PDA

View Full Version : 71 Mage?

Spyce
10-12-2013, 07:16 AM
Anyone help with 71 mage?

Set, Build, Combos?

Trenton
10-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Depends on what you're wanting to do, as being a pally and being a Sharp pure nuke mage give way different builds, and different playing options.

Spyce
10-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Depends on what you're wanting to do, as being a pally and being a Sharp pure nuke mage give way different builds, and different playing options.

Goddess/Sharp?

IGN Storm
10-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Goddess/Sharp?

In my eyes there are only three viable sets at 71 for mages:Beastly,SandGoddess, and Sharp.

Sharp is pure damage, survivability is around that of a crafted lilith mage.

Beastly is more focused on survivability, tons of armor and dodge (My rec)

Goddess is somewhat a mix of the two. Armor and dodge is between sharp and beastly. Skill damage suffers quite a bit compared to Sharp but still has more than beastly.

Int Build: Full int
9 Bom
9 Bov
7 Heal (Last time I checked, more heal than 8 or 9 heal)
9 MS(40 armor if you're wondering)
9 Weakness (Only way you might beat bears)
1 Icestorm
1 Rev
6 Drain
6 Lightning
6 Frostbite
7 Fire

Beastly build: 148 Str(I think), enough dex for 100 hit% rest Int
9 Bov
9 Bom
1 MS (You wont be shielding much)
7 Heal
9 Weakness
9 Nightmare
6 Lightning
6 Drain
6 Frost
6 Fire
1 Rev
1 Icestorm

To be successful with this build, you need to be able to time heal after hit debuffs.

Sheugokin
10-12-2013, 03:17 PM
I think 9 heal is still better though, just my opinion.

Trenton
10-12-2013, 04:11 PM
I'd say start with beastly or goddess, and "work your way up to" sharp.

Everyone'sFavMage
10-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Beastly is not great for Mage. I'd reccomend crusher set for the hit %

programmed
10-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Beastly is not great for Mage. I'd reccomend crusher set for the hit %

Yea, I've seen only one beastly mage a while back and they got pwned by crusher sets.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Trenton
10-12-2013, 04:21 PM
In my eyes there are only three viable sets at 71 for mages:Beastly,SandGoddess, and Sharp.

Sharp is pure damage, survivability is around that of a crafted lilith mage.

Beastly is more focused on survivability, tons of armor and dodge (My rec)

Goddess is somewhat a mix of the two. Armor and dodge is between sharp and beastly. Skill damage suffers quite a bit compared to Sharp but still has more than beastly.

Int Build: Full int
9 Bom
9 Bov
7 Heal
1 MS
9 Weakness (Only way you might beat bears)
1 Icestorm
1 Rev
9 Drain
9 Lightning
9 Frostbite
6 Fire
Fixed :P I believe that 9 lightning and 9 Frost to go along with the 9 Weakness are alot better with destroying any str character. The debuffs are crazy, so take advantage of that. 9 Drain, while that may not be a necessity, it's op and killing birds and mages is alot easier.

Everyone'sFavMage
10-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Fixed :P I believe that 9 lightning and 9 Frost to go along with the 9 Weakness are alot better with destroying any str character. The debuffs are crazy, so take advantage of that. 9 Drain, while that may not be a necessity, it's op and killing birds and mages is alot easier.
9 light and ice is crucial for killing str. Ur right.

Membership
10-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Goddess is good if you can kite and you can late ms, Sharp is just early ms and hope for a nuke, beastly mages are fun, either int str and never ms for drained mana and op heals will keep you full, dex str won't keep you alive to long with horrible heals, but the extra hit can nuke faster, late ms half way through when close to dieing, wouldn't do pally if you havnt got a d ring, and crusher Pallys are horrible, the dmg and low crit and dmg nerf, doesn't do anything to bears, with goddess late ms and heal after hs and hope it nukes, beastly mages time drain to keep full, keep kiting with fire frost, run in for lightning and weakness and only heal after hs,
Goddess build
9 frost
7 fire
9 drain
9 lightning
9 buffs
7 heal
9 ms ( 335 armor buffed with blessing and ms, no ring)
1 rev
1 ice storm

Beastly pally build
9 frost
7 fire
7 heal
9 lightning
8 drain
9 buffs
1 ice storm
1 rev
1 ms