PDA

View Full Version : Build criticism?

BourbonShot
10-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Howdy,

I am a casual gamer (2 jobs + family = not much free time), and I stumbled across AL a few days ago and have been playing here and there since then. I have my sorcerer up to lvl 15 atm, and was looking for some advice to make the most out of the limited time I have in game. I have been reading these boards and respecced a few times to see if anything caught my fancy. I was wondering if I could get some veteran advice about my current setup. I apologize for the lack of a screenshot.
Lvl 15
Str. 41
Health 1036
Dex 17
Bonus 174%
Mana 1620
Damage 53.4
Intel 147
DPS 68.6
Armor 291

Skills:
Fire Ignite/Impact
Light Empowered
Frost Jagged/Shiver
Shield Static/ + extra duration
Time Countdown/Freeze

Pets: Aspen, barney, Flap Jack

It just seems that I am lacking in the OOmpf department. Think I died 10 times today alone (had 10 for all previous 14 levels combined). Also been burning pots like no ones business. I just have items I purchased in game from vendor, mostly giving INT buffs. Looking through a post ( Colton Sorceror) his character was lvl 15 and had a DPS of 130+ and armor near 500. So any advice would be appreciated. I have 40+ plats from free trials and so forth for purchasing upgrades (champion armor?...?)

Sorry this is long winded. I get quite verbose.

keikali
10-17-2013, 06:25 PM
First and foremost, welcome to the forums and the AL Community.

Some quick advice:

1) All stat points into INT
2) Don't sacrifice too much HP for DMG. Look for gear that has both INT and STR and sometimes DEX also.
3) Read this: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?98946-Level-by-Level-Skill-Guide , this is your main Cookie Cutter build for PvE and it works well.
4) Then read this: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?88373-DPS-vs-Damage-a-detailed-comparison , Jay did a great writeup on this comparison and it is definitely worth the read.
5) Don't spend plats on useless items or unnecessary things until you hit your cap level. If you didn't need it those 1-35 levels, you don't need it yet.
6) Take advantage of XP elixirs from Klaas and Shazbot. Purchasable ones with plats are also very useful.
7) Grinding to cap is important, but if you are a NEW player to AL, PLEASE complete the whole storyline campaign. This allows you to understand everything much more. Alot of people don't bother with this and they always miss key items, quests, etc.
8) For pets my current cycling in no order are: Ethyl, Haze, Valkin, Ribbit, Clyde, Wrathjaw, Kettle, Horton

If you have questions feel free to PM me or contact me ingame, check sig. Happy leveling!

Milan Lame Man
10-18-2013, 08:17 AM
8) For pets my current cycling in no order are: Ethyl, Haze, Valkin, Ribbit, Clyde, Wrathjaw, Kettle, Horton
Hehe I love your pet list, all of it. I believe Valkin is a reward for beating Elite Inan'Hesh?

Back to topic, you *absolutely must have* the 70 plat bundle for inventory and auction slots. I waited until lv36 and was actually wearing the armor for some time but perhaps the sooner you buy the bundle, the better. Save your free plat for that.

keikali
10-18-2013, 08:47 AM
The 70 Plat bundle is good mainly for the auction slots and space. Gear is mediocre.