View Full Version : What if PVP could make you Money?

WoofCookie
10-13-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm sure there are plenty of you who play this game for PVP mostly. PVP can be costly especially if you are running around with a top level pet and stand hours in clashes. We also have plenty of rooms where we have 1v1s going on and some annoying flagger nerfs the room by ending it.

Now I know that there has been suggestions for '1v1 Dueling Pits' but what if we could add an additional option to the duel. It would be very simple to implement but then again I'm no coder so I wouldn't know.

On you character you should have a "Challenge to Duel" option. When someone clicks this a message will be prompted that says "You have been challenged to a duel, do you accept?" You can click "Yes" or "Decline". IF Yes then another menu is prompted providing a few options;

Friendly
Wager

Both players would need to agree on the option for the battle to start. IF both players select friendly, then it will just be a basic 1v1 battle. When 1 player dies a menu is prompted asking to "Rematch". Once again both players would need to opt in to rematch.

If players select "Wager" then there should be a few options as well;

$1000 GPS
$2000 GPS
$5000 GPS
$10000 GPS

There could be a possibility for Item wagers but this might cause way too much grief. IF a wager option is selected "The best out of 3" wins the money. The winner at the end of the match will have whatever the amount was deposited into his/her account.

This way if you go and battle the dueling pits an hour or so you can rake in some decent cash which would be spent on getting some more gear. A quicker more profitable way to farm for money.

I don't know, maybe this could work...what do you think?

Zeus
10-13-2013, 11:32 AM
I'd love a wager system, honestly. There should be a max amount one can wager that isn't too costly, that way players can't complain about a loss of huge money.

gison
10-14-2013, 01:54 AM
Rich player who thinks he's pro: I bet my 10m(ez win)
Pro-broke player who used all his money on a set: Deal.
Rich player who thinks he's pro: DAMMIT I lost.

Happened to me :p

Tbh, I would love to see this implemented in-game. Makes pvp exciting and not repetitive.

Drearivev
10-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Isn't GPS used irl? o.o

I would like this, but I'd always do a friendly match :p

Derezzzed
10-14-2013, 09:35 PM
Could do a waeger system & also a token system based on wins (say 200 pvp wins for a new pet) & these pets would have pvp related stats/buffs

Make a "all class pet" for 100-150 tokens

& class specific pets for 200tokens each

Taejo
10-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Neat idea. Not to get off topic, but I've always liked the honor badge system from WoW where you buy equipment and combat pots. Would be nice to see that as well. Right now, there's no payout from PvP except bragging rights (and for some people, ego boosting). Not to say there necessarily has to be payout, but it keeps your fans interested for sure.

Back on topic, this wager system idea would be interesting.

Zeus
10-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Neat idea. Not to get off topic, but I've always liked the honor badge system from WoW where you buy equipment and combat pots. Would be nice to see that as well. Right now, there's no payout from PvP except bragging rights (and for some people, ego boosting). Not to say there necessarily has to be payout, but it keeps your fans interested for sure.

Back on topic, this wager system idea would be interesting.

Pls, I need to boost my ego as I get bullied irl or I don't make enough irl to compensate. Pls pls pls!

Taejo
10-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Pls, I need to boost my ego as I get bullied irl or I don't make enough irl to compensate. Pls pls pls!

Pfft. That's what beer is for :)

Instanthumor
10-14-2013, 11:19 PM
What's beer?

#Soju

Promagin
10-15-2013, 01:37 AM
To me, this idea looks like you took it right from runescape.

katish
10-15-2013, 07:55 AM
Who cares where he got the idea from ? I like it ;)

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

Roberto077
10-15-2013, 08:02 AM
To me, this idea looks like you took it right from runescape.

Well Runescape is a horrible, horrorible game, so taking ideas is alright on my book.

WoofCookie
10-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Could do a waeger system & also a token system based on wins (say 200 pvp wins for a new pet) & these pets would have pvp related stats/buffs

Nice! I would love to see that too!

Derezzzed
10-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Nice! I would love to see that too!

Thnx ^^

Ebezaanec
10-15-2013, 06:57 PM

Not saying that I am one of the people who complain later on... but there are and always will be some players who will complain that a certain class will have an advantage over other classes when it comes to PVP wins.

