PDA

View Full Version : Hey roges what do you demand on a warrior for an elite pve party?

juaki
10-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Roges are the most demand chararacter in elite pve runs because of their damage. But I want to know what roges need on a warrior in this season.

Thanks for your answers!!!

Alfai
10-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Tough.6 packs.with muscles.

Kakashis
10-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Feeble x2, shield, and survive the mobs! Don't really care how you do it. If you can't afford arcane weapon, use the mythic glaive. If you can't afford glaive, use pavise. If you can't afford pavise, use the 500 gold sword and shield tanking weapon LOL. Key is to take hits and to keep group alive!

Add me Kakashis, I only do elite :)

xXz21
10-17-2013, 02:52 PM
i love run with 2 rogue 1 sorc and 1 war. or just 1 war 2 rogue XD

Speedofsound
10-17-2013, 02:54 PM
I really like it when i run with warriors who can shield at proper times and can hold aggro well enough. I also like it when warriors dont die lol. That is basically all i need from a warrior.

Crowsfoot
10-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Uhm, you may want to ask warriors instead. Rouges don't know how to play a warrior; or how our procs, skills, and cool downs affect runs.

Note: there is a warrior discussion tab with a ton of helpful threads and posts.

Alrisaia
10-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Roges are the most demand chararacter in elite pve runs because of their damage. But I want to know what roges need on a warrior in this season.

Thanks for your answers!!!

I would venture to say this hasn’t changed much in any season. Rogues (and mages alike) look for tanks who can do the following. When I think back to all the various tanks I have run with I can count on one hand those who met all of the criteria below.

And to be clear, I run with any tanks, but tanks who have the below skillset end up making it a smoother and faster run.

Stay alive.
If you’re running with a group that is relying on a tank to hold aggro and you’ve got large pulls, if you die, typically the squishies die too.
Know the pulls
If you don’t know where to stand and fight you cause problems for your rogues and AOE mages who are throwing out AOE spells that end up going to waste since typically MOBs follow the warrior.
Hold aggro well
This goes for the bosses as well as the trashmob pulls. This is downright impossible without the right build and without taunts. Warriors just cannot keep up with the damage output of their rogue and mage counterparts, thus without taunts holding aggro is a relative impossibility.
Know when to relocate.
In pre-shuyal my expectation of Warriors was they they would hold still to ensure the MOBs crowded up around the tank and he would act as a meat shield to the rogues and mages. In Shuyal, I expect something very different and it takes a great deal of teamwork to be able to pull this off. In Elite Shuyal we (rogues) can indicate a relocation by popping smoke in a different location and the tank moves when he sees we have done so.
Know the boss you’re up against
Know when to use your HOR. Some bosses can One-Hit-Kill your team members and if they die you end up paying the price in additional POT consumption. To help your team out, summon a pet that will protect them when HOR is on cooldown and alternate between the two. Malison is a useful pet to hit right before the windup attacks as well as George. Twist HOR and George and watch how that boss never does any damage to your buddies : )

iluvataris
10-17-2013, 03:22 PM
I like when war's pull elite shuyal mobs outa the pink patchs so my razor shield can deal its maximum amount of damage : )

Instanthumor
10-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Tough.6 packs.with muscles.

Well then, you'll LOVE my 8 - pack. Lolz

Zuzeq
10-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Hold the line
Stay alive
Follow smoke/Jump on pulled mobs from traps
Quick Transitions

Thats the base, anything more is a bonus.

Taejo
10-17-2013, 04:20 PM
I like when war's pull elite shuyal mobs outa the pink patchs so my razor shield can deal its maximum amount of damage : )

It's called "purple goo". Get it right! :)

On a serious note, I agree this is very important for a warrior running elite Shuyal. It's a very difficult task, also.

iluvataris
10-17-2013, 05:41 PM
i like pink stuff myself

Edit: im sure it is tough but if everyones on the same mindset pull them out the pink #@&$ yo's.
Goes pretty smooth.

Soundlesskill
10-17-2013, 05:50 PM
I like it when warrs can do the following:

HIT POTS LIKE YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE....Cause you are

Taunt lè mob.

The Horn of Renew in your skill set.

Close runner up... USE the Horn of Renew.

Using Ribbit for team crit, Glacian better tho (Because hj and Glacain stacks)

Be fat and meaty (Fat = to have armor, Meaty = To have enough HP to survive)

In Shutal maps, for goodness sake don't stand still in tht purple patch thingy or you'll die.

katish
10-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Juaki, nice of you to ask! A lot of times people will play without knowing what is expected of them! I agree with everything that has been posted here, specialty with moving out of the death trap that is the pink (!) goo in shuyal.

