PDA

View Full Version : Crafting Fee

tHelonestud
10-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Obviously this would primarily affect future caps, if they ever come.
The idea is pretty basic
One crafting ingrediant for endgame sets would be 500k gold, per item
It would serve as a commonly used gold drain as well as making the 'legendary' gear truly exclusive again.

Heroelite
10-18-2013, 02:57 PM
I like that idea, and I think those ingredients should be untradeable.

tHelonestud
10-19-2013, 09:42 AM
That would be good, yes

of course for now we are just waiting for a new cap

angeldawn
10-19-2013, 10:02 AM
I don't like this idea.

I'm not gold rich. Many pvpers aren't either they only farm to get their set. Adding on an extra charge will hurt them in PVP which can lead to frustration and quitting.

And weren't the diamonds in this cap and last worth a couple 100k when the maps were still new?

Also how would this effect twinking when later caps come out?

I could only see this as viable option if the crafting was exceptional. Maybe turns the item into Elite items with terrific stats. But then again it hurts many PVPers.

tHelonestud
10-20-2013, 07:54 AM
I feel like for the past 3 caps, the top endgame gear has been far too easy to obtain. As much as I hated not owning a demonic set, it made it truly challenging to obtain. Most of the top PvPer owned a set as well.

I do understand that it affects the poor more, because they won't be able to even craft now, but crafting isn't actually a necessity. Especially if STS made the sets like the sewers, which the crafted and uncrafted sets having a totally different set of stats, this would encourage people to own both set keeping the uncrafted value somewhat high.
For instance, mega mage was prefered over enchanted often due to the higher m/s, fury had better m/s and dodge than fortified, custom had less damage(although it really didn't have any major loss versus raid which was almost never used)

angeldawn
10-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Agreed. But when was the last time STS made non pinks even close to competing with sets?

tHelonestud
10-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Agreed. But when was the last time STS made non pinks even close to competing with sets?

Same cap crafting wasn't just like 3 or 4 stat points better than uncrafted

They should bring back more rarity using

like greens = current non-set pinks
purples = current set pinks
pink = crafted items + dropped vanities
elite = stay the same as special exclusive items

Archermaster
10-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Shouldn't elites be more rare than pinks. Well I see them drop more constantly then pinks. For example I was farming in slayer more a few hours and I obtained for elites than I did pinks

tHelonestud
10-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Shouldn't elites be more rare than pinks. Well I see them drop more constantly then pinks. For example I was farming in slayer more a few hours and I obtained for elites than I did pinks

yes 76 elites are jokes
they were originally added for their "elite" rarity and procs
I wish the current ones were just changed to pinks