PDA

View Full Version : What long threads do you want me to write about?

WhoIsThis
10-15-2013, 11:57 PM
Ok, I am planning on starting my long threads soon enough. This thread is primarily addressed to the oldies, but anybody is welcome to participate.

Current plans include (although the order is open to change):

1. An equipment thread and a thread for PvP rebalance

This one will build on this thread:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42435-Towards-the-perfect-equipment-a-commentary-and-observations-from-the-past

It will discuss the state of balance, and address other issues that I feel need to be addressed.

2. A community thread

3. An outlook on the game industry

4. Maybe a thread for rebuilding PL's popularity

It will expand on this thread:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44958-The-future-of-PL-long-term-recommendations-my-most-important-post-for-this-year

and perhaps this one
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?119363-In-your-opinion-what-would-it-take-to-get-PL-back-to-it-s-glory-days

5. Perhaps a new code of honor that expands on Noobmigo's thread.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?18819-The-Oldie-Code-Of-Etiquette

6. A suggestion for something new based on experiences with other MMOs.

7. Requested thread: A commentary on the economy

But as far as thread's go, I am open to writing about pretty much anything people think is important or to change the order. Thread 2 and 3 are indirectly related, but if you see what I have to write, I think you'll conclude that they're useful contributions.

1,2, and 6 are definitely going to be written. I am finalising what I want on the other threads though and may add part 2s.

Edit:
I'm pretty flexible to suggestions, ideas, and the like. It may take a couple of days though for me to respond (I am a part time poster for a reason), but I'll try to respond to the majority of comments here.

Also if there's anything you want prioritised let me know.

Faliziaga
10-16-2013, 03:35 AM
As you said the Code of Etiquette should become a sticky and maybe added to the tip page in game.
I'm looking forward to your set analysis thread.

Roberto077
10-16-2013, 05:33 AM
2-4 have been written multiple times with intense discussions in each. 2-4 have been written within the past month.

tHelonestud
10-16-2013, 06:33 AM
Maybe about PL's popularity
Honestly, whatever topic you discuss, it will cover far more than that, and be another one of the most outstanding and thought-provoking.
I really appreciate all the time that you put in your threads. They keep the forum from atrophying more than many realize.

Extreme
10-16-2013, 06:48 AM
As you said the Code of Etiquette should become a sticky and maybe added to the tip page in game.
I'm looking forward to your set analysis thread.

Fali<3

XghostzX
10-16-2013, 09:24 AM
Rebuilding PL's community/an outlook of the gaming industry.

I'm interested to know if PL were to revamp it's population up like it once did at a certain point, then perhaps STS would treat the game differently.

But I'm fine and very grateful for any topic you wish to talk about :)

WhoIsThis
10-16-2013, 10:45 PM
There does not appear to be a consensus at this point, so it may come down to me using a dice to decide it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Everyone'sFavMage
10-17-2013, 01:18 AM
Maybe about PL's popularity
Honestly, whatever topic you discuss, it will cover far more than that, and be another one of the most outstanding and thought-provoking.
I really appreciate all the time that you put in your threads. They keep the forum from atrophying more than many realize.this ^ your posts are the best reads I've had on any forum. So insightful and full of life.

I'm interested to know if PL were to revamp it's population up like it once did at a certain point, then perhaps STS would treat the game differently.

dudetus
10-17-2013, 08:56 AM

^ Yeah, this one. All sorts of balancing have been the top topics for as long as I can remember. Not that a thread about balancing would do any harm - but the area has been covered multiple times and most forumers are getting kinda numb for balancing threads.

Rebuilding community... I don't recall that topic itself to be in discussion in a while. While some people's attempts for a better community have been more or less a failure, I do not believe there has been a wide analysis on the subject.

I personally think the reason for the community's decreasing "quality" is just simply because the playercore is way more younger than it was like 2 years ago. Don't get me wrong, PL's community is still the best community I've ever been part of, but it's saddening to see how few "quality" posters there have been in like a year. And all along there are more people leaving than joining in both the game and the forums.

