PDA

View Full Version : Elixers as Loot

Alrisaia
10-16-2013, 10:54 AM
So... Just a thought but... why not offer up some Elixers in the loot tables.

I know the coding exists to have an item in your 'chest' category of your inventory that you can 'open' and gain the benefits of an elixer it's been done before as a special VIP DMG lixer for insider members.

There could be Common, Rare, Epic, Legendary, Mythic, and Arcane Elixers too if you like. all providing different benefits :)

I think having elixers in your inventory would really help out the non-plat users of the game and provide a new commodity for everyone to farm.
So, perhaps they could be gained through Special Quests, MOBs (Elite or otherwise), Bosses (Elite or otherwise), Chests (of all flavors), Elite Chests (of all flavors) and even from those darned chests we don't open during our runs since everyone knows they reduce your odds of getting good drops from the boss.

Anyway - just a thought :)

Derezzzed
10-16-2013, 10:59 AM
I like it +1

Desperoto
10-16-2013, 12:10 PM
U was thinking about tradeable elixirs? Or am i wrong?

Deadroth
10-16-2013, 12:22 PM

I suppose Alr was talkin bout the 'looting' elixirs as bonuses like gold from chests. Good idea.

Taejo
10-16-2013, 12:33 PM
+1/2 a point. Why not add them to chests as well? Add that and I'll give +1 support :)

keikali
10-16-2013, 12:59 PM
+1, but I have another suggestion. If not in locked crates/chests, why not off mobs? and then it would be rare.

For example, some mobs can drop regular HP/Mana pots for you to loot and this is rare. Why not try this out?

Alrisaia
10-16-2013, 01:05 PM
+1/2 a point. Why not add them to chests as well? Add that and I'll give +1 support :)

Elite Chests (of all flavors), etc...

nub

Alrisaia
10-16-2013, 01:07 PM

Could be - or untradeable... Imagine the Elixer Economy - that would be another economy worth farming... consumable items ALWAYS hold their value better than non-consumables.

So - yes, my vote is for tradeables.

Desperoto
10-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Could be - or untradeable... Imagine the Elixer Economy - that would be another economy worth farming... consumable items ALWAYS hold their value better than non-consumables.

So - yes, my vote is for tradeables.

But imagine the massive crate opening.. Now people get a lot elixirs and a lot crate spenders never have to buy elixirs again.. Also rich pple that have a lot luck elixirs can give their party members elixirs cuz they cant purchase it. Now more pple will farm with elixir and the prices will drop..

Alrisaia
10-16-2013, 01:46 PM
But imagine the massive crate opening.. Now people get a lot elixirs and a lot crate spenders never have to buy elixirs again.. Also rich pple that have a lot luck elixirs can give their party members elixirs cuz they cant purchase it. Now more pple will farm with elixir and the prices will drop..

Nah - why spend 15 plat for a 'chance' to get something you could buy for 4? People wouldn't open crates for lixers.

Taejo
10-16-2013, 02:24 PM
nub

Wtf, I can't read lately :/

Ok, +1 to chests or bosses dropping elixirs. -1 for crates (see below post as to why I feel this way).

Trade-able, definitely not happening. Although it is extremely successful in other games, we all know elixirs are a huge source of revenue for STS. I would say keep it as a prize only the chest opener can use.

Desperoto
10-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Nah - why spend 15 plat for a 'chance' to get something you could buy for 4? People wouldn't open crates for lixers.

Thats not what im saying. A lot people open over 800 crates every event for new mythics etc..

Derezzzed
10-16-2013, 02:49 PM

Thats not what im saying. A lot people open over 800 crates every event for new mythics etc..

Simple soulution: The luck elixirs aren't tradeable but the others are

~Although I do agree with Alisaia, why would u spend 15plat & possibly gold on a locked crate that has a chance to get one when u could spend 4plat, 0gold and get the same thing

& the reason why people open so many crates on mythic week is because there's no other way to obtain them (besides buying with gold ofc) if there was ever a option to buy mythics with platnium I can almost guarantee no one would be opening locks

Taejo
10-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Simple soulution: The luck elixirs aren't tradeable but the others are

~Although I do agree with Alisaia, why would u spend 15plat & possibly gold on a locked crate that has a chance to get one when u could spend 4plat, 0gold and get the same thing

& the reason why people open so many crates on mythic week is because there's no other way to obtain them (besides buying with gold ofc) if there was ever a option to buy mythics with platnium I can almost guarantee no one would be opening locks

I don't think Desperoto is saying that people's intentions behind opening crates is going to be looting some elixirs. Rather, its assumed that those who open hundreds of crates will accumulate a handful of elixirs and won't have to purchase them from the store/vendor for awhile. I guess it really depends on their drop rate, though.

Regardless, it will just be yet another reward for opening crates, which I honestly can't say I advocate. Even though I've opened my fair share of crates (about 170), I hate their existence and don't want to see any more encouragement for players popping them open.

Derezzzed
10-16-2013, 03:13 PM
I don't think Desperoto is saying that people's intentions behind opening crates is going to be looting some elixirs. Rather, its assumed that those who open hundreds of crates will accumulate a handful of elixirs and won't have to purchase them from the store/vendor for awhile. I guess it really depends on their drop rate, though.

