PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming L36 CTF Tournament: Participators Count!

Zeus
10-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Hello,

I will be soon hosting a L36 developer sponsored tournament with possible PvP specific banners and platinum as rewards to the winners.

The reason why I am making this thread is I would like to know how many players are interested in participating. If you are interest, please post here. Why? This will help me determine the expected bracket size of this tournament.

To see potential tournament rules, please see this post:

Here's a teaser of tournament rules!

Tournament Rules:
• A team leader may have no more than 2 of the same class on his team.
• Before starting the match, each team must regroup into ONE spawn that is directly across from where the other team's spawn location is.
• Before starting the match, one player of each team must go near the enemy's spawn to insure that no team member is attempting to get a head start. (Yes, these team members that go explore are technically the only players that are allowed a head start)
• No vanities may be warn.
• No trash talking during the entire time the tournament is taking place may occur. If any team player is found to be trash talking or behaving non-sportsmanlike, they will be disqualified and the team will not be allowed to sub in another player.
• A team is allowed to have 1 sub, but that sub may not qualify to play if there is 2 of the same class active in the team.
• Opposing teams facing each other MUST agree on a time & date to play. This must be done within 2 days of knowing who your opposing team is.
• If a team does not meet on the time & date specified, they will be disqualified. (Under special circumstances, I will allow ONE re-trial to successfully meet up). If this means that team players have to stay up at a time inconvenient to them, so be it. There are sacrifices one must make for developer sponsored tournaments.
• A screenshot of an agreeing time and date for each match-up must be posted AND PM'd to Apollo
• If a team member goes AFK, it is up to the other team to decide wether to wait or not. However, sportsmanship and common courtesy will be appreciated.
• Any drama/situations/disagreements once the tournament is in session must be PM'd to me. If any posts are made on the tournament thread, it will result in that player dropping out of the tournament.
• There may be no more than 2 stun pets on one team. This tournament will require variation.
• Arcane pets will be allowed, but no more than 2 arcane pets will be allowed on the team.
• Arcane weapons will be allowed.
• Mythic items will be allowed.
• Only 1 arcane rarity item is allowed to be equipped. Meaning, if one has a Maul of Ollerus and Samael, they will have to choose which one to use.
• Every team must have at least ONE non-mythic player (Non-mythic = No mythic helm, armor, or weapon).
• Spawning or blocking off an opposing team's entrance will result in the entire team's automatic disqualification.
• One cannot downgrade mythic gears in order to qualify for the one non-mythic player. I know who most of you mythic players are, so please don't try to sneak around this requirement.
• You must post the team you are registering with on the tournament thread and specify which player will be the non-mythic player.

• ANY RULES BROKEN MUST BE PROVEN WITH EVIDENCE OR THEY WILL BE CONSIDERED NULL.

Note: These rules are subject to change at any time, but let me know how these sounds. Please, constructive criticism only! If there is any add-ons, let me know.

If anyone would like me to add any rules as well, please suggest them & I will do so.

P.S:

It will be appreciated if your team is on similar time-zones as that is a benefit to you. Why? If they are not able to make it online on the scheduled date, then I cannot do anything about it.

Azepeiete
10-17-2013, 09:10 PM
I suggest you remove the "one non mythic player rule". Just kinda a random rule with no real purpose.

Zeus
10-17-2013, 09:11 PM
I suggest you remove the "one non mythic player rule". Just kinda a random rule with no real purpose.

It's there to allow non-mythic players a chance to participate in the tournament as well. Otherwise, we simply will not have enough players for a decent-sized bracket as just one team takes up 5-6 players, depending on if the team has a sub or not.

Azepeiete
10-17-2013, 09:16 PM
I see. Still think it should be optional. We all know that person on the team is going to be a full mythic player downgrading just for the tournament. Good idea in theory, but it's gonna go to waste.

Zeus
10-17-2013, 09:19 PM
I see. Still think it should be optional. We all know that person on the team is going to be a full mythic player downgrading just for the tournament. Good idea in theory, but it's gonna go to waste.

Perhaps, but I'd like to urge players not to do that and just spread out the teams. Otherwise, there will be an issue with brackets and there simply will not be enough players to host the tournament.

Instanthumor
10-17-2013, 10:02 PM
Personally, I'd love these kind of tournaments, but I would rather participate in a 2v2 or 3v3 tourney. Just saying, because last time when Delphina hosted one, I was a bit late to register and couldn't participate.
And as aze was saying, I agree. Some full mythic/arcane is just gunna get full legendary gear for this tourney. Usually, full mythic people are friends with other full mythic people, and not really those non mythics ones, so in that case, I really wouldn't do that. But I love that rule, as a non mythic player. Even though, I appreciate you, Apollo, in doing these things for the community, competitions are much needed.

Zeus
10-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Personally, I'd love these kind of tournaments, but I would rather participate in a 2v2 or 3v3 tourney. Just saying, because last time when Delphina hosted one, I was a bit late to register and couldn't participate.
And as aze was saying, I agree. Some full mythic/arcane is just gunna get full legendary gear for this tourney. Usually, full mythic people are friends with other full mythic people, and not really those non mythics ones, so in that case, I really wouldn't do that. But I love that rule, as a non mythic player. Even though, I appreciate you, Apollo, in doing these things for the community, competitions are much needed.

Then I'll also add in a rule stating that one cannot downgrade gears to fill in a spot. I do not want this to be a mythics only tournament for reasons I have stated above. There simply isn't enough players to do a mythics only tournament.

Instanthumor
10-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Then I'll also add in a rule stating that one cannot downgrade gears to fill in a spot. I do not want this to be a mythics only tournament for reasons I have stated above. There simply isn't enough players to do a mythics only tournament.

And how will you justify that?

Cero
10-17-2013, 10:13 PM
spawn killing might be avoided but blocking might not.
I've played an actual ctf once and we pushed them at their spawn entrance killing their teamates while others are rushing back.
also we all know that some are runners who rans back to spawn, might see it as spawn killing.

Zeus
10-17-2013, 10:34 PM
And how will you justify that?

I know most players who are mythic players. Also, if somebody is just a mythic bow, then of course, I will not count them as downgrading.

Also, anyone who knows that a person is a mythic player and is being assigned a non-mythic role should speak up.

