PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Glaive Proc

Solid
10-15-2013, 06:16 PM
The Glaive's proc can be classified as Overpowered.

Basically, a Glaive turns a warrior, a WARRIOR- into a ROUGE/TANK hybrid.

The Glaive proc allows users to crit and hit like a rogue, it is very visible in 1v1s, Tanks with Glaives', not rogues hit 1k-1.7k on rogues.

Mauls crit 500-800. -35m
Glaives crit 1k-1.7k -12m

Opinions?

Hinataa
10-15-2013, 06:24 PM
So true...this needs to be fixed

ipredator
10-15-2013, 06:29 PM
agreed.. see a glaive on proc ?? RUN !..

hakoom7
10-15-2013, 06:29 PM
I just saw mauler and a glave user doing 1v1 without heal and he won easly once he proc, and i honestly scare face tanks with glaive if they proc they crit so hard and have 1k armor so no matter what u do they will smash u

xXz21
10-15-2013, 06:31 PM
i think is just. bcus rogue can shot more critic so why warriors no??

sorc can shot too i think is good for warrios..

hakoom7
10-15-2013, 06:35 PM
Would u like it if mages and rouges got 5k hp and 2k armor ? I would solo pvp if i get to have that and have super dmg and crit.

wowdah
10-15-2013, 06:35 PM
yah wtf this proc bs. sry had to

Solid
10-15-2013, 06:37 PM
How about ,
Rogues be rogues
Sorcs be sorcs
And
Warriors be WARRIORS

:)

xXz21
10-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Would u like it if mages and rouges got 5k hp and 2k armor ? I would solo pvp if i get to have that and have super dmg and crit.

a rogue can kill me very fast 1v1 pvp LOL bcus my dmg sucks. so why warrior need have very low dmg?

rogue can kill me very fast and i can't bcus i have armor 1800 (that does not help me on pvp) and 5.5k hp and a rogue shot me 2,5k critic first skill and now only need shot me 1 skill more or 2 and i die..

sure OP rogue and sorc but war need be a sucks character all the time because is a ''TANK'' but a sucks tank bcus die very very fast.

ipredator
10-15-2013, 06:40 PM
i've seen many maul vs glaive.. with same spec and gear, the glaive win with ease.. even if the maul procs

Ebezaanec
10-15-2013, 06:46 PM
Maul hits slowly and is therefore unable to compete against the Glaive because the Glaive has a highly advantageous proc as well as higher weapon speed.

hakoom7
10-15-2013, 06:53 PM
a rogue can kill me very fast 1v1 pvp LOL bcus my dmg sucks. so why warrior need have very low dmg?

rogue can kill me very fast and i can't bcus i have armor 1800 (that does not help me on pvp) and 5.5k hp and a rogue shot me 2,5k critic first skill and now only need shot me 1 skill more or 2 and i die..

sure OP rogue and sorc but war need be a sucks character all the time because is a ''TANK'' but a sucks tank bcus die very very fast.
That doesnt even make since, it depends on ur skills mostly and yes rouge can hit 2.5k with crit but u can heal, tanks heal add shield and heal over time can get u back to 100% in 3 seconds while mages heal once and rouges run to packs. U have amazing heal, mages have amazing mana and rouges has amazing crit, thats how it is, i mean whats next? Rouge bow that procs and give 1k mana? Would u like that?

xXz21
10-15-2013, 07:03 PM
That doesnt even make since, it depends on ur skills mostly and yes rouge can hit 2.5k with crit but u can heal, tanks heal add shield and heal over time can get u back to 100% in 3 seconds while mages heal once and rouges run to packs. U have amazing heal, mages have amazing mana and rouges has amazing crit, thats how it is, i mean whats next? Rouge bow that procs and give 1k mana? Would u like that?

what are u talking? i can heal me for 6 sec after i heal a rogue can kill me fast.. all the games the war is a dps and tank.. this game the tank sucks. so tank need pay overpriced items (just check the price for mytic for sorc/rogue and tank) and make a character thats sucks bcus a rogue with same items like me kill me very fast.

i have all my skills good all 5/5 and my passive too..

i have mytic set/items and i shot 500 critic YEAH cheers!! the warrior shot 500-800 critic!! my sorc lv 31 can shot more than my warrior my sorc lv 31 with a bad legendary items shot 1k-1.5k critic and my warrior with mytic shot 500-800 yeah!

just OP rogue/sorc whatever.

Azepeiete
10-15-2013, 07:16 PM
It's a good thing I don't pvp anymore It seems.

Zeus
10-15-2013, 07:30 PM
With good tanks like Overheard, I can't even get to my 2nd round of packs.... His damage is gnarly.

aarrgggggg
10-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Another thread complaining about how some class or weapon is op. Same story different thread..... Have a nice day :)

hakoom7
10-15-2013, 07:56 PM
what are u talking? i can heal me for 6 sec after i heal a rogue can kill me fast.. all the games the war is a dps and tank.. this game the tank sucks. so tank need pay overpriced items (just check the price for mytic for sorc/rogue and tank) and make a character thats sucks bcus a rogue with same items like me kill me very fast.

i have mytic set/items and i shot 500 critic YEAH cheers!! the warrior shot 500-800 critic!! my sorc lv 31 can shot more than my warrior my sorc lv 31 with a bad legendary items shot 1k-1.5k critic and my warrior with mytic shot 500-800 yeah!

U cant really compare a sorc crit lv31 with tank crit lv36 u cant even compare them in same lv u might have attacked someone lv31 with bad gear and crit 1.3k while in ur tank attacked fully mythic geared and crit 500, btw 500 isnt bad, and for prices thats for us to control not sts, for example staff wa s15m while glaiv was 9-11m now its the opposite

xXz21
10-15-2013, 08:10 PM
U cant really compare a sorc crit lv31 with tank crit lv36 u cant even compare them in same lv u might have attacked someone lv31 with bad gear and crit 1.3k while in ur tank attacked fully mythic geared and crit 500, btw 500 isnt bad, and for prices thats for us to control not sts, for example staff wa s15m while glaiv was 9-11m now its the opposite

i'm talking about pve LOL and my sorc shot more on pve is obviusly on lv 36 with same gears shot more than my warrior..