I myself see the reason for PL's "immaturing" to be that when PL was launched way back in 2010, it was the first major mobile MMO. PL was a miracle and the prime MMO for mobile devices. Such as Guild Wars 2 and WoW are the prime pc MMOs. PL attracted more people overall at it's prime. Not only kiddies who think warriors are cool because they have a big sword.

Now there are many more advanced mobile MMOs and PL is just a sort of "we were here first". Struggling but still lingering here mostly by loyal customers. PL nowadays reminds me a bit of EverQuest. Both were first majors in their segments, and while there are bigger players in markets, the loyalty and the right to say "we were here first" are what keep both games alive.

Got a bit longer than I expected, eh, have fun reading.

There does not appear to be a consensus at this point, so it may come down to me using a dice to decide it.

Yeah, announce when u will be making that thread so I can save it as a bedtime read!

MightyMicah
10-17-2013, 09:31 AM
I particularly would like to read 1, 2, and 4. However, I'll enjoy reading any one of the six in full detail.

WhoIsThis
10-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Ok so now there seems to be an increasing consensus around 2.

CrimsonTider
10-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Voice of reason here...

To be honest, the community which use to actually "read" these threads is gone. Yes, there will be a handful of us who will respond and discuss issues, however, most will not. This is not the thought provoking community you and I joined. I should also add, many of the topics you brought up, as stated above, have been discussed numerous times in the last few months. Griffinfan and I both wrote lengthy "community" based threads and I started a "community" based group which 37 individuals have joined and a majority of those are inactive. Justg has a thread built around discussing balance and changes. The other topics, though would be interesting reads for some of us, would be just for a few of us who "truly" care and post with informative, thoughtful posts.

I am by no means trying to dicourage you, nor discredit you. I just hate to see you waste your time on something which will do just that: waste your time. The trolls will find a way to troll, and there will be those who may read the first paragraph, thank you, and forget the thread 10 minutes later as they rage in PvP. My advice would be to orgsnize your thoughts into a smaller, concise post and place that into one of the existing threads, especially those started by devs/mods.

CrimsonTider
10-17-2013, 04:29 PM
^ Yeah, this one. All sorts of balancing have been the top topics for as long as I can remember. Not that a thread about balancing would do any harm - but the area has been covered multiple times and most forumers are getting kinda numb for balancing threads.

Rebuilding community... I don't recall that topic itself to be in discussion in a while. While some people's attempts for a better community have been more or less a failure, I do not believe there has been a wide analysis on the subject.

I personally think the reason for the community's decreasing "quality" is just simply because the playercore is way more younger than it was like 2 years ago. Don't get me wrong, PL's community is still the best community I've ever been part of, but it's saddening to see how few "quality" posters there have been in like a year. And all along there are more people leaving than joining in both the game and the forums.

I myself see the reason for PL's "immaturing" to be that when PL was launched way back in 2010, it was the first major mobile MMO. PL was a miracle and the prime MMO for mobile devices. Such as Guild Wars 2 and WoW are the prime pc MMOs. PL attracted more people overall at it's prime. Not only kiddies who think warriors are cool because they have a big sword.

Now there are many more advanced mobile MMOs and PL is just a sort of "we were here first". Struggling but still lingering here mostly by loyal customers. PL nowadays reminds me a bit of EverQuest. Both were first majors in their segments, and while there are bigger players in markets, the loyalty and the right to say "we were here first" are what keep both games alive.

Got a bit longer than I expected, eh, have fun reading.

Yeah, announce when u will be making that thread so I can save it as a bedtime read!

Sorry for the double post, for some reason my tag didn't work and I don't often have the chance to prove Mr. Ninja wrong. ;)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?101809-***Calling-All-Arms!***

tHelonestud
10-17-2013, 07:32 PM
just spam for people to join the forums in towne

WhoIsThis
10-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Voice of reason here...

To be honest, the community which use to actually "read" these threads is gone. Yes, there will be a handful of us who will respond and discuss issues, however, most will not. This is not the thought provoking community you and I joined. I should also add, many of the topics you brought up, as stated above, have been discussed numerous times in the last few months. Griffinfan and I both wrote lengthy "community" based threads and I started a "community" based group which 37 individuals have joined and a majority of those are inactive. Justg has a thread built around discussing balance and changes. The other topics, though would be interesting reads for some of us, would be just for a few of us who "truly" care and post with informative, thoughtful posts.

