PDA

View Full Version : Rushing? Thoughts?

angeldawn
10-14-2013, 03:00 PM
So recently I have been called a rusher.

I get a PM from a friend saying 'help getting teamed'. I join, watch and see 3 ppl attacking my friend. I say 'no teaming'. They continue and I jump in to help a friend.

I am then call a rusher and told I'm hunted.

I do not consider this rushing. I consider it balancing the teams and helping someone in need.

What are your thoughts? Is my logic wrong? Is this Rushing?

Elitephonix
10-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Literally 1/5 of the threads in the pvp discussion are about this subject. Tbh who cares if your called a rusher. As long as you kill them, you'll win.

angeldawn
10-14-2013, 03:08 PM
If 1/5 PVP threads are about this... Sorry I never read them.

I really don't care what ppl think. I was asking more for a discussion because the more that I think about it. I can see it either way.

If you don't want to give your opinion or comment in a constructive way. Feel free to not post anything.

Elitephonix
10-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Ok lemme answer your question then :) You did rush. Well define rush first.

Trenton
10-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Stop posting.^ @Angel, you're not really considered a rusher. They're just considered immature kids who dunno how to look at logic the right way. They're "rushing," yet they call you the rusher, so they're rushing the rusher, making them rushers. Rushception. Tbh don't worry about it, everyone's gotta cry about something(not talking about you xD)

CrimsonTider
10-14-2013, 03:23 PM
You are an adult playing a game dominated (in numbers, not brains) by kids. You know how many times I've been told this and the person(s) saying this don't even recognize me the next day?

Honestly, those who know you know who you really are. Let the rest rage over their pixels.

Zeus
10-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Names in PM please, I'd like to show them what a true rusher is. :)

angeldawn
10-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Thanks guys you make me smile :D

Like I said I could almost see it either way.

I don't care really care if ppl call me rusher because I'm helping a friend. :)

Reunegade
10-14-2013, 04:12 PM
It's not bad being a rusher. You should ignore them and be proud for helping a friend. :)

programmed
10-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Rushing? Whats rushing? What happened to FFA?

The way i see it, You didn't rush, you helped a friend out. I do it all the time and I honestly don't care what they call me because it means nothing trying to upset someone through a bunch of pixels. You helped a friend out who asked you for it and they were the rushers who thought hey look out team is full and he is all alone.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Cheenivie
10-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Please Angel you didn't do anything wrong you didn't team, you didn't trash talk you just helped a friend and you should be proud of that

Trenton
10-14-2013, 04:41 PM
It's not bad being a rusher. You should ignore them and be proud for helping a friend. :) get better grades or get out nub

Everyone'sFavMage
10-14-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm with Apollo, names please and known alts. Ill farm them from lvl 35-76 ;D

Griffinfan
10-14-2013, 05:01 PM
There is no such thing as rushing by definition that is in the game.

Rushing is completely made up by those who pvp, and IMO is ridiculous. I only use the "Go" system because people cry way to much when you don't.

In reality though, rushing is the way pvp was made to be.

Besides, I have never had someone successfully "Hunt" me, it is literally impossible for them to know every time you log in to come and "ruin" your KDR.

CrimsonTider
10-14-2013, 05:12 PM
There is no such thing as rushing by definition that is in the game.

Rushing is completely made up by those who pvp, and IMO is ridiculous. I only use the "Go" system because people cry way to much when you don't.

In reality though, rushing is the way pvp was made to be.

Besides, I have never had someone successfully "Hunt" me, it is literally impossible for them to know every time you log in to come and "ruin" your KDR.

It is impossible for someone to ruin my kdr. I do that on my own. ;)

MightyMicah
10-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Age old topic deserves age old thread. Plus I'm too lazy to write a response :P
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?73035-To-rush-or-not-to-rush-(An-exhaustive-examination-of-the-infamous-concept-of-rushin&highlight=MightyMicah+rush

Shilooo
10-14-2013, 06:09 PM
It's all a matter of opinion. Help friends the rest doesn't matter.