Crowsfoot
10-15-2013, 08:36 PM
1) glaive does not crit that high (i have one, that is rediculous what you are claiming). I crit 972 tops on a charged ss w/ vb in full affect and my +35 str proc activated.

2) you probably see those red/white/yellow letters and assumed it was a crit. This (if you read it) is pierce. Pierce is when I deal damage based on armor, this usually deals 1007 to a rouge in PvP (this was an average. The range I used was 872-1113).

3) pierce is random, when it is my basic attack it is 347 damage.

4) my highest damage from a single attack was a pierce AND crit ss that dealt 1700+ on elite inan'hesh. This was in a party using 2 Samuels, a hammerjaw, and a glacian. I had the benefits of my proc and glacians ability. Therefore was pushing 2700 armor when pierce (which is based on armor) was calculated and I also crit. The odds of this happening are very slim.

---

This season:

1) the strongest rouge weapon is mythic. Thus, there damage and dps have been lower in ratio than the previous two seasons.

2) warriors have a proper mythic weapon. The vigilanties passive was a pure armor weapon and was useless for landing kills in PvP.

3) as we know from the first addition of mythic (the helm) warrior were instantly a bigger threat in PvP as there armor spiked farther (ratio wise) away from any other maxed class when compared to previous seasons as well as the damage and dps gap (ratio wise) was shortened.

3b) in the nordr expansion warriors became even more threatening due to the mythic armor being added but due to a useless mythic weapon for PvP, you needed a maul to compete with the power of a mythic bow.

3c) this season we have 2 mythic items as it was last season, but they are both capped. This means the dps/damage gap had been decreased there and the armor gap increased (again ratio wise).

4) mages have recieved the unfortunate upgrade of a crit class. This is amazing for elite where you can clear mobs MUCH faster however you are still just as squishy in PvP (honestly an armor scale increase in PvP would have benefited this class more). Due to warriors dealing more damage and having more armor we are arguabley OP I fight that mages are UP (under powered).

Recap: it is the perfect storm. Rouges are crippled by an arcane weapon that hurts their stats, mages lack armor to survive at all, warriors had every benefit given.

---

What will/should happen:

1) Mages need more armor, issue is their crit is so powerful that if you make them to durable they kill everyone. It is a game of numbers between heal's cool down, shield's cool down, durability, and damage output.

2) rouges are getting a new arcane wepon next season (at least everyone assumes this). This means the class that has in the past been the most OP (anyone remember season 2 PvP?) In PvP will have its day in the sun. If they get a bow we are all destined to die, and warriors and mages will complain (as usual). There will be no heat change and rouges will dominate PvP all season.

3) if no new myth helm or armor comes out next season (many asume there won't be) warriors will lose there armor gap and have the damage/dps gap increased (sucks for us but is expected).

Recap: I believe every class gets there "OP" season. It has been the norm of this game and sts always fixes it if there is an issue of an OP class (season 2 PvP). The only class to really get screwed is mages. With the best mage arcane pet ever, a new arcane staff, and a beefing of warrior heal I would have thought this season would be theirs, alas they are still the weakest class in PvP, which is not right IMO. If any change should be done the mage class should have its PvP scaling final resolved so they are both killable but able to win 1v1 when in the top gear (I saw a Pro mage with the best gear and samuel almost lose to a warrior using an entombed hammer using jack. I slaughtered this mage using a glaive and hammerjaw, and I believe if the previous warrior had used hammerjaw over jack he would have won as well [since I know for a fact he uses my build]. This is outrageous; arcane should beat legendary, no matter what the class).

falmear
10-15-2013, 08:37 PM
http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/459

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/image/459

Taejo
10-15-2013, 08:45 PM
@ thread OP: Glaive is not OP. The pierce proc is completely random and the window of opportunity to optimally utilize it's buff is quicker than the blink of an eye. Not to mention if any of your skills are on cool down when it procs, its definitely not as useful. Pierce proc is not a source of consistent damage output, especially when compared to a maul. The maul proc is much easier to take advantage of and kill things with.

@ Crow: Nice post. Your section 2, #2 comment - you think they will repeat the separate arcane releases? That would be the stupidest mistake in the history of online games, in my opinion. L41 cap should have 3 new arcanes for all classes at the same exact time in order to not repeat the history that has unfolded with AL.

@ falmear: That is hilarious :)

Zeus
10-15-2013, 08:53 PM
http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/459

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/image/459

I love you.

drawfflerz
10-15-2013, 09:51 PM

The Glaive proc allows users to crit and hit like a rogue, it is very visible in 1v1s, Tanks with Glaives', not rogues hit 1k-1.7k on rogues.

Mauls crit 500-800. -35m

Opinions?

my opinion, drop the price for maul to 12m too. ;D

Crowsfoot
10-15-2013, 11:12 PM
my opinion, drop the price for maul to 12m too. ;D

Perfect! XD

xcainnblecterx
10-16-2013, 01:10 AM

Id say your build is bad then. All skills being 5/5 is useless except passives and even on my l35 warrio i can crit 500-700 max with very horrible gear, i mean entombed hammer of security poor. The other problem is if you're using mythic weapon and shield of course your damage is low, its meant to be a tank weapon

xXz21
10-16-2013, 01:37 AM
Id say your build is bad then. All skills being 5/5 is useless except passives and even on my l35 warrio i can crit 500-700 max with very horrible gear, i mean entombed hammer of security poor. The other problem is if you're using mythic weapon and shield of course your damage is low, its meant to be a tank weapon

i'm talking 500-700 critic PVP not PVE on PVE i acn shot 1,5k critic perfectly..

and no i don't have a mytic shield.. and sure i have my skills active 5/5 and my passive str 5/5 int 5/5 dex 5/5 and i think is very very good build. i see most warrios have this build. and i try with another i think this is perflectly i don't need 5% speed..

and i don't need 5% dmg bcus have no diference..

