PDA

View Full Version : Level 15 mage help

Imnotsrry
10-13-2013, 04:37 PM
i am new to this type of pvp. I am currently struggling with it and i need help. I'm not looking for a kiting mage, but a tank. Please help,ty.

Trenton
10-13-2013, 04:43 PM
The only way to really do good at 15 is a kite build, as they have no buffs.

IGN Storm
10-13-2013, 04:50 PM
^^^That. But the ability to tank sure makes kiting easier.

Imnotsrry
10-13-2013, 04:55 PM
ok can you guys please help me with a kite build?

IGN Storm
10-13-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm going to tell you ahead of time to not expect to beat rhinos.

Build: 5 Fire 2 Drain 3 Lightning 1 Frost 3 Heal (Going off the top of my head)
Stats: Full Int, lvl 10.Int pack helm, Alch/Sor Robe, Lvl15 Paw/Toyman, Lvl15 Fiendish Doll/Bracer

Kite with Ice/Fire, try to combo, go im with occasional lightning, Heal+Drain when neccessary. Simple

Spyce
10-13-2013, 05:14 PM
I'm going to tell you ahead of time to not expect to beat rhinos.

Build: 5 Fire 2 Drain 3 Lightning 1 Frost 3 Heal (Going off the top of my head)
Stats: Full Int, lvl 10.Int pack helm, Alch/Sor Robe, Lvl15 Paw/Toyman, Lvl15 Fiendish Doll/Bracer

Kite with Ice/Fire, try to combo, go im with occasional lightning, Heal+Drain when neccessary. Simple

No, just no.

Artisan/Expert, L.10 Archer 4-Pack, Enough Dex for the Helm

Imnotsrry
10-13-2013, 05:23 PM
thanks guys!

programmed
10-13-2013, 05:25 PM
It's been a long time but I used: 4 heal, 5 fire, 3 drain, 1 frost, 1 lightning.

Stat points: 22 int and the rest dex

In order the skills were used: Stay at 12m and Fire, frost, get to around 8m (is light 8 or 6 idk its been a while) and use lightning, at the same time keep using heal and drain when it's needed.

Items: L15 toyman wand, l15 paw, or l10 candle wand with a l10 plat pack helm and wing dex) and l15 experts/l5 alchemist armor. Expert is the regular armor and alchemist is for mana regen. Another way I used alchemist is against non-nuke build mages, I used alchemist so I always had full mana while they run out. Another weapon is the l15 0.9 speed chunker if you want higher range.

Tips: stay as far from your enemy as possible (preferably 12m-8m) at all times. Watch out for nuke mages; a good nuke mage will kill you fast. Careful for XBOW bears and chunkers because they can't be kited. Forgotten bows at low levels like 15 have hard damage still but are easily kited when you know your ranges. If you are like me and don't like using the op Halloween/forgotten, then use a chunker anyways against forgotten bow bears; they are also op and you want as high range as you can get against them.

Hope this is somewhat helpful!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

programmed
10-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Aw I was beaten to it, i took too long writing it :( . Evil storm!

IGN Storm
10-13-2013, 05:36 PM
No, just no.

Artisan/Expert, L.10 Archer 4-Pack, Enough Dex for the Helm

M/S is even more important post-nerf. Int boosts skill damage, heal, and M/S, much more useful than the slight hit% and crit Exp/Art gives

programmed
10-13-2013, 05:41 PM
M/S is even more important post-nerf. Int boosts skill damage, heal, and M/S, much more useful than the slight hit% and crit Exp/Art gives

It also causes you to die faster and have lower armor. The higher crit and hit will allow more damage at a faster rate. With alchemist I used it more when I needed mana or against other kite build mages. When used against other kiting mages you hardly take any mana loss while they run out, then you can come in, equip expert, and quickly kill them.

Spyce
10-13-2013, 05:57 PM

He asked for a kite/nuke build.

With alch, you die WAY easier.

programmed
10-13-2013, 05:59 PM

Actually he said kite if you read post number 4. But yes, you do die WAY easier.

IGN Storm
10-13-2013, 06:25 PM

Please explain to me how having 1 less armor than Expert makes you die WAY easier. Not to mention being full int boosts Drain and Heal power to increase survivability.

Also explain to me how the 6% or so crit from expert or 7% hit from artisan is better for nuking than the 3% Crit and 6% Hit from Alch. I hate reeating myself but full int has MORE skill damage.

Sorry if I sound harsh but I really don't see where you're coming from.

Vertibrate
10-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Oh my dear lord... K for starters. You cannot kite vs rhino/fox/mage mainly cos u will verging on zero dmg. U shud try a 6 light and higher heal build for example. 3 heal 6 light 1 frost 1 fire 3 drain. This works very well u shudnearly always wear artisan and armour ring but on the off occasion against certain mages u may need dps ring. Im not going to tell u the combo otherwise u will get bored instantly. I suggest making a newb alt finding out all the combos etc. and then creating ur other, this way (ik its bad but) people won't think your a noob have fun at mage just don't give up is my advise also to try as many combos as u can to work out the underlying principals of low lvl mage atm.

- Invertibrate

IGN Storm
10-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Oh my dear lord... K for starters. You cannot kite vs rhino/fox/mage mainly cos u will verging on zero dmg. U shud try a 6 light and higher heal build for example. 3 heal 6 light 1 frost 1 fire 3 drain. This works very well u shudnearly always wear artisan and armour ring but on the off occasion against certain mages u may need dps ring. Im not going to tell u the combo otherwise u will get bored instantly. I suggest making a newb alt finding out all the combos etc. and then creating ur other, this way (ik its bad but) people won't think your a noob have fun at mage just don't give up is my advise also to try as many combos as u can to work out the underlying principals of low lvl mage atm.

- Invertibrate

How do you kite with 1 Fire?

programmed
10-14-2013, 06:53 PM
How do you kite with 1 Fire?

He said its a nuke build?

IGN Storm
10-14-2013, 06:58 PM
He said its a nuke build?

Imnotsrry wanted a kte build. Also, bears will kill you long before you kill them with the "nuke" build