Actually I agree with this ... more than you realize. The probability that my threads will cause anything is relatively low.

Let's just say that most people I've talked to acknowledge that this is probably not going to get anything done, but more of a sort of "what might have been" type of thread (for the record, I do have a few people that I am in touch with through email).

I am by no means trying to dicourage you, nor discredit you. I just hate to see you waste your time on something which will do just that: waste your time. The trolls will find a way to troll, and there will be those who may read the first paragraph, thank you, and forget the thread 10 minutes later as they rage in PvP. My advice would be to orgsnize your thoughts into a smaller, concise post and place that into one of the existing threads, especially those started by devs/mods.

I may end up making a short thread later on to condense my thoughts. But yeah I do recognize that my long threads are not likely to provoke action - just limited discussion.

There is one other thing that I do intend to say to you - I was planning on keeping this in a PM, but I'll be blunt: Truth be told, the devs simply do not hold me to the esteem that they hold to you. Parth, David, or Royce have. I am not "liked" by the devs. I'm not jealous or anything like that, but I am observant enough to recognize that I am looked down upon. I agree that I have done said some things I should not have at times (and I feel bad especially towards you), but regardless of the reasons, I do not hold credibility. My words mean little. Among the community - yes, among the devs - not so much. Note for example that a disproportionate number of my threads have been locked, regardless of the insights in them and my efforts to maintain a relatively moderate tone. I highly suspect that had yourself or Parth written such things, your threads would not be. Again, I would like to emphasize that I do not covet popularity nor any resentment/jealousy or anything like that over this - it just "is" in a sense. That and the fact that I have never tried to actively become "popular" or "funny". In that regard, I suppose, yourself, Will, Parth, David, Moth, and a few of the others can justifiably claim to be the biggest contributors, at least in PL's community and my contributions insignificant.

Truth be told, even if one of you were to write a thread on the scope of the ones that I write (or if someone like Physiologic, Ellyidol, or Royce returned), the probability that it will cause major action is low - simply because well, this game may be at the end of the line. The content update 11 months ago may very well be the last one for PL. Also I do want to mention that I have taken the time to search and look at what has been said. There may be some overlap, but for the most part, I do plan on making an original piece of work.

Finally - I do want to thank you for being honest with me about this. I do hold you in esteem, even though I do not always agree with everything that you say.

It would, but it's not so simple from a revenue standpoint. As I said, it's a chicken and egg problem. Not enough players = not enough revenue = no justification for further investment in the game.

As I've indicated to Crim, it's more of a "what might have been" type of thread - well, maybe a "what could happen if STS invested in PL or AL" type of thread. I mean at this point, there are options that they have:

AL will run it's course. At that point, they can:

1. Double down on AL like I am suggesting with PL
2. Invest in an existing game like PL or SL for a major upgrade
3. Develop yet another title of "Legends" or something like "Battle Dragons" that also shares the engine and key components

3 seems by far the most probable based on the past.

Suentous PO
10-17-2013, 07:56 PM
3,4,& 6 would be interesting to me personally. I remember 5 recent threads on community and a couple on pvp, I think a lot has already been said and we might want to keep it in one place so it has more utility for the devs. 4 & 6 is my vote.

Mothwing
10-17-2013, 07:59 PM
To be honest, I think a good start would to be include some of the old threads in our signatures, such as Noobmigo's. I read number 1 and instantly realized that people have already strayed from it, which means people probably don't know the thread even exists.

The reason I know this works is because I created my signature thread last year, also when it died. I just came back to the forums a few months ago, edited my signature a little bit and included a link to the shop, and instantly received comments the next day, all from a simple signature link.

WhoIsThis
10-17-2013, 08:13 PM
To be honest, I think a good start would to be include some of the old threads in our signatures, such as Noobmigo's. I read number 1 and instantly realized that people have already strayed from it, which means people probably don't know the thread even exists.

The reason I know this works is because I created my signature thread last year, also when it died. I just came back to the forums a few months ago, edited my signature a little bit and included a link to the shop, and instantly received comments the next day, all from a simple signature link.

