident that your skills are good you shouldn't have to spotblock

Drearivev
10-16-2013, 05:31 PM
I disagree.
No, it's not.
Spotblocking is just....ugh. I feel like strangling everybody in those lame guilds that do this.

Taejo
10-16-2013, 05:32 PM
How about just letting the system choose what team you will join? Solves a majority of the issues here, imo.

I have agreed with this solution for a long time as well. I once played a game called Crystal Saga (not bad, but way too much of a pay-to-win game) which automatically formed the red and blue teams in PvP. The system worked great, and even larger, hardcore guilds hardly ever complained, but rather just went all out against each other. People seemed more interested in having fun and playing PvP for what it is rather than trying to boost kills/flags. The other aspect of that game's PvP was once you left or AFK'd out (2 min auto-AFK boot), you had a debuff that doesn't let you back in. Many games have that, which I like, but for the most part is not agreed upon in AL's community.

Unfortunately, even this change will only partially fix the problem of kill farming/flag boosting guilds. The issue I observe now days is that a majority of PvPers play under this unwritten rule where you have "fighting" rooms and "flag" rooms. It doesn't matter which side you are on because there is usually a mutual agreement from both sides as soon as the game starts. I don't want to delve into the details of that, so I will jump ahead and say that what really needs to happen is for STS to add a strong, in-depth incentive feature to winning a legit CTF game. There have been several fantastic ideas thrown on the table in this forum, all of which seem to have never been taken seriously.

My guess is CTF is doomed for the time being, which is sad because I would absolutely love to play a real game of CTF, with defenders and offensive maneuvers. This game's CTF is seriously fragmented and lacking - but its mostly our own fault for making it this way. That's why I say add rewards for winning on top of letting the game randomly choose teams. Greed will take precedence and people will play CTF the right way because they want to win.

Derezzzed
10-16-2013, 05:39 PM
No, it's not.
Spotblocking is just....ugh. I feel like strangling everybody in those lame guilds that do this.

You and me both

Derezzzed
10-16-2013, 05:42 PM
I have agreed with this solution for a long time as well. I once played a game called Crystal Saga (not bad, but way too much of a pay-to-win game) which automatically formed the red and blue teams in PvP. The system worked great, and even larger, hardcore guilds hardly ever complained, but rather just went all out against each other. People seemed more interested in having fun and playing PvP for what it is rather than trying to boost kills/flags. The other aspect of that game's PvP was once you left or AFK'd out (2 min auto-AFK boot), you had a debuff that doesn't let you back in. Many games have that, which I like, but for the most part is not agreed upon in AL's community.

Unfortunately, even this change will only partially fix the problem of kill farming/flag boosting guilds. The issue I observe now days is that a majority of PvPers play under this unwritten rule where you have "fighting" rooms and "flag" rooms. It doesn't matter which side you are on because there is usually a mutual agreement from both sides as soon as the game starts. I don't want to delve into the details of that, so I will jump ahead and say that what really needs to happen is for STS to add a strong, in-depth incentive feature to winning a legit CTF game. There have been several fantastic ideas thrown on the table in this forum, all of which seem to have never been taken seriously.

My guess is CTF is doomed for the time being, which is sad because I would absolutely love to play a real game of CTF, with defenders and offensive maneuvers. This game's CTF is seriously fragmented and lacking - but its mostly our own fault for making it this way. That's why I say add rewards for winning on top of letting the game randomly choose teams. Greed will take precedence and people will play CTF the right way because they want to win.

I agree with you but the problem with that even with adding a "reward" system to PVP is that if you let the system pick teams you still can have guildes put on opposite teams, spot blocking, getting easy wins

Only way I see it being able to happen is my original suggestion, guildmates cannot join the opposite team period

Drearivev
10-16-2013, 05:44 PM

Why are 75% of your posts essays? -.-

I read your post. That reward system - it might be what this game needs to have proper CTF games.
I see two possibilities if this was implemented, perhaps more:
1) we will have proper CTF games
2) we will have more flag boosting because everybody just wants to win. So all there'll be is flagging.

Derezzzed
10-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Now that I think about it, would a "vote to kick system" do justice here?

& if so how hard would it be to implement it

Taejo
10-16-2013, 05:52 PM
I agree with you but the problem with that even with adding a "reward" system to PVP is that if you let the system pick teams you still can have guildes put on opposite teams, spot blocking, getting easy wins

Only way I see it being able to happen is my original suggestion, guildmates cannot join the opposite team period

Yes, this is all true. Like I said, we the players are to blame for most of the issues with this game's CTF.

Why are 75% of your posts essays? -.-

Two reasons:

1. I like to fully explain myself or describe in detail what my thoughts are. This leaves less room for misconstrued thoughts or misinterpretation. Having used forums in all the MMORPGs I've played in the past, this is the writing style I've found to be most effective.

2. I like to write, as 95% my RL job incorporates detailed writing. It doesn't take me very long to throw all my thoughts down into a single post.

However, I do have a tendency to be repetitive and vague at times - probably due to English being my second language. Maybe that's why some of my posts get stretched out to great lengths. Sorry if you don't like reading them :) I can post in Korean if you'd like, they'd be much shorter!

wowdah
10-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Whats happens in pvp stays in pvp is a good rule

Drearivev
10-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Now that I think about it, would a "vote to kick system" do justice here?

& if so how hard would it be to implement it
I don't know, reward system or disabling to choose your team is probably the best idea yet. Maybe removing the Join button too would do some good. No joining from friends list, guild list, or party tab.

Yes, this is all true. Like I said, we the players are to blame for most of the issues with this game's CTF.

Two reasons:

1. I like to fully explain myself or describe in detail what my thoughts are. This leaves less room for misconstrued thoughts or misinterpretation. Having used forums in all the MMORPGs I've played in the past, this is the writing style I've found to be most effective.

2. I like to write, as 95% my RL job incorporates detailed writing. It doesn't take me very long to throw all my thoughts down into a single post.

However, I do have a tendency to be repetitive and vague at times - probably due to English being my second language. Maybe that's why some of my posts get stretched out to great lengths. Sorry if you don't like reading them :) I can post in Korean if you'd like, they'd be much shorter!
Lol k.

Whats happens in pvp stays in pvp is a good rule
So it's completely fine to have people flag boost? ._. CTF is pretty ruined though. That's why I stick to TDM.