5% armor i don't need i have 1800 armor..

just the critic i think is good but 5% is low and i have ribbit for that LOL..

Frohnatur
10-16-2013, 01:47 AM
I think its balanced. Sure, Warriors have a good chance of killing now, but sorcerers do too, after the buff of the mythic gun. And I always felt sad for warriors that they are such an important factor in pvp AND pve, but nevertheless got much less kills than the dmg-dealers. You can see the balance at pvp in the fact that no single-char team is able to overrule a good mixed team. Previous it had been the rogues who dominated the scene, thats not the case anymore. Have a good glaive warrior and he will cut those rogues down so the mages and and rogues are able deal serious damage before they got one-shot.

I was for a long time a hard critic about pvp and the rogue-dominance, but right now I think it is fair. I am not full mythic, dont have arcane weapon or pet and I am still able to get serious numbers of kills or defend myself against a glaive if its nessecary. All I have to make sure of is not getting near an enemy glaive, cause thats, yes, thats going to kill me pretty quick. But at least this is a question of skill and not just gear anymore.

I think I would not happy to see any class getting a serious bump right now. Of course every mage would be happy to get more armor, but that would throw the balance again out of level and then you have again one complaint-thread after the next.

So I'm in for the idea to release the next arcane/mythic items for all classes unisono, not just for one class.

Joncheese
10-16-2013, 02:41 AM
Really interesting thread guys.

Rather than jump on a particular side here i can see the arguments from both perspectives. I'm a mage and i am fully geared, im a general PVP noob but i am getting better everyday.

Recap: I believe every class gets there "OP" season. It has been the norm of this game and sts always fixes it if there is an issue of an OP class (season 2 PvP). The only class to really get screwed is mages. With the best mage arcane pet ever, a new arcane staff, and a beefing of warrior heal I would have thought this season would be theirs, alas they are still the weakest class in PvP, which is not right IMO. If any change should be done the mage class should have its PvP scaling final resolved so they are both killable but able to win 1v1 when in the top gear (I saw a Pro mage with the best gear and samuel almost lose to a warrior using an entombed hammer using jack. I slaughtered this mage using a glaive and hammerjaw, and I believe if the previous warrior had used hammerjaw over jack he would have won as well [since I know for a fact he uses my build]. This is outrageous; arcane should beat legendary, no matter what the class).

This mage was Emma i think correct? And the mage you spoke of was me? Im not affraid to admit that either lol. I went 1v1 vs crow (knowing full well i would lose btw, im under no illusion that a decent warrior player should win in PVP everytime) and i think i got him to 31%? is that right bro? Purely because of my lightning crit which luckily proc'd for me. Pure luck.

Im on the fence here, yes i think the Glaive Proc is too powerful, but only because my armor is so terrible, and yes only because Rogues OP (justified in my opinion as they SHOULD have powerful one shot kills.... what else have they got?) is not as great as it should be. It's a matter of time if you ask me, next arcane weapon is looming, and its Rogues turn next (as everyone is expecting). Not to mention if the spacetime insiders post is hinting towards what we all think http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?119555-Arcane-Legends-Something-Big-for-AL-s-Birthday-in-November. Who knows what differences this will make, who knows what upgrades will be available and what. The whole dynamics are about to change within this game and i think next season is going to be interesting stuff.

To sum it up, yes i think the Glaive is too powerful, yes i think the others classes are over-powered by Warriors in PVP. Should we do anything about it right now, probably not. Concentrate on the new stuff coming out soon and just enjoy playing the game until then, HOPEFULLY us mages and rogues can get our own back next season. STS if you're going to do something though, make it quick please.

Brilliant thread, thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

xcainnblecterx
10-16-2013, 04:25 AM
i'm talking 500-700 critic PVP not PVE on PVE i acn shot 1,5k critic perfectly..

and no i don't have a mytic shield.. and sure i have my skills active 5/5 and my passive str 5/5 int 5/5 dex 5/5 and i think is very very good build. i see most warrios have this build. and i try with another i think this is perflectly i don't need 5% speed..

and i don't need 5% dmg bcus have no diference..

5% armor i don't need i have 1800 armor..

just the critic i think is good but 5% is low and i have ribbit for that LOL..

Who said i didnt mean in pvp? Actually 5/5 in crit does wonders, just with vb i can get 30% which is alot for a warrio but when i use any str pet its basically 50/50. What i mean by skills is 5/5 in some are useless for pvp. Examples is: increased range on horn is useless in pvp simply because most of the time your all grouped up, increased range on skyward smash is useless if you use axe throw, windmills snare is useless cause a warrios not supposed to run and if youre with a team sorc will be stunning. No you won't see me in pvp now untill im upgraded to mythic due to so mich in pvp now and that crit damage i was talkin bout was only on a semi decent geared friend. Im sure i wouldnt hit that on mythocs

Puntus
10-16-2013, 05:03 AM
And always forumers complaining to nerf warrior. Maybe better change name class , the new clss is NERFED

Solid
10-16-2013, 05:43 AM
Glaive does do 1.7k.

Will upload pictures later today.

katish
10-16-2013, 05:55 AM
Of all that has been posted the one thing I know for sure is that mages need looking at, still. Sucks to be me...

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk

Crowsfoot
10-16-2013, 06:40 AM
Really interesting thread guys.

Rather than jump on a particular side here i can see the arguments from both perspectives. I'm a mage and i am fully geared, im a general PVP noob but i am getting better everyday.

This mage was Emma i think correct? And the mage you spoke of was me? Im not affraid to admit that either lol. I went 1v1 vs crow (knowing full well i would lose btw, im under no illusion that a decent warrior player should win in PVP everytime) and i think i got him to 31%? is that right bro? Purely because of my lightning crit which luckily proc'd for me. Pure luck.

