PDA

View Full Version : Level 50 Shock Lances

itzyou
11-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Hey devs just wondering, if everyone wants shock lance and they are on higher demands, why not make them level 50, or make them a rift wepon, with set bonus with kite shield... IDK guys what do you think about this???

Arterra
11-08-2010, 07:35 PM
consider this

1) lv45 ones already over powerful even compared to lv50 items
2) sunblessed scimitar already has the bonus
3) suggested before, shot down exact same way...

deathdealer
11-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Basically all that is ao2 was a mistake.

gwippy
11-08-2010, 08:19 PM
consider this

1) lv45 ones already over powerful even compared to lv50 items
2) sunblessed scimitar already has the bonus
3) suggested before, shot down exact same way...

pshhhh smackdown regardless of these i think they should make at least some pinks around lvl46-48

KingFu
11-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Been suggested, WAY overpowered.

itzyou
11-08-2010, 09:51 PM
but still its.... overpowered look at mega blaster for void bonus thats powerfull too...
I know because i have one :D

Arterra
11-08-2010, 10:59 PM
but still its.... overpowered look at mega blaster for void bonus thats powerfull too...
I know because i have one :D

Hate you now lol. Me so poor...
Yea... The game is currently skewed, but no need to make it even more unbalanced. Int is what needs a makeover.

All the additions like galyxz and apep where a good start... But it suddenly died out.

Kalielle
11-09-2010, 11:30 AM
I agree with Itzyou - we need a decent level 50 melee weapon, and a level 50 shock lance would fit the bill perfectly. It's not normal to have a level 45 weapon sell for more than any level 50 weapon out there, as the shock lance does now.

As for it being overpowered - dex stuff is what's overpowered now. The shock lance is a good weapon but not outlandishly so - it never turned bears into dps machines, and a tank playing alone would still take forever to kill anything. I don't think a level 50 lance that does slightly more damage than the level 45 version would be unreasonable - especially when you compare it to what a dex bear with a blaster can do.

Oh and if the devs really wanted to drive the community wild, all they would need is to make level 50 Shock Lance of Thoth. I remember when shock lances first came out, even the most hardcore farmers were wondering for weeks whether those rumors about a Thoth lance could possibly (plz plz) be true. Now we need one about a hundred times more - with bears these days wearing Thoth bucklers to make up for the lack of mana regen in rift gear, and palas all respec'ing to dex mages.

Pretty much if they made a Thoth Lance it would bring back into the game even the most hardcore farmers who now have everything, and everyone would be madly searching for one for weeks to come. Make it a different color so people can show it off in town, and I predict it will easily be trading at 2 million and driving everyone crazy trying to get one.

Lesrider
11-09-2010, 11:39 AM
I dunno if they need a lvl 50 shock lance -- just some better lvl 50 str weapons. It is a bit absurd that we're all still usig a lvl 45 weapon instead of all the lvl 50s out there. The question should be why do the lvl 50 str weapons suck so much? Either improve the one's already out or make some new one's. And yeah, the lack of ms with lvl 50 str is ridiculous. I like my Thoth helm (it covers my stupid bear face yay!) but we shouldn't have to wear lvl 45 equip at lvl 50!!!

itzyou
11-09-2010, 06:00 PM
I agree with Itzyou - we need a decent level 50 melee weapon, and a level 50 shock lance would fit the bill perfectly. It's not normal to have a level 45 weapon sell for more than any level 50 weapon out there, as the shock lance does now.

As for it being overpowered - dex stuff is what's overpowered now. The shock lance is a good weapon but not outlandishly so - it never turned bears into dps machines, and a tank playing alone would still take forever to kill anything. I don't think a level 50 lance that does slightly more damage than the level 45 version would be unreasonable - especially when you compare it to what a dex bear with a blaster can do.

Oh and if the devs really wanted to drive the community wild, all they would need is to make level 50 Shock Lance of Thoth. I remember when shock lances first came out, even the most hardcore farmers were wondering for weeks whether those rumors about a Thoth lance could possibly (plz plz) be true. Now we need one about a hundred times more - with bears these days wearing Thoth bucklers to make up for the lack of mana regen in rift gear, and palas all respec'ing to dex mages.

Pretty much if they made a Thoth Lance it would bring back into the game even the most hardcore farmers who now have everything, and everyone would be madly searching for one for weeks to come. Make it a different color so people can show it off in town, and I predict it will easily be trading at 2 million and driving everyone crazy trying to get one.

TY FINALLY SOMEONE WHO SUPPORTS ME!! lol