PDA

View Full Version : Twink?

inevitable
10-18-2013, 03:30 PM
I heard this word a lot recently, what is that? And what's good with it

Desperoto
10-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Twink actually means= Another character. So if a rogue haves another mage character it's his twink.

Xbuddyjosh
10-18-2013, 04:35 PM
^its used describing a lower lvl alternative character. Usually for pvp

Valkiryas
10-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Twink :

Character of Low Level Fully Geared ( Best Items for their class and their levels [ Well suposse to be]), For Play PvP ( Usually Get Easy Kills that Way and probably that twink will become they main character [ For they KDR ]………)

Valki

kixkaxx
10-22-2013, 03:36 AM
Twink=kill fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Maunyabastian
10-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Go open AL Glossary of Terms and Acronyms made by Alrisaia.
Here is what Alrisaia stated about Twink.

Twink – An MMO term that has been around since early MMO days and in most cases means: Toon (Character) that has extremely high level or good gear for their level – typically not affordable by another toon of the same level. Twinks are financed by higher level ‘Main’ characters and since they have the best gear for their level and are usually played by an experience player, are also typically very good players.

Cremated
10-22-2013, 02:56 PM
An alt isn't necessarily a twink.

A twink tends to be a lower level character funded by a high level character and tends to have to best kitted out gear for its level.

Bonthan
10-22-2013, 10:48 PM
The first time I "twinked" in a mmo was in the early days of Asheron's Call when Microsoft still owned it around 2001. Everyone did it to an extant, even from common drops. It was a headache honestly, but it was part of the game then. Turbine is still putting out updates for the game, so I'm not sure what they have going on today. The restrictions for equipping items weren't by lvl, they were by your skill. If I could buff my skills high enough then I could use higher lvl gear. We would look for race specific items, because their skill lvls were usually lower. For example, equip lvl 2 arcane lore helm, then equip arcane lore 3 wand, replace helm with a str 3 helm, then finish up with your str 4 breastplate. If you died and got a vitae or death penalty your skills were penalized and you had to switch to your alt gear until penalty was worked off. My pack was full of crazy amounts of items just to equip one weapon or armor. The term has been around longer than online gaming tho, but not sure of its original roots other than dungeons and dragons.

fleshered
10-23-2013, 09:10 PM
maybe we can call it "ALT" alternative character