Im on the fence here, yes i think the Glaive Proc is too powerful, but only because my armor is so terrible, and yes only because Rogues OP (justified in my opinion as they SHOULD have powerful one shot kills.... what else have they got?) is not as great as it should be. It's a matter of time if you ask me, next arcane weapon is looming, and its Rogues turn next (as everyone is expecting). Not to mention if the spacetime insiders post is hinting towards what we all think http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?119555-Arcane-Legends-Something-Big-for-AL-s-Birthday-in-November. Who knows what differences this will make, who knows what upgrades will be available and what. The whole dynamics are about to change within this game and i think next season is going to be interesting stuff.

To sum it up, yes i think the Glaive is too powerful, yes i think the others classes are over-powered by Warriors in PVP. Should we do anything about it right now, probably not. Concentrate on the new stuff coming out soon and just enjoy playing the game until then, HOPEFULLY us mages and rogues can get our own back next season. STS if you're going to do something though, make it quick please.

Brilliant thread, thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Correct. I didn't say names but yes this was you and Emma. Your bloody lightning crit and I dropped from 68% to 31% (you took 37% of my hp in one attack) right before I killed you with ss. Mages are strong if you had lasted 3secs longer you probably would have won; my heal was about have way through cool down and vb had worn off. For warriors (imo here) its a game of getting all your buffs right after your debuffs where off and get a few strong attacks in a short amount of time then healing. Its all how you use your build. I was fortunate enough to have a pierce wm in our match; you had shield up, but I still took 500+ hp a hit (this is the best case scenario of pierce > pierce wm). The only other pierce I had was dodged by you. I had several crits though (ty hammerjaw ;) ) I don't think that pierce is OP. I think there is just a perfect storm to make warriors powerhouses this season.

Crowsfoot
10-16-2013, 06:45 AM
@ thread OP: Glaive is not OP. The pierce proc is completely random and the window of opportunity to optimally utilize it's buff is quicker than the blink of an eye. Not to mention if any of your skills are on cool down when it procs, its definitely not as useful. Pierce proc is not a source of consistent damage output, especially when compared to a maul. The maul proc is much easier to take advantage of and kill things with.

@ Crow: Nice post. Your section 2, #2 comment - you think they will repeat the separate arcane releases? That would be the stupidest mistake in the history of online games, in my opinion. L41 cap should have 3 new arcanes for all classes at the same exact time in order to not repeat the history that has unfolded with AL.

1) the maul has a -50% armor proc for all in range, AoE stun, and a +60stt buff. It deals more single target damage, that's a fact. I have seen a maul take 2100 ho in a single attack (This blow was to me), so I wouldn't say that a glaive is OP. granted the maul proc is very rare, but its a guarunteed kill.

2) I was just saying what everyone is talking about in game. I wouldn't be surprised in the smallest if every class got new arcane. This would still benefit rouges the most, hook beat maul time to time last season, imagine hooks at level31 vs a maul.

Crowsfoot
10-16-2013, 06:47 AM
Glaive does do 1.7k.

Will upload pictures later today.

Great I love photo shop.

I'm not denying it can happen, I'm just saying I have had this weapon for weeks and have seen a 1.7k blow ONCE and it wasn't even in PvP (where damage and armor is calculated differently).

Joncheese
10-16-2013, 07:24 AM
Correct. I didn't say names but yes this was you and Emma. Your bloody lightning crit and I dropped from 68% to 31% (you took 37% of my hp in one attack) right before I killed you with ss. Mages are strong if you had lasted 3secs longer you probably would have won; my heal was about have way through cool down and vb had worn off. For warriors (imo here) its a game of getting all your buffs right after your debuffs where off and get a few strong attacks in a short amount of time then healing. Its all how you use your build. I was fortunate enough to have a pierce wm in our match; you had shield up, but I still took 500+ hp a hit (this is the best case scenario of pierce > pierce wm). The only other pierce I had was dodged by you. I had several crits though (ty hammerjaw ;) ) I don't think that pierce is OP. I think there is just a perfect storm to make warriors powerhouses this season.
Exactly what i was trying to say bro. If you're skilled an no ur class well, wars shuould come out on top in 1v1 PVP. I'm a massive noob tho, and yet to find my feet in PVP... Even so, you would of one i think :)

Hammerjaw - the most under rated pet out there

Slappityslap
10-16-2013, 09:26 AM
I have a maul and I can't win a warrior with glaive in 1v1. On the other hand maul is much better in team fights. Gotta love the proc.

Pedgon
10-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Hey guys..sorry to disagree..but THAT'S NOT TRUE AT ALL, ABOUT GLAIVE!

- Glaive's crits are lower than maul..i already tested it..only does faster attacks, just that!
- I already did many 1x1, without horns, against glaive warriors..always won! (both with vengeful blood)
- Maul's proc sill the best by far..i know that pierce attacks are awesome..but 1k- 1.7 k crits??? lool just lies..dont believe that..its not true for sure! Maul still has better crits!

But i have to admit that for 120 damage of difference on stats, maul should be much better..yes...

Cheers!

Crowsfoot
10-16-2013, 09:46 AM

- Glaive's crits are lower than maul..i already tested it..only does faster attacks, just that!
- I already did many 1x1, without horns, against glaive warriors..always won! (both with vengeful blood)
- Maul's proc sill the best by far..i know that pierce attacks are awesome..but 1k- 1.7 k crits??? lool just lies..dont believe that..its not true for sure! Maul still has better crits!

But i have to admit that for 120 damage of difference on stats, maul should be much better..yes...

Cheers!

Basically everything I said. Ty for confirming that the maul is superior in some aspects of PvP.

Pedgon
10-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Just clarifying some wrong ideas bro! ;)

Solid
10-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Lmfao... Mauls take me to 100%

Glaives take me to 0%

Maul crits?
Maybe a scratch.

Glaive proc crit?

ouch.

IF U HAVE NOTICED, ALL THE TANKS ARE DEFENDING THERE GLAIVES.

iluvataris
10-16-2013, 10:12 AM

Cheers!

says the guy who stole his maul -.-

Edit: not much credibility imo

Zeus
10-16-2013, 11:11 AM
says the guy who stole his maul -.-

Edit: not much credibility imo

Stole Paul's maul?

iluvataris
10-16-2013, 11:48 AM
Na..

