PDA

View Full Version : ::: PET CHANGES AND IMPROVMENTS ::: Suggestions and Feedback ::: Share!!!

Deadroth
10-14-2013, 02:36 PM
Hi guys, As You may know. Al is full of awesome, and less awesome pets. This thread is about that second ones.
If You feel, that the look of pet isn't as it should, it attack is too weak, or too strong or You would like to see that pet in new style,
or diffrent bonuses from it's happines or arcane ability. Share! This is the right place!

I have some suggestions, which will be added :)

NOTE: This is thread about pets, what already exist in AL, not about that, which MAY exist.

~ Misty changes: cooldown
~ Demondogs changes: fixing DMG (they are worth 85-90 plat, and 100 k roughly.. Cmon...)
~ Samael changes: look

Haligali
10-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Misty cooldown too long.

Taejo
10-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Misty cooldown too long.

This.

Crowsfoot
10-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Pets that are useless: dauphin and chase.

1) Dauphin: His heal=nothing, and his happiness bonus has no affect when you are attacking or being attacked.

Add +15 int or str to his happiness bonus and he's fixed. At least then noob (in the literal sense, not the over used insult it has become) mages can benefit from him.

2) Chase: 1% damage reduction is like giving army soldiers bubble wrap as armor. He's weaker than the starter pets!

At least 2% damage reduction and +10str its he weakest tanking pet but at least noobs (again, not as an insult) can benefit.

Pets that are hard to get, but don't reflect it: grave and konga

1) Grave: movement speed reduction is too small an area and his happiness bonus is extremely weak. He has base int so we kno he is a mage pet, but, lets be honest, frost is stronger.

Increase area of his speed reduction and add a chance to stun so he can compete at all with frost. Make his happiness bonus +15% (even +10% is better) crit, remove dodge bonus, and change his int boost to +15 base stat.
* now he is a pet for chasing down runners in PvP, and for dealing crits more often in elite.

2) Konga: lowest mana regain of any mana pet, and mid range of hp return.

Increase his mana or hp return, I don't care which. But if he is a "support pet" he better heal more than one ss and 0.2 seconds of battle.

Ebezaanec
10-14-2013, 03:22 PM

1) Dauphin: His heal=nothing, and his happiness bonus has no affect when you are attacking or being attacked.

Add +15 int or str to his happiness bonus and he's fixed. At least then noob (in the literal sense, not the over used insult it has become) mages can benefit from him.

2) Chase: 1% damage reduction is like giving army soldiers bubble wrap as armor. He's weaker than the starter pets!

At least 2% damage reduction and +10str its he weakest tanking pet but at least noobs (again, not as an insult) can benefit.

1) <brb checking exact stats>

Actually the correct term for mmos would be "newb" which basically means an inexperienced but "willing-to-learn" player.

"Noob" is more like the lazy and inexperienced player.

Only problem is that people love using them interchangeably...

Crowsfoot
10-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Actually the correct term for mmos would be "newb" which basically means an inexperienced but "willing-to-learn" player.

"Noob" is more like the lazy and inexperienced player.

Only problem is that people love using them interchangeably...

No, the problem is that when I say "newb" people always quote my text and tell me I spelled "noob" wrong. Aparently people also get anoyed when I give in to the majority.

Why not comment on what people actually wrote instead of being blinded by misused English?
I'm not using phonetic or improper verb tense. That should be good enough for people to understand my point.

Ebezaanec
10-14-2013, 04:05 PM
No, the problem is that when I say "newb" people always quote my text and tell me I spelled "noob" wrong. Aparently people also get anoyed when I give in to the majority.

Why not comment on what people actually wrote instead of being blinded by misused English?
I'm not using phonetic or improper verb tense. That should be good enough for people to understand my point.

Take a chill pill.. These are forums which are used for friendly exchanges of ideas and communication... No need to get so frustrated...

Back to the OP:

Snaggletooth & Wrathjaw: Considering these are legendary pets... They have a very weak damage and critical stat compared to other pets like Ribbit.

*Note Wrathjaw is very similar to Snaggletooth in damage, but I have not had Wrathjaw leveled to 35*

Maybe Devs can slightly buff them?

EDIT (For Deadroth): Maybe the Devs can properly and appropiately buff them to their true glory? ;)

Crowsfoot
10-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Agreed on wrath and snag. It is time to fix them.