@Cero
If they run back, you may kill them. I'm relying on team sportsmanship for this. Of course, everything in a tournament cannot be regulated so it's my request that players have sportsmanship.

I'll also add a rule that one may not run back into the spawn for cover. Why? This could lead to flag abuse, if somebody is trying to save the flag by going into a spawn where their teammate just respawned and has an invulnerability shield.

Taejo
10-17-2013, 10:37 PM
EDIT: Sorry can't form a team this round.

Instanthumor
10-17-2013, 10:52 PM
@Cero
If they run back, you may kill them. I'm relying on team sportsmanship for this. Of course, everything in a tournament cannot be regulated so it's my request that players have sportsmanship.

I'll also add a rule that one may not run back into the spawn for cover. Why? This could lead to flag abuse, if somebody is trying to save the flag by going into a spawn where their teammate just respawned and has an invulnerability shield.

And how will you justify that too? What if the opposing team has a video of you spawn-killing and frames you, and you say that you were just doing as what Cero had mentioned above. Then what happens? Since the allied team has no evidence that they werent spawn-killing, what would happen then?

Zeus
10-17-2013, 11:12 PM
And how will you justify that too? What if the opposing team has a video of you spawn-killing and frames you, and you say that you were just doing as what Cero had mentioned above. Then what happens? Since the allied team has no evidence that they werent spawn-killing, what would happen then?

A spawn kill wouldn't be just one kill, it would be multiple.

If players don't have integrity and need me to generate a rule for every possible scenario, what is the point of a tournament? Remember, if ANY drama does occur, it will not only result in no more tournaments, but it also will not allow any rewards for that tournament or any possible PvP exclusive rewards in the future.

It's up to tournament participators if they want to ruin it for everyone. Also, those that are known for causing drama in previous tournaments will be kept a close eye on.

Again, if the opposing team just has a picture or video of you killing someone in spawn, that's inconclusive as more than one situation could happen. However, if there is video of somebody entering the spawn, while the other teammates still have orbs, then it is different.

Instanthumor
10-17-2013, 11:14 PM
A spawn kill wouldn't be just one kill, it would be multiple.

If players don't have integrity and need me to generate a rule for every possible scenario, what is the point of a tournament? Remember, if ANY drama does occur, it will not only result in no more tournaments, but it also will not allow any rewards for that tournament or any possible PvP exclusive rewards in the future.

It's up to tournament participators if they want to ruin it for everyone. Also, those that are known for causing drama in previous tournaments will be kept a close eye on.

Again, if the opposing team just has a picture or video of you killing someone in spawn, that's inconclusive as more than one situation could happen. However, if there is video of somebody entering the spawn, while the other teammates still have orbs, then it is different.

Then again, this tourney is mainly for the mythic people, who are greedy, somewhat selfish, corrupted, etc. Ethics, morals, and integrity has no value in these situations when there's a big prize for the winners.

Zeus
10-17-2013, 11:19 PM
Then again, this tourney is mainly for the mythic people, who are greedy, somewhat selfish, corrupted, etc. Ethics, morals, and integrity has no value in these situations when there's a big prize for the winners.

And they can either follow the rules or be disqualified from any future tournaments, which would mean that they would forever lose their chance at gaining exclusive PvP items. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be that dumb. :)

P.S: Not all mythic players are greedy. However, those that are known for causing drama will be kept a close eye on.

I've already made a strict rule for no drama, which I will be enforcing regardless if they are my friend or not. If there is drama, PM me, Taejo, or Delphina and we will try to sort it out. Any evidence should also be given to us and NOT posted in the thread.

kharmel
10-17-2013, 11:26 PM
Nice upcoming event appollo...:) flaw i can see is the timezone...and the duration of the tournament...finding a team with same timezone and the availbality of all players in one team is very hard..how much more if u finalized a big bracket like 16 or32 teams....even eight teams would be hard...but with great effort and cooperation..can do this..
>like last time, the two vs two tourney hosted by delphina, due to long hours of waiting,almost three hours,some in different timezones with unexpected reasons,family affairs and tiredness might fall asleep thus ends up disqualified(im one of it that was dq..lols)
> keeping the long waiting waiting hours of three or four members in one team might end up all disqualified if unexpected reasons turn in..but anyways...just dont participate if someone presumed of this unexpected reason..but how would we know if its unexpected..
>anyways goodluck and its good for the community..

Zeus
10-17-2013, 11:33 PM
Nice upcoming event appollo...:) flaw i can see is the timezone...and the duration of the tournament...finding a team with same timezone and the availbality of all players in one team is very hard..how much more if u finalized a big bracket like 16 or32 teams....even eight teams would be hard...but with great effort and cooperation..can do this..
>like last time, the two vs two tourney hosted by delphina, due to long hours of waiting,almost three hours,some in different timezones with unexpected reasons,family affairs and tiredness might fall asleep thus ends up disqualified(im one of it that was dq..lols)
> keeping the long waiting waiting hours of three or four members in one team might end up all disqualified if unexpected reasons turn in..but anyways...just dont participate if someone presumed of this unexpected reason..but how would we know if its unexpected..
>anyways goodluck and its good for the community..

Which is why I said it was wise to pick players in the same time-zone as you as well as perhaps find an additional way to contact outside of game, like Kik. Also, agreeing on a time to meet up with your teammates is the way to go. If the other team doesn't show up, your team advances.

If both teams show up with missing players, they play with that amount of players.

Also, that's why you are allowed one sub to help with the timezone difference.

Speedofsound
10-18-2013, 12:02 AM
I would be interested in participating depending on time span

Avaree
10-18-2013, 12:17 AM
C.U. Will be watching for further information :)

Zeus
10-18-2013, 12:49 AM
I would be interested in participating depending on time span

The tournament should most likely last 2 weeks at most. I am thinking a 6 team bracket will be plenty.

thortillos
10-18-2013, 02:49 AM
I would like to participate.

kharmel
10-18-2013, 03:01 AM
What is the goal of this tournament to win? If its CTF, then first team score 5 wins right?
Is it 4 vs 4 CTF, then two are referees?
>If it is, then ganging ,spawn killing and blocking of opponents team member should be allowed. That is all included in the team tactics.
The only thing to do with the referree is to ensure some rules are followed,like no trashtalking. AND foremost, say "are all teams ready?GOOO" Then wait who score 5 wins.
> And btw, How would someone monitor and filter if everyone using the right equipments all the time during the ctf? I mean how? Coz referees might interrupt the fight. (Sugestion- no equipment filtering coz IMO it would be too hard to monitor that during the fight without disrupting the fight). IMO

Linkincena
10-18-2013, 03:15 AM
Count me in Apollo...