Zeus
10-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Na..

Oh, that's what I heard, lol. Who's maul did he take?

iluvataris
10-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Best pm someone from eos as i dont know 100% of story. Either way something that shouldnt be forgotten.

Taejo
10-16-2013, 12:07 PM

Glaives take me to 0%

Maul crits?
Maybe a scratch.

Glaive proc crit?

ouch.

There's no way this can possibly be true, you're just arguing imprudently now. You wanted feedback in this thread, and you're receiving it. Warriors who are posting here like myself and Crowsfoot aren't going to comment with a bunch of nonsense just to defend some pixels in a game - trust me on that. He in particular is offering you concise feedback, but its obviously not what you wanted to hear. Yes, of course warriors are defending the glaives. This is because: 1. we know exactly how they work and 2. when you start a thread with an obvious agenda to get a class item nerfed, they are going to defend it.

Your crit number claims are being heavily argued because they are not a typical number you see from the proc, and quite frankly not many of the users have ever seen what you're claiming in PvP. The bottom line is, Maul and Glaive procs are on par for killing - maul still being the better choice if you had to choose. Maul is more consistent and much easier for the wielder to take advantage of, not to mention more beneficial for the warrior's survivability (which it should be because it's still a superior, arcane weapon). Glaive is more luck-based and circumstantial, and still able to be countered just like your rogue's aimed shot.

Just to play devil's advocate, most of the players complaining about the glaive on this thread are rogues. My point is, it doesn't matter which class likes the glaive or dislikes it. If you're going to debate something, at least come to the table with valid arguments and legit numbers. For the record, I've played against the glaive as a sorcerer as well, and I honestly don't think its OP - I just figure out ways to adapt and overcome. That's what PvP against new weapons is all about. AL isn't the first game in history to have this aspect to it.

Lastly, like Joncheese said, there's a TON of changes up and coming in the next month or two. Why not relax and see what's in store before we start crying to nerf things. Maybe the new additions will help you live against a glaive proc.

Pedgon
10-16-2013, 01:40 PM
Best pm someone from eos as i dont know 100% of story. Either way something that shouldnt be forgotten.

"i dont know 100%??" well...looks you know 0% about the "story" -.-

Before insulting someone, 1st you should get TRUSTED info..

And about maul again..maul has better crits..YES! Tested on mages, rogues and warr..so..stop arguing about something that some of you actually dont know...

Pedgon
10-16-2013, 01:43 PM

Glaives take me to 0%

Maul crits?
Maybe a scratch.

Glaive proc crit?

ouch.

LOOL..really?? what kind of maul warriors have you been fighting with?? humm-.-

all tanks defending glaive?? lool if you say it -.-

Crowsfoot
10-16-2013, 01:44 PM
To be honest the guy who started this thread is extremely unknowledgable (IMO). I didn't post for his benefit. I posted to set the facts straight, if you would like to contradict a point "no you are wrong isn't exceptable." The main reason I posted was so READERS could see both sides of the story. Players I actually value the opinion of (Taejo is one of them) will read every post and evaluate the data. I think the conclusion of this thread is when the glaive is lucky its OP, but when its not (about 95% [this is a guesstimate] of the time) a maul is always better. Additionally, I ha e argued that several factors besides the glaive and maul have stacked to make this season the most in favor of warriors landing kills (the heal nerf makes flagging a little harder, but I need kills so I'm not complaining).

Pedgon
10-16-2013, 01:49 PM
With good tanks like Overheard, I can't even get to my 2nd round of packs.... His damage is gnarly.

fyi..i fought 2 times with overheard..with and without horns..won both..and he had the "amazing" glaive.. -.- (and samael too lol)

so i really dont get all this about glaive sorry..-.-

and if we're going to talk about pve..well..maul totally owns glaive, especially coz of proc..

iluvataris
10-16-2013, 01:51 PM
"i dont know 100%??" well...looks you know 0% about the "story" -.-

Before insulting someone, 1st you should get TRUSTED info..

And about maul again..maul has better crits..YES! Tested on mages, rogues and warr..so..stop arguing about something that some of you actually dont know...

I trust all the different sources i heard it from.

Edit: and I know not to trust you is all.
good day.

Crowsfoot
10-16-2013, 01:51 PM

Glaives take me to 0%

Maul crits?
Maybe a scratch.

Glaive proc crit?

ouch.

Here's an idea: READ WHAT PEOPLE POST. Honestly, some people just make acusations because they can.

People with a glaive defending it: me

People without a glaive defending it: taejo (he uses an architect sword fyi), joncheese (hes a mage), flamear (look! Another mage), and Pedgon (he is arguing that the maul is stronger)

So 1/5 people defending it have a glaive. Yup, that us "all tanks defending their glaive"

Pedgon
10-16-2013, 01:57 PM
There's no way this can possibly be true, you're just arguing imprudently now. You wanted feedback in this thread, and you're receiving it. Warriors who are posting here like myself and Crowsfoot aren't going to comment with a bunch of nonsense just to defend some pixels in a game - trust me on that. He in particular is offering you concise feedback, but its obviously not what you wanted to hear. Yes, of course warriors are defending the glaives. This is because: 1. we know exactly how they work and 2. when you start a thread with an obvious agenda to get a class item nerfed, they are going to defend it.

Your crit number claims are being heavily argued because they are not a typical number you see from the proc, and quite frankly not many of the users have ever seen what you're claiming in PvP. The bottom line is, Maul and Glaive procs are on par for killing - maul still being the better choice if you had to choose. Maul is more consistent and much easier for the wielder to take advantage of, not to mention more beneficial for the warrior's survivability (which it should be because it's still a superior, arcane weapon). Glaive is more luck-based and circumstantial, and still able to be countered just like your rogue's aimed shot.

Just to play devil's advocate, most of the players complaining about the glaive on this thread are rogues. My point is, it doesn't matter which class likes the glaive or dislikes it. If you're going to debate something, at least come to the table with valid arguments and legit numbers. For the record, I've played against the glaive as a sorcerer as well, and I honestly don't think its OP - I just figure out ways to adapt and overcome. That's what PvP against new weapons is all about. AL isn't the first game in history to have this aspect to it.

