PDA

View Full Version : Newbie -- Rogue.. Have a few questions..

Tatipu
10-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Hi all,

New to the game -- used to play Order & Chaos but it got boring lol.

Anywho -- I'm kind of confused on how to play this game...
So please answer any that you can.. I would greatly appreciate it :)
Also even though some questions you can say it's up to me, I have ZERO opinion on what I think is best so I'd rather follow guidance of someone rather than myself :)

1. Is there a build that is at least solo-able for rogue? (PVE) I'm finding a lot of times I'm usually in an instance by myself or sometimes 2 or 3 people but they usually leave right away. But for the most part there's usually at LEAST one person with me...

2. Since I've been reading the past 2-3 pages of the rogue forum (Didn't go past that since I assumed there were some major updates from 2012-2013 so I deemed those irrelevant) rogue is supposed to be DPS.. hence low survivability.. so am I supposed to be looking for DEX + STR armor or DEX + INT armor... or STR/INT? (I think I read somewhere on another forum someone saying dex was irrelevant for rogue) Also -- Can someone give me a list of what stats to look for first? DEX, then STR, then crit/dodge... Like a list of EVERYTHING? For the most part, what I gathered was Rogue is best to go Full DEX so correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Since I don't know what is best -- I've been just putting all points into DEX but I realize that Mana is a huge problem for me. I can only use around 2-3 skills before having to pot up (or is potting up ALL the time normal? Not a fan of spamming pots :P )

4. Can someone give me a skill build for at least up to level 20-25? I looked at the thread about people's builds when respecs were free and a lot of people have like 6 different skills when you can only hold 4 so I'm wondering which 4 I should be using right now? (I'm level 20)

5. What does it mean when a weapon has green dots hovering around it and when a weapon has white specs but blue? (looks like ice/frozen) As well as other animations on weapons? (Like in the shop I see black circles going around a weapon)

6. Lastly, i think this on goes hand in hand with number 2. Do I Auto Attack a lot or what? AKA do I WANT to have armor with more DPS?

I think that's all I can remember right now... ANY help would be appreciated :) Game is pretty fun.
Edit: I like using daggers :) Not sure if I have to have a bow too or not though but yeah :D

HeartlessR
10-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Hi, Im Heartless! Welcome to the forums and welcome to arcane legends! i'll try to answer these the best I can and help you out.

1) - Check out Alrisaia's guide titled the Blender Link :http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?110087-Alrisaia-s-Guide-The-Razor-Shield-Blender&highlight=blender, Though I would not recommend soloing with a rogue if you are new as you will burn alot of pots. This will be your best bet, In other words, 4/5 Shadow veil (No explosion) 4/5 Traps (no explosion) 3/5 razor sheild (just get the duration and dodge buff) and 5/5 aimed shot (This will be your boss killing attack.) Once that is finished your passives you can play around with on your own, But personally i'd shoot for 5/5 Dexterity 5/5 intelligence and then you can choose for damage, strength for health, or crit. If you meet a tank on your journey of leveling up and hes actually good, MAKE FRIENDS. less potions used = more money for you to buy your gear! especially if you're just starting out.

2) - when looking at gear, Go for the high dexterity gear with secondary stat being intelligence, Or if you are still getting used to being a rogue, get the high dexterity/secondary stat strength as it will help you take hits more, Don't worry about the 2% crit/dodge on the armour when you are leveling, worry about it endgame when its actually needed! And yes, full dex is the best way to go with a rogue.

3) I burn anywhere between 500-1k potions a day running elites. you chug pots like a madman in arcane legends mate. They are there for a reason!

4) since you are still new, Ignore the 6 skill builds. I was using one up until recently, I run nox/aimed/razor/veil now. But personally for leveling I went with the build above^ if you are still having trouble with mana or surviving, go into strength or int passives first for extra mana/hp. your four skills right now should be traps/aimed shot/shadow veil/razor shield.

5) That is the weapons uniqueness i guess? All weapons are usually different because they are from different seasons. Its just the look of the weapon.

6) Oh hell yes my friend. Wait until you get the quill daggers. You wont wanna STOP autoattacking. They proc a 50% crit buff. It is amazing. But yes. you should always be spamming auto attack and then using your skills when they are available.

For now, stick with daggers. Bows are stupidly expensive at low level due to pvp/twinking etc. Daggers are normally dirt cheap.

Tatipu
10-20-2013, 10:20 PM
Thank you heartless :).

I'm so used to NOT potting ever in mmo/mmorpgs that I play because usually I play the Priest role or I have so much life steal/spell vamp that it's almost never needed :P. Guess I gotta get into the habit of that.
I'm not saying that I WANT to solo with a rogue, I just find it hard to find people & make friends since I generally dislike all iOS MMOs/MMORPGs chat system where you have to click the box and you can't see much of anything else aside from chat. Hence, I hardly ever chat since it's so inconvenient.

Since I'm already getting the hang of spamming pots all day, I guess I'll go into Dex/Int gear.

