PDA

View Full Version : How do low and mid level players lvl up these days?

inevitable
10-16-2013, 09:28 PM
I left the game for around 2 months for vocation, when it used to be 21 highest cap

And now I am back and trying to grind all my 3 characters to 36 from 21. But after 1 day of playing today, I found that it seems extremely hard to achieve this now.
You can hardly find a team in most of the pirate maps or tomb, when you get one, 99% of them are noobs or either with real real real bad gear... looks like new players don't invest in their mid level gear anymore and just want to wait till 36. This make them fight all the way with some 100 dmg weapons :uncomfortableness:and it is almost impossible to fight through these maps with such gears.....

I am curious how people grind from mid level to high level now? It seems that dev changed the system and in tomb and all maps you only auto match with similar level now, but there are not many of 20s in tomb 4, so it takes ages to fill a team.... and yeah most of the time crap team again....

This make me really upset, it feels like if you miss the first crowd of players to get to 30s together then you are stuck... and this is really unhealthy for long term game development, it means low and mid level players have no way to get to high level unless you decide to solo all your way to 30s. People will give up and without new blood joining, the game will die very fast. :blue:

Do anyone have clue around how many players are there in AL now? Cause it is quite boring to play solo in level 20s

Frohnatur
10-16-2013, 09:37 PM
Level 16 to 24 go to Watchers Tomb 4 or Upper Hauntlet. Plenty people, plenty loot. From 24 to 31 go to Kraaken Mines 3 (you find this map through captain Hannah on the ship, click Explore) Plenty People, plenty loot. After Level 31 go through the new shuyal maps. Plenty of people there. And those shuyal maps have atm the highest xp-gain. Also helpful: buy seven-day elix and if you have more plat, buy addtional xp-gain-elix. This should bring your char to 36 in no time. But be prepared: some of the higher maps need quest-lines to be done (gleipnir e.g.).

inevitable
10-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Level 16 to 24 go to Watchers Tomb 4 or Upper Hauntlet. Plenty people, plenty loot. From 24 to 31 go to Kraaken Mines 3 (you find this map through captain Hannah on the ship, click Explore) Plenty People, plenty loot. After Level 31 go through the new shuyal maps. Plenty of people there. And those shuyal maps have atm the highest xp-gain. Also helpful: buy seven-day elix and if you have more plat, buy addtional xp-gain-elix. This should bring your char to 36 in no time. But be prepared: some of the higher maps need quest-lines to be done (gleipnir e.g.).

Am lvl 22 now but in Watchers Tomb 4 can hardly find a team lol..... do your methods work now or you mean one month earlier :disturbed:

xXz21
10-16-2013, 09:45 PM
2 month ago u left?? i don't think so i have 6 month playing and when i start the game have already lv 31 xDD

inevitable
10-16-2013, 09:49 PM
2 month ago u left?? i don't think so i have 6 month playing and when i start the game have already lv 31 xDD

something like that... it's not the main point of this thread

inevitable
10-17-2013, 04:49 PM
No one can share?

Roberto077
10-17-2013, 05:17 PM
It took me a weekend to get from 1-31 on my mage.

The first 15 levels are easy then solo arcanum grounds until you can go to kraken. At kraken, run the harbor until 23 where you can access Nordr. Proceed by running the first map of nordr and kraken solo until 28 where you can enter Shuyal. Run the final map of Shuyal until 36.

inevitable
10-17-2013, 07:14 PM

The first 15 levels are easy then solo arcanum grounds until you can go to kraken. At kraken, run the harbor until 23 where you can access Nordr. Proceed by running the first map of nordr and kraken solo until 28 where you can enter Shuyal. Run the final map of Shuyal until 36.

sounds like a plan.... thanks~ but it means al become a single player game before 30s(when you can play elite maps and some high lvl maps)......... :ambivalence:

Frohnatur
10-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Am lvl 22 now but in Watchers Tomb 4 can hardly find a team lol..... do your methods work now or you mean one month earlier :disturbed:

The way it works is most people stand outside and shout "party" or they build a party and shout "1 slot" e.g. My guess is people do it that way because a lot of them run with elixier and they dont want it wastet standing in the map waiting the map to fill up.