Lastly, like Joncheese said, there's a TON of changes up and coming in the next month or two. Why not relax and see what's in store before we start crying to nerf things. Maybe the new additions will help you live against a glaive proc.

Wise words..just saying!

Pedgon
10-16-2013, 02:01 PM
I trust all the different sources i heard it from.

Edit: and I know not to trust you is all.
good day.

..like i said..you know 0% about it! Believe in whoever you want..honestly dont care..

and if u think "ALL" from EOS think that..well you have no idea how wrong you are..
good day.

Taejo
10-16-2013, 02:06 PM
People without a glaive defending it: taejo (he uses an architect sword fyi), joncheese (hes a mage), flamear (look! Another mage), and Pedgon (he is arguing that the maul is stronger)

Well, for credibility reasons, I must say that I have actually borrowed and tested the Glaive out for myself. While I had it, I took careful mental notes in order to assess whether or not I want to spend 10m+ on this weapon. I definitely do. I've never tested a maul though - only been the victim of getting owned by one :) It's been around long enough though that we all know it's potential power in the hands of a skillful player.

Crowsfoot
10-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Well, for credibility reasons, I must say that I have actually borrowed and tested the Glaive out for myself. While I had it, I took careful mental notes in order to assess whether or not I want to spend 10m+ on this weapon. I definitely do. I've never tested a maul though - only been the victim of getting owned by one :) It's been around long enough though that we all know it's potential power in the hands of a skillful player.

I have tested a maul. My assesment was it is superior in every way, except clearing elite mobs. Since I primarilly run elite I am in no dire need to upgrade. PvP and boss fights I would take the maul every time.

Pedgon
10-16-2013, 05:07 PM
I have tested a maul. My assesment was it is superior in every way, except clearing elite mobs. Since I primarilly run elite I am in no dire need to upgrade. PvP and boss fights I would take the maul every time.

sorry bro..cant agree about "clearing elite mobs" with glaive being better...maul's proc totally rules on elite mobs...the aoe stun and the 50% less armor it's perfect when running with strong rogues and mages. Coz honestly warr damage isn't important on elite party..still too low..both with glaive or maul,the proc is the difference!

Carapace
10-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Very interesting thread, with good insights and feedback!

Something developers in games tend to agree on is that if people are arguing both sides of the fence for a particular item, stat, boss, or whatever, then it's straddling the balance it should be. Doesn't mean it's perfect, but there are many variables to consider other than just a single players experience with a circumstantial proc where the stars align. Player equipment, skills, and play style to name a few.

Everything with a grain of salt. At this time we don't have plans to modify the glaive, but if we did move in it would be a reduction of the critical bonus scale on the Pierce attack. This means that if say I have a weapon that when it crits gets a 150% damage bonus, we would scale that down to 130% or so. These are not the real numbers, just a for instance, naturally.

Taejo
10-16-2013, 05:39 PM
circumstantial proc where the stars align

Yes, there is the perfect description of what pierce proc's maximum potential is all about.

Crowsfoot
10-16-2013, 05:41 PM
sorry bro..cant agree about "clearing elite mobs" with glaive being better...maul's proc totally rules on elite mobs...the aoe stun and the 50% less armor it's perfect when running with strong rogues and mages. Coz honestly warr damage isn't important on elite party..still too low..both with glaive or maul,the proc is the difference!

I did two overgrow runs. The proc wasn't reliable, I usually proc'd wen half the mobs were dead and since my only "attack" skill mapped was wm it made more sense to use a dps weapon (i use: heal, vb, jugg, wm. When tanking elite. And: heal, vb, wm, ss. For boss fights). I find the higher dps and armor of glaive much more beneficial for clearing mobs.

Crowsfoot
10-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Very interesting thread, with good insights and feedback!

Something developers in games tend to agree on is that if people are arguing both sides of the fence for a particular item, stat, boss, or whatever, then it's straddling the balance it should be. Doesn't mean it's perfect, but there are many variables to consider other than just a single players experience with a circumstantial proc where the stars align. Player equipment, skills, and play style to name a few.

Everything with a grain of salt. At this time we don't have plans to modify the glaive, but if we did move in it would be a reduction of the critical bonus scale on the Pierce attack. This means that if say I have a weapon that when it crits gets a 150% damage bonus, we would scale that down to 130% or so. These are not the real numbers, just a for instance, naturally.

1) *carapace hits the nail on the head* that's a glaive.

2) I'd be okay with that nerf (if there was a nerf. However, expect me to complain if the glaive is nerfed, I don't think it is required at the current game scale.

Taejo
10-16-2013, 05:59 PM
I did two overgrow runs. The proc wasn't reliable, I usually proc'd wen half the mobs were dead and since my only "attack" skill mapped was wm it made more sense to use a dps weapon (i use: heal, vb, jugg, wm. When tanking elite. And: heal, vb, wm, ss. For boss fights). I find the higher dps and armor of glaive much more beneficial for clearing mobs.

I think it boils down to different play styles between you and Pedgon. I don't own either weapon, but I am almost certain that I would find both of them extremely useful and better than my Pavise, lol.

Crowsfoot
10-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Exactly. Hence why I said "I found" not "it was found."

Build, gear, pets, and game play style= opinions.

Youngmurda
10-17-2013, 01:29 AM
Tbh I don't know what is better weapon but all I know is alot of people have sold their mauls to use glaive. I know this because I have bought them ! And this is lowering the demand rate of mauls which is not good and will cause a price drop if this continues on this path. If maul is the better weapon then it clearly must be only a little better. And I'm pretty sure if glaive is able to beat a maul in pvp even if only SOMETIMES it can then it would be a much better choice to buy it imo due to the BIG price differences between the maul and glaive. Maul cost like 3 times as much as glaive just to be barely better ? If it even is better... Doesn't sound like it would be worth buying. Trust me I hope something is done before maul price drops haha lol :)

Cremated
10-17-2013, 03:40 AM
assume it's because it ignores durability loss. My entire guild was laughing hysterically when our leader called for a wipe and WOOSH, full wipe in 2 seconds. Very fun and very effective.