Regardless, it will just be yet another reward for opening crates, which I honestly can't say I advocate. Even though I've opened my fair share of crates (about 170), I hate their existence and don't want to see any more encouragement for players popping them open.

Ah alright that makes sense

Alrisaia
10-16-2013, 03:14 PM
Wtf, I can't read lately :/

Ok, +1 to chests or bosses dropping elixirs. -1 for crates (see below post as to why I feel this way).

Trade-able, definitely not happening. Although it is extremely successful in other games, we all know elixirs are a huge source of revenue for STS. I would say keep it as a prize only the chest opener can use.
HAHA - ok so I'm a net net 0 from you huh? ... pfft I am so nub.

o.O OMG!... 800 crates... OK yeah, so no from me for lixers lootable from crates i'll update and I see what you mean now. At least then we'd have an item that's farmable and would hold value due to its consumable nature.

Yeah - I'm learning now how much $$ people actually spend on this game. Wow. I honestly never realized this since I despise crates and think they truly ruined a great game. Although I suppose they're a necessary source of revenue for STS.

Anyway... not to derail the thread -

Lootable Elixers from MOBs, Chests, and such would be a really great addition to the game and help to offset the imbalance of Elite Farming for green items.
I'd be rocking a Combo lixer all day long if I could buy them with gold! :)... or would I sell them?... hmm...

Taejo
10-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Lootable Elixers from MOBs, Chests, and such would be a really great addition to the game and help to offset the imbalance of Elite Farming for green items.

Agreed. One way STS can implement these and not severely lose out on elixir purchases is to make these lootable elixirs only last 5 minutes. You could consider them "boss fight" elixirs, I guess. I would certainly use them up!

Derezzzed
10-16-2013, 03:19 PM
Agreed. One way STS can implement these and not severely lose out on elixir purchases is to make these lootable elixirs only last 5 minutes. You could consider them "boss fight" elixirs, I guess. I would certainly use them up!

That's a good idea +1

Alrisaia
10-16-2013, 03:24 PM

Common = 2min
Rare = 5 min
Epic = 10 min
Legendary = 15 min
Mythic = 30 min
Arcane = 60 min

Derezzzed
10-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Common = 2min
Rare = 5 min
Epic = 10 min
Legendary = 15 min
Mythic = 30 min
Arcane = 60 min

Idt they'd add mythic and arcane xP but I like it

Hectororius
10-16-2013, 03:31 PM
it would be ok even if we could buy the elixers with plat and still be tradeable or usable when we want to. Yes, you can buy it when you're ready to use, but there's nothing like cracking open a fresh elixer straight from your own stash :)

As for the allies dropping storable elixers, I think they should remain time limited as they are now. Free is free after all, and you would see storable elixers abused by multi account holders.

Alrisaia
10-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Free is free after all, and you would see storable elixers abused by multi account holders.

I'm out of Thanks but... Thanks.
Didn't consider this - removing Shaz and Klaas from my approved list of Stashable Lixer sources.

Asphiroth
10-17-2013, 02:39 AM
Just because you can loot an elixir, doesnt mean you can trade it. STS made vanities untradable for a really long time before they allowed trading last august.

Alrisaia
10-17-2013, 07:37 AM
Just because you can loot an elixir, doesnt mean you can trade it. STS made vanities untradable for a really long time before they allowed trading last august.

The thing is - I believe that having these become lootable and tradeable (including in the CS) we create a whole new commodity for the game. One that holds its value well.

Think about the egg market, while some of them are really unstable, most of them have a really stable value and maintain their value all season. The reason for this is twofold:
a) their rarity is pretty much right on par with what it should be.
b) Eggs are consumable items. Meaning that, for the most part, when someone buys an egg, their intention is to crack it open and play with their new pet. That egg can never return to the market, it has been 'consumed'.

I believe having consumable items is an important part of any economy, especially one in an MMO. Think about this - Farmers farm for food, people consume food. If people resold the food they consumed every time they were finished eating it, the farmers would end up going broke trying to keep up with the price deflation of the food they're farming.

Anyway... bump :)

Hectororius
10-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Common = 2min
Rare = 5 min
Epic = 10 min
Legendary = 15 min
Mythic = 30 min
Arcane = 60 min

I don't think the rarity should be based on time but instead, based on re-roll potential, and making all elixirs either 15min or 30 minutes. Also need to take in to consideration if these elixirs will be stackable with current elixirs if they are going to be of different percentages and lengths of time.

A better scale would be

Common = 5% (15min)
Rare = 10% (15min)
Epic = 15% (15min)
Legendary = 25% (30min)
Mythic = 30% (30min)
Arcane = 40% (1hr)

I think for the sake of the market, these should only be stackable with the Lep amulet and the combo elixir, and treated similar to the current 25% re-roll elixir.

Alrisaia
10-17-2013, 02:27 PM
Devs / Community Manager(s) Would anyone mind chiming in here and letting us know if this is even a remote possibility :)????