Are there any in particular that you recommend (apart from the ones in your own signature)?

Mothwing
10-17-2013, 08:20 PM
I came to the same problem myself xD

At the moment none come to mind, but I think if some of us included some of the same threads, it could make a bigger impact, for example Noobmigo's thread.

I'll do some searching tonight and get back to you :)

EDIT: Check Redbridge's list in Player Guides, I went there but didn't search as much as I'd like to, since I'm doing HW.

WhoIsThis
10-17-2013, 08:23 PM
I came to the same problem myself xD

At the moment none come to mind, but I think if some of us included some of the same threads, it could make a bigger impact, for example Noobmigo's thread.

I'll do some searching tonight and get back to you :)

Very well. Let me know what suits you best. I cannot make assurances that I will include everything that suits you, but I will take it strongly under consideration. Also, let me know what particular portions are the most relevant in your opinion.

Mothwing
10-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Very well. Let me know what suits you best. I cannot make assurances that I will include everything that suits you, but I will take it strongly under consideration. Also, let me know what particular portions are the most relevant in your opinion.

Agreed. I think if all of us included something that kind of suits us, for example the PvP based forumers could put in PvP guides or PvP manner threads, or the farmers could put in the pink guides.

Mothwing
10-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Double post, sorry...

But if you need help with any of these please feel free to tell me. I'm happy to help in any way I can. This trolling and trash talking really hits me hard, I've had bad IRL experiences, and it really sucks to see my "second life" so to speak get infected with the same thing.

To start, I think a good thing would to be to come up with some basic forum/in-game manners and advertise that thread everywhere, especially in our signatures.

WhoIsThis
10-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Agreed. I think if all of us included something that kind of suits us, for example the PvP based forumers could put in PvP guides or PvP manner threads, or the farmers could put in the pink guides.

My plan is to delay for a bit between each thread, but if you have something to add, just write something in the thread saying that you will would like thread "XYZ" from the past to be mentioned.

Mothwing
10-17-2013, 08:31 PM
My plan is to delay for a bit between each thread, but if you have something to add, just write something in the thread saying that you will would like thread "XYZ" from the past to be mentioned.

Sounds good, I'll start searching as soon as I can get this Spanish done :)

WhoIsThis
10-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Sounds good, I'll start searching as soon as I can get this Spanish done :)

Don't feel compelled to contribute or rush yourself. As I said, I'm pretty flexible when it comes to these sorts of things and am in the process of planning my threads.

Mothwing
10-17-2013, 08:34 PM
Don't feel compelled to contribute or rush yourself. As I said, I'm pretty flexible when it comes to these sorts of things and am in the process of planning my threads.

It's no big deal, I should have finished this hours ago anyway. I blame the internet :p

WhoIsThis
10-17-2013, 08:41 PM
It's no big deal, I should have finished this hours ago anyway. I blame the internet :p

Yeah I know that feeling. When you're passionate about something ... it's that gotta get it done mentality.

Mothwing
10-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Yeah I know that feeling. When you're passionate about something ... it's that gotta get it done mentality.

I have it for like the first month of school, then I'm just over it for the last 10 months xD

Oldcoot
10-17-2013, 08:59 PM
I'd like to here your opinion on the pl economy. Break it down and look at it from different perspectives. I've read some posts here already about it but they were kinda one sided I feel

WhoIsThis
10-17-2013, 09:25 PM
I'd like to here your opinion on the pl economy. Break it down and look at it from different perspectives. I've read some posts here already about it but they were kinda one sided I feel

That may end up being thread 7 then.

XghostzX
10-17-2013, 10:42 PM
I may end up making a short thread later on to condense my thoughts. But yeah I do recognize that my long threads are not likely to provoke action - just limited discussion.