Extreme
10-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Thanks guys you make me smile :D

Like I said I could almost see it either way.

I don't care really care if ppl call me rusher because I'm helping a friend. :)

Pm me when ever ;)

programmed
10-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Age old topic deserves age old thread. Plus I'm too lazy to write a response :P
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?73035-To-rush-or-not-to-rush-(An-exhaustive-examination-of-the-infamous-concept-of-rushin&highlight=MightyMicah+rush

You're too lazy to type a response but you can take the time to search the thread, open the thread, copy the link, go back and open this thread, type what you did, and then paste the link? :D

CrimsonTider
10-14-2013, 06:35 PM
You're too lazy to type a response but you can take the time to search the thread, open the thread, copy the link, go back and open this thread, type what you did, and then paste the link? :D

It is his thread. Doesn't take too long to find.

programmed
10-14-2013, 06:36 PM
It is his thread. Doesn't take too long to find.

Nvm then. Maybe I should actually click the link first next time :\

saool
10-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Angel you know it's unfair to be teamed, I do the same thing you do. Then after they say "hunted" I usually respond with good for you. The thing is I don't much care, and I'm sure you don't either about KDR and are only there to have fun, and help out a friend. Love you! Diamond says hi btw :D

So you haven't done anything wrong IMO keep on PvP'ing

MightyMicah
10-14-2013, 06:44 PM

You may have noticed that my responses on contraversial topics tend to be somewhat long-winded. :P The link would have been quicker...In any event, as Crim pointed out, it is my thread after all.

Promagin
10-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Cry.

MightyMicah
10-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Cry.

This attitude has never helped anyone or solved anything. Please do not create needless drama.

programmed
10-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Cry.

OK! :( :( :( Cry moar plz Scary :( :(

XghostzX
10-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Pfft, Angel, just because someone calls you a rusher doesn't mean it's a bad thing! :)

I've been "rushing" a lot because I can't stand the 1v1 stuff.

I know you're a sensitive person Angel (in a good way, of course), and you're a very loving person who likes to be cared for in game. So I could see how being called a "rusher" is not really your thing.

For me, I couldn't care less. They'll only call you a rusher if you're winning the majority of the time, anyway. PvP was always meant to FFA, but has some how drastically evolved to this 1v1 nonsense (it's not like there's a 1v1 map or anything...)... just like us humans have evolved to life with technology. We would be a mess without it; seems that players are a mess nowadays if there are too many rushers.

angeldawn
10-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Sorry guys looks like I must not have communicated the post well.

I wasn't crying, whining, looking for praise, saying rushing is bad or being sensitive etc. I don't care about being called a rusher. Being a female on PL I'm called much much worse.

I was at the nail salon and bored and looking for a conversation such as

Since go games and the term 'rushing' has been adopted by PL, wether we like it or not, and rushing is defined by most as, some who attacks without the opponent saying go, then what I did by the PL general definition is 'rushing'

I prefer FFA. I choose not to randomly rush, not because I'm afraid of being called a rusher, but because I care about other ppls feelings. Everyone plays this game for a reason. It seems like a lot of kids play to escape bad things in their life (being bullied, bad home life, not accepted irl etc.) 'Rushing' is taken as a negative and personal attack. Why would I want to make someone feel negativity on top of what they have going on irl? But this is just me.

Thanks everyone for posting.

Everyone'sFavMage
10-15-2013, 10:44 AM

I wasn't crying, whining, looking for praise, saying rushing is bad or being sensitive etc. I don't care about being called a rusher. Being a female on PL I'm called much much worse.

