PDA

View Full Version : CTF Tournament Rules FAQ/Feedback

Taejo
10-20-2013, 10:34 PM
As requested by Apollo, I am creating this thread to act as an FAQ/Feedback medium for the upcoming tournament rules. Here, some of the common questions will be answered in order to alleviate any misinterpretation or confusion by participants. Although most of the rules for the upcoming tournament have been finalized, some players may find a rule to be controversial in which it can be discussed here. I'd like to remind everyone to keep any discussions respectful and appropriate. Lastly, this FAQ/Feedback does not include the entire layout of the tournament rules. Please review the rules here (link) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120639-Battle-of-the-Greats-L36-AL-CTF-Tournament!) prior to reading this thread. Thank you.

1. What kind of tournament is this?

This tournament is a bracket style, single elimination CTF tournament. Each bracket match will consist of two teams made up of 5 players, who will compete against each other in a game of CTF.

2. How do I sign up and register a team for the tournament?

A forum account is needed to register your team for the tournament and must be done by the team captain. The team captain must be specified by posting on the forum thread (link) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120639-Battle-of-the-Greats-L36-AL-CTF-Tournament!). Team captains must post the following information regarding their team members: Name, Class, Weapon and Pet. No team is made official until registering. Team captains will register their teams through the following link: Registration (link) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/tournaments.php?do=view&id=51)

Instructions for team captains:
1. Click the above registration link to navigate to the official tournament page.
2. Once there, click the drop-down box labeled "New" in the upper, right-hand corner of the screen directly above "Tournament Details".
3. Click "New Team".
4. Fill out the applicable fields: Team name and short team name description (enter names, classes, weapons and pets).

3. Who enforces the rules of each match and how do we report any infractions?

Each team has acknowledged that they have read and understand the rules of the tournament upon registering. The honor system is therefore imposed and each team is responsible for upholding the rules of the tournament. Any infractions sighted by either team are to be backed up by substantial evidence and sent to the tournament officials (Apollo, Delphina and Taejo). Without supporting evidence, the tournament officials will not be able to make a ruling decision. Everyone is expected to play the game fairly, honestly and in a mature manner. There is zero tolerance for any foul play or immaturity (to include derogatory trash talking) during this tournament!

4. Can you explain how teams are to be set up (i.e. classes, arcane weapons, and pets)?

Setting up your team properly is an important part of the tournament registration process. Here's an example:

1. Apollo (rogue), Razorbacks, Glacian (arcane pet #1)
2. Taejo (warrior), Maul, Slag
3. Delphina (sorcerer), Orbital Staff, Samael (arcane pet #2)
4. Samhayne (rogue), Entangled Bow, Hammerjaw (arcane pet #3)
5. Joe (sorcerer), Mythic Gun, Grimm

Red = 1 arcane weapon per team (user must not equip an arcane pet)
Orange = 3 stun/terrify/panic pets (arcane ability only) per team
The other colors = no more than 2 of the same class per team

5. Can gear or pets be changed once the tournament has begun?

No. It is very important that each team carefully plans and maps out their equipment and pets prior to the tournament starting. Changes can only be made prior to the tournament start date with approval by Apollo, Delphina or Taejo.

6. What do I do if my pet becomes hungry during the match? Can I switch to another pet?

No. You must feed your pet, so plan accordingly by carrying enough gold for a few feedings.

7. Can any player act a substitute for one team but also be a primary member of another?

No. Players may only be part of one team, whether they are a substitute player or primary member. This includes any character on that person's account! Additionally, once a team is registered, no changes may be made to any team rosters unless approved by Apollo.

8. Can a player use both an arcane weapon and an arcane pet?

No.

9. What is considered a "stun pet"?

A stun pet is any pet whose arcane ability has either: stun, terrify or panic. Examples: George, Clyde, Slag, Samael. Any pet whose passive ability has a stun element in it is not considered a stun pet. Example: Deary, Rocky, Hammerjaw. Vixen is not considered a stun pet.

10. Do arcane pets count towards the number of allowed stun pets?

Yes! Any pet whose arcane ability can stun a target, whether they are rare, epic, legendary, mythic or arcane, is considered a stun pet. A maximum of three stun pets are allowed per team. Likewise, a maximum of three arcane pets are allowed per team.

11. How do we plan our bracket matches with the other team?

Coordinate with them either in-game or via the forums. The best way to coordinate matches is for each team's captain to first collaborate with their team, figure out a date/time, and then collaborate with the other team's captain. Additionally, on the day of the match, there must be a screenshot of both teams acknowledging the match to begin. This screenshot must be posted on the tournament thread or sent via private message (forum) to Apollo, Delphina or Taejo.

12. Do we get to pick what color team we're on (i.e. red or blue)?

Yes. Coordinate this via team captain to team captain prior to match start.

13. How do we report the outcome of a match?

The final score must be captured and posted on both the tournament thread as well as private messaged (forum) to Apollo, Delphina or Taejo.

14. Can matches be recorded via video applications, etc.?

Yes! In fact we highly encourage anyone to use this to their advantage, as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone's game play. With that being said, lag or framerate loss due to running these types of apps in the background are not a valid excuse for losing a match, etc.

15. How long will the tournament take to complete?

There are four total rounds: Round 1, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals and the Final match. Each team must coordinate and complete each round within seven (7) days - this includes reporting the outcome of the match! However, if all teams report their matches to be over prior to 7 days, the tournament can progress into the next round. The entire tournament, if week-long intervals are used, has a maximum length of 1 month.