I'll add that I appreciate a warrior that knows the pulls and takes the lead so I don't have to.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk

Jetzzz
10-17-2013, 06:42 PM
Decent armor and damage
Heal
Have feeble skill for bosses
Ribbit

Spyce
10-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Rogues*

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Tapatalk 2

KingMartin
10-18-2013, 01:54 AM
I feel a bit sorry for the warriors (I am a former tank myself) in this season, because two top-equipped rogues and two top-equipped mages can clear the maps very effectively and to be honest, all my successful or less successful LB runs were done in such a party. Shuyal is full of goo, stuns, and bosses that are deadly on a close range. Or bosses that require high DMG/DPS of the party (Overgrowth).

On the other hand - speaking on behalf of a guild that teaches level 35 players with legendary gear to run elites - not every party is top geared and a good tank is essential for endurance of the team.

Many has been said about concrete skills setup which (in fact it is nothing new) boil down to two essentials - hold aggro and survive. I want to say that the tank can be still very helpful not only when biting through the mobs, but also at concrete bosses, e.g.

Ashral/Wraith Heart
Tanks keeps aggro of that poison dude and keeps the green circle away from the boss. DPS's stun the other two dudes quickly and then use long range to stun this poison guy, saving skills for the moment when heart drops its shield.

Ferrix
Tank keeps aggro of the mist with the goal to expose Ferrix to close range attacks of the rogues (SV followed by RS, and/or SP if you have). Tank uses HoR that give precious invulnerability for DPS's to attack even in the mist (spam pots very fast)
BTW I have heard it is possible to prevent ferrix from spawning that mist. I have not observed which is the right moment to stun him yet, though.

Krom
Tank attempts to separate mobs from the boss, because often you can't avoid fighting boss and mobs in the same time close to the statue.

Inan
As said before, tank times his HoR well and fires it to protect the buddies from AoE attack. As a support, he uses stun pet that he fires if he himself get stunned (because Inan causes St.Vitus' Dance disease quite often)

Frostir
it is proven that now the boss can be cleared at the wall on a close range very quickly.Tank holds aggro, blocks him from jumping into the free area and times HoR and stun pet so that the area attack does not kill his buddies (particularly when the Minotaur King "enrages").

While I am not particularly paranoid about gear, once I did Ferrix map with two tanks who had a maul. The dudes pulled at the second lamp zone like half of the map together, that means all that were left on the pathway, the dead end and also all the mobs up to the bridge. I thought it is an instant kill, but in the end it was the most funny run I have ever had and I did not die a single time. The key was relocation from the goo that filled like half of the green zone.

So, I recommend for tanks to listen to rogues and mages, concentrating on HP and making sure they don't die in the goo. Relocate a bit if you see there is goo all around and your DPS buddies can't reach the mobs on a melee range.

We love you, tanks! Don't listen to us egoistic rogues and mages when we rant about the map taking too long with you! Perhaps we have spammed only a half of pots we would have spammed if it were not for you!!! :)

inkredible
10-18-2013, 02:19 AM
I would venture to say this hasn’t changed much in any season. Rogues (and mages alike) look for tanks who can do the following. When I think back to all the various tanks I have run with I can count on one hand those who met all of the criteria below.

And to be clear, I run with any tanks, but tanks who have the below skillset end up making it a smoother and faster run.

Stay alive.
If you’re running with a group that is relying on a tank to hold aggro and you’ve got large pulls, if you die, typically the squishies die too.
Know the pulls
If you don’t know where to stand and fight you cause problems for your rogues and AOE mages who are throwing out AOE spells that end up going to waste since typically MOBs follow the warrior.
Hold aggro well
This goes for the bosses as well as the trashmob pulls. This is downright impossible without the right build and without taunts. Warriors just cannot keep up with the damage output of their rogue and mage counterparts, thus without taunts holding aggro is a relative impossibility.
Know when to relocate.
In pre-shuyal my expectation of Warriors was they they would hold still to ensure the MOBs crowded up around the tank and he would act as a meat shield to the rogues and mages. In Shuyal, I expect something very different and it takes a great deal of teamwork to be able to pull this off. In Elite Shuyal we (rogues) can indicate a relocation by popping smoke in a different location and the tank moves when he sees we have done so.
Know the boss you’re up against
Know when to use your HOR. Some bosses can One-Hit-Kill your team members and if they die you end up paying the price in additional POT consumption. To help your team out, summon a pet that will protect them when HOR is on cooldown and alternate between the two. Malison is a useful pet to hit right before the windup attacks as well as George. Twist HOR and George and watch how that boss never does any damage to your buddies : )

THIS ^
youre a great tank, if you have these knowledge.
specially knowing your boss.. every boss has patterns... learn them.. study them

ex. Lord Madrom elite - Fire rain every 12-13 s........... HoR cooldown? 15s. ofcourse devs are smart. pot up LOL

baddiva
10-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Only 2.. Don't let yourself die, and don't let your mate die..

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Skaunared
10-23-2013, 12:59 PM
as a warrior, we demand some things from rogues as well

1. Include Shadow Veil in your Skills
2. Use traps
3. DON'T USE BOW WHEN CLEARING MOBS! DAGGERS ARE BETTER! BOWS ARE FOR BOSSES ONLY!

fleshered
10-23-2013, 09:14 PM
one word: tanker