PDA

View Full Version : Respec failed argh!

Soundlesskill
10-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Mid respec, you accidentally unlock something you didn't mean to unlock, you scream and yell, yet you still have to pay another 5 plat to redi your mistake.

My suggestion is that when you purchase respec, you get (Say cap is 36) 5 moving points. Say you have placed all your skill points and accidentally do veil 2nd upgrade instead of 3rd. The point allows you to redo it. If you have place all your skills correctly you simply press 'finish'

The reason for the limitation it because it could be abused if there was a "finish" button.

Alrisaia
10-16-2013, 03:52 PM
Mid respec, you accidentally unlock something you didn't mean to unlock, you scream and yell, yet you still have to pay another 5 plat to redi your mistake.

My suggestion is that when you purchase respec, you get (Say cap is 36) 5 moving points. Say you have placed all your skill points and accidentally do veil 2nd upgrade instead of 3rd. The point allows you to redo it. If you have place all your skills correctly you simply press 'finish'

The reason for the limitation it because it could be abused if there was a "finish" button.

I've done this before and yeah it's annoying. I think just a 'finish' button would take care of it.

Taejo
10-16-2013, 04:31 PM

Agreed 100%.

A tad off-topic: This falls in line with any platinum purchase that doesn't have a confirmation button!

Drearivev
10-16-2013, 06:58 PM
This is very off topic:
I had 4 Plat. I wanted to respec. Pressed the respec button. Pop-up says "insufficient Platinum to make purchase", yet my skills were still reset. I checked how much Plat I had left. I had 1.

Lolwut? I spent 3 Plat for a respec....

Taejo
10-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Also in line with this topic... attribute points and skill points should be separate respecs, 2/3 plat respectively.

Soundlesskill
10-17-2013, 12:12 AM
I've done this before and yeah it's annoying. I think just a 'finish' button would take care of it.

No because people could abuse it then.

Like you place all your points in your pve specs, not pressing confrim you can simply say you placed them wrong and replace them in pvp spec.

Alfai
10-17-2013, 01:29 AM
Especially on mobile devices when you ram is low.the response has a minute delay and jagged.wrong respec will cost 5plats.wrong rename will cost 60plats (once to fix).

Yeah a confirmation button would be good to avoid accident from reoccuring.

P/s: a bit off topic.im laughing in sadness looking at immaturity and insecurity some people have.pun intended.

Asphiroth
10-17-2013, 02:35 AM
Especially on mobile devices when you ram is low.the response has a minute delay and jagged.wrong respec will cost 5plats.wrong rename will cost 60plats (once to fix).

Yeah a confirmation button would be good to avoid accident from reoccuring.

P/s: a bit off topic.im laughing in sadness looking at immaturity and insecurity some people have.pun intended.
Renaming the character costs 30 plat

Desperoto
10-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Good idea! +1!

Taejo
10-17-2013, 04:07 PM

Like you place all your points in your pve specs, not pressing confrim you can simply say you placed them wrong and replace them in pvp spec.

I've read this a few times... I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're saying. Can you reword it?

Alrisaia
10-17-2013, 04:24 PM

I've read this a few times... I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're saying. Can you reword it?

I think he misunderstood my post that he's quoting. All I'm saying is a simple confirmation button would allow you to spec your character, you click the 'done' button and then a confirmation window pops up and says 'Are you sure?' with two options.

Yes I'm sure, I really meant to buy all of those skills with the skill points I spent or...
No I'm not sure, I accidentally clicked one as indicated by the OP and now I'm raging at my phone because I wasted 5 plat.

You wouldn't get to go 'play' the game until after you selected one of the above options. If you selected 'no' it would kick you back to your respec page. there's no room for abuse, i assure you.

Also post script: a bit off topic... what?

Drearivev
10-17-2013, 04:32 PM
She's saying that if you didn't press finish, then that means you aren't done respeccing. So they'll use that build for whatever they want (let's say PvE), then they decide they want to PvP. So they change their build again into a PvP spec. So they changed from a PvE to PvP build without respeccing again.

Yeah, that's not the best wording....

Taejo
10-17-2013, 04:36 PM
She's saying that if you didn't press finish, then that means you aren't done respeccing. So they'll use that build for whatever they want (let's say PvE), then they decide they want to PvP. So they change their build again into a PvP spec. So they changed from a PvE to PvP build without respeccing again.

Yeah, that's not the best wording....

Ok, I understand now. I don't think it's a realistic concern to have, however. I really doubt you would be able to actually continue playing the game before you hit "Confirm" or "Finish" button. I've never played a game where you could exploit repsecing in this manner. It would be easy for STS to make it so you can't leave the respec window without hitting confirm.

Soundlesskill
10-17-2013, 05:44 PM

No.

I think he misunderstood my post that he's quoting. All I'm saying is a simple confirmation button would allow you to spec your character, you click the 'done' button and then a confirmation window pops up and says 'Are you sure?' with two options.

Yes I'm sure, I really meant to buy all of those skills with the skill points I spent or...
No I'm not sure, I accidentally clicked one as indicated by the OP and now I'm raging at my phone because I wasted 5 plat.

Yes a confirm button would be nice, but there's still no option to redo a misplaced skill point.

You wouldn't get to go 'play' the game until after you selected one of the above options. If you selected 'no' it would kick you back to your respec page. there's no room for abuse, i assure you.

Also post script: a bit off topic... what?

Taejo
10-17-2013, 05:47 PM
No.

Someone else translated already.

Yes a confirm button would be nice, but there's still no option to redo a misplaced skill point.

That's what a "Reset" button is for... You're making this more difficult than it needs to be.

1. Allocate points
2. Don't like it? Hit "Reset Points"
3. Like it? Hit "Confirm" and the screen closes

Not very difficult.

Alfai
10-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Renaming the character costs 30 plat

True.fixing a wrong name makes it 60.

Soundlesskill
10-18-2013, 05:46 AM
True.fixing a wrong name makes it 60.

People are more careful with renaming tho :p I'd know hahaha