PDA

View Full Version : BC the end?

MightyMicah
10-18-2013, 07:56 AM
Does Battle Command mark the end of the Legends' titles' gameplay? (The 3d mmorpg style gameplay.) Will all we see in the future be clones of BD rather than PL? Post what you think below.

DocDoBig
10-18-2013, 08:34 AM
4 _L games
4 B_ games

^My thoughts.

Alhuntrazeck
10-18-2013, 08:37 AM
^Great. Ive been waiting for a new MMO from STG so I can start reserving names, lol. I have quite a few lined up. Anyway, I hooe they bring back MMOs.

MightyMicah
10-18-2013, 12:51 PM
4 _L games
4 B_ games

^My thoughts.

You didn't answer my question. The question was whether or not they would release another mmorpg modeled like PL or not. It seems you feel they will release two more games modeled after Battle Dragons, but then what?

^Great. Ive been waiting for a new MMO from STG so I can start reserving names, lol. I have quite a few lined up. Anyway, I hooe they bring back MMOs.

But do you think they will? That was the question.

DocDoBig
10-18-2013, 02:43 PM
You didn't answer my question. The question was whether or not they would release another mmorpg modeled like PL or not. It seems you feel they will release two more games modeled after Battle Dragons, but then what?

Sorry I was on mobile, prolly didn't read everything.

Yes I meant they had 4 _L mmorpg games and now they are going to make 4 B_ rts games, they are half way!
Ofc this and my previous post are just rough guesses from me.

Samhayne
10-18-2013, 03:51 PM
We moved this to the off topic section, since it was general discussion about Spacetime and not specific to any one game.

In the past, we've only been forthcoming about our future plans when something is pretty concrete or well in progress. The last thing we want to do is over-promise vaporware and then never deliver. So, with that in mind, we don't have any specific announcement about another game beyond Battle Command!

But, it is safe to say that we will build another game after Battle Command! I know there are some people who feel that we should spend more time on our existing games. Maybe that is true. We are certainly trying to do right by them all as best as we can and run our business as well as we can. Honestly, if the team had only ever worked on Pocket Legends, the company might not be here now. I realize that a Star Legends (or any other game) fan might not really care about that (they just want new stuff for their game), but it is worth saying.

MightyMicah
10-18-2013, 10:03 PM
We moved this to the off topic section, since it was general discussion about Spacetime and not specific to any one game.

In the past, we've only been forthcoming about our future plans when something is pretty concrete or well in progress. The last thing we want to do is over-promise vaporware and then never deliver. So, with that in mind, we don't have any specific announcement about another game beyond Battle Command!

But, it is safe to say that we will build another game after Battle Command! I know there are some people who feel that we should spend more time on our existing games. Maybe that is true. We are certainly trying to do right by them all as best as we can and run our business as well as we can. Honestly, if the team had only ever worked on Pocket Legends, the company might not be here now. I realize that a Star Legends (or any other game) fan might not really care about that (they just want new stuff for their game), but it is worth saying.

I really appreciate the response, Samhayne! And I'm dead serious. I particularly like the sentence I have emboldened. That is something that I think more people would like to hear. However, many would disagree with it. Certainly they are not STS employees, but many are educated gamers and some that I know have developed other fairly successful mmo's before. Also, please don't count everyone as one of those fans you described. There are plenty of us who would prefer the developers work on their current games instead of constantly releasing new ones for a wealth of reasons...Thanks again :)

tHelonestud
10-19-2013, 09:44 AM
They will keep going till they have a 1:1 game:developer ratio

Xenobiotic
11-14-2013, 08:19 AM
They will keep going till they have a 1:1 game:developer ratio

Lol..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

WhoIsThis
11-15-2013, 06:37 PM

I appreciate your candor in the matter. In the past, other game studios have over-promised and under-delivered, often releasing alpha-quality software.

Like Micah, I am interested in a clarification on this bolded part here. I think that at some point, releasing games over and over again (especially in the case of SL, DL, and AL, which really were variations of the same underlying engine) though will start to have diminishing and even negative returns.

In particular, we'd like to see a broad (non-binding and subject to change) roadmap.

Kixxler
11-15-2013, 10:38 PM
Stop developing games...

I don't think you'll be able to keep up with updating all of them, which is why games like PL and SL are abandoned and not fun at all.