Dang man lol. 500 pots at the least... That's like what... eh a lot of gold.
I have a lot more hard time solo-ing those kraag's tomb thingies 1,2,3, and 4. Those I usually use about 25-50 pots :l...

6) .. Oh lol. I always thought I was supposed to charge every skill hence not much time for AA. :P . (and half the time when I think I'm charging up a skill I'm just standing there not doing anything ._. )

And THANK YOU for the skill build :) Will respec :D .

HeartlessR
10-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Thank you heartless :).

I'm so used to NOT potting ever in mmo/mmorpgs that I play because usually I play the Priest role or I have so much life steal/spell vamp that it's almost never needed :P. Guess I gotta get into the habit of that.
I'm not saying that I WANT to solo with a rogue, I just find it hard to find people & make friends since I generally dislike all iOS MMOs/MMORPGs chat system where you have to click the box and you can't see much of anything else aside from chat. Hence, I hardly ever chat since it's so inconvenient.

Since I'm already getting the hang of spamming pots all day, I guess I'll go into Dex/Int gear.

Dang man lol. 500 pots at the least... That's like what... eh a lot of gold.
I have a lot more hard time solo-ing those kraag's tomb thingies 1,2,3, and 4. Those I usually use about 25-50 pots :l...

6) .. Oh lol. I always thought I was supposed to charge every skill hence not much time for AA. :P . (and half the time when I think I'm charging up a skill I'm just standing there not doing anything ._. )

And THANK YOU for the skill build :) Will respec :D .

Potions go like crazy in elite. Less used if you meet some good players.

hmm. Personally? Don't charge any of the skills i listed in the build EXCEPT shadow veil, only charge it when you need the bigger veil, the other skills do not benefit in any way charging. tap away friend, charging your auto attack will stun enemies but you lose out on the dps of rapidly tapping with daggers. Charging your auto to stun the enemies is good when you are running to the boss after killing a set amount of mobs (This is endgame, you will learn about it as you progress)

this game is severely focused around pot spamming. Especially elite mode. What you are going to want to do is get to the shuyal maps when you hit around 28-30ish. The shuyal map mobs give 2x xp, i personally grinded there without a xp elixir and capped from 30-36 in about 2 days of lazy playing.

im in and out of my house at the moment so trying to keep this brief, I also replied to your thread a few hours ago but it decided not to send lol. Anyways, When you cap you are going to have to figure out what type of rogue you are. Everyones playstyle is different regardless of being the same character, Perfect example is Me, Alris, and kalizzaa. All rogues. Yet we each play differently, Alris used to run the blender, Which is the build I listed, Kalizzaa runs the full on offensive approach where he uses shadow pierce/aimed shot/nox bolt/shadow veil, And then I run Nox/aimed shot/shadow veil/razor sheild. We all play differently. All are effective. Just a matter of determined you are in making it work. Best of luck and if you got any more questions, Feel free.

Spyce
10-20-2013, 11:21 PM
I'm lazy to answer all the questions but go full Dex.

Eeilis
10-24-2013, 12:55 AM
Hi! I am Eeilis, I once was new here at AL, but now I am close to being a good PVE Rogue!

Okay, first of all, the stats depend on how you want to play. For example, you should do STR+DEX if you want to be some kind of rogue tank. Full DEX would mean Assassin Rogue! DEX+INT would mean a PVP Twink or an end game PVP Rogue. I am full DEX for end game PVE.

The gear in my opinion also depends on how you want to play. But good armor is usually in the 10-100k gold at the level 20-25 range.

Weapons: sometimes epic weapons are cool for giving out STR and INT, but they have low DEX. Legendary weapons are usually the best. For daggers, I think there is Incandescent Blades of Tactics available. I don't really know anymore since I do not have a Char at that level anymore :)

Skills: I think AS, RS, NOX, or SP or Medic packs are ideal. Shadow Percier is good when you can attack and it gives back like 25% of your health back. But medic packs can YOU and YOUR TEAM. Choose wisely if you want to be "every rogue for themselves" or "team healer supporter" You can add 1-3 points in DEX as passives. You can either add 1-2 in INT, DMG, or CRIT.

In my opinion: I think CRIT comes over Dodge, and Dodge is below DMG. Damage is really good when you are using skills. CRITICAL is even better if you want to KO some monsters (this is kinda helpful in mobs at dead city). Dodge is good when you don't want as much attacks hitting you.

DPS and DMG: DMG is higher with bows. DPS is higher with daggers.

Well that's all I have to say right now. I am not that good with advice yet! I hope that was somewhat helpful though! :D

IGN: Eeilis

Alrisaia
10-24-2013, 07:35 AM
Hi all,

New to the game -- used to play Order & Chaos but it got boring lol.

Anywho -- I'm kind of confused on how to play this game...
So please answer any that you can.. I would greatly appreciate it :)
Also even though some questions you can say it's up to me, I have ZERO opinion on what I think is best so I'd rather follow guidance of someone rather than myself :)

Hi Tatipu and welcome to Arcane Legends.