Taejo
10-14-2013, 06:24 PM

1) Grave: movement speed reduction is too small an area and his happiness bonus is extremely weak. He has base int so we kno he is a mage pet, but, lets be honest, frost is stronger.

Increase area of his speed reduction and add a chance to stun so he can compete at all with frost. Make his happiness bonus +15% (even +10% is better) crit, remove dodge bonus, and change his int boost to +15 base stat.
* now he is a pet for chasing down runners in PvP, and for dealing crits more often in elite.

Increase his mana or hp return, I don't care which. But if he is a "support pet" he better heal more than one ss and 0.2 seconds of battle.

Agreed with your assessments of both pets. Valkin is the first elite campaign-type pet that is actually worth pursuing because he is very useful.

I'd also like to see the changes that I suggested awhile back made to Aspen (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?110578-Improvement-Request-Aspen&highlight=aspen). This is a great pet but his arcane ability falls short of what it should be. Increase the duration of the buff to 5 seconds, and increase the range to make him comparable to this new pet, Ewen, which not everyone can/wants to spend 90 plat on. It's always good to have an alternative for players to choose from.

OT: Having played MMORPGs since their birth, "newb", "newbie", "n00b", "noob", "noobie" have always had the same definitions - they're just silly spelling variations which took flight in MMORPG pioneer games such Ultima Online and EverQuest 1. Today's modern, mobile and internationally-spread gaming community is changing the word's definition from "new player" to a derogatory term - no matter how you spell it. Soon, only oldschool gamers will understand when someone is using the word in the context of a new player.

Crowsfoot
10-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Sorry mate. I think aspen is fine the way he is. As a pet that drops in a regular map (an extremely low level map at that) he shouldn't be all that powerful.

A solution is to add a new pet with a 15% damage (buff or built in skill) that is on a much rarer (and hence stronger) pet.

Taejo
10-14-2013, 08:42 PM
My chief complaint is the range of his buff. It is just as bad as Colton's, making the buff especially useless to soloing sorcerers or group members who aren't near Aspen. Its not a powerful enough stat buff to become OP if they just widen the range at least.

They upgraded Koko's range when I complained about it... why not Aspen :)

Deadroth
10-15-2013, 08:56 AM
Take a chill pill.. These are forums which are used for friendly exchanges of ideas and communication... No need to get so frustrated...

Back to the OP:

Snaggletooth & Wrathjaw: Considering these are legendary pets... They have a very weak damage and critical stat compared to other pets like Ribbit.

*Note Wrathjaw is very similar to Snaggletooth in damage, but I have not had Wrathjaw leveled to 35*

Maybe Devs can slightly buff them?

Yes. not slightly. But we want to make their DMG output SAME as legendary pets. Cuz their 'rarity' is legendary.

Deadroth
10-15-2013, 12:03 PM
Also. Here is my suggestion bout samael. His stats are.. Amazing, it is truly good anihilation pet... And here is the problem... His 'viking' helm is 'burning' whole 'skeleton-ghost' aura.. So.. I would suggest to make him more scarier... And take off that helm.. Maybe the armor too..

Here is me 'first-hand' sketch.. I will improve it when i find time. I wanted to say, the sam would look better with his own horns, than wid viking helm... Idk.. Add horns from myth helm to him. Also.. It would look cooler with 'raged robe' or 'naked' that wid that battleplate..

This is my thoughts. What You guys think?

Ikik.. But this is only attemp XD

Ebezaanec
10-15-2013, 09:23 PM
^^ Maybe like this? :D

Otawaazavie
10-16-2013, 04:48 AM
Misty cooldown too long.

I totally agree. Misty needs at least to have the cd of curse to be playable since it has one of the worst happiness bonuses and passive abilities. The only reason someone would summon Misty would be to remove debuffs.

Soundlesskill
10-16-2013, 04:56 AM

You sure his damage reduction doesn't get higher when lvling? - I know for a fact Orion had 50% Damage reduction when lvl31.

Yes, but it's also the only pet that gives both mana and HP

Deadroth
10-16-2013, 06:12 AM
^^ Maybe like this? :D

Could You add it one more time bro? Cuz i don't see it, and i really want to XD

Ebezaanec
10-16-2013, 07:23 AM
Could You add it one more time bro? Cuz i don't see it, and i really want to XD

Ok, I think it should be there now.. Not sure why it was invalid

Deadroth
10-16-2013, 07:34 AM
Ok, I think it should be there now.. Not sure why it was invalid

Too much work for STS designers bud. But still not soo bad as currently samael is.. It could be too much of details.. And of animations..