With level 22 I would highly recommend to go to the kraaken expansion and go there to Kraken Mines Tombs. The Tombs are most popular nowadays because they have good loot chances too.

Roberto077
10-17-2013, 09:21 PM
sounds like a plan.... thanks~ but it means al become a single player game before 30s(when you can play elite maps and some high lvl maps)......... :ambivalence:

Well, solo is if you want kills along the way, but in multiplayer always go with a pre-made.

Zojak
10-17-2013, 09:27 PM

Took me 16 hours to do 1-31 last time i did it ;) and i livestreamed it for 200 people to watch :D

Roberto077
10-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Took me 16 hours to do 1-31 last time i did it ;) and i livestreamed it for 200 people to watch :D

That's probably about the same time I spent. I can't stand grinding though.

Asphiroth
10-18-2013, 01:44 AM
These are my preferences (by personal experience):
•Lvl 16-lvl 21: Dead City or Watchers' Tombs
•Lvl 22: Kraken Isles (I felt as though Kraken Isles were a tad bit slow at exp farming)
•Lvl 23-29: Nordr (As close to the end as you can)
•Lvl 30-36: Shuyal
-It also helps (if u have plat) to get exp elixirs or to get a pet that has an exp buff (ex: abaddon).

Avshow
10-18-2013, 02:20 AM
My suggestion, just try to do more quests....some quests may have you run some dungeons again and again to gain enough kills.
This can make leveling not so tough

inkredible
10-18-2013, 02:23 AM
i leveled up from 21-36 wt4
tho i have heard shuyal maps give more xps
but u know wt4 is never bad.. i got top first 50 lvl 31/ 36 - i done it all in wt4 running it 4-5 mins
but it gets so boring..
when i lvl my pet i go to shuyal maps- moving around / diff maps i find more interesting than going in circle over n over n over

inevitable
10-18-2013, 03:28 PM
i leveled up from 21-36 wt4
tho i have heard shuyal maps give more xps
but u know wt4 is never bad.. i got top first 50 lvl 31/ 36 - i done it all in wt4 running it 4-5 mins
but it gets so boring..
when i lvl my pet i go to shuyal maps- moving around / diff maps i find more interesting than going in circle over n over n over

yeah lol tomb is so boring, you lose the fun playing game there

Xbuddyjosh
10-18-2013, 04:36 PM
The answer: make friends to help u

Fyrce
10-18-2013, 04:53 PM
I just jump in wherever. If there're people, I play with them. If not, I play by myself. But then again, I just level my lower levels whenever.

Zojak
10-18-2013, 05:43 PM
That's probably about the same time I spent. I can't stand grinding though.

To clarify I meant 16 hours real life time. Which included sleeping. Actual leveling time was about 8 hours.

Snakespeare
10-18-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm solo'ing Tombs 2 with my mid-20s mage. No need for a party, and you get more kills.

But yeah, you'll need a team to beat Grimnr to get to the new content and right now any PUG will skip him.

Carapace
10-18-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm solo'ing Tombs 2 with my mid-20s mage. No need for a party, and you get more kills.

But yeah, you'll need a team to beat Grimnr to get to the new content and right now any PUG will skip him.

This is interesting, why are players skipping over him? Too much of a pain to fight?

Alrisaia
10-18-2013, 06:29 PM
This is interesting, why are players skipping over him? Too much of a pain to fight?

Not sure why, but those who are joining us atm at lv 35 are asking us to help him beat Grim to open up new content. We oblige, of course, but why people aren't fighting is an unknown to me.

inevitable
10-18-2013, 07:20 PM

because when you clear the tomb you need walk back to grimnr that is far away, faster run= more xp, simple

inevitable
10-18-2013, 11:47 PM

When i click the captain and click explore, it says I dont have power of gleipnir yet?