Since go games and the term 'rushing' has been adopted by PL, wether we like it or not, and rushing is defined by most as, some who attacks without the opponent saying go, then what I did by the PL general definition is 'rushing'

I prefer FFA. I choose not to randomly rush, not because I'm afraid of being called a rusher, but because I care about other ppls feelings. Everyone plays this game for a reason. It seems like a lot of kids play to escape bad things in their life (being bullied, bad home life, not accepted irl etc.) 'Rushing' is taken as a negative and personal attack. Why would I want to make someone feel negativity on top of what they have going on irl? But this is just me.

<3 I love you.

Roberto077
10-15-2013, 11:08 AM
Being called a rusher is being called a person. Being told "your" hunted is the being told "imma gunna waste the next few hours of my life."

Caiahar
10-15-2013, 12:07 PM

The one bolded is just what I do.

There's only one person who actually "hunted" me before, he was at 35-40 pvp with fb, but then after fb nerf and such I admit, I farmed hi. With a gardening reaper hoe and he quit PL cuz he couldn't be OP anymore >:P

I don't think any of my chars have a positive kdr ^-^

All for one, and one for all.

Sit
10-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Angel, it was rushing. It was completely justified rushing, maybe, but it was rushing. Rushing is just a term created to define uncalled fights that are not considered FFA. To maintain some type of order the community decided long ago to label everything. That falls under the rushing label. Perhaps whoever you helped had just teamed one of them 3v1, you don't know. It's impossible to keep up with all that so your best bet is to not care and kill them anyway.

Caiahar
10-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Angel, it was rushing. It was completely justified rushing, maybe, but it was rushing. Rushing is just a term created to define uncalled fights that are not considered FFA. To maintain some type of order the community decided long ago to label everything. That falls under the rushing label. Perhaps whoever you helped had just teamed one of them 3v1, you don't know. It's impossible to keep up with all that so your best bet is to not care and kill them anyway.
It is also teaming against angel.
2Vs3 isnt FFA nor rushing, its teaming.

And rushing basically means you want to do ffa..unless youre "hunting" someone.

Foreverloveus
10-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Cry.

Don't cry lol

Somenub
10-17-2013, 06:50 AM
Rushing means to attack someone unbuff but anyways apparently you join a pvp game for a reason to fight not sit there and talk so they look at you and say wtf is this? and just attack some people just stay in games holding spots chatting... once you enter a pvp game beware and ready to fight don't just sit there...

Pvpandctf
10-17-2013, 08:36 AM
So recently I have been called a rusher.

I get a PM from a friend saying 'help getting teamed'. I join, watch and see 3 ppl attacking my friend. I say 'no teaming'. They continue and I jump in to help a friend.

I am then call a rusher and told I'm hunted.

I do not consider this rushing. I consider it balancing the teams and helping someone in need.

What are your thoughts? Is my logic wrong? Is this Rushing?

Honey you wanna help a friend only you not rusher <3 Never Give up!!!

Y O L O
10-17-2013, 08:41 PM
Names in PM please, I'd like to show them what a true rusher is. :)

//_ (()) //_

killinclaw
10-17-2013, 09:18 PM
You're just helping a friend, Angel, that's all. I get rushed too. Today i was just sitting there waiting for a game, a bird comes in and says "rush" and attacks me lol. Of course I kill him but just thought it was hilarious how he announced it then got killed, lol. Pm me if you want his name.

The Sadness
10-19-2013, 02:54 AM
You know I got your back.

Reunegade
10-19-2013, 08:10 AM
You don't know I got your front.

IGN Storm
10-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Let me clear things up:

Rushing: Killing someone without their consent, or if they didnt say "go". So if someone rushes you, you technically are rushing back unless they wanted you to fight back.

Teaming: When a greater quantity of players are using skills(Healing and Debuffs only count too) against a smaller group of players. Considered rushing the majority of the time unless the person being ganged up against agreed to one 2v1 fight.