There is one other thing that I do intend to say to you - I was planning on keeping this in a PM, but I'll be blunt: Truth be told, the devs simply do not hold me to the esteem that they hold to you. Parth, David, or Royce have. I am not "liked" by the devs. I'm not jealous or anything like that, but I am observant enough to recognize that I am looked down upon. I agree that I have done said some things I should not have at times (and I feel bad especially towards you), but regardless of the reasons, I do not hold credibility. My words mean little. Among the community - yes, among the devs - not so much. Note for example that a disproportionate number of my threads have been locked, regardless of the insights in them and my efforts to maintain a relatively moderate tone. I highly suspect that had yourself or Parth written such things, your threads would not be. Again, I would like to emphasize that I do not covet popularity nor any resentment/jealousy or anything like that over this - it just "is" in a sense. That and the fact that I have never tried to actively become "popular" or "funny". In that regard, I suppose, yourself, Will, Parth, David, Moth, and a few of the others can justifiably claim to be the biggest contributors, at least in PL's community and my contributions insignificant.

Truth be told, even if one of you were to write a thread on the scope of the ones that I write (or if someone like Physiologic, Ellyidol, or Royce returned), the probability that it will cause major action is low - simply because well, this game may be at the end of the line. The content update 11 months ago may very well be the last one for PL. Also I do want to mention that I have taken the time to search and look at what has been said. There may be some overlap, but for the most part, I do plan on making an original piece of work.

Finally - I do want to thank you for being honest with me about this. I do hold you in esteem, even though I do not always agree with everything that you say.

I must say, Chris, this is by far a new emotional side I've never seen of you on the forums :D

It is in fact powerful, but you need to understand that I feel your posts and thoughts should be gaining STS' attention. I feel as if you have lack confidence in your ability to gain STS' trust. I wholeheartedly believe that you hold a ton of weight in this community, regardless of what has happened in the past between you and STS. That's all it merely is - a past, and you know what you have done wrong (for whatever it may have been). But your posts show how you really feel that you do not hold as much weight as some other forumers may do. I have a lot of respect for saying this, as I know you're an honest man, but I think you should (most definitely) think that your posts/threads/thoughts hold lots of weight. You truly have no idea - you're the only forumer who decided to spent (probably) hours on just one post, because you have a ton of passion for the game. This is what we need in our community, and if STS doesn't appreciate that, than I don't know who they could appreciate.

Now, back on topic to what you may be writing about - I think what Crim said was important, but I still think any post can send a significant message. Now, I'm not forcing you to make a thread, nor am I encouraging you to, on the off-chance, waste time writing a thread that may be forgotten within a month. As a forumer, I never thought these two aspects were important. All I know is how I feel, and as long as I'm participating in something that I appreciate, then my time hasn't been wasted. The simple fact that I've been trying to rebuild a game that I've been playing since 2010 is pretty neat - I've met a lot of cool people on the journey.

All I'm saying is that when/if you make a thread, it's important to not be just analytic and statistical in order to please the community. Say what you really want to say, because in the end, our own statements and justifications are the things that matter to us, and in the long run will allow others to come to appreciate who we are and how we want to contribute. After all, your endless contributions to the community have well-earned the respect from, and many others. I think that's a pretty cool thing to do, is it not? :)

Mothwing
10-17-2013, 11:21 PM
I've tried writing something long and in depth here but it sounded stupid compared to what you two post, so I'll just summarize. Both of you are amazing contributors to this community. No matter what STS thinks or says about you guys, I will always be a big fan and enjoy reading your posts. I'm so happy you're back Elf, I feel like forums finally have something worth reading. You have no idea how long I've been waiting for that to return to PL.

I'm looking forward to what you have to say :) Maybe it will spark an idea in me to start something that will make a difference.

Just throwing this out there, but I really wish GoA would come back, because you two have more than earned the title.

WhoIsThis
10-17-2013, 11:30 PM
I must say, Chris, this is by far a new emotional side I've never seen of you on the forums :D

I must admit, I am at heart, a very introverted person although most people who work near me at actually very surprised to discover that.

It is in fact powerful, but you need to understand that I feel your posts and thoughts should be gaining STS' attention. I feel as if you have lack confidence in your ability to gain STS' trust. I wholeheartedly believe that you hold a ton of weight in this community, regardless of what has happened in the past between you and STS. That's all it merely is - a past, and you know what you have done wrong (for whatever it may have been). But your posts show how you really feel that you do not hold as much weight as some other forumers may do. I have a lot of respect for saying this, as I know you're an honest man, but I think you should (most definitely) think that your posts/threads/thoughts hold lots of weight. You truly have no idea - you're the only forumer who decided to spent (probably) hours on just one post, because you have a ton of passion for the game. This is what we need in our community, and if STS doesn't appreciate that, than I don't know who they could appreciate.