16. Will there be any prizes for the winners/participants of this contest?

(As of 21 Oct) This is currently in-work, and there is no definite answer at this time (i.e., no banner available). We hope to coordinate with STS developers to issue out some platinum as a reward, and possibly an exclusive banner to the winners of the tournament. We are also working on setting up a design contest for the banner graphics as well. If this tournament runs smoothly and rewards remain a viable option, we plan to host many more in the near future! The main objective is to have fun with some good old, legitimate capture the flag!

Please feel free to post any additional questions, comments or concerns regarding the tournament rules. This will also be the appropriate place to discuss any issues that may arise during the tournament, as well as provide the means for feedback once the tournament has concluded.

** Please do not quote this entire post when making any type of response. Thank you! **

Taejo
10-20-2013, 10:34 PM
21 October update: Tournament bracket is back up and running!
21 October update: Added information about Vixen in stun pet question.
21 October update: Updated tournament type to single elimination.
22 October update: Tournament ladder is finally filled and the tournament can now begin!
23 October update: Added question #15 regarding tournament length.

Instanthumor
10-20-2013, 10:54 PM
There is an error. I cannot go access the link.

Taejo
10-20-2013, 11:05 PM
There is an error. I cannot go access the link.

Fixed. Thank you.

Venom
10-21-2013, 06:17 AM
My suggestion: Design a black or dark banner.. Would be really amazing to sport one of those XD

inkredible
10-21-2013, 10:54 AM
I suggest top 2 or 3 teams get banner - One different color for the first

how about a vanity crown ;) HAHA - untradable jk

Alhuntrazeck
10-21-2013, 11:06 AM
I suggest NO BANNER. Plat awards are fine, but for a tourney with like 5 teams what's the point of having exclusive banners? You'll see like 5 people in Arlor with those!

Zeus
10-21-2013, 11:10 AM
I suggest NO BANNER. Plat awards are fine, but for a tourney with like 5 teams what's the point of having exclusive banners? You'll see like 5 people in Arlor with those!

There's 8 teams in a double elimination which is a lot. That's over 40 players, meaning quite a decent turnout. So, I think the banner reward is fine.

Deadroth
10-21-2013, 11:55 AM
There's 8 teams in a double elimination which is a lot. That's over 40 players, meaning quite a decent turnout. So, I think the banner reward is fine.

But it is still only 40 persons from 40000 players.. And only 15 or 5 would recive banner? I like this idea, BUT there is one design competition alrdy, and If this competition would get 100 players, there could be a method in giving banner to best of them.

Zeus
10-21-2013, 12:02 PM
But it is still only 40 persons from 40000 players.. And only 15 or 5 would recive banner? I like this idea, BUT there is one design competition alrdy, and If this competition would get 100 players, there could be a method in giving banner to best of them.

40k players? I'm looking at the teams and so far, they contain some of the top PvPers. This tournament will be fierce. Also, the point of the banners IS to be exclusive. That's just how it is. It gives something for people to crave and work towards in the game.

The only people seeming to complain about this is the ones who aren't in the tourney & non-mythics players. Keep in mind that I do have a tournament in mind for non-mythic players as well, so I am not trying to leave anyone out. Of course, that will only happen if this one goes well.

P.S: Ig we want to be exact, a total of 64 players max will be able to compete. Now, that is A BUNCH of players for a CTF tournament. I wouldn't call this a small tournament by any means.

Deadroth
10-21-2013, 12:09 PM
40k players? I'm looking at the teams and so far, they contain some of the top PvPers. This tournament will be fierce. Also, the point of the banners IS to be exclusive. That's just how it is. It gives something for people to crave and work towards in the game.

The only people seeming to complain about this is the ones who aren't in the tourney & non-mythics players. Keep in mind that I do have a tournament in mind for non-mythic players as well, so I am not trying to leave anyone out. Of course, that will only happen if this one goes well.

Ofc Apollo, but i don't had any of bad intentions towards Your person in my previous post :) I think the plat rewards are enough for competition like this, and (please tbh, many players have enough of banners...) If there would be 'vanity' reward for that contest, lets make animated banner.. Like spinning skulls around player, or something like that.

As i said above, i only wanted to say, banners are quite 'retro' things now, i am talking bout those 'non-animated'. And i think You do great job by hosting, and spending Your time on preparations. GJ, but i still think the 'non animated banner' is bad idea. And belive me, i know what i am saying.

The banner competition won't please all of players.. Remember this timed banner contest? 1/5 of players thought banners are.. quite wierdo... So to avoid situations like that, I suggest to award plat, not banners.

Zeus
10-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Ofc Apollo, but i don't had any of bad intentions towards Your person in my previous post :) I think the plat rewards are enough for competition like this, and (please tbh, many players have enough of banners...) If there would be 'vanity' reward for that contest, lets make animated banner.. Like spinning skulls around player, or something like that.

As i said above, i only wanted to say, banners are quite 'retro' things now, i am talking bout those 'non-animated'. And i think You do great job by hosting, and spending Your time on preparations. GJ, but i still think the 'non animated banner' is bad idea. And belive me, i know what i am saying.

The banner competition won't please all of players.. Remember this timed banner contest? 1/5 of players thought banners are.. quite wierdo... So to avoid situations like that, I suggest to award plat, not banners.

Respectfully, I do not see anyone who is in the tournament complaining about the banner prize. In fact, some are actually excited about the chance of obtaining it! Wether people thought the timed run banner looked weird then is no matter, because now, it's a rare banner that some people would like.

So, I think like in previous developer sponsored tournaments... this reward system should work fine. It's rewards, what is there to complain about for getting something for free?

Deadroth
10-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Respectfully, I do not see anyone who is in the tournament complaining about the banner prize. In fact, some are actually excited about the chance of obtaining it! Wether people thought the timed run banner looked weird then is no matter, because now, it's a rare banner that some people would like.

So, I think like in previous developer sponsored tournaments... this reward system should work fine. It's rewards, what is there to complain about for getting something for free?

