PDA

View Full Version : How many xp per kill ?

Erebu
10-15-2013, 02:07 PM
So i was wondering what someone said about xp, is it true that is only 1 xp per mob ?

This is just a doubt, please i did not find the response anywhere, if you know please answer me, Thank you.

Skeletonlord
10-15-2013, 02:15 PM
So i was wondering what someone said about xp, is it true that is only 1 xp per mob ?

This is just a doubt, please i did not find the response anywhere, if you know please answer me, Thank you.

Hey,

To my knowledge, One XP a kill is without an elixir.

With elixirs, the XP per kill goes up. You can get experience enhancers so each kill will give you additional XP.

Hope that helps!

Heroelite
10-15-2013, 02:21 PM
xp varies based on the level you are and the level the mob is. Look at the color the orb is next to their health (could be green blue red grey white yellow). I'm not sure about the exact xp you get as I have not pve'd in so long... but white = 1xp per kill yellow is more than 1xp and red gives more than yellow. So if the mobs you are facing are higher level than you are, you will get more xp. Other colors can give less than 1xp like blue. I'm not sure but i think green and grey is no xp. And ya xp elixirs also increase the xp you get.

Fusionstrike
10-15-2013, 03:19 PM
I can confirm everything Heroelite said is correct. I wish I knew the exact numbers for red, yellow as to how much more than 1 they are, and the value below 1 for blue, for that matter. I'm sure some forumer knows the answer and will hopefully chime in.

One thing I would add is the color rating changes sometimes depending on how many are in your party, the more the higher it goes. So sometimes you'll see mobs at white that go up to yellow when more people join (or the reverse when they leave). I've never quite nailed this down as to how many people you need to see it change.

Anyway, it's definitely to your advantage to fight yellow or red mobs whenever you can.

Suentous PO
10-15-2013, 03:46 PM
An old post I found that's prolly right on.

green - no xp. blue - 0.5 xp per kill (i believe). gray - normal xp (1 xp). yellow - 1.25 xp per kill (i believe). red - 1.5 xp per kill (again, i believe)

DocDoBig
10-15-2013, 04:41 PM
I have never seen a green or blue mob, I think.

Edit: In FH is every mob, including the boss, grey for me.

Suentous PO
10-15-2013, 06:47 PM
I have never seen a green or blue mob, I think.

Edit: In FH is every mob, including the boss, grey for me.

Only time I remember seeing that was when I was making zero stat toons in low lev maps. Like a 70 in sandstone, so not only was it 50 levels too high I was also playing a capped toon there at the same time so the level discrepancy was huge. Maybe they changed it while back, or it's only visable when a toon IS getting xp (by xp anywhere elixir in that case).
R. I. P. Cobear the 1st - (%#*^!'n sand traps x.x)
Long live Stephen the 2nd

Edit- just poped an xp anywhere lix, ran through low lev maps, Docs right, they only went as low as grey. Guess it changed.

Heroelite
10-15-2013, 07:31 PM
I think grey is when you are 10 levels higher than the mob you are facing and green is 6-10 not sure though. example of blue threat level would be like level 30 in fathom. Also the map you are on in that campaign affects the threat level. The level of mobs increase as the dungeons progress in that campaign. Like you might be facing blue mob in map 1 of a campaign but white in map 5 for example.

Suentous PO
10-15-2013, 07:41 PM
I think grey is when you are 10 levels higher than the mob you are facing and green is 6-10 not sure though. example of blue threat level would be like level 30 in fathom. Also the map you are on in that campaign affects the threat level. The level of mobs increase as the dungeons progress in that campaign. Like you might be facing blue mob in map 1 of a campaign but white in map 5 for example.

Try to see if you can get a blue or green at all, I couldent.
I think it's changed.

CrimsonTider
10-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Best way to test is to start a new toon and not have any level "inappropriate" toons around. Pay attention to the threat levels as you come close to not gaining Xp. (for example, level 12 in FH)

Heroelite
10-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Try to see if you can get a blue or green at all, I couldent.
I think it's changed.

What I said was probably inaccurate anyways as it was just off the top of my head and I haven't pve'd in a long time. Ill try this friday though when I can play.

ThePvpTwink
10-15-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm not too sure on it either but I thought it was
Grey - no xp, mob 10+ lv below you
Green - no xp
Blue - .66 xp, mob 3-5 lv below you
White - 1 xp, mob same level as you
Yellow - 1.25 xp, 3-5 levels above you
Red - 1.5 xp, mob 5 or 10 levels above you...

Erebu
10-16-2013, 01:21 AM
And with more players together more xp too ?

Skeletonlord
10-16-2013, 02:28 AM
And with more players together more xp too ?

Yup, I believe so. You'll kill faster so your XP should go up quicker if that's what you mean.

Galaxy
10-16-2013, 07:31 AM
Skel, it also increases the actual EXP given, I believe.

Skeletonlord
10-16-2013, 08:36 AM
Skel, it also increases the actual EXP given, I believe.

Yes. That's what I meant. There must be a group bonus or something.

Fusionstrike
10-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Yes. That's what I meant. There must be a group bonus or something.

There is some kind of bonus with more party members, as I mentioned. Not sure the specifics but I definitely saw it happen on a recent new toon I've been leveling. I also saw blue mobs when I was leveling in AO3 Victory Lap at the last level that gives XP there (55?).

DocDoBig
10-18-2013, 03:11 PM
I've been always living with the thoughts that a full party gives you 30% more XP.
That's why I haven't booted someone in forever and why I am telling all my party mates to not boot people because of that reason.