FFA-Free-For-All, do what ever you'd like, most people fight. Not rushing since when you join a FFA game, you either agree and stay or disagree and leave. IMO, when you join a FFA game and noone says FFA before you are killled, you did not assent with FFA, and therefore it is considered rushing. Note that sitting is not a rule, just a manner. So in some cases teaming=FFA since everyone is doing whatever they like. If the person doesn't like this type of FFA, he can just leave. Killing someone who is sitting though, is rushing

So I can think of 2 scenarios:
a) This is a FFA game where your friend needed help against teamers. You are not rushing but participating in FFA..
B) Your friend is genuinely being rushed/teamed. The other side did not agree to you fighting so yes you are rushing. But for a good cause

Either way, you weren't doing anything morally wrong or anything against TOS. FYI IRL, watching someone get killed without helping to the extent of your abilities is considered second degree murder.

ultimaga95
10-19-2013, 11:20 AM
I have been called a rusher and hunted a few times. Personally I think when someone teams or rushes and then cries that they got teamed or rush it just gets rediculous.

bglir
10-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Angel i have been in same situation as you are, i always help a friend in need if they got teamed, its a hard choice to make, but people take things way to personally, l was even threatened sexual harassment by a friend which i help my friend got teamed by him, lmao , just relax and don't think it to much angel, if you got hunted you still have friends that will help you out, after a month or two they soon will get over it.

My advice to you angel if they trash talk and threatened you, just say i'm sexy and i know it, talk to the hand........... (hehe i made it specially for you sweet cakes)

angeldawn
10-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Lol love u Bg
<3

Sheugokin
10-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Bglir is hilarious! Talk to the hand.....

Multibird
10-20-2013, 07:07 PM
LOL angel, if you do get hunted, I'm here for you :)

MightyMicah
10-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Angel i have been in same situation as you are, i always help a friend in need if they got teamed, its a hard choice to make, but people take things way to personally, l was even threatened sexual harassment by a friend which i help my friend got teamed by him, lmao , just relax and don't think it to much angel, if you got hunted you still have friends that will help you out, after a month or two they soon will get over it.

My advice to you angel if they trash talk and threatened you, just say i'm sexy and i know it, talk to the hand........... (hehe i made it specially for you sweet cakes)

Lol...Yeah I love it when I help out a friend and they do that. Then I don't feel so guilty and I aquire a new farm. ;)

Rakka
11-05-2013, 11:23 PM
rusher is some people cant fight so they rush to win the battle. coz they really nub to fight. evry one can win without good skill cast magic , set stat, n good gear. just doing rush in arena, be winner. but im not rusher im not nub im fighter. Pocket Legend im the legend will clear rusher.....

Pvpandctf
11-05-2013, 11:46 PM
rusher is some people cant fight so they rush to win the battle. coz they really nub to fight. evry one can win without good skill cast magic , set stat, n good gear. just doing rush in arena, be winner. but im not rusher im not nub im fighter. Pocket Legend im the legend will clear rusher.....
Oh pro there!

Promagin
11-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Oh pro there!
I'm here!

bglir
11-06-2013, 12:12 AM

Reading makes me even more squishy im a noob and I always rushes in ctf and need my team of pro nubs to help me rush too ^.^

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Pvpandctf
11-06-2013, 12:18 AM
Reading makes me even more squishy im a noob and I always rushes in ctf and need my team of pro nubs to help me rush too ^.^

Can I join!? :)

bglir
11-06-2013, 12:19 AM
I'm here!

You all nubs I'm telling cloudwater to teach you all a lessons how to be pro pvp, Die and feel the wrath of cloudwater

Pvpandctf
11-06-2013, 12:24 AM
I'm a fan of Cloudwater!

imxoriginal
11-06-2013, 07:06 AM
Haha foreverlovesu at least he didn't boost for his kd pro

Cheenivie
11-06-2013, 07:26 AM

#ownt.

Pvpandctf
11-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Did I say he boost kd?

Yus.

~Forever

Sheugokin
11-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Tank, u teaching people how to boost?