Oh. So You are saying for getting banner to ALL of players who parcipate the tournament? If so... This could be not so bad idea, if everyone who took part, got something. If only for winners, i still disagree wid next banners..

Zeus
10-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Oh. So You are saying for getting banner to ALL of players who parcipate the tournament? If so... This could be not so bad idea, if everyone who took part, got something. If only for winners, i still disagree wid next banners..

Why...? Can you explain your reasoning behind this because it makes no sense to me. Honestly, complaining about prizes will just get the prizes ruined for everyone. Consider playing in the tournament for fun. If you get the banner, cool! If not, you at least had some fun, right?

Deadroth
10-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Why...? Can you explain your reasoning behind this because it makes no sense to me. Honestly, complaining about prizes will just get the prizes ruined for everyone. Consider playing in the tournament for fun. If you get the banner, cool! If not, you at least had some fun, right?

And dramas with 'he shot me while i was standin' or really increased d ratio ;) As You said, this is tournament for fun, so i don't see purpose on making contests (with rewards for designer), to improve contest (with rewards from ideas of previous one). Main point of that is 'fun' am i right? Not banners. Ofc You are host, and You can do something like that, but i suppose it is pointless in some ways. But that is only mine opinion. You don't have to agree with it :)

Zeus
10-21-2013, 12:38 PM
And dramas with 'he shot me while i was standin' or really increased d ratio ;) As You said, this is tournament for fun, so i don't see purpose on making contests (with rewards for designer), to improve contest (with rewards from ideas of previous one). Main point of that is 'fun' am i right? Not banners. Ofc You are host, and You can do something like that, but i suppose it is pointless in some ways. But that is only mine opinion. You don't have to agree with it :)

Death, prizes are meant to be a reward. Yes, the tournament is for fun. It gives players something to do. If you win, cool! The winner gets some awesome goodies.

Also, it seems that you're making these assumptions without reading the rules of the tournament. If you read the rules, you can see that they are quite complex and cover many instances of cheating.

The prizes will stay. Those that win deserve those banners and if I can help it, I will not let anyone take that moment away from them. To ask that is quite selfish, Deadroth. :/

I'm sorry, I hope you understand why there's prizes set into place for tournaments. In the Olympics, they do not just hand out medals to everyone, do they?

Deadroth
10-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Death, prizes are meant to be a reward. Yes, the tournament is for fun. It gives players something to do. If you win, cool! The winner gets some awesome goodies.

Also, it seems that you're making these assumptions without reading the rules of the tournament. If you read the rules, you can see that they are quite complex and cover many instances of cheating.

The prizes will stay. Those that win deserve those banners and if I can help it, I will not let anyone take that moment away from them. To ask that is quite selfish, Deadroth. :/

I'm sorry, I hope you understand why there's prizes set into place for tournaments. In the Olympics, they do not just hand out medals to everyone, do they?

But this is not an olympic my dear Apollo ;/, if i am too selfish, i apologize, but as i said, it is mine opinion, and it don't obligate everyone to agree with it :) I think Making another design-banner competition is pointless, and it takes too much time. Ofc it is tournament under Your foot, and You will do what You think it is good, i am only saying. And i understand prices are important.. But making contest.. maybe even bigger in its range to suppourt another, is too consuming, be honest...

Zeus
10-21-2013, 12:44 PM
But this is not an olympic my dear Apollo ;/, if i am too selfish, i apologize, but as i said, it is mine opinion, and it don't obligate everyone to agree with it :) I think Making another design-banner competition is pointless, and it takes too much time.

Deadroth,

Tournaments are meant both for friendly competition, fun, & prizes. For some players, they'd like the plat. For others, an exclusive item is what they're shooting for. So, the metaphor for the Olympics does apply.

The thing is though... opinions like this have the chance to ruin it for those who are actually competing and have invested time and millions of gold into the tournament. I know players who have bought mythic daggers at ridiculous prices just for this tournament. It would not be fair to them at all.

Deadroth
10-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Deadroth,

The thing is though... opinions like this have the chance to ruin it for those who are actually competing and have invested time and millions of gold into the tournament. I know players who have bought mythic daggers at ridiculous prices just for this tournament. It would not be fair to them at all.

Ok, im waiting to see the next design competition soon :) (Buzzzz.. Why i said it is pointless.. i can win plat.. ;)) I will get my hat off if it will really start.

PS. I think i can't say too much here lmao ;)

Deadroth,

Tournaments are meant both for friendly competition, fun, & prizes. For some players, they'd like the plat. For others, an exclusive item is what they're shooting for. So, the metaphor for the Olympics does apply.

I see. So the banners are very valuable to some of players? I thought, they only takes the space in UI XD Tho maybe i didn't get any 'valuable' one. Anyway.. It would be cool to wear piece designed by myself. I have read also the second thread bout tournament, and If Samhayne told there will be 'exqluziw' XD banner to winners.. I drolled.. This means, that competition have rank of 'fastest timed event' from last few months?

Joncheese
10-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Ok so I will give my personal input into the banners....

I think that they are a fabulous idea. Me and everyone I have spoken to are excited at the prospect of obtaining a rare banner (not for one moment do I think I will win it mind you), plat IMO is not why we are entering.

I have NEVER been involved in anything like this and I'm extremely excited to be a part of it. There are plenty of high end players and I think if we can generate enough interest with this initial tournament then other great ones will follow. Imagine if the tournament grew to 100+ players. Imagine if a pvp league was started from this (I know I'm probably being a bit unrealistic there). The possibilities are endless. But I think the main point here is that banners or items of rarity are also what entice players in. Doesn't mean we aren't doing it for the fun factor, but it does mean that we get a nice shiny 'trophy' at the end. Just like any other competition I think it is essential.

