PDA

View Full Version : BATTLE FOR MYTH PETS ::: Slag VS Grimm ::: Vote for that which is better!!! ::: SHARE

Deadroth
10-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi forumers, as You can see, There is Grimm pet, veeeery similar too slag, And i wanted to ask two questions in this thread:

1. Which is better for You

2. Do they have same stats? (If so, vote for the 'cooler' one)

Thx! I would like to ask A Modeator for making a poll for me :)

Thx :)

Enjoy :)

Zurko
10-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Well grim looks good but ive been testing, and the "high chance to stun" seems not real

Zuzeq
10-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Depends on what map youre on. With the huge pulls in Shuyal elite, I would take Slag over Grimm. In an elite setting I don't see much use for Grimm's passive stat debuff. If the instant kill effect was a higher % there would be nothing to talk about. Grimm also retains the ability to debuff armor, but Haze/Abaddon takes the cake in that department. Slag reduces mobs damage output and debuffs movement speed (everything you can hope for in a passive in elite). As it stands I find more use for Slag in elite. I do own both, just not on the same toon.

wvhills
10-18-2013, 12:13 PM
i haven't noticed any instant kills at all with my grimm.

Taejo
10-18-2013, 12:17 PM
2. Do they have same stats? (If so, vote for the 'cooler' one)

They have identical stats if you compare in stable. The only difference is their looks and abilities. Grimm is better for some situations (mainly PvE), Slag is still superior in PvP, in my opinion.

Hectororius
10-18-2013, 01:19 PM
i haven't noticed any instant kills at all with my grimm.

Yeah I'm not sure if there's a "BANISHED" or something similar that appears on the screen, but I have seen enemies disappear even with full life bars.

Jexetta
10-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Until you cap Grimm (which maybe some of you have already) her hit % for both her ability and passive attack are going to be really low. I ran Grimm in KM3 all last night and only got her to about level 20, but I noticed even at level 20 she was banishing mobs. Until I get Grimm to level 35-36 I'll hold my tongue on really detailing how she actually performs - at this point I can easily see she will be one of my favorite pets in my rotation regardless just looking at her abilities. I need to see her passive attack speed and actual attack power at max level (even though pets have identical attack strength you'll notice that their damage on a passive attack varies a bit).

Slag's Passive @ L30 up (10 level increments on mythic pet passives) : Engulfing Flames
Damages multiple targets and has chance to reduce damage by 10%, reduce movement speed by 30%, and do additional damage.

Grimm's Passive @ L30 up (10 level increments on mythic pet passives) : Withering Scythe
Damages multiple targets and has a chance to reduce dexterity, strength, and intelligence by 10, and hit by 15%

Now the arcane ability is slightling different too :

Slag : Inferno - 25 second cooldown : ignites enemies and with a chance to manic them panic
Grim : Reaping - (idk cooldown lol) : Cleaves up to 5 enemies, high chance to stun, low chance to banish (aprox. 5% chance) and will always reduce armor and crit by 10%

Anyone in Pvp knows how important the difference between stun and panic are, you can be stunned, then following you can be stunned again (by panic), you cannot however get stunned and then stunned again, by multiple stun attacks, they need to be stun then panic. I would not minimize the note : 'always reduce armor and crit by 10%' either. Reducing armor on a tank is very important in pvp, 10% crit is good as well but considering the high number for armor, say even 1500, that's a 150 point reduction which is good. On a rogue with a crit stat of say 50 average running around that's only a reduction to 45 crit, still decent but not as good as armor reduction. Not to put ideas in warriors head either, but most warriors who 1vs1 rogues know how important it is to feeble the target so they can't crit, further reducing the crit chance is just an extra goodie.

Really, unless Grimm's passive attack is really slow, I'm going to prefer Grimm.

Taejo
10-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Yeah I'm not sure if there's a "BANISHED" or something similar that appears on the screen, but I have seen enemies disappear even with full life bars.

"BANISHED" does appear when successful.

KingMartin
10-18-2013, 01:52 PM
I experienced several banishments by Grimm on about 20 level. In the original thread about him I think Sam or Carapace confirms that the probability is about 5%. I have no idea about Sammy's probability, but probably Grimm cannot insta kill more than one mob like Sammy.

As I am playing on Chrome, for me is very awkward to use the famous summon/desummon trick as when I summon back I am probably dead. I don't know if STS already corrected this glitch (or deliberate feature, I don't know).

But I usually don't give any critics on pets before I cap them up. I remember how everybody was ranting about Abaddon and it was this pet which gave me some LB places last season.

Deadroth
10-19-2013, 05:31 AM
So i should think, the Grimm 'stuns' mobs better than slag?