Here is my proposition :)

Ofc my xero did bad job, cuz it copied only main 'lines' of samael, anyway, i will share :)

It is easy, scary, and powerful lookin pet :)

IDK how about You guys, but i veeeery don't like that viking helm and 'piece of plate'

Deadroth
10-17-2013, 07:18 AM
Updated the suggestions in OP.

Kakashis
10-18-2013, 11:36 PM
Yes I agree that samael definitely needs a look upgrade! Abaddon and Grimm look way cooler. Most don't even notice samael when he's in the group. Needs blue flames or something.

Deadroth
10-19-2013, 05:32 AM
Yes I agree that samael definitely needs a look upgrade! Abaddon and Grimm look way cooler. Most don't even notice samael when he's in the group. Needs blue flames or something.

Yeah! Exactly! Make him truly looking powerful, and mighty! Not only 'cheaper' version of mythic pet.. HJ and Glacian looks truly awesome, why Sam need to look soo badly near them? Don't tell me Devs there is price of Stats, cuz it is Arcane Pet, and this is really expensive one.

Please hear of our suggestion about it.

I will make another sketch as soon as i will find time..

Regards
Deadroth

Kakashis
10-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Yeah! Exactly! Make him truly looking powerful, and mighty! Not only 'cheaper' version of mythic pet.. HJ and Glacian looks truly awesome, why Sam need to look soo badly near them? Don't tell me Devs there is price of Stats, cuz it is Arcane Pet, and this is really expensive one.

Please hear of our suggestion about it.

I will make another sketch as soon as i will find time..

Regards
Deadroth

I'll agree to this :) It would have been cool if there were some purple orbs rotating like the mage arcane weapon around Sam as it's still Shuyal. I complain, but the Stats are very awesome. Just wish that Sam wasn't the base "bare bones" template of the other 2 mythic pets which both look better! Here's to hoping for a "skin" buff

Deadroth
10-19-2013, 07:30 AM
I'll agree to this :) It would have been cool if there were some purple orbs rotating like the mage arcane weapon around Sam as it's still Shuyal. I complain, but the Stats are very awesome. Just wish that Sam wasn't the base "bare bones" template of the other 2 mythic pets which both look better! Here's to hoping for a "skin" buff

I am hoping to make truly scary skeleton wid awesome magic effects on it.. AND please get that ugly viking helm out of Sam, and add his natural, majestic horns. Make his eyes fiery (maybe), and get out that piece of plat on it.. Sam is ghost (ungh.. better skeleton) And dead one wont die once more. So why it should have plate to defend? Better add something like raged robe of archwarlord or archmage. I will do sketch of example ones soon.

Kakashis
10-19-2013, 03:37 PM
I am hoping to make truly scary skeleton wid awesome magic effects on it.. AND please get that ugly viking helm out of Sam, and add his natural, majestic horns. Make his eyes fiery (maybe), and get out that piece of plat on it.. Sam is ghost (ungh.. better skeleton) And dead one wont die once more. So why it should have plate to defend? Better add something like raged robe of archwarlord or archmage. I will do sketch of example ones soon.

Yeah, I hope devs see this and takes it into consideration! Right now he's the the best of the 3, but the worst looking of all the arcane and mythic pets lol

Deadroth
10-21-2013, 04:45 AM
Yeah, I hope devs see this and takes it into consideration! Right now he's the the best of the 3, but the worst looking of all the arcane and mythic pets lol

Yes. Exactly. Glacian animations and look are defeating Sammys onw by knockout.. Same HJ leaps up...

Sexun Buzz
11-09-2013, 09:47 PM
... i notice wrathjaw arcane ability like nothing .. its like using wrathjaw just for hapiness bonus.. arcane skills sucks .. really need to buffs a legendary pet

Haligali
11-12-2013, 06:23 AM
Still resummon misty..

Sorcerie
11-12-2013, 02:44 PM
For the upgraded of Samael, why not just do a pallate swap? So instead of the silver and gold armor, why not make the gold parts purple? Cause lets face it, Sam is definitely a sorc pet and it would go perfectly with the arcane staff/full mythic set in that color scheme.

Just sayin!~ xD

Sibayjing
11-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Malison too, 90 plats and coast 100k or less