I can see your worry about others being left out dead, but if Apollo has a non myth tournament planned from this, that will mean a much wider spectrum of player that can be included. Ultimately though it is up to the player to get involved.

It's really no different than leaderboard times and pvp..... You still have to put the effort in.

Deadroth
10-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Ok so I will give my personal input into the banners....

I think that they are a fabulous idea. Me and everyone I have spoken to are excited at the prospect of obtaining a rare banner (not for one moment do I think I will win it mind you), plat IMO is not why we are entering.

I have NEVER been involved in anything like this and I'm extremely excited to be a part of it. There are plenty of high end players and I think if we can generate enough interest with this initial tournament then other great ones will follow. Imagine if the tournament grew to 100+ players. Imagine if a pvp league was started from this (I know I'm probably being a bit unrealistic there). The possibilities are endless. But I think the main point here is that banners or items of rarity are also what entice players in. Doesn't mean we aren't doing it for the fun factor, but it does mean that we get a nice shiny 'trophy' at the end. Just like any other competition I think it is essential.

I can see your worry about others being left out dead, but if Apollo has a non myth tournament planned from this, that will mean a much wider spectrum of player that can be included. Ultimately though it is up to the player to get involved.

It's really no different than leaderboard times and pvp..... You still have to put the effort in.

I always love Your peacefull and wise posts bestfriend. They are like glass of cold water. Yes. I was afraid about those who are behind, but i realized, that taking part in such 'elite' tournament is enough reward am i right ? ;) Who knows.. Maybe Apollo will do also ' only-legendary' one ;) Ofc If that competition will start, You have one entry alrdy :)

Taejo
10-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Hi Deadroth, thanks for your feedback on the banners. This is exactly why this very thread exists :) Please note that my response is directed at anyone reading this, not just yourself.

Banners are the perfect reward mechanism in this game, and I do believe that is why STS implemented them in the first place. At the moment, there are 3 categories of banners: 1) Generic banners that anyone can buy, 2) Limited time banners that happen every once in a blue moon (e.g. Best Banner Ever and Timed Run Contest) and 3) Leaderboard banners which reward those who are "best of the best" (in theory :)). I would wager to bet that a very small amount of people have collected the majority of these banners or even stand a chance at doing so. The fact of the matter stands, if you miss out on any of category 2 or 3's banners, you can never collect them later. The population of people who actually try to get on the LB is not very big when compared to the overall population, and we don't expect the population of players interested in our contests to be very big at the start. Maybe when people hear about it and see the banners in town, they will be more compelled to enter the next tournament.

Our banners for this tournament would best fit into category 2. STS has already pioneered exclusive contest banners in the past (Timed Run Contest). That contest wasn't exactly fair for the entire population of players and yet participants who placed on the LB still received a very nice looking, exclusive banner (plus a random chance at a mythic ring). This tournament is no different from that concept, except only one set of banners will be handed out (and no random mythic ring). As I said, we plan to host these tournaments regularly and tailor each one's rules to better fit the community (i.e. have everyone wear legendary gear or disallow arcanes, etc.) so that everyone has a fair chance. This first contest is focused on the end-game PvPers so we can get some solid feedback on mythic gear and arcane weapons/pets and how they effect CTF overall in a tournament.

To summarize this: The AL community needs to realize that banners are just pixellated representation of personal accomplishments - nothing else! They do not grant any bonuses. Avid banner collectors need to get over the fact that not every banner is obtainable, especially in a game with as much competitiveness as AL. Lastly, if anyone would like a chance to win a banners, SIGN UP!

Deadroth
10-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi Deadroth, thanks for your feedback on the banners. This is exactly why this very thread exists :) Please note that my response is directed at anyone reading this, not just yourself.

Banners are the perfect reward mechanism in this game, and I do believe that is why STS implemented them in the first place. At the moment, there are 3 categories of banners: 1) Generic banners that anyone can buy, 2) Limited time banners that happen every once in a blue moon (e.g. Best Banner Ever and Timed Run Contest) and 3) Leaderboard banners which reward those who are "best of the best" (in theory :)). I would wager to bet that a very small amount of people have collected the majority of these banners or even stand a chance at doing so. The fact of the matter stands, if you miss out on any of category 2 or 3's banners, you can never collect them later. The population of people who actually try to get on the LB is not very big when compared to the overall population, and we don't expect the population of players interested in our contests to be very big at the start. Maybe when people hear about it and see the banners in town, they will be more compelled to enter the next tournament.

Our banners for this tournament would best fit into category 2. STS has already pioneered exclusive contest banners in the past (Timed Run Contest). That contest wasn't exactly fair for the entire population of players and yet participants who placed on the LB still received a very nice looking, exclusive banner (plus a random chance at a mythic ring). This tournament is no different from that concept, except only one set of banners will be handed out (and no random mythic ring). As I said, we plan to host these tournaments regularly and tailor each one's rules to better fit the community (i.e. have everyone wear legendary gear or disallow arcanes, etc.) so that everyone has a fair chance. This first contest is focused on the end-game PvPers so we can get some solid feedback on mythic gear and arcane weapons/pets and how they effect CTF overall in a tournament.

To summarize this: The AL community needs to realize that banners are just pixellated representation of personal accomplishments - nothing else! They do not grant any bonuses. Avid banner collectors need to get over the fact that not every banner is obtainable, especially in a game with as much competitiveness as AL. Lastly, if anyone would like a chance to win a banners, SIGN UP!

I have no questions. I agree. If deeply thought.. This design competitions starts to have sense. So You aren't only making 'fight for elites' but also You change the common perception about that, banners can be usefull in some ways. Idk that would success but i wish You best :)

Cero
10-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Just wanna ask about the subs.
their mainly part of the team who may not be ablr to play for they're just subs, so does this 40banner count missed to count the subs?