Alhuntrazeck
10-18-2013, 05:17 AM
I'm in! Will this be a 5v5?

iluvataris
10-18-2013, 05:29 AM
Everything sounds great, Alot of fun.
I hope everyone can behave (crosses Fingers)

Also I'm having trouble understanding "one cannot downgrade gears to fill in a spot"
we are limited on gear but cannot downgrade? Mind going into it a little more for clarification?

Nonetheless Sounds Awesome! Also sounds like alot of work : / Really appreciate it Apollo and STG

Edit: also Maybe a plan for STG in the future, 1 or 2 spectator spots on either team.
Maybe the spectator could run around but couldn't be attacked. Maybe he could be a bit transparent.
IMO would be fun to watch some commentated games hehe.

Soundlesskill
10-18-2013, 05:53 AM
The goal is to get 5 flags correct?

Also, a full mythic player can downgrade to legendary gear and participate as the non-mythic player?

Soundlesskill
10-18-2013, 06:02 AM
Added:

If it's meant to be capture 5 flags as fast as you can and a no ganging rule, 1 teammate could simply run off and be like "NO GANG", grab the flag and score.

inkredible
10-18-2013, 08:47 AM
since hardek isnt around.

Ipredator, u have no choice, il be ur partner.. my lover.

Aziiii
10-18-2013, 08:48 AM

Be hisss loverrr :D

Zeus
10-18-2013, 09:11 AM
Added:

If it's meant to be capture 5 flags as fast as you can and a no ganging rule, 1 teammate could simply run off and be like "NO GANG", grab the flag and score.

Ganging is classified as unfair teams, IMO. If the player strands away from the team, it was his own decision and risk that landed him in that situation and no mercy will be shown.

@Kharmel
This is a fair play tournament. If you want to spawn or block off opposing teams, I suggest y'all find another tournament. That is a rule that I am going to remain firm on and will not be changing.

As for the downgrading of gear, one will be not allowed to downgrade to non-mythics if they own more than just a mythic weapon. To those planning to circumvent this rule, keep in mind that I know a good majority of player's gear and will not hesitate to DQ from this tournament or any other developer sponsored tournaments, so, don't take the risk.

Lastly, as for the gear swapping, that's a risk that will result in the whole team being disqualified if caught. There will be no repeal for that & the specific team members guilty will not be allowed in future tournaments. It's quite easy to determine if there's more gear being used than allowed. Why? One will have to specify which players are his non-mythic players, which players will be the mythic players, and which players will be the arcane players. Please, don't take the risk...as I really will not like DQ-ing a team due to breaking the rules. I am sure that all of you are skilled enough to win a tournament fairly.

As for the brackets, it seems we may have enough for only 3-4 teams. So, I was thinking of a 3v3 or 4v4 double elimination. Does that sound alright?

Ravager
10-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Added:

Ganging is classified as unfair teams, IMO. If the player strands away from the team, it was his own decision and risk that landed him in that situation and no mercy will be shown.

@Kharmel
This is a fair play tournament. If you want to spawn or block off opposing teams, I suggest y'all find another tournament. That is a rule that I am going to remain firm on and will not be changing.

As for the downgrading of gear, one will be not allowed to downgrade to non-mythics if they own more than just a mythic weapon. To those planning to circumvent this rule, keep in mind that I know a good majority of player's gear and will not hesitate to DQ from this tournament or any other developer sponsored tournaments, so, don't take the risk.

Lastly, as for the gear swapping, that's a risk that will result in the whole team being disqualified if caught. There will be no repeal for that & the specific team members guilty will not be allowed in future tournaments. It's quite easy to determine if there's more gear being used than allowed. Why? One will have to specify which players are his non-mythic players, which players will be the mythic players, and which players will be the arcane players. Please, don't take the risk...as I really will not like DQ-ing a team due to breaking the rules. I am sure that all of you are skilled enough to win a tournament fairly.

As for the brackets, it seems we may have enough for only 3-4 teams. So, I was thinking of a 3v3 or 4v4 double elimination. Does that sound alright?

So I cant go in as a legendary warrior?

Zeus
10-18-2013, 09:39 AM

What's your IGN? If it is what I think it is & you have more than 1 mythic item prior to this tournament, no, you cannot go in as a legendary warrior.

Ravager
10-18-2013, 09:54 AM

What's your IGN? If it is what I think it is & you have more than 1 mythic item prior to this tournament, no, you cannot go in as a legendary warrior.

But i can create a 36 legendary warrior alt in 1 or 2 days. I think this rule is awkward and should be reconsidered. Being full legendary is handicap enough.

Cero
10-18-2013, 10:04 AM
[/QUOTE]
As for the brackets, it seems we may have enough for only 3-4 teams. So, I was thinking of a 3v3 or 4v4 double elimination. Does that sound alright?[/QUOTE]

no more ctf?

iluvataris
10-18-2013, 10:04 AM
O ic i missed the team must have a non mythic player part. So full mythic is welcome?

kharmel
10-18-2013, 11:37 AM

@Kharmel

That is literally not my point,im merely suggesting..coz there is non stated what is the tourney all about...i would love to join fair games...my question is,
1. How to win this tourney?
2. Is it ctf race to 5 wins?
Some would not know me but others know that i know what is ctf is all about...u want to know real ctf? U can check it.out in dark legends..
Coz if its a ctf, all strategy must be there, who and when to protect the flag,who and when to capture the flag..how many will defend and how many will attack..too many strategies to do..
Those blocking,spawning and everything is a tactic...it might backfire also to the one doing it coz if it takes to win is to score a flag,then both are sacrificing member...
> if ur have rules like no ganging or everything,ur dictating how the game flows...meaning, we play ctf,let them regroup after clash...then suddenly team wants to get the flag and one enemy is there...so basically,dont attack him coz its ganging?
> so the tourney will be,clash,regroup,clash regroup? Avoid if enemy is alone...
>im merely suggesting, people might know who play ctf on other sts games...