Not surprised. LOL JK! U pro, no need to boost! :)

imxoriginal
11-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Haha yeah that probably came across wrong, I meant what it means really not how to do it

Sheugokin
11-06-2013, 05:50 PM
IDC if u boost or not, u still pro.

Bow down to the Second GOD!

imxoriginal
11-06-2013, 09:10 PM
IDC if u boost or not, u still pro.

Bow down to the Second GOD!
Yeah this is the legit kd :D

bglir
11-06-2013, 10:49 PM
I boost my kdr im a Pro nub

Bow down to the third GOD!

Pvpandctf
11-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Haha you're calling him out for his kd, when you have No room to talk with your fake one... Don't even respond because I won't.
-have a nice day
LOL Please do not put your ideas together with other people who like the idea of ​​your made it and talk to other people that they are the ones that do it.

Pvpandctf
11-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Not sure what you were asking in the second portion of your response, which had nothing to do with you so your overall post was completely irrelevant.
Sorry for double,

All of this, you should back to your own question of what is portion of your response which had nothing with you, I have to post about Cloudwater.

Xyzther
11-07-2013, 07:12 AM
You all nubs I'm telling cloudwater to teach you all a lessons how to be pro pvp, Die and feel the wrath of cloudwater

Llllllllll

Cheenivie
11-07-2013, 08:17 AM
LOL Please do not put your ideas together with other people who like the idea of ​​your made it and talk to other people that they are the ones that do it.

wasn't your kd 8k:10k at the end of last cap? Now what is it 80k:50k bs please

Pvpandctf
11-07-2013, 12:35 PM
wasn't your kd 8k:10k at the end of last cap? Now what is it 80k:50k bs please

You have to say it came out all wrong. All this is distilled out of your mind only ask?, because if you see it with your eyes, then you would not have asked it out of your mouth rot.

SayCreed
11-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Why don't we just stfu before delph comes in and locks this

Sheugokin
11-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Why don't we just stfu before delph comes in and locks this

Agreed. It doesn't matter who boosts, or who doesn't. Those who boost will lose their flame quite fast. Those who don't and gradually work up to that point (Tank, Cheenivie, YwforPlaying, etc) will be revered. I personally look at a person's skill, not their KDR. Just because someone has a Negative KDR mean absolutely nothing. I am less than 100 kills away to have a 1:1 ratio. I was negative all along because of introduction to PvP. Now I fully grasp the concept and gradually doing better. In fact, I go more by the amount of combined deaths/ kills because most likely, those who have a lot of combined kills/ deaths have more experience. Just my opinion! :)
Good day:)

Sheugokin
11-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Yeah this is the legit kd :D

Too pro. Period. End of story. Get outta my sight.

JK! I need you around to kick unreasonable spawners'/rushers' butts!

Peanutbritle
11-07-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm a fan of Cloudwater!

Dem stats gotta be PRO LOL

Shilooo
11-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Dem stats gotta be PRO LOL

Say what you want. He never complains or rage quits...... A real trooper!

Sheugokin
11-07-2013, 08:18 PM
^ Note the sarcasm!

MightyMicah
11-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Dear developers,

Please lock this ridiculous, ongoing thread which will ultimately solve nothing and make people ticked at each other.

Sincerely,
MightyMicah

Caiahar
11-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Dear developers,

Please lock this ridiculous, ongoing thread which will ultimately solve nothing and make people ticked at each other.

Sincerely,
MightyMicah
THANKS for saying that!! NOT SARCASM.
And by the way rushed...mind your language around here.
"Wt*" "Gt*o" "St*u" This language is not needed. You could argue in a more civil manner. I know many people who argue like that, and even in a calm manner.
No need to say all those stuff, regardless if the person you are talking to is making you angry or not. Calm down..and eat a mango if possible ;)
Mangos are very calming ;)

Delphina
11-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Yep time to lock this thread up.