PDA

View Full Version : Lock Drop without Luck elixir or Leprechaun?

Zbootyzzz
10-19-2013, 02:18 AM
So I was fighting Krodo in Arcanum grounds in my Lvl 17 twink and after I killed him he dropped a lock and I didn't even have Luck elixir or Leprechaun on me.I don't have a screen shot or any evidence that you guys would believe me but I am telling you the truth I am not kidding or lieing.I just wanna know how that happened to me.

Fidalex
10-19-2013, 02:25 AM
It may happen, but it is rare.
We trust you 😉

anafakir
10-19-2013, 05:06 AM
same thing happened to me in the 2nd level Tower of mardom(castle). wish it happened often and everywhere,lol.

Desperoto
10-19-2013, 06:21 AM
This happens me a lot lol.. Legendary drops without luck are rare, but it's not impossible

Aserockon
10-19-2013, 06:29 AM
I got a snaggletooth egg in elite mage mine without lepre or elixir :)

Maunyabastian
10-19-2013, 06:30 AM
It may happens.

smuggs
10-19-2013, 06:55 AM
Just how the RNG decides to treat you that day (For non software engineers, its the Random Number Generator that determines which loot table you're in and what item will drop) I've had a few locked drop without lix, a couple legendary items too. Most times though...the RNG is greedy and keeps the goods for itself:)

Maxcd
10-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Just how the RNG decides to treat you that day (For non software engineers, its the Random Number Generator that determines which loot table you're in and what item will drop) I've had a few locked drop without lix, a couple legendary items too. Most times though...the RNG is greedy and keeps the goods for itself:)

I dont think STS uses a RNG for drops, considering rerolls bump items up to the next item tier (I may be wrong though)

najcomp
10-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Its ok when u get locked without any luck but its not ok if u get locked that re-roll from bael at elite rook nest or other elite map.

smuggs
10-19-2013, 12:29 PM
I dont think STS uses a RNG for drops, considering rerolls bump items up to the next item tier (I may be wrong though)

Maybe a dev can chime in...but I'm pretty sure its a RNG regardless, otherwise those intelligent people could figure out intervals for rarer drops and only do certain maps when they're in that range. An RNG has to be used, the reroll is on its own RNG, say 1 - 10(hypothetical), if it hits 4 and that says reroll, whatever table the loot RNG landed you on gets bumped up 1, and the RNG for the drop kicks in to give you an item out of that table. Anything randomized like a drop has to be controlled by an RNG or else the drop system would be incremental according to number of mob/boss kills and everyone would know after say 1500 kills a legendary will drop and you're all gonna farm the same boss when in that range.

Kakashis
10-19-2013, 04:52 PM
When AL first came out, I was farming for Malison and wrath jaw eggs without any luck! I still don't buy luck elixirs, that's why I'm thankful there's at least the leprechaun amulet now!