PDA

View Full Version : ***POLL: Feedback on an end-game CTF tournament***

CrimsonTider
10-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Hello everyone,

After speaking to several individuals over the last few weeks, I am looking for feedback on a new end-game CTF tournament. Below, I will post a few options for the community to provide feedback on before I make my final decision. Please take into consideration gear will be class specific, and Elite rings and Founder's Helms will be banned. When you vote, simply state which option you would like to see. If you post a suggestion, criticism, or what not, it will be ignored. Here are the options:

Option #1:

5v5 CTF Tournament, ANY Class. This is the "traditional" tournament, consisting of teams made up of 5 players from any class.

Option #2:

5v5 CTF Tournament, limited class. A lot like the Option #1, however, the use of classes will be limited to a certain number. For example: Only 2 of one class can be used.

Option #3:

5v5 CTF Tournament, all-class only. This will be a tournament where each team has to consist of one of each class in PL. In other words, each team will have a mage, bear, bird, rhino, and fox.

Option #4:

5v5 CTF Tournament, 2h weapons only. This one is pretty simple, any class can be used and must consist of 2h weapons.

Option #5:

3v3 CTF Tournament, ANY class. This is another considered "traditional." Each team can have as many of one class as they wish.

Option #6:

3v3 CTF Tournament, all class. Same as the 5v5 stated above, three players with three separate classes represented on each team.

Option #7

3v3 CTF Tournament, 2h weapon tournament. In this tournament, only 2h weapons will be allowed, and 1 of each of the three attribute "classes" must be used. For example: 1 bear, 1 bird, 1 mage, or 1 rhino, 1 fox, 1 mage.

There is going to be a twist to the tournament which I will not release until the actual tournament is organized. Remember, when you vote, only state the option you prefer.

Example: I respond to this thread and simply state, "Option 1."

Thank you for your input and thanks to all for the kind words and support in-game and on forums.

superme
10-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Option 3

Nihiliste
10-17-2013, 08:25 PM
I vote Option 6.

Y O L O
10-17-2013, 08:33 PM
Option 5

IGN Storm
10-17-2013, 09:02 PM
Option 6

Cheenivie
10-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Option 5

Trenton
10-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Option 3

Multibird
10-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Option 2

Delphina
10-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Poll added

Roberto077
10-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Poll added

Nuuuu. I'm on my ipod :(

Faliziaga
10-18-2013, 04:10 AM
Voted option 6

Pvpandctf
10-18-2013, 04:57 AM
Option 2

BlueSkied
10-18-2013, 06:25 AM
Option 2.

Extreme
10-18-2013, 07:02 AM
Option 2.

XghostzX
10-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Option 5, but all is fun

angeldawn
10-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Option 2!!
Would love to see another 5v5.

Please don't make the twist be it all have to be in the same guild >.<

Thanks Crims

Multibird
10-18-2013, 09:50 PM
Option 2!!

Thanks Crims
Totally

XghostzX
10-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Option 2!!

Thanks Crims

Just consider the amount of scheduling and frustration it would take to make one game nowadays!

angeldawn
10-18-2013, 11:21 PM
Just consider the amount of scheduling and frustration it would take to make one game nowadays!

So many ppl have Kik or their friends phone numbers. Have 2 Alts. Schedule a time. If they don't show. DQ.

We need 5v5. It's been forever.

Extreme
10-18-2013, 11:21 PM

With my Uncle, crim all things r possible ;D

SayCreed
10-19-2013, 05:18 AM
With my Uncle, crim all things r possible ;D

GL CrimsonTider with future tourney

gison
10-19-2013, 06:47 AM
"Elite rings and founder helms are banned"

Thank you. Now the fights are fair :)

CrimsonTider
10-19-2013, 09:35 AM
Thanks for voting, everyone. I am not creating this yet so please ask players who are not regular to the forums to come vote.

Also, please keep posts to only voting. Thanks.

XghostzX
10-19-2013, 11:11 PM
So many ppl have Kik or their friends phone numbers. Have 2 Alts. Schedule a time. If they don't show. DQ.

We need 5v5. It's been forever.

Trust me, I've hosted a few unsuccessful 5v5 tournaments in the past because either:

A.) Not enough players use the forums from in game to keep up with scheduling.

B.) Time zones throw everything off. For every player that you add into the match, the more difficult it is.

The only reason I can recall the first 5v5 CTF tournament ever working was because the game was pretty new, still. It didn't have a relatively global impact, so scheduling was easy. Unfortunately, it's more difficult now with the world-wide players.

Does that mean I discourage 5v5 CTF matches? Of course not, in fact, I'd love to have one over any type of tournament. It's just that STS doesn't have any tools for organization in game (i.e. a universal in-game clock that all players can use as a reference, or perhaps a mailing system for players that don't use forums as much.)

CrimsonTider
10-19-2013, 11:41 PM
Trust me, I've hosted a few unsuccessful 5v5 tournaments in the past because either:

A.) Not enough players use the forums from in game to keep up with scheduling.

B.) Time zones throw everything off. For every player that you add into the match, the more difficult it is.

The only reason I can recall the first 5v5 CTF tournament ever working was because the game was pretty new, still. It didn't have a relatively global impact, so scheduling was easy. Unfortunately, it's more difficult now with the world-wide players.

Does that mean I discourage 5v5 CTF matches? Of course not, in fact, I'd love to have one over any type of tournament. It's just that STS doesn't have any tools for organization in game (i.e. a universal in-game clock that all players can use as a reference, or perhaps a mailing system for players that don't use forums as much.)

Erase please. Thanks.

Lexlyde
10-20-2013, 01:59 AM
I don't PvP endgame but option 2 sounds funnier. Also imo in 2h weapons fight, birds and mages would have a huge advantage.

Extreme
10-20-2013, 03:51 AM
Erase please. Thanks.

Uncle, will this be per guild?

Cheenivie
10-20-2013, 08:01 AM
I don't PvP endgame but option 2 sounds funnier. Also imo in 2h weapons fight, birds and mages would have a huge advantage.

You'd be suprised what a 2hand sword can do...

dudetus
10-20-2013, 09:51 AM
Edit out of respect towards OP.

Multibird
10-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Agreed. IMO the only tourny which would work, would be 1v1 any class/build/gear end game pvp tourny. Ppl are nowadays so strict about their own schedules and can't manage to make things work as a group. Not saying there weren't ppl who can make things happen, I'm just saying that there are lotsa players who rly can't play but will enter no matter about the warnings u give until they are erased from tourny. Coming from a guy who played last PL tourny match at 2.30 AM and was getting up at 6 AM for lectures in last tourny.

I won't be entering if u r going to make a tourny as Ik I won't have enough time to partisipate. But if u r going through with this Crim, I want u to know that I am at ur disposal if u want me to help with something.

And again, I have nothing against 3v3 or 5v5 tournies. Just in my opinion and own experiences about few past tournies a 1v1 all class mayhem would be one of the few games which would be easy to maintain as an organizer.

Erase please. Thanks.
AHEM

CrimsonTider
10-20-2013, 12:16 PM
No offense people, but I strictly requested this thread to NOT be about discussion. Time to have it locked up as I have made up my mind. Maybe....

Multibird
10-20-2013, 07:04 PM
No offense people, but I strictly requested this thread to NOT be about discussion. Time to have it locked up as I have made up my mind. Maybe....

so we can expect an endgame tournament coming soon?