PDA

View Full Version : PVP Health Bars

Grisilda
10-19-2013, 08:37 AM
Hello all,

I was doing some pvp the other day, and i thought that it would be really nice to know how the opponents hit points is affected by my attack. In other words, "Are you gonna die or what?! been hitting you two hours now!!"

Anyway, I trully believe that a nice input would be to remove the opponents names window on the right side of our screen and instead put the opponent party layout which would be identical to how the layout is shown for people in our side.

In simpler words, take what is on the left (our side) and replicate it on the right (but for opponent names and lifebars/mana etc.)

I believe it would be a major upgrade to the kinda mediocre Enemy names table we currently have.

PS.: Although I didn't search, im pretty confident this issue will have been suggested before. Just felt like bringing it forth again.

Desperoto
10-19-2013, 09:24 AM
No.. In a group fight everyone will attack the lowest hp enemy, that's not fun

Ebezaanec
10-19-2013, 09:25 AM
It will probably lead to more ganging.. Because groups will prey on a single low-health player and just wipe him out...

It may seem nice, but it has bad consequences as well

Grisilda
10-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Yeh i see your points but this is pvp we talking about. :P People get ganked already and some who are lower than others are already marked and hunted. It just happens.

Plus, since this feature will be available on both sides, focused attacks will occur both ways. So not only on 1v1s that would count but also it would lead to a better pvp team strategy. Because now it's mostly about picking a target and hit till he's down.. PvP should be more dynamic and provide info that would allow on spot switches while in a massive team fight.

Anyway, just a thought :) i would personally enjoy such a feature.

Ravager
10-22-2013, 01:42 AM
Yeh i see your points but this is pvp we talking about. :P People get ganked already and some who are lower than others are already marked and hunted. It just happens.

Plus, since this feature will be available on both sides, focused attacks will occur both ways. So not only on 1v1s that would count but also it would lead to a better pvp team strategy. Because now it's mostly about picking a target and hit till he's down.. PvP should be more dynamic and provide info that would allow on spot switches while in a massive team fight.

Anyway, just a thought :) i would personally enjoy such a feature.

I suggested this a while back and no one liked it.
If I ever played Street Fighter with no health bars, it would be awkward.

Taejo
10-22-2013, 02:53 PM
No.. In a group fight everyone will attack the lowest hp enemy, that's not fun

It will probably lead to more ganging.. Because groups will prey on a single low-health player and just wipe him out...

It may seem nice, but it has bad consequences as well

I have no real opinion about the OP's suggestion but after reading both your comments I just wanted to say that most MMORPG's PvP systems have a targeting feature that does indeed show HP/mana, etc. What you both say is absolutely true, because that is the logical strategy to have in group PvP. It just might not fit into AL's play style and dynamics.

Zylx
10-29-2013, 11:10 PM
I kinda like not seeing the other person's hp. Cuz with tanks, i'd be discouraged after a few hits that dont even graze their hp and no one would want to fight that player. If you want to see, just /partyinvite them if they agree for you to see each others hp.