BUT if the tourney is like 4vs 4 or 3vs 3...clash and which team with last man standing,then disregard my opinion stated above..
I want it to be successful tourney so im just stating my view in this..

keikali
10-18-2013, 12:10 PM
When is this tourney going to be hosted? Weekday? Weekend?

Have to account for time zone differences etc.

I'd be interested Parth.

Zeus
10-18-2013, 12:25 PM
As for the brackets, it seems we may have enough for only 3-4 teams. So, I was thinking of a 3v3 or 4v4 double elimination. Does that sound alright?[/QUOTE]

no more ctf?[/QUOTE]

It's 3v3 or 4v4 double elimination CTF.

@Kei, it will most likely start 1-2 weeks from now on a Friday once the prizes are created. After that, there will be deadlines for each match up (They'll be given 2-4 days to complete a match & must specify an allotted time and date to meet up).

Zeus
10-18-2013, 01:08 PM
But i can create a 36 legendary warrior alt in 1 or 2 days. I think this rule is awkward and should be reconsidered. Being full legendary is handicap enough.

Find ways to go around the rules and it'll result in you and your entire team being disqualified. It's up to you, as there are ways to verify which I'm not going to disclose.

Why your entire team? Let's face it, they probably know who your alt is. This is not only going to be a tournament of wealth. Unless, of course, players would prefer me to implement an elite legendary only rule. Whichever one works for me. Keep in mind that I'm also full mythic and arcane. Since there will be exclusive tournament related rewards, I insist on everyone having a fighting chance.

Zeus
10-18-2013, 01:17 PM
If y'all want a full mythic tournament, I'm going to need a favor. Everyone who is interested in participating needs to post here so I can accurately see if there will be enough players to do that sort of tournament. If there isn't, this rule will remain.

The reason why the rule is there is that I'm looking for at least 4+ teams. Otherwise, it is not even a tournament.

@Cero, it is CTF, I just mixed my words up. 4+ teams will be going against each other in double elimination.

smokind
10-18-2013, 01:37 PM
yay

Drearivev
10-18-2013, 01:47 PM
I should try to cap...just really lazy :p

inkredible
10-18-2013, 01:53 PM
• Only 1 arcane rarity item is allowed to be equipped. Meaning, if one has a Maul of Ollerus and Samael, they will have to choose which one to use.
• Every team must have at least ONE non-mythic player.
"one non-mythic player" also mean no arcane weapon right

id prefer all full mythic since most end game players have that now..
but if we got too many complainers
i wouldnt mind wearing legendary.. no vanity allowed
as for mythic amulets.. legendary pinks are same or better than mythics..
so i suggest u make an exception for mythic amulets and rings

this "non mythic" should be associated with armor and helm and weapon only..
so really just say no vanity .. it be really obvious if someone switch

Zeus
10-18-2013, 02:00 PM
• Every team must have at least ONE non-mythic player.
"one non-mythic player" also mean no arcane weapon? or it can have arcane maul, pink gears

id prefer all full mythic since most end game players have that now..
but if we got too many complainers
i wouldnt mind wearing legendary..

It's not about complainers, Ink. The issue is, since this is a CTF tourney, 1 team will gobble up 5-6 players. Also, in order for it to be a successful tournament, I will need 4+ teams. So, unless you can show proof to me that 20-30 players that are mythics ARE interested in participating in this tournament, this rule remains.

Also, expect the official thread with tournament sign up to be posted in 2-3 days. So, everybody, get your teams ready!

P.S: I am looking for a team as well, so to those interested in having me, PM me!

inkredible
10-18-2013, 02:01 PM
It's not about complainers, Ink. The issue is, since this is a CTF tourney, 1 team will gobble up 5-6 players. Also, in order for it to be a successful tournament, I will need 4+ teams. So, unless you can show proof to me that 20-30 players that are mythics ARE interested in participating in this tournament, this rule remains.

Also, expect the official thread with tournament sign up to be posted in 2-3 days. So, everybody, get your teams ready!

P.S: I am looking for a team as well, so to those interested in having me, PM me!

i edited my post about gear

Drearivev
10-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Did you say hiding helm is also not allowed? If you didn't, you should.

Soundlesskill
10-18-2013, 02:06 PM
How can you participate if you're the host? That is a bit unfair.

inkredible
10-18-2013, 02:09 PM

hmm he shouldnt participate if hes the host..
just because the - team - matching might be a bit unfair or cheated lets say..

he shuffled it.. and then realized hes against DM players (ipred hali, me, venom).. then shuffled it again bec he doesnt wanna be againsts us...
i trust apollo, i know he wouldnt do that - but thats just pointing out other peoples thoughts.. since 2v2 tourny

unless a dev is involve or mod.. say delphina taking care of bracket then its fine for him to participate

Solid
10-18-2013, 02:11 PM
I would participate

Samdegreat
10-18-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm in!!! Lol u know me I have no arcane items... Only mythic armour :)

If you want me on your team pm me
IGN-samdegreat

GoodSyntax
10-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Thanks Apollo for remembering those who do not have Mythics!

As much as I would like to join in, I simply cannot commit to being anywhere at a particular time, but if there is anything that I can do to assist, give me a shout. If I can contribute gold or inventory to ensure success here, it's yours, just say the word.

It is quite the undertaking to set up a tournament like this, so +1 for the entire endeavor - I hope it goes smoothly!

Zeus
10-18-2013, 02:24 PM

How is it unfair?

I have taken into account that situation & set aside a co-host for situations that involve me. Why? It is not right for me to make a judgement call if I am facing a specific team. So, in regards to that, the people that will be making decisions for rounds that I am involved in will be Taejo or Delphina.

Zeus
10-18-2013, 02:27 PM
hmm he shouldnt participate if hes the host..
just because the - team - matching might be a bit unfair or cheated lets say..

he shuffled it.. and then realized hes against DM players (ipred hali, me, venom).. then shuffled it again bec he doesnt wanna be againsts us...
i trust apollo, i know he wouldnt do that - but thats just pointing out other peoples thoughts.. since 2v2 tourny

unless a dev is involve or mod.. say delphina taking care of bracket then its fine for him to participate

Ink, I am hosting the tournament through the forums hosting system. In this system, it auto matches up who will be facing off and will NOT allow me to make another intervention after the first shuffle. So, once I hit the "Start Tournament" button in the hosting system when all slots are filled, it will randomize it ONCE & not allow me the option again.