However, like almost all fun items in WoW, it got nerfed to not be useable reliably as a suicide button. Normally I wouldn't care because I horde all the transform items and just chain them one after another while the first is on CD.

However, the dagger should've been nerfed but not in this way.

Revert the cast time and CD and add a durability penalty. I don't mind losing durability at all (otherwise i wouldn't play a tank) but it's irritating for me when a wipe is called and there's so much unnecessary time wasted and a potential mass rez destroyed because i live longer as a tank than the rogues do in order for them to vanish.

Thoughts?

Solid
10-17-2013, 05:10 AM
People who know how to play a maul can killa rogue in 1v1 with EFFORT.

There are maulers imho, i wonder how they even got a maul.

Most maulers are like that.

Iv only faced a few who know how to use the maul,

If those mauler hada glaive, they would be able to kill faster..

Cremated
10-17-2013, 05:43 AM
Can you... make this untranspositionable? or.... lower its mp `,`.... sheesh... nothing beats a int or water sac hitting 200s per turn while healing 100 and its sword hitting 160s while healing 80... ontop of that you cant run away from the sacrier... `,` the sword even has 50% resist to mp removal..... lower its hp, ANYTHING just do something to it to make it less of a threat -,- the sacrier is hard enough.

Ideas:
Lower hp.
or
Lower mp.
or
non-Transpositionable.
or
Less Mp resistance.

Anything will do `,`

I say high cooldown because i lost to a sac in a miserable way `,`. he killed me using only flying sword.
He started throwing the flying sword, i couldnt get close to him since he would transposite the sword and he would have gotten beside me hitting me quite hard. While the sword hits 100 to 200 healing half. i killed the sword and he summoned another one `,`. I ignored the sword and he summoned another one ... thats 2 swords.... i killed one and the other attacked me hitting 19x. i killed the other one and he summoned another one (it takes me a spam of 1 to 3 turns depending on the luck of my hits. *since i am a enutrof slashov hits quite random. my only benefit is my +4 range which enables me to kill things from a far distance. but since the swords have only a 5 turn cooldown.. and have 5 mp... its quite hard to beat 2 before the sacrier gets the chance to either summon another one or transposite."
Once i got him low enough he ran for cover and started throwing sword and cawwots and doing absorption and bloodthirst madness healing himself bit by bit. if i dared to get him in my LoS and in range that was the end of me.

So please do something about flying sword -,-.

Seriously people get off those nerf threads and go for mid/high levels. It's balanced there and the sword is just something you kill to waste your AP lol.

If you lost to a sacrier this way you should eithern learn to play your class or quit. Btw enus are ment for farming, not PvP. If you want them to be nerfed don't cry if anyone asks to nerf your bag or your chest (the one for more drops).

Just one of those ****ing (sorry about that word) nerf-threads becuase someone lost on PvP.

And now stop whining and learn how to beat them. Just ask soem high enu...lol.

Crowsfoot
10-17-2013, 06:04 AM
assume it's because it ignores durability loss. My entire guild was laughing hysterically when our leader called for a wipe and WOOSH, full wipe in 2 seconds. Very fun and very effective.

However, like almost all fun items in WoW, it got nerfed to not be useable reliably as a suicide button. Normally I wouldn't care because I horde all the transform items and just chain them one after another while the first is on CD.

However, the dagger should've been nerfed but not in this way.

Revert the cast time and CD and add a durability penalty. I don't mind losing durability at all (otherwise i wouldn't play a tank) but it's irritating for me when a wipe is called and there's so much unnecessary time wasted and a potential mass rez destroyed because i live longer as a tank than the rogues do in order for them to vanish.

Thoughts?

I don't understand what you are saying. Could you please rephrase your statement?

Crowsfoot
10-17-2013, 06:11 AM
Tbh I don't know what is better weapon but all I know is alot of people have sold their mauls to use glaive. I know this because I have bought them ! And this is lowering the demand rate of mauls which is not good and will cause a price drop if this continues on this path. If maul is the better weapon then it clearly must be only a little better. And I'm pretty sure if glaive is able to beat a maul in pvp even if only SOMETIMES it can then it would be a much better choice to buy it imo due to the BIG price differences between the maul and glaive. Maul cost like 3 times as much as glaive just to be barely better ? If it even is better... Doesn't sound like it would be worth buying. Trust me I hope something is done before maul price drops haha lol :)

Lol, if mauls are that hard to sell and prices fall, expect me first in line to buy one.

My current analogy is that the glaive is like daggers for a rouge and the maul is a bow. What needs to be remembered is different builds should be used for different weapons, if I am mapping: heal, vb, jugg, and wm a glaive makes sense. However, if I using two or more "attack skill" (the top line of skills in your skills page) a maul is a very good choice. The maul has more damage, but less dps. So it all comes down to what your skill map is.

We know from the arcane hooks that next season the maul will be entirely obsolite. So it should be expected for it to be less powerful this season.

Maunyabastian
10-17-2013, 06:31 AM
The conclusion is, Glaive > Maul?

Crowsfoot
10-17-2013, 06:59 AM

-_-

Crowsfoot
10-17-2013, 07:02 AM
I have a maul and I can't win a warrior with glaive in 1v1. On the other hand maul is much better in team fights. Gotta love the proc.

Try this person's post. This is strictly about PvP mind you.

Cremated
10-17-2013, 07:53 AM
Hello,

Just found out that sword of iop (the only some range attack of the str iop) will be nerved to only hitting summons.

This would be unfair because its the only range spell and aoe spell of the str iop. This will make this build very weak and little to no fighting chance in battles

EDIT

Just found it out it still works but it says behind the damage part (in spell display) summon

This post has been edited by rreinierr - April 10, 2013, 15:30:41.
Reason for edit : still works but typo?
Schmendrick

Subscriber
Bworker Punisher
Member Since 2006-08-07

posté April 10, 2013, 15:30:01 | #2
Sword of Iop isn't being changed. Some spells on the beta server have a display glitch where it says they only work on summons, but they still actually work on non-summons just fine.