Also im just guessing that the subs will get banners even if they ddnt play.

Taejo
10-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Just wanna ask about the subs.
their mainly part of the team who may not be ablr to play for they're just subs, so does this 40banner count missed to count the subs?

Also im just guessing that the subs will get banners even if they ddnt play.

Hi Cero. Before everyone gets too worked up about banners, I need to reiterate what the FAQ states: there has not been any decision made by STS yet regarding banners - we are simply pitching the idea to them to make the tournament more interesting. I apologize if we have created too much hype surrounding the possibility of banners, and hope that no one is participating solely for the chance of winning one. The truth of the matter is they might not even exist if STS decides against adding them as an available reward. With that being said, I or Apollo will let everyone know what STS's decision is regarding the banners as a reward.

Platinum is still being discussed, but will most likely be an available reward!

inkredible
10-21-2013, 03:28 PM
I didn't really read much of the banner discussion
tournament like the times run tournament that sts hosted is similar to this
If you didn't have any mythic gear or arcane pets to help with the time or plats to buy elixirs with then
You're tech no match against people who does.
This tournament is available for everyone and number of teams participating can be increased to 16 teams or more (16x8 ) if they're enough players
The only difference I really see is that .. Not everyone can join or try unlike timed runs for crypts (in which we all know lvl 15 can beat)
But 90% of the timed runs were end game times (elites) just like this is- but then again it's people's choice to do twinks.. Not sts so if they wanted to join this tourny then do end game .. As for this tourny .. I don't think Apollo is really saying you can't join if you have no mythic .. I think u may wanna reword that Apollo . If they have legendary let them
Join but don't blame Apollo or any organizers if you get ur butt kicked by full mythics arcane players

The only reason why Apollo and them said NON mythics aren't allowed , not to limit players but to have a more
Fair play for people who join. Other wise you'll see a bunch of legendary players complaining that mythics shouldn't be allowed.

He already said , if this tourny goes well .. Which we all hope it
Does.. He will run a non mythic people only .. Which id assume with similar prize
Join if you want just don't be surprise
To feel the huge difference having no myth against full myth

I'm on my
Phone so maybe much of spelling grammar error but you get what I mean I hope

Taejo
10-21-2013, 03:43 PM
I didn't really read much of the banner discussion
tournament like the times run tournament that sts hosted is similar to this
If you didn't have any mythic gear or arcane pets to help with the time or plats to buy elixirs with then
You're tech no match against people who does.
This tournament is available for everyone and number of teams participating can be increased to 16 teams or more (16x8 ) if they're enough players
The only difference I really see is that .. Not everyone can join or try unlike timed runs for crypts (in which we all know lvl 15 can beat)
But 90% of the timed runs were end game times (elites) just like this is- but then again it's people's choice to do twinks.. Not sts so if they wanted to join this tourny then do end game .. As for this tourny .. I don't think Apollo is really saying you can't join if you have no mythic .. I think u may wanna reword that Apollo . If they have legendary let them
Join but don't blame Apollo or any organizers if you get ur butt kicked by full mythics arcane players

The only reason why Apollo and them said NON mythics aren't allowed , not to limit players but to have a more
Fair play for people who join. Other wise you'll see a bunch of legendary players complaining that mythics shouldn't be allowed.

He already said , if this tourny goes well .. Which we all hope it
Does.. He will run a non mythic people only .. Which id assume with similar price.
Join if you want just don't be surprise
To feel the huge difference having full myth and no myth

Thanks for the insightful feedback, Ink. Although this is purely Apollo's tournament, I am still assisting him in the realm of planning and development for matters such as this.

The problem with the ladder system is the way it increases in size with no room to modify it (as far as I know). If it weren't for this, we would gladly accept all and any registered teams and tailor the bracket accordingly. This would ensure "equal opportunity" for anyone wanting to sign up. I think there are a few ways around this that would take some consideration and planning, however. For example, if 13 prospective teams sign up, but the next level of brackets is 16 teams, then we could possibly pair 3 of the teams up with fillers (made up teams that don't actually exist), and they would be granted a Bye (free pass to the next round). The Bye would simply be chosen by form of a raffle. This is just one example of how we can exploit the limited bracket system to improve the tournament.

Next, the rules of tournament are very demanding this round because it is the premiere tournament. As we can all see, the majority of players signing up are end-gamers with stellar gear/pets and whom PvP a lot. Hopefully by word of mouth following a successful tournament, the popularity grows and we receive more inquiries to join by more players. If this works and we have a large scale tournament (32 teams or so), my personal idea is to have strict rules that demand more strategy and tactics from players, thus creating a fair battleground for all. The one I am pushing on Apollo right now, for example, is a tournament where everyone wears the same armor and weapons (e.g. devourer) and chooses pets from a pre-selected list (7-10 available pets, no arcanes). Tournaments like this would allow for more players to be able to enter; and in the end strategy, skill and teamwork will decide the winners.

Lastly, I feel the same way you do about legendary wearers joining this tournament, in that, they understand that they will be facing mythic/arcane users and are entering the tournament on their own accord. Perhaps Apollo can respond as to why this rule exists. I do not have an answer for this.

Puntus
10-21-2013, 04:05 PM
I hope stg dont give any reward for this tournment , its absolutely unfair for the players who wanna participate and cant for the limited teams in tournment , make the rewards in ur own players , thats more fair.
Anyways good luck!

Zeus
10-21-2013, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the insightful feedback, Ink. Although this is purely Apollo's tournament, I am still assisting him in the realm of planning and development for matters such as this.