If anyone would like a video to show how this is done, I gladly will be able to produce that. While I do want to participate, I am taking numerous measures to ensure players know that I will not be rigging anything. One of those measures involves using the forums tournament hosting system. The second one will be removing myself as a judge in matches that involve me. While I know that I can judge it unbiasedly, I do not want to be placed in a situation where players think I am making a decision that favors me & my team.

Is that fine? If it isn't, I will ask Delphina to create the bracket for me and then post the match-up.

keikali
10-18-2013, 02:28 PM

no more ctf?

It's 3v3 or 4v4 double elimination CTF.

@Kei, it will most likely start 1-2 weeks from now on a Friday once the prizes are created. After that, there will be deadlines for each match up (They'll be given 2-4 days to complete a match & must specify an allotted time and date to meet up).

This sounds pretty good. So basically you have a "given" amount of time and you guys don't really set a time where you would have to fight like the previously held one by STS, correct? This makes it much more flexible. I like this. Kudos.

Zeus
10-18-2013, 02:33 PM
i edited my post about gear

I included a rule about no vanities.

@Drearivev I did not, but I will include that in my tournament sign-up thread.

P.S: The rules are subject to change until the tournament has started, so, if anyone has issues with any rules, come to me! I'll either try to explain why I put them in place or add any rules that y'all have to suggest.

Last but not least, when the tournament sign-up thread is posted, please DO NOT sign up if you have no intention of participating. Why? I will not be able to remove the team without developer intervention.

Zeus
10-18-2013, 02:35 PM
This sounds pretty good. So basically you have a "given" amount of time and you guys don't really set a time where you would have to fight like the previously held one by STS, correct? This makes it much more flexible. I like this. Kudos.

Thanks!

Look out for the tournament thread soon! Please, to all participators, read all of the rules before joining. I would hate to DQ somebody just because of a rule being broken. As, IMO, rules should be just set as guidelines, not things that are used to take out a team. However, if the rules are broken, I, or other co-hosts (Taejo/Delphina) unfortunately will have to DQ the team/team-member guilty (depending on the situation). :/

Alrisaia
10-18-2013, 02:51 PM
Myself and some guild mates will be joining up. Thanks Apollo!

Wait - am I fighting? :) If so I guess I can't help Apollo with the referree aspect...

Zeus
10-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Wait - am I fighting? :) If so I guess I can't help Apollo with the referree aspect...

Then, I think in these cases, there should be 3 judges all vote in on one decision. Delphina, me and Taejo. Is there any issues with that?

keikali
10-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Then, I think in these cases, there should be 3 judges all vote in on one decision. Delphina, me and Taejo. Is there any issues with that?

If any of you take real life bribes, its fine by me. If any of you don't then I vote against them.

Venom
10-18-2013, 03:28 PM
I am in..

Venom
10-18-2013, 03:31 PM

Preddy mine XD

TuMadreee
10-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Time to gather a squad :))

Soundlesskill
10-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Taejo hosting and participating not fair either.

Why not let the devs host it if you all are participating anyways?

Xbuddyjosh
10-18-2013, 04:55 PM
I think it would b REALLY fun to do like a ctf match of all legendarily with ONE full mythic player on each team, that would sorta function like a king or a god. He sees his legendary teammates in need of help, and uses his godly powers to save them. I think this would be very fun, and in turn bring more strategy into the match.

inkredible
10-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Preddy mine XD

if its 3v3
its you , me and ipred

if its 4v4
its me you ipred and haligali

Time to gather a squad :))

and i would love to partner up with this guy too ^
its either ipred or tuma

Hinataa
10-18-2013, 05:18 PM
I love u LOL

Zeus
10-18-2013, 05:26 PM
if its 3v3
its you , me and ipred

if its 4v4
its me you ipred and haligali

and i would love to partner up with this guy too ^
its either ipred or tuma

I think you're a little confused. The teams are going to consist of 5 players with one sub. So, as a result, you'll be fighting teams of 5.

Zeus
10-18-2013, 05:31 PM

I highly doubt that a developer will host it and deal with any drama that ensues. It must be from the players sides to do it. Back in PL, we have done tournaments like this before. Samhayne gave me the Tournament & Ladder Leader position back then because I know how to operate a tournament and judge without being biased.

Noisy, I have hosted many tournaments before as well as participated in many. With all due respect, I do know how to run them, complete them, as well as participate in them without being biased in judgement. I also have set many fail-safes against biased judgement.

For decisions, there is going to be 3 different judges: Me, Taejo, and Delphette. Secondly, I will not allow me and Taejo to be on the same team, so there will be no power imbalance.

I promise you, if I have to DQ my own team, I will do so without hesitation. I am not going to be one to stir up drama as this tournament will set a precedent for new developer sponsored tournaments. If this one does not go well, consider PvP exclusive rewards to be merely something that will never happen again.

wowdah
10-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Whoever wants me im in idk when im on tho

inkredible
10-18-2013, 07:11 PM
I think you're a little confused. The teams are going to consist of 5 players with one sub. So, as a result, you'll be fighting teams of 5.

so 5v5? .. how the hell can u judge that if u cant come inside?

Zeus
10-18-2013, 07:57 PM
so 5v5? .. how the hell can u judge that if u cant come inside?

If you read the rules, it's structured in a way where no judge is needed... -_-

PL matches where self judged and played cleanly. I'm sure AL players are capable of the same actions.

wlsgh15
10-18-2013, 10:16 PM
I think putting one of non mythic player is such a good idea.
nice work. but you might need to clearfy more about issues ppl asking about it.

I wanna join if schedule is right for me

if any spot for me feel free to pm me :D better pm. not comment here:)

I am available for non mythic rogue (with no arcane pet) mythic warrior no mythic wep(with Hammerjaw) or mythic mage with gun (with no arcane pet)

thanks!

-ramyunstyle , ramyunking, acehartz-

Ravager
10-18-2013, 10:33 PM
I think putting one of non mythic player is such a good idea.
nice work. but you might need to clearfy more about issues ppl asking about it.