I am quite grateful for your confidence in me.

Well - I wasn't the only forumer to spend a lot of time. Doc for example has spent a lot of time, Physiologic's posts, and a whole lot of people (too many to name here). The issue has never been holding weight among the community - that I am reasonably confident I hold (at least in the key people, namely the paying customers). In any game like this, only a small percentage of players are well, paying customers. When you write a thread, and people thank you in game, by email, etc for this, you know you've made an impact. When you write a thread and it gets locked ... yeah it does make you wonder:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?119363-In-your-opinion-what-would-it-take-to-get-PL-back-to-it-s-glory-days

To the best of my knowledge, most of the comments were very civil, well thought out, and quite passionate. I suppose it got off track in the end, but it does make you wonder. It's discouraging seeing one of the most discussed threads get locked like that.

I am not seeking compensation, recognition, etc. At the end of the day though, I do recognize that I am a second or third tier person by the perspective of the moderators/developers and for the most part, considered a first tier person by the bulk of what I would call the older generation. That and well, look around you. A lot of the oldies have been well - banned, especially among the ones that took a stronger stance, or left bitter about what this game became. I suppose I'm one of those that "skated on thin ice" so to speak. I'll PM you with the details.

It's really not a matter of confidence as much as it is a matter of well, results. Crim is correct in pointing out that no matter what gets written, there's very little chance for action. I think that we may have to come to terms at some point that the game we knew is well, never going to be updated in a major way.

Now, back on topic to what you may be writing about - I think what Crim said was important, but I still think any post can send a significant message. Now, I'm not forcing you to make a thread, nor am I encouraging you to, on the off-chance, waste time writing a thread that may be forgotten within a month. As a forumer, I never thought these two aspects were important. All I know is how I feel, and as long as I'm participating in something that I appreciate, then my time hasn't been wasted. The simple fact that I've been trying to rebuild a game that I've been playing since 2010 is pretty neat - I've met a lot of cool people on the journey.

All I'm saying is that when/if you make a thread, it's important to not be just analytic and statistical in order to please the community. Say what you really want to say, because in the end, our own statements and justifications are the things that matter to us, and in the long run will allow others to come to appreciate who we are and how we want to contribute. After all, your endless contributions to the community have well-earned the respect from, and many others. I think that's a pretty cool thing to do, is it not? :)

The truth is, I'm more writing a thread for the community (and maybe myself) than I am for STS. I recognize this. Will it be forgotten in a month? Certainly not by you, probably not by the people who I intended for it to be read. There is always the possibility of a lock (as hinted by the thread above). A distant, but far less likely possibility is that the thread(s) are acted upon, although as indicated by everyone, not many are optimistic. I gotta admit, I'm very impressed by your optimism. I guess what I'm trying to say is well - I know that chances are, my threads do not hold the weight that well, people may think they do. Passion and time wise though, it is interesting noting that me, you, and several of the other posts have been around longer for many of the employees. Both of us for example, have spent more than a year playing before Delphina ever became a mod on the forums. That's not a knock on any of the employees - that's just an objective assessment.

Also worth mentioning, when making my posts, I have somewhat even made an effort when I make long posts to "dumb down", in a sense, my vocabulary (this is in recognition that there are a lot of people around whose first language is not English or who are not accustomed to the typical terminology that is used in MMOs). I don't say what I think everyone wants me to say. I say what I think is right and let the community make it's own judgements. There have been people who have disagreed with me in the past, I recognize that.

What we need to do I think is to present a good case to STS that investing in this game, that investing more in PL would be more profitable than developing new IP. That's something we really need. Failing that, a few modest improvements that would take perhaps a couple of hours on STS end (maybe less) would significantly enhance the experience from a balance standpoint.