Temarichan
10-18-2013, 11:59 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this.

I had to level my twink from 1-18. Took me a whole day and a half to get there. Plus pet leveling from Lvl 1 to Lvl 35-36 is kinda insane as well. I just recently bought the new pet Grimm. It's only Lvl 22 now. -.-

Better do some runs with the guild to get your started.

Taejo
10-19-2013, 08:04 PM

I've noticed that when people are trying to level up, they skip over bosses in every campaign. I think its just the way PUGs tend to play.

Desperoto
10-20-2013, 09:24 AM

Because he one hits rogues/mages at the end of the fight. And also not a lot players have a lep at that level, and a golden warchest isn't worth the time.

IronMonkey
10-21-2013, 10:34 PM

Oh yeah, I was watching your livestream, I was the one who said while you're inside the watcher's tomb, "Get out of there, its too gloomy inside", remember? lol.

My answer: Mt Spyr and when the time is right, Shuyal maps.

KingMartin
10-22-2013, 03:13 AM
Because he one hits rogues/mages at the end of the fight. And also not a lot players have a lep at that level, and a golden warchest isn't worth the time.

But perhaps Vixen egg is? I don't know, I have solo'd Grimnr at 31 level, I did it at 35 level, and I do it at 36 level too.

I think for a rogue Grimnr is an easy boss now - just be careful, fill your health to 100% always and if he uses that axe throw and pull, use the inertia to run away from the red zone because twisting axe follows.

For me much more painful (better to say, pot consuming) is the way to him.

I usually join PUG, let them to help me with the mobs, let them leave the map and after they all gone I comfortably fight Grimnr alone :D

afrobug
10-22-2013, 06:04 AM
Join a guild and maybe then you can find people who wants to level up too. You can visit AL guilds section or just stand idly in guild castle entrance, I'm sure someone will invite to their guild. Or you can solo til you reach lvl 30. My personal favorite is wt3. Stick close to your objective, otherwise you'll really get bored grinding. Along with leveling up, I usually do quests or hunt eggs to keep myself motivated. Switch pets to level them up too. And don't forget, the reason why you're playing is to keep your worries IRL at bay and just enjoy.

wvhills
10-22-2013, 02:41 PM

People skip all the bosses when they're leveling. They do xp runs in the best map, skip boss, and repeat til they are max level. Once they al max level they skip as many mobs as possible to get to the boss and farm gear then. This is because if u get a pink drop before ur max level it will be worthless because it's not max level. Bosses take to long without the best gear so they are skipped, then people buy decent end game gear to farm with.

Milan Lame Man
10-22-2013, 03:51 PM
This is interesting, why are players skipping over him? Too much of a pain to fight?Not sure why, ... but why people aren't fighting is an unknown to me.
Rofl. You are overpowered for too long to remember how hard Grimnr is, with mid-pinks at lv36.
I guess it's easier for a warrior but pretty much impossible for a sorcerer, unless I just stand back and watch warriors do the killing.

Snakespeare
10-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Sorceror... i have to solo him because people leave the instance. When he kills me he resets. I can't even plat rev. Once I'm dead, he resets. With health pots I can stay alive till he hits half xp, then he one hits me. My mage is named Noobnott if you want to look up his specs. I'm level 32 and I have a Devourer Staff of Force, a Dimensional Hat of Savvy, and Champions Cloth of Savvy plus some other level 30 pinks. Armor 706...

Snakespeare
10-22-2013, 04:08 PM
But to the OP, you can still level in tombs. :)

FluffNStuff
10-22-2013, 04:16 PM

Why is obvious (risk/reward in terms of time is off the charts when leveling), but what to do about it is the real question ... hmm ...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?116463-Boss-as-a-Level-based-XP-Elixir

:)