I wanna join if schedule is right for me

if any spot for me feel free to pm me :D better pm. not comment here:)

I am available for non mythic rogue (with no arcane pet) mythic warrior no mythic wep(with Hammerjaw) or mythic mage with gun (with no arcane pet)

thanks!

-ramyunstyle , ramyunking, acehartz-

I agree. I don't like the non-mythic idea. What is against the rules if I want to use of of my legendary alts? I have many alts. Many are 36.

Serancha
10-18-2013, 10:40 PM
One cannot downgrade mythic gears in order to qualify for the one non-mythic player. I know who most of you mythic players are, so please don't try to sneak around this requirement.

Is there a reason for this rule? If a player wants to give up their mythics to participate, then I don't understand why they can not be allowed to. Let them prove they have the skills to play with legendary gear, as well as they can with their mythics.

Also, many legendary geared players avoid pvp as they feel they are outgunned in the arena, so are lacking experience. Many I know spend their time farming PVE to save up for the mythics they feel are needed to participaate in PVP. Finding those who want to join, and have experience in pvp, yet don't have any mythic gear so don't need to downgrade is going to be difficult. Most people have at least one item of mythic at this point, whether it is a bow, ring, or amulet.

wlsgh15
10-18-2013, 11:25 PM
I agree. I don't like the non-mythic idea. What is against the rules if I want to use of of my legendary alts? I have many alts. Many are 36.

yeah once people recognized someone have mythics, then it against the rule is not make sense for me. thats why i put myself to prove
lol

Valkiryas
10-19-2013, 01:53 AM
I'm In...!!

If someone want I join to ur team this is my Equipemen...

* Mythic Bow

* Mythic Helm

* Mythic Armor

* Archon ring or Mythic Ring IDK

* Mythic Amulet

PET : Malison

I don't have team now but I'll be glad if you want I join to ur team n.n

VanRah
10-19-2013, 02:48 AM
Does this mean that the non mythic player will be targeted by all the others mythic n arcane players? -.-

Alhuntrazeck
10-19-2013, 05:10 AM
Also, many legendary geared players avoid pvp as they feel they are outgunned in the arena, so are lacking experience. Many I know spend their time farming PVE to save up for the mythics they feel are needed to participaate in PVP. Finding those who want to join, and have experience in pvp, yet don't have any mythic gear so don't need to downgrade is going to be difficult. Most people have at least one item of mythic at this point, whether it is a bow, ring, or amulet.

Some people DO play without mythics. IMHO, being a 0 mythic player fighting people having gear several Stat points higher than yours is a great challenge. I have no mythics (which I plan to remedy soon by farming - this season isn't very hospitable to non-mythic users!) and PvP is very fun. I have killed my fair share of mythic rogues in 1v1 (and died as many times)...but that's off-topic.

I like this rule. It gives people a chance to play without gear they cant afford - and who would want to run with a non-mythic player and ruin their chances of winning?

katish
10-19-2013, 06:01 AM
Nice i want in :)

I'll respec for this lol

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk

Amazonina
10-19-2013, 06:41 AM
Lets do this!

Bless
10-19-2013, 08:57 AM
Bs...I can't enter...GL to the other brothers

Ravager
10-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Does this mean that the non mythic player will be targeted by all the others mythic n arcane players? -.-

No need. Legendaries will die without being targetted from splash damage and aoe damage on their own.

Alfai
10-19-2013, 10:06 AM
tq for taking the initiative and time/effort to put this up.i know it must be time consuming to organize a huge event like this and sacrifice so much personal time for all of us.

just my humble opinion. PVP tourney will have some spices and drama despite the best we could to avoid it. take last season for example.

hosting a tourney as a player might cause biasness whether you intend or not. as we all know among the players theres always favourites.friends where its very hard to resist the temptation of not being courteous or "nice".
i do have doubt why dev as the third party do not step forward to host this.if drama is the main cause of why this lie in the players hand i found it very amusing as among players its very hard not manage among ourselves. the outcome might be seen as bias, whether its true or not it doesnt really matter. in PVP, here lies the drama.

Not to question or discourage your role to step up and spearhead this but when we ourselves competing in such environment the objective may not be met.

Tho I have questions bout the gears and mechanic of the tourney this time i feel i have no constructive suggestion to share as its hard to foresee the outcome.

nevertheless good luck to those who are participating. may the fight remain clean and good.

:)

Zeus
10-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Is there a reason for this rule? If a player wants to give up their mythics to participate, then I don't understand why they can not be allowed to. Let them prove they have the skills to play with legendary gear, as well as they can with their mythics.

The rule exists because I want the full mythic players to be spread out throughout the teams. Why? The entire reason this rule exists is because there is not enough full mythic players. We all know if this rule didn't exist, there would be 2-3 teams with full mythc and the other teams would be bottom-feed. This tournament is not designed to be an easy way to earn rewards for those who have had the privilege to utilize full mythic gear.

However, due to much controversy, when I create the tournament thread, I will not be implementing this rule. If there is not enough decent teams for a full size tournament, then this rule will be re-established. Why? After much thought, players are simply not going to follow this rule honestly. So, instead of causing unnecessary DQs, I'll see how the tournament fills up without this rule.

Keep an eye out for a tournament thread appearing today!

Zeus
10-19-2013, 10:39 AM
tq for taking the initiative and time/effort to put this up.i know it must be time consuming to organize a huge event like this and sacrifice so much personal time for all of us.

just my humble opinion. PVP tourney will have some spices and drama despite the best we could to avoid it. take last season for example.

hosting a tourney as a player might cause biasness whether you intend or not. as we all know among the players theres always favourites.friends where its very hard to resist the temptation of not being courteous or "nice".
i do have doubt why dev as the third party do not step forward to host this.if drama is the main cause of why this lie in the players hand i found it very amusing as among players its very hard not manage among ourselves. the outcome might be seen as bias, whether its true or not it doesnt really matter. in PVP, here lies the drama.

Not to question or discourage your role to step up and spearhead this but when we ourselves competing in such environment the objective may not be met.

Tho I have questions bout the gears and mechanic of the tourney this time i feel i have no constructive suggestion to share as its hard to foresee the outcome.

nevertheless good luck to those who are participating. may the fight remain clean and good.

I have created such detailed rules so that those who are judging can only judge based off of the rules available. With these rules, they can only make a decision by providing one of these rules as reason for their judgement. So, anyb

Soundlesskill
10-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Who allowed a banner handed out -_- if there was no such thing, I would not compete. Blah.