The problem with the ladder system is the way it increases in size with no room to modify it (as far as I know). If it weren't for this, we would gladly accept all and any registered teams and tailor the bracket accordingly. This would ensure "equal opportunity" for anyone wanting to sign up. I think there are a few ways around this that would take some consideration and planning, however. For example, if 13 prospective teams sign up, but the next level of brackets is 16 teams, then we could possibly pair 3 of the teams up with fillers (made up teams that don't actually exist), and they would be granted a buy (free pass to the next round). The buy would simply be chosen by form of a raffle. This is just one example of how we can exploit the limited bracket system to improve the tournament.

Next, the rules of tournament are very demanding this round because it is the premiere tournament. As we can all see, the majority of players signing up are end-gamers with stellar gear/pets and whom PvP a lot. Hopefully by word of mouth following a successful tournament, the popularity grows and we receive more inquiries to join by more players. If this works and we have a large scale tournament (32 teams or so), my personal idea is to have strict rules that demand more strategy and tactics from players, thus creating a fair battleground for all. The one I am pushing on Apollo right now, for example, is a tournament where everyone wears the same armor and weapons (e.g. devourer) and chooses pets from a pre-selected list (7-10 available pets, no arcanes). Tournaments like this would allow for more players to be able to enter; and in the end strategy, skill and teamwork will decide the winners.

Lastly, I feel the same way you do about legendary wearers joining this tournament, in that, they understand that they will be facing mythic/arcane users and are entering the tournament on their own accord. Perhaps Apollo can respond as to why this rule exists. I do not have an answer for this.

I never stated that legendary players would not be allowed to join the tournament.

inkredible
10-21-2013, 04:18 PM
I hope stg dont give any reward for this tournment , its absolutely unfair for the players who wanna participate and cant for the limited teams in tournment , make the rewards in ur own players , thats more fair.
Anyways good luck!

There's always limits in life , friend ;) just bec some players are limited doesn't mean
Great players shouldn't be rewarded with what they're good at.
THINK of this like FIFA. Don't you ever think that a lot of soccer players wanna be able to play for that? Lmao
Unfair how people have more advantage and benefits in life don't ya think?

Taejo
10-21-2013, 04:22 PM
I never stated that legendary players would not be allowed to join the tournament.

No, I meant the rule "Mythic items are allowed". I was just opening the floor to you if you wanted to elaborate on it. At the moment, its not really an issue, though.

inkredible
10-21-2013, 04:26 PM

The problem with the ladder system is the way it increases in size with no room to modify it (as far as I know). If it weren't for this, we would gladly accept all and any registered teams and tailor the bracket accordingly. This would ensure "equal opportunity" for anyone wanting to sign up. I think there are a few ways around this that would take some consideration and planning, however. For example, if 13 prospective teams sign up, but the next level of brackets is 16 teams, then we could possibly pair 3 of the teams up with fillers (made up teams that don't actually exist), and they would be granted a Bye (free pass to the next round). The Bye would simply be chosen by form of a raffle. This is just one example of how we can exploit the limited bracket system to improve the tournament.

Great points but then again.. If you wanna compete for the top.. Won't u wanna compete with the best you got ? There's already a lot of limiting factors here just to make it as fair as possible , I'm fine with the rules now my only worries is how it's gonna be when it starts.. Blind competition but we will see how it turns out , perhaps a trial game from two teams to show what kind of screen shots needed ???? - people don't read much - visual images people look at

Taejo
10-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Anyways good luck!

Most tournaments in life are limited to a certain amount of participants/teams. If they weren't it would be a logistical nightmare. For example, I've hosted many golf tournaments within my community - and although we have a few hundred golfers who want a piece of the pie, I have to limit it or it would be an outright disaster. A game doesn't really merit any exception to this guideline. Although 8 teams is a bit limited, its the best we can do for now and we will try to improve it in the future. The rewards (if any - STS has not approved them) are not going to excessive. However, it is still fair that after all the hard work and success a team endures to becoming the tournaments winners, they most certainly deserve a reward other than outright respect.

Puntus
10-21-2013, 04:27 PM
There's always limits in life , friend ;) just bec some players are limited doesn't mean
Great players shouldn't be rewarded with what they're good at.
THINK of this like FIFA. Don't you ever think that a lot of soccer players wanna be able to play for that? Lmao
Unfair how people have more advantage and benefits in life don't ya think?

Yes , u re right , but the players re selected for coach lol and here the players selected for who is more faster haha, well it doesnt matter , I hope can participate next tournments.
Good luck all teams, make videos in youtube , should be nice see the matches.

Puntus
10-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Most tournaments in life are limited to a certain amount of participants/teams. If they weren't it would be a logistical nightmare. For example, I've hosted many golf tournaments within my community - and although we have a few hundred golfers who want a piece of the pie, I have to limit it or it would be an outright disaster. A game doesn't really merit any exception to this guideline. Although 8 teams is a bit limited, its the best we can do for now and we will try to improve it in the future. The rewards (if any - STS has not approved them) are not going to excessive. However, it is still fair that after all the hard work and success a team endures to becoming the tournaments winners, they most certainly deserve a reward other than outright respect.

Yes , im agreed , just jealous coz I cant participate... :p , good luck all!

Puntus
10-21-2013, 04:30 PM
I suggested videos from matches please! I wanna see this clashes!

Taejo
10-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Great points but then again.. If you wanna compete for the top.. Won't u wanna compete with the best you got ? There's already a lot of limiting factors here just to make it as fair as possible , I'm fine with the rules now my only worries is how it's gonna be when it starts.. Blind competition but we will see how it turns out , perhaps a trial game from two teams to show what kind of screen shots needed ???? - people don't read much - visual images people look at

For the screenshots, they are very simple. Use the in-game chatbox to make sure everyone is ready prior to the match starting. This must be done regardless that the red barriers have gone down after all team members have joined the map! Once everyone is, take a screenshot. If any infractions are witnessed, such as trash talking, 2 arcane weapons being used or someone switched out pets, take a screenshot. This is why its so important that every team posts their gear and pets, so we know for sure when having to decipher any evidence of an infraction. Knowledge is power :). Once the game has concluded, take a screenshot of the final screen. Send all screenshots to Apollo, Delphina and Taejo.