1. Is there a build that is at least solo-able for rogue? (PVE) I'm finding a lot of times I'm usually in an instance by myself or sometimes 2 or 3 people but they usually leave right away. But for the most part there's usually at LEAST one person with me...

I would say soloing with a rogue in normal maps is easiest with a nox box build. Kalizzaa (goodsyntax on forums) uses this build and solos even in elite using it.
Nox has a strong poison DOT which enables you to fire off your bow from a distance and let the poison do the work for you, in normal maps it’s pretty devastating and typically you can take out a group of 6 mobs with just two full DOTs from Nox bolt.

The razor build is best used when complimenting a team of players – preferably a balanced one. I use very few pots when I’m in a group with a good tank who understands how to hold aggro and even in pulls with upwards to 20 MOBs at one time I don’t typically use health pots. Mana pots are what I burn up… about twice as fast as health.

2. Since I've been reading the past 2-3 pages of the rogue forum (Didn't go past that since I assumed there were some major updates from 2012-2013 so I deemed those irrelevant) rogue is supposed to be DPS.. hence low survivability.. so am I supposed to be looking for DEX + STR armor or DEX + INT armor... or STR/INT? (I think I read somewhere on another forum someone saying dex was irrelevant for rogue) Also -- Can someone give me a list of what stats to look for first? DEX, then STR, then crit/dodge... Like a list of EVERYTHING? For the most part, what I gathered was Rogue is best to go Full DEX so correct me if I'm wrong.

Much of the last two pages is still relevant as not much has changed with the basic mechanics of the game. For rogues, I’d say DMG is more important than DPS for the most part. Low survivability comes in when you have to solo or when you’re partied with a tank who can’t hold aggro.
As for gear, I believe Heartless already answered your question – go with Dex/Int gear if you can afford it. Otherwise the Dex/Str. (Dex being primary for either)

3. Since I don't know what is best -- I've been just putting all points into DEX but I realize that Mana is a huge problem for me. I can only use around 2-3 skills before having to pot up (or is potting up ALL the time normal? Not a fan of spamming pots :P )

Put all your points into Dex.
The blender build is a very mana efficient build. The skills have high cooldown rates and you’ll find yourself using the autoattack button often, hence saving mana. The NoxBox build is mana hungry since the skills have low cooldown (2 seconds for 3 of them) and you’re firing skills off so much

4. Can someone give me a skill build for at least up to level 20-25? I looked at the thread about people's builds when respecs were free and a lot of people have like 6 different skills when you can only hold 4 so I'm wondering which 4 I should be using right now? (I'm level 20)

Blender build for leveling unless you have to go solo, then go with the noxbox build. I’d suggest you find a decent guild with people who are willing and able to join up with you for leveling. Also, one of the best places to level up is in the Watchers Tombs and there’s usually parties there, otherwise soloing the WT3 isn’t too terribly hard.

5. What does it mean when a weapon has green dots hovering around it and when a weapon has white specs but blue? (looks like ice/frozen) As well as other animations on weapons? (Like in the shop I see black circles going around a weapon)

Those are just graphical effects… usually they relate to a weapon PROC, but not always.

6. Lastly, i think this on goes hand in hand with number 2. Do I Auto Attack a lot or what? AKA do I WANT to have armor with more DPS?

Get the two stats DMG and DPS as high as you absolutely can. I think for your level Agile Heartseekers or Agile Lifethief would be a good choice… at level 25 / 26 see if you can find a Flintlock of Brutality.
Yes,

I think that's all I can remember right now... ANY help would be appreciated :) Game is pretty fun.
Edit: I like using daggers :) Not sure if I have to have a bow too or not though but yeah :D

I prefer Daggers for Trash Mobs and wimpy bosses. When it comes to tough boss fights I swap out for the bow.
Using the NoxBox build is probably best with a bow since the DOT damage is related to your DMG stat and not your DPS, plus you can kite more effectively with a bow.

Check out all of my guides (links in my signature).
Check out all of Zuzeq’s posts – he’s a noxbox rogue and a very effective one
Check out all of Kalizzaa’s posts (Goodsyntax is his forum name) he has some quality guides as well

Hope this was helpful :) Feel free to hit me up in game if you’d like a little one-on-one training… although I’m pretty inactive as of late :)

Tatipu
10-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks Alrisaia :)

I love my rogue more but I also tried the other two classes and I suprisingly like them as well.

For warrior, it's just fun to hold aggro on mobs :D At least on the lower levels. Hardly any health pots being used unless I'm doing hauntlet or solo tombs.

For mage, it's just really fast killing even with epic armor only lol. DOT on that time clock :P.

I've been trying to start playing my rogue again but I used the build given by heartless and I gotta say it's difficult for solo-ing so I'll try to go nox build. I really wanted to get a bow since lately in instances Ive seen crazy dmg with bow players :p We'll see. Thankyou!