Zeus
10-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Who allowed a banner handed out -_- if there was no such thing, I would not compete. Blah.

I asked Sam for PvP exclusive rewards. :)

Avshow
10-19-2013, 12:10 PM
why not have a non-mythic competition...so that everyone has the chance and more fair, and easy to arrange. Also I believe all the mythic players can afford legendary gears easily

Zeus
10-19-2013, 12:11 PM
why not have a non-mythic competition...so that everyone has the chance and more fair, and easy to arrange. Also I believe all the mythic players can afford legendary gears easily

Interested competitors, let me know who is interested in this.

Avshow
10-19-2013, 12:49 PM
I think lots are interested if they can afford full mythic gear. The biggest problem is cash issue,but not interested or not

Avshow
10-19-2013, 12:50 PM
also....better make this competition near the end of the season so much more will have mythic at that time.

Zeus
10-19-2013, 01:14 PM
I think lots are interested if they can afford full mythic gear. The biggest problem is cash issue,but not interested or not

The problem is I doubt that competitors are going to want to spend money to downgrade their gear.

Av, I'm making the contest now, that will not be changing. I know how long these type of tournaments run so making them end of season is not practical, especially if new campaign comes out while the tournament is in session.

Ravager
10-19-2013, 01:18 PM

It would be interesting. Thank you for reading our responses and responding quickly.

I would suggest starting the tournament after the Halloween event at the least. New armor during that event. Most likely not that great if it follows the trend of Poseidon or Winterwonderland armor. But if you wait longer, the game will change with the 1 year anniversary event and the Christmas event.

falmear
10-19-2013, 01:22 PM
I will be entering and using the best epics money can buy.

Zeus
10-19-2013, 01:24 PM
It would be interesting. Thank you for reading our responses and responding quickly.

I would suggest starting the tournament after the Halloween event at the least. New armor during that event. Most likely not that great if it follows the trend of Poseidon or Winterwonderland armor. But if you wait longer, the game will change with the 1 year anniversary event and the Christmas event.

I think starting now is the best time. Why? The 1 year anniversary will be a curve ball thrown at y'all. If I read correctly, the cap will still be the same, so it will essentially be survival of the fittest. IMO, true skill prevails when conditions are changed. As you said, the Halloween event gear will likely be mediocre so I don't see it having an effect of the tournament.

Zeus
10-19-2013, 01:25 PM
I will be entering and using the best epics money can buy.

Why epics?

Crowsfoot
10-19-2013, 02:55 PM
I don't understand the purpose of the "one non-mythic" rule. Other than that, I have no objections

Skaunared
10-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Why epics?

All epic tourney was fun! Our guild held an all epic equipment 2 v 2 tourney before, also the 3 starter pets are all u can choose from(guapo, precious, and forgot the dog). In the end it all comes down to player skill and team coordination.

Zeus
10-19-2013, 03:09 PM
I don't understand the purpose of the "one non-mythic" rule. Other than that, I have no objections

I removed it, as there seemed to be enough demand for a mythic tournament.

To those non-mythic players, I am truly sorry. :/

Soundlesskill
10-19-2013, 03:45 PM
I 100% agree with Avshow!

Less luck, moar skill. It's friggin' on!

Zeus
10-19-2013, 03:49 PM
I 100% agree with Avshow!

Less luck, moar skill. It's friggin' on!

Tournament thread has been posted! Official sign-ups are instructed there. Please, before registering, read the entire thread and understand it as one can be DQ'd for breaking anything stated in that thread.

Soundlesskill
10-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Tournament thread has been posted! Official sign-ups are instructed there. Please, before registering, read the entire thread and understand it as one can be DQ'd for breaking anything stated in that thread.

I know, I did, I haven't registered and what the hell I haven't broken any rules

Zeus
10-19-2013, 03:56 PM
I know, I did, I haven't registered and what the hell I haven't broken any rules

It is something that I am mentioning to every player. It wasn't personal at all. I just know, that since it is a lot of reading, most players will not read the rules.

I don't want to be placed in the situation of having to DQ somebody for breaking simple rules as I can only make a judgement based off of rules that have been broken.

Taejo
10-19-2013, 04:03 PM

After thoroughly reading the rules and chatting with Apollo on the issue, I honestly don't see any room for bias opinion in this tournament. It's pretty black & white from my standpoint - either you break the rules or you don't. There's more than one host/judge on this panel, so any interpretation needed would probably come to a vote. I really don't foresee any instances of this, however. EDIT: I am not participating, either; so I will remain a neutral party.

I think its important for everyone to remember that this tournament isn't for $5,000 or a new car - its just for fun and bringing the community closer together. Yes, there's a banner involved - and plenty more to come if this tournament goes smoothly and we host more in the future!

Zeus
10-19-2013, 04:10 PM
After thoroughly reading the rules and chatting with Apollo on the issue, I honestly don't see any room for bias opinion in this tournament. It's pretty black & white from my standpoint - either you break the rules or you don't. There's more than one host/judge on this panel, so any interpretation needed would probably come to a vote. I really don't foresee any instances of this, however.

I think its important for everyone to remember that this tournament isn't for $5,000 or a new car - its just for fun and bringing the community closer together. Yes, there's a banner involved - and plenty more to come if this tournament goes smoothly and we host more in the future!

Keep in mind that I have removed the non-mythic rule because there were more full mythic teams than I anticipated. Also, I bumped up the subs to 2 as it clashed with another rule otherwise.

3 stun pets are allowed, as well as 3 arcane pets. So... keep in mind that if your 3 arcane pets do arcane stuns, you cannot use any more stun pets.

Also, for clarification, passive stuns will not count as a stun pet.

Taejo
10-19-2013, 04:27 PM

I will not be participating, only co-hosting for Apollo. Also, he will not be able to make any judgement calls for any of his matches - either Delphina or I will do that.

Soundlesskill
10-20-2013, 01:37 AM
I will not be participating, only co-hosting for Apollo. Also, he will not be able to make any judgement calls for any of his matches - either Delphina or I will do that.