My thought process behind opening the tournaments to more teams is simply to draw more members of the community together and create a larger scale event for everyone to enjoy. Because full mythic/arcane users are a bit polarized from anyone with less gear, it is more fair to put everyone on equal playing grounds and let strategy/tactics take over. The theory is that the best PvPers will still come out winning, regardless if they had to sacrifice their gear/pets.

inkredible
10-21-2013, 04:39 PM
For the screenshots, they are very simple. Use the in-game chatbox to make sure everyone is ready prior to the match starting. This must be done regardless that the red barriers have gone down after all team members have joined the map! Once everyone is, take a screenshot. If any infractions are witnessed, such as trash talking, 2 arcane weapons being used or someone switched out pets, take a screenshot. This is why its so important that every team posts their gear and pets, so we know for sure when having to decipher any evidence of an infraction. Knowledge is power :). Once the game has concluded, take a screenshot of the final screen. Send all screenshots to Apollo, Delphina and Taejo.

My thought process behind opening the tournaments to more teams is simply to draw more members of the community together and create a larger scale event for everyone to enjoy. Because full mythic/arcane users are a bit polarized from anyone with less gear, it is more fair to put everyone on equal playing grounds and let strategy/tactics take over. The theory is that the best PvPers will still come out winning, regardless if they had to sacrifice their gear/pets.

Yeah I understand how it's done with screen shots
But I meant - sample screen shots to add to your threads for people to see visually how it would work

Taejo
10-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Yeah I understand how it's done with screen shots
But I meant - sample screen shots to add to your threads for people to see visually how it would work

Ah, I understand. Thanks I will try to make that now.

inkredible
10-21-2013, 04:47 PM
I suggested videos from matches please! I wanna see this clashes!

U need a gamer comp for that -.- tried on Mac meh too laggy ,, it be great tho

Zeus
10-21-2013, 05:07 PM
U need a gamer comp for that -.- tried on Mac meh too laggy ,, it be great tho

I can record on mine. I believe that Tumaaa can record as well.

So, whatever matches I am doing, I will try to record.

Haligali
10-22-2013, 02:26 AM
There may be no more than 3 stun-related pets (this includes terrify & panic pets) on one team. This tournament will require variation.
• Arcane pets will be allowed, but no more than 3 arcane pets will be allowed on the team.
• 1 Arcane weapon per team will be allowed.
• Only 1 arcane rarity item is allowed to be equipped. Meaning, if one has a Maul of Ollerus and Samael, they will have to choose which one to use.

How you control this during the match?

Zeus
10-22-2013, 09:37 AM

When the tournament begins, I will be taking screenshots of each team's team description. It is up to the teams facing off to also take this into account.

Then, when it comes match time, if they are not wearing what they should be wearing when the match begins, they will be DQ'd.

Taejo
10-22-2013, 11:21 AM
There may be no more than 3 stun-related pets (this includes terrify & panic pets) on one team. This tournament will require variation.
• Arcane pets will be allowed, but no more than 3 arcane pets will be allowed on the team.
• 1 Arcane weapon per team will be allowed.
• Only 1 arcane rarity item is allowed to be equipped. Meaning, if one has a Maul of Ollerus and Samael, they will have to choose which one to use.

I hope everyone is reading the entire FAQ :)

3. Who enforces the rules of each match and how do we report any infractions?

Each team has acknowledged that they have read and understand the rules of the tournament upon registering. The honor system is therefore imposed and each team is responsible for upholding the rules of the tournament. Any infractions sighted by either team are to be backed up by substantial evidence and sent to the tournament officials (Apollo, Delphina and Taejo). Without supporting evidence, the tournament officials will not be able to make a ruling decision. Everyone is expected to play the game fairly, honestly and in a mature manner. There is zero tolerance for any foul play or immaturity (to include derogatory trash talking) during this tournament!

It's basically the honor system and people need to use integrity. If you see someone cheating/breaking the rules, report it and make sure you get a screenshot.

inkredible
10-22-2013, 01:09 PM
so this single elimination

.. is it like 2v2/1v1

best of three? LMFAO

Taejo
10-22-2013, 01:28 PM
so this single elimination

.. is it like 2v2/1v1

best of three? LMFAO

Not sure I understand your question. The tournament has been changed to single elimination, meaning once you lose a match you are out, and the winner moves on to the next match.

Deadroth
10-22-2013, 02:10 PM
But.. If 4 persons will die cuz of bad connection ect.. This will means. They lose? Or there is point fight? like in that situation should be 1/0 to 'blue' while 'red' died accidentally.

Taejo
10-22-2013, 02:20 PM
But.. If 4 persons will die cuz of bad connection ect.. This will means. They lose? Or there is point fight? like in that situation should be 1/0 to 'blue' while 'red' died accidentally.

I will let Apollo answer this as he has more PL tournament experience than I do. My thoughts, however, are if people legitimately lose connection, both teams should be mature enough to talk it over and perhaps have a rematch. We should all be respectful of the fact that this is a mobile game, and connection is paramount to player performance. On the other hand, this is just like any other MMO tournament. Upon entering, everyone knows that connectivity needs to be stable and that they should plan accordingly. Hopefully, in the event like the one you mentioned, both teams can reasonably come to a solution.