I wouldn't really mind about this, but some people will...

xXz21
10-15-2013, 09:17 PM
i agree this is a good idea. but i sincerely think sts don't take this ideas.. maybe but idk.

Maunyabastian
10-16-2013, 05:11 AM
I have no idea to agree or not. I... I just... I just forgot what to say.

Farhazard
10-16-2013, 05:13 AM
This is good for some rich player,but the poor will not do that.

Pleasedontcry
10-16-2013, 05:19 AM
I would be have the midas touch title by now...

SayCreed
10-16-2013, 06:59 AM
I would Be richer than stg

WoofCookie
10-16-2013, 09:26 AM
This is good for some rich player,but the poor will not do that.

Potentially, however if two people of lets say 100k each were to duke it out with pure pinks...well then you have an even match. People would be able to battle people of their level and if they don't want to bet they can do a friendly to practice.

Poorer people will not bet in the beginning thats true, but let the person win a few rounds and make a quick 5 or 10k then that person will be hooked.

The dynamics would be simple;

Farm to PVP
if GOOD (winning)
PVP for Money
if BAD (losing)
Farm to PVP

The good thing would be you could practice 1v1 for free and when you are ready to move this to the next level, start by small wagers of 1000 gps or so and work ur way up.
Some people are good pvpers regardless of gear. IF they find people that are at the same 'gear level' as they are they could easily bank.

And in terms of 'Where I got the Idea from'

I got the idea originally from the Dueling pits in Ultima Online however added the wagering system because here a lot of people always say "Wanna bet!"
In Ultima Online all you had to do was type "I wish to Duel" and you could select the player, you'd be instantly teleported to the Dueling Pits.

But in Ultima there were only like 8-9 pits, so if they all were occupied you couldn't duel until they are free. I would not do this on AL however, I'd make it a 1v1 room. Still would be good to be able to have spectators though and the way you'd do that is by creating X amount of rooms to fight in. Still, I don't know if the people at STS is paying attention to this...if they were to do this I'm sure that the entire PVP section of Arcane Legends would be greatly appreciative of their actions.

I have seen a lot of other ideas in PVP I love but think won't happen due to the cross platform game, mobile users can't 'yet' enjoy massive battles since it will freeze up. That makes Guild wars difficult. However 1v1s should not do anything to make their games any slower.

Anyhoo, thanks all for the input. If you have some more ideas or other crap you'd like to add to this idea...by all means drop them here on the thread.

Lazarvs
10-18-2013, 02:07 AM
This would make more players get involved in pvp :D

ipredator
10-28-2013, 12:13 PM
great idea.. coz personally i've wasted around 1m feeding pets, good way to keep up.. and a great system with fun and fairness

SayCreed
10-28-2013, 04:36 PM
I changing my post I be richer than jay

WoofCookie
10-29-2013, 10:55 PM
Oh me 2!
great idea.. coz personally i've wasted around 1m feeding pets, good way to keep up.. and a great system with fun and fairness

Kostral
10-30-2013, 02:43 AM
i love UO since 1997 and the systems that they developed..

+1 then me to

Soundlesskill
10-31-2013, 01:28 AM
Or or or they could just make pets gain happiness bonus evey time you get a kill or score a flag..

WoofCookie
11-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Hell yes xD
i love UO since 1997 and the systems that they developed..

+1 then me to

WoofCookie
11-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Great idea xD

inkredible
11-06-2013, 03:57 PM
arab. aka pred will be rich and he will get me samael

dumb_troll
11-06-2013, 04:28 PM
@Woofcookie. One thing to say: whats the problem with those who capture flags? I mean thats the point in that tipe of pvp battle. What if they want to increase skill points ,get into the top ,get banner or even for fun? Once, i tried to capture flags and all of the team insulted me for that... :(

PS: your idea of 1vs1 pvp battle is awesome! I hope it will be implemented one day! :thumbup: :D

PS-2: uhm... and sorry if i have some grammatical mistakes :o

Sent from my GT-S6500D using Tapatalk 2

WoofCookie
11-07-2013, 09:24 PM
@Woofcookie. One thing to say: whats the problem with those who capture flags? I mean thats the point in that tipe of pvp battle. What if they want to increase skill points ,get into the top ,get banner or even for fun? Once, i tried to capture flags and all of the team insulted me for that... :(

PS: your idea of 1vs1 pvp battle is awesome! I hope it will be implemented one day! :thumbup: :D

PS-2: uhm... and sorry if i have some grammatical mistakes :o

Sent from my GT-S6500D using Tapatalk 2

I agree with you, flagging is part of CTF but some people get angry when you kill them while flagging.