No spells are getting major changes in the next update, except Wrath of Iop (which is getting a shorter cooldown and higher base damage but lower bonus damage).

rreinierr

Subscriber
Grossewer Rat Washer
Member Since 2009-01-04

posté April 10, 2013, 15:32:15 | #3
Ok thank you

Sword of iop is one of my best spells i would freak out if that happen

DoonKan
Baby-Kan (Rushu)
Pumas
Former Subscriber
Ancestral Treechnid Slogger
Member Since 2008-01-07

posté April 10, 2013, 15:37:12 | #4
I could understand them buffing SoI to hit more on summons as concentration does. Maybe a lot of other classes should have secondary dmg that deals more if the target is a summon to help overcome the overpowered summons from monsters/players now that CC spam is going away

~KAN~

HatedOne
Prince-Bee (Rosal)
Noblesse Oblige
Subscriber
Wa Wabbit Carrotator
Member Since 2011-02-10

posté April 10, 2013, 22:20:53 | #5
Dude, it's bad enough Concentration can 1 turn a Crackler or Bag (technically speaking) cause of that double damage on summons :/

If SoI (or any other spell that isn't Dolly, Unsummoning, or Whip) gained a second effect like that, you're pretty much saying "get lost everyone with a bunch of situational pets, we don't need you getting in our way anymore!!"

DoonKan
Baby-Kan (Rushu)
Pumas
Former Subscriber
Ancestral Treechnid Slogger
Member Since 2008-01-07

posté April 11, 2013, 00:00:03 | #6
Concentration does 10 base more dmg versus summons. I also didn't mean every spell should have a secondary affect like that. I thought I mentioned "support" classes getting this ability on some spells. Such as eni who already hits like garbage if int in terms of pure spell dmg. Not every class and not every spell, just a few would be nice to help "boost" the dmg the spells have to make the class not so lost once CC goes away. And by go away I mean the limitations, because I figure someone might come and take apart what I'm saying to mean something else.

~KAN~

Ebezaanec
10-17-2013, 08:25 AM
^^ Uh... What are you talking about? Are you on the right forums?

Cremated
10-17-2013, 08:45 AM
Why so much hate? IM HELPING YOU OUT!

Maunyabastian
10-17-2013, 08:47 AM
^^ Uh... What are you talking about? Are you on the right forums?

He must be joking.

Ebezaanec
10-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Why so much hate? IM HELPING YOU OUT!

What hate? I'm just asking for clarification... I guess, questions = hatred...

Crowsfoot
10-17-2013, 09:28 AM
We are not hating. We are confused. Your points are very confusing. There apears to be a lack of articles and an overuse of substitives. If you sould rephrase your statements into a "subject>verb>object" clause using more proper nouns and articles it will be easier to read.

At this point I have no idea what you have said.

Pedgon
10-17-2013, 09:34 AM
I think it boils down to different play styles between you and Pedgon. I don't own either weapon, but I am almost certain that I would find both of them extremely useful and better than my Pavise, lol.

Exactly Taejo! I understand what Crowsfoot is saying about glaive.. but, for eg., i'm using wm ss vb horn, and it's really awesome, with maul, on elite mobs.

But yeh, just different play syles...but both weapons are awesome, that's an undeniable fact! I prefer maul and i still think it has more advantages than glaive (on PVP and PVE) most of the times. But, of course, that the price being 3/1 - Maul/Glaive, well..maybe is a better choice last 1 lol

Pedgon
10-17-2013, 09:36 AM

..that's YOUR conclusion.. lol :p

drgrimmy
10-17-2013, 06:52 PM

Think of it this way:

Maul lvl31 and built to last for three seasons or the equivalent of a lvl41 legendary weapon.
Glaive lvl36 and built to last for two seasons or also the equivalent of a lvl41 legendary weapon.

Regarding this point sts seems to have hit the nail on the head. Given all the debate, these two weapons seem pretty equivalent yet different, supporting different playing styles. I personally hate to face anyone using either one of them in pvp :)

Crowsfoot
10-17-2013, 07:01 PM
Think of it this way:

Maul lvl31 and built to last for three seasons or the equivalent of a lvl41 legendary weapon.
Glaive lvl36 and built to last for two seasons or also the equivalent of a lvl41 legendary weapon.

Regarding this point sts seems to have hit the nail on the head. Given all the debate, these two weapons seem pretty equivalent yet different, supporting different playing styles. I personally hate to face anyone using either one of them in pvp :)

I didn't actually look at it this way, but you are 100% correct. Ty for pointing that out so clearly

Lvl31 arcane=lvl41 legendary
Lvl36 mythic=lvl41 legendary

Falls in line with all of sts' claims.

inkredible
10-18-2013, 02:34 AM

Mauls crit 500-800. -35m

Opinions?

WOWOWOWOW LOL i deff critted 1k in pvp with maul , id say avg crit for maul is 800-900 - low
though i did find maul critting higher than 1k last season but ofcourse.. common sense - people have more armor now and better gear

heres more comparison maul vs glaive

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?118739-Pick-Your-weapon-M-vs-G&highlight=pick+weapon

LOL maul is a team weapon.. glaive 1v1
- i feel like i should sell my maul and get glaive +samael
if i can afford both, i would

it just really doesnt make sense to me why glaive seems to hit WAY MORE than maul when critted - base on y'all opinions
cuz .. maul with proc over 520dmg and on top of that.. it reduces 50% of opponents armor..

critical percentage diff is around 2%

so why is glaive hitting WAY MORE than maul - if its about even output dmg okay understandable, but 800ish vs 1.7k??
DPS affect??? difference of about +80 dps with -120dmg less than maul can cause that?
I dont know the whole math concept of this. but please - a dev explain
theres gotta be something wrong with that..

imagine glaive is bugged....... LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!! - end of the world