I've tried writing something long and in depth here but it sounded stupid compared to what you two post, so I'll just summarize. Both of you are amazing contributors to this community. No matter what STS thinks or says about you guys, I will always be a big fan and enjoy reading your posts. I'm so happy you're back Elf, I feel like forums finally have something worth reading. You have no idea how long I've been waiting for that to return to PL.

I'm looking forward to what you have to say :) Maybe it will spark an idea in me to start something that will make a difference.

Just throwing this out there, but I really wish GoA would come back, because you two have more than earned the title.

Like my thoughts on Will, I am honored by your confidence in me.

I was one of those that fought to scrap the GoA title actually, along with Physiologic. I advocated for a ground up system where the community would help decide who was a major contributor. To me, 2 things were needed:

1. A technical contributions recognition, for things like good guides, repeated good posts
2. A sort of community outreach - like what the AoA became, for greeting new players, and making people feel welcome

Now the 2 weren't mutually exclusive, but I felt the GoA did not do 1 justice.

Faliziaga
10-18-2013, 03:59 AM
When you write a thread and it gets locked ... yeah it does make you wonder:

It's discouraging seeing one of the most discussed threads get locked like that.

I am not seeking compensation, recognition, etc. At the end of the day though, I do recognize that I am a second or third tier person by the perspective of the moderators/developers and for the most part, considered a first tier person by the bulk of what I would call the older generation.

I was not surprised this thread got locked, because of the direction the last posts took. In fact, I was surprised and disappointed about those last posts that I consider inept in this thread. It made me sad that you took this personal.

WhoIsThis
10-18-2013, 10:44 AM
I was not surprised this thread got locked, because of the direction the last posts took. In fact, I was surprised and disappointed about those last posts that I consider inept in this thread. It made me sad that you took this personal.

If you're referring to the response I gave to Will, it's not what you think it is. Will would understand.

I am quite open to other feedback (and to something you would like me to write about as this is the intended purpose of the thread), but that said I would ask that if you to want to talk to me about this matter, I would respectfully ask that you converse with me purely by PM and that you keep our conversations private.

Faliziaga
10-18-2013, 11:00 AM
No, sorry for the misunderstanding, I was referring to the last posts in the locked thread.

WhoIsThis
10-18-2013, 11:44 AM
No, sorry for the misunderstanding, I was referring to the last posts in the locked thread.

It's fine. Don't worry about it.

MightyMicah
10-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Back on topic...what's the consensus, mate? Have you decided which topic shall be first?

Caiahar
10-18-2013, 03:34 PM
I would like to see any of those threads, but it wont do much. If you read carefully through those other threads (Crim, will, yours, etc.) Most of the people who commented were people who took time and care about community, and the others are trolls.
I don't think any, or a little threads will get full recognition.
None of this post was made in an insulting manner, nor to insult or troll.

WhoIsThis
10-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Back on topic...what's the consensus, mate? Have you decided which topic shall be first?

Seeing as we're back to no consensus again, the dice roll may have to do.

I would like to see any of those threads, but it wont do much. If you read carefully through those other threads (Crim, will, yours, etc.) Most of the people who commented were people who took time and care about community, and the others are trolls.
I don't think any, or a little threads will get full recognition.
None of this post was made in an insulting manner, nor to insult or troll.

As indicated I do recognise this. Please see my response to Crim.

Caiahar
10-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Seeing as we're back to no consensus again, the dice roll may have to do.

As indicated I do recognise this. Please see my response to Crim.

Oh, sorry, I didn't read the whole thread properly.

All for one, and one for all.

WhoIsThis
10-30-2013, 11:51 PM
Just wanted to say that this is not dead. I've been busy with some rl issues and I haven't been in the best of health lately.

Oldcoot
10-31-2013, 12:10 AM
Just wanted to say that this is not dead. I've been busy with some rl issues and I haven't been in the best of health lately.

Hope you get to feelin better soon

WhoIsThis
11-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Hope you get to feelin better soon

Thanks. My friend got sick and I think I might have caught his cold. The temperature here is about -8C, or for Americans about 17F, which is higher than normal for this time of year. Still, I think there's a cold bug going around.

Anyways, I've opted for thread 1, since there's the most demand for it (a lot of threads asking for re-balances).

Edit: Aiming to get most of it done by Monday or Tuesday.