So I believe maybe make a pure PVP room as was suggested by someone else....either way PVP is still pretty fun but flagging can cause issues.

1v1 is my dream! IF that could happen I'm sure many people will be happy. A new division of PVP would occur. I think this would increase everybody's approval of PVP in general.

Frohnatur
11-09-2013, 01:30 AM
I like it. :)

Eski
11-09-2013, 01:44 AM
I think a better idea is a bet system where players can set amounts of gold ...

Jantroy
11-09-2013, 01:48 AM
Liked this idea very much :) , +1

WoofCookie
11-09-2013, 11:51 AM
I think a better idea is a bet system where players can set amounts of gold ...

I was thinking about that as well but I thought about all the grief it would cause. The 1v1 system would need to be flawless to not have people go Ape over losing 100k or 1 mil. I personally wouldn't bet more than 10k at a time since I can afford losing 10k, even 100k I could afford but I'm too cheap to throw that on a pvp contest. I'd rather battle 10 times over to get a mil if I'm good. Less risk in losing, and a steady way you can make money.

In most cases I don't think people would bet over 5k anyway. Low players would bet 1k, medium players 5k and ppl withj money 10k easily.

The option to put down a Wager could also be implemented just for those crazy enough to spend 1mil on a battle. I don't care if they call me a chicken...I'd never do it. 10k however would make my day. I would battle all day and rake in a few hundred K per day. or Lose but I'd have fun either way xD

Eski
11-09-2013, 12:27 PM
I was thinking about that as well but I thought about all the grief it would cause. The 1v1 system would need to be flawless to not have people go Ape over losing 100k or 1 mil. I personally wouldn't bet more than 10k at a time since I can afford losing 10k, even 100k I could afford but I'm too cheap to throw that on a pvp contest. I'd rather battle 10 times over to get a mil if I'm good. Less risk in losing, and a steady way you can make money.

In most cases I don't think people would bet over 5k anyway. Low players would bet 1k, medium players 5k and ppl withj money 10k easily.

The option to put down a Wager could also be implemented just for those crazy enough to spend 1mil on a battle. I don't care if they call me a chicken...I'd never do it. 10k however would make my day. I would battle all day and rake in a few hundred K per day. or Lose but I'd have fun either way xD
I mean if there is a overview with all pvp fighters and u can bet the score or who win ,and if 100people set 5 k its 500k ,so? And i think if people like jexetta or paulsebi would be in there ,the people would st 10-20k ..
I still think its a good way to make gold
(Excuse my english)

WoofCookie
11-10-2013, 01:53 PM
I mean if there is a overview with all pvp fighters and u can bet the score or who win ,and if 100people set 5 k its 500k ,so? And i think if people like jexetta or paulsebi would be in there ,the people would st 10-20k ..
I still think its a good way to make gold
(Excuse my english)

Yes, I would rather then place it on LB as opposed to PVP. Leaderboard bets could be seasonal pots. Like the lottery in AL...I see where you're going though xD.

Cero
11-10-2013, 02:33 PM
supported!

Lazarvs
11-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Bump!

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

Sky_is_epicgearz
11-12-2013, 04:03 PM
If this ever came out (I hope it does btw) they can make achievements for it xD like 'win 100k from duels' etc personally I would love to challenge a friend for a duel without having to tell everyone in ctf that all I want is to 1v1 my friend -.-
Ps great idea

ReligionIsABarrier
11-17-2013, 03:58 PM
I sayyyyyy

+1

Youngmurda
11-23-2013, 09:30 AM

Yes but it's simple. Don't bet what you can't afford to lose. I'd like this idea if u can set the amount of gold you'd like to wager. It's fair for everyone this way. Rich players not going to want to always bet 10k. Maybe one round they wanna do 500k or something. But anyways. I like the overall idea ;)

Zynzyn
01-05-2014, 03:08 AM
If sts ever implements a dueling arena, the winner could be given 1 hauntlet coin per 3 matches won, for example. Since there is a new system now to earn more story tokens but there is none yet for hauntlet coins, this would be a nice incentive.