Apollo said thag already, thanks.

kharmel
10-20-2013, 02:26 AM
Nice:) good to see that ganging rule has been taken off...blocking and spwning,errr,then maybe players can adjust on this...GOODLUCK to everyone and its good for bringing the community together..
> this tournament can enlighten players what is ctf is all about..
> one question again, when pet have been chosen...meaning,no summoning of other pet right? Like rougues usually do,using mana pet to fill up mana...is it allowed?

inkredible
10-20-2013, 06:06 AM
I hesitated joining this.. This is gonna be a real good mess
Specially when you're leaving it to players to take full control of the whole competition
And
Ofcourse there's never gonna be such thing as ganging here
His definition of gang is uneven team.. But there will be 5v5 so if you're not with ur group for some reason and you're just standing there, alone ur 5 opponents can tech attack you and it won't be called ganging.. Bec it's your fault you're not with your team mates
There's a lot if loop holes in these rules. With no mod's or judges watching.. This will cause more drama

I thought it will be like 4v4 - two subs
2 spaces in which judges can watch, it's easy to stay out of the fighting scene anyways
Which I thought would be more appropriate
The teams can arrange time with the judges when they wanna fight
And those judge should have quite flexible times - it's a lot of work
A lot of thoughts in to this competition and I thank Apollo for doing this
I just thought you would've given it more time for everyone to discuss this, lol

Rules are clear plain and simple, but we all know it won't be when the fight happen

It won't be much problem going against a team with your friends in it cuz we all have respect for each other and I know it would be played fair- but ur doing a competition blinded
Screen shots - easily photoshopped etc etc

As a wiseman once said "this is like law traffiking enforcements with no police around"

Soundlesskill
10-20-2013, 06:24 AM
Wait what... You can spawn and gang now? What do you mean Kharmel?

kharmel
10-20-2013, 07:38 AM
Wait what... You can spawn and gang now? What do you mean Kharmel?

There is nothing in the rules stated already about gang...its 5vs 5... i have stated my view in this on previous post.( most of my comments are not answered so basically idk).. inkredibles stated it above...
> what i mean,killing an enemy alone at least is allowed,coz its not stated in the rules... coz i have mentioned,it will hinder the team to get the flag if one enemy is defending it...if there is ganging rule( wherein most people will perceive as killing them alone with large quantity of enemy), it will complicate things...so its good there is no ganging rule...why?
E.g. 1. team A with five members went to the flag area then one enemy is defending(if we cant gang him), then basically ,we cant kill him in groups rather one vs one...thus,it will give enemy to regroup.
2. If enemy got our flag(if have no ganging rule), basically, the team cant chase the flagger together but rather be chased one by one..lols right?
> as inkredibles have mentioned,there is no ganging in this tourney coz basically,its 5 vs 5....
Its ur loss if u go alone,or maybe its a tactic also...
> in regards with the spawning and blocking,imo as i have mentioned previously, it shoukd be taken off too....spawning can be prevented coz we have bubbles...but why should i suggest that it shoukd be taken off?
E.g . Clash happens near the exit of the spawning area,team that dies for sure will revive,and instinct is to go out and help the team,what if the clash havent finished or the winning team on the clash is still there? Some would and will perceive it as blocking...( might be disqualified based on rules) ... there are natural events or scenario might happen during the fight that blocking is unavoidable and would cause the loss of the team trying to follow that rule...
> these things is based on what i know coz i played ctf a lot too...i heard opinions to some good ctfers and understand what is happening in ctf.. and they agree..
> but if these rules are irrevocable,then, participants should follow... im just stating the possible cause of conflicts,drama and misunderstanding..
> spawning and blocking might be a good rule to promote fair play... but basically,it negates and dictates the team what to do...those are tactics in REAL CTF even players versus even players...just an opinion... coz, in arcane legends ctf,they perceive it as ganging and not fair play coz basically AL CTF MAP is not designed for real ctf experience unlike other sts games ..
>wishing goodluck on the tourney,i wanted to participate too..hehe..:)

Zeus
10-20-2013, 09:19 AM
I hesitated joining this.. This is gonna be a real good mess
Specially when you're leaving it to players to take full control of the whole competition
And
Ofcourse there's never gonna be such thing as ganging here
His definition of gang is uneven team.. But there will be 5v5 so if you're not with ur group for some reason and you're just standing there, alone ur 5 opponents can tech attack you and it won't be called ganging.. Bec it's your fault you're not with your team mates
There's a lot if loop holes in these rules. With no mod's or judges watching.. This will cause more drama

I thought it will be like 4v4 - two subs
2 spaces in which judges can watch, it's easy to stay out of the fighting scene anyways
Which I thought would be more appropriate
The teams can arrange time with the judges when they wanna fight
And those judge should have quite flexible times - it's a lot of work
A lot of thoughts in to this competition and I thank Apollo for doing this
I just thought you would've given it more time for everyone to discuss this, lol

Rules are clear plain and simple, but we all know it won't be when the fight happen

It won't be much problem going against a team with your friends in it cuz we all have respect for each other and I know it would be played fair- but ur doing a competition blinded
Screen shots - easily photoshopped etc etc

As a wiseman once said "this is like law traffiking enforcements with no police around"

Both sides will be required to verify the win. Also, I have a way of verifying wether an image is photoshopped or not so I have already taken that into account. To those who are going to try it, please don't because that will lead to your entire team getting disqualified as well as the person who posted the photoshopped image & banned from any future developer sponsored tournaments. Trust me, I will catch it and it is not worth the risk.

It is sportsmanship. If PL can be mature enough to handle tournaments like this, I am sure that AL can as well, who's gaming audience was geared towards a more mature audience from the start.

inkredible
10-20-2013, 10:20 AM
Both sides will be required to verify the win. Also, I have a way of verifying wether an image is photoshopped or not so I have already taken that into account. To those who are going to try it, please don't because that will lead to your entire team getting disqualified as well as the person who posted the photoshopped image & banned from any future developer sponsored tournaments. Trust me, I will catch it and it is not worth the risk.

It is sportsmanship. If PL can be mature enough to handle tournaments like this, I am sure that AL can as well, who's gaming audience was geared towards a more mature audience from the start.

right and you assume everyone will have time screenshotting in middle of fightn and i hope its caught before they change back to the gear theyre suppose to wear
it could work and i hope it does - i see no problem in it fighting against friends etc
i guess this will not only show teamwork but a whole new diff level of trust