Drearivev
10-22-2013, 02:28 PM
So I read that there might be a tournament for non-Mythic players....does that mean people that have Mythics/Arcanes can downgrade themselves into Legendary gear and participate or solely people that own no Mythics/Arcanes?

Am I asking a question that should be decided if that even happens? :D

Zeus
10-22-2013, 02:28 PM

I believe I stated this in the rules. If I didn't, I'll clarify.

This scenario will not be against the rules if they keep complaining but I am sure that anybody playing will highly appreciate it if a team-member sits out. Why? If I made this into a rule, people could abuse it by claiming lag and forcing some crucial team-members to sit out.

Zeus
10-22-2013, 02:34 PM
So I read that there might be a tournament for non-Mythic players....does that mean people that have Mythics/Arcanes can downgrade themselves into Legendary gear and participate or solely people that own no Mythics/Arcanes?

Am I asking a question that should be decided if that even happens? :D

Yes, it'll be allowed for them to downgrade. Why? A majority of non-mythic users claim mythics are the sole reason for their loss. So, if it is, then I don't see why not a person who is mythics but downgraded cannot participate.

Also, that rule would be too hard to regulate. In the CTF tourney, at least it was only 1 non-mythic player.

Ravager
10-22-2013, 04:23 PM
I registered as the 6th team I believe. My team is not showing up on the brackets.

Zeus
10-22-2013, 06:03 PM
I registered as the 6th team I believe. My team is not showing up on the brackets.

For the record, the teams that were having issues, contacted me. It would be impossible to see yourself as registered when you really weren't registered. The tournament system does not work that way. So, the more that I think about it, the more I realize that if you tried to registered, you would've been notified that you can't join the tournament.

This is why the teams who were having this problem contacted me immediately. My question is... why did you not do the same if you were really facing this issue?

Ravager
10-22-2013, 10:28 PM
For the record, the teams that were having issues, contacted me. It would be impossible to see yourself as registered when you really weren't registered. The tournament system does not work that way. So, the more that I think about it, the more I realize that if you tried to registered, you would've been notified that you can't join the tournament.

This is why the teams who were having this problem contacted me immediately. My question is... why did you not do the same if you were really facing this issue?

Not sure. After I posted my team, I saw a reply from Taejo. He told me to go to a link and register my team as well. I did that through the link. It did not give me any confirmation or any error message. I felt secure afterwards and only checking these threads once a day.

Ravager
10-22-2013, 10:29 PM
When is the first turn in date? Speedofsound is not sure. He thinks it is 2 days from now. If I recall correctly, it is 1 week after the tournament date start? Which is Oct 26? So is the turn in date Nov 2?

Taejo
10-22-2013, 10:33 PM
The tournament will officially start on October 26th, 2013 at 6:00 AM Pacific Standard Time. HOWEVER, if teams would like to fight earlier, as long as they show proof that both of them have agreed it is an official match, they may fight earlier!

Rules to begin an official match will apply! If you DO NOT follow those rules, the match WILL NOT count!

Start date/time.

Ravager
10-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Start date/time.

Thanks Taejo. So how long do we have to turn in the first match?

Zeus
10-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Thanks Taejo. So how long do we have to turn in the first match?

Starting from the official match, you will have 1 week to get in each round. You should communicate with the other team and take screenshots of agreed times to fight. The team that does not show up at that agreed time is the one that will be disqualified.

Soundlesskill
10-23-2013, 12:56 AM
21 October update: Tournament bracket is back up and running!
21 October update: Added information about Vixen in stun pet question.
21 October update: Updated tournament type to single elimination.

Need to make sure.

Single elimination means, you lose 1 gane you're out of tourney, correct?

Taejo
10-23-2013, 01:50 AM
Need to make sure.

Single elimination means, you lose 1 gane you're out of tourney, correct?

That is correct - so make it count! Best of luck to everyone!

Paulsebi
10-23-2013, 06:37 AM
Apollo, Taejo still confusing a bit. (Asking because most working, different time zones etc)

So starting with 26th of October we have one week to play each round, means that the tourney should end in 2nd of November? Right?

Also please check this and clarify :)

For example : Alpha Team fights EOS noobs team on 26-27 th lets say -> one goes further ( let's name it "A" team)
The A Team fights Fox Hound team on 29th lets say -> one goes further (let's name it "B" Team)

"A" Team has to play with "B" Team and they setup a time /date ( 31st of October for example) and one team goes further (let's name it "C" Team)

Then there are two more games till final. What will happen if they can't make it in time? Till 2nd of November.

Thanks to make me light at least for me :)

Zeus
10-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Apollo, Taejo still confusing a bit. (Asking because most working, different time zones etc)

So starting with 26th of October we have one week to play each round, means that the tourney should end in 2nd of November? Right?

Also please check this and clarify :)

For example : Alpha Team fights EOS noobs team on 26-27 th lets say -> one goes further ( let's name it "A" team)
The A Team fights Fox Hound team on 29th lets say -> one goes further (let's name it "B" Team)

"A" Team has to play with "B" Team and they setup a time /date ( 31st of October for example) and one team goes further (let's name it "C" Team)

Then there are two more games till final. What will happen if they can't make it in time? Till 2nd of November.

Thanks to make me light at least for me :)

1 week for each match, so you will have plenty of time to set up a time for the match.

Deadroth
10-23-2013, 09:33 AM
1 week for each match, so you will have plenty of time to set up a time for the match.

Wow.. For each match? This will be longest tournament in AL i belive;) Good job !

Zeus
10-23-2013, 10:05 AM
Wow.. For each match? This will be longest tournament in AL i belive;) Good job !

Give me one sec to calculate how many rounds, lol. There may actually be required less time.

Zeus
10-23-2013, 10:07 AM

Yes, I redid calculation and this means it would take a month at maximum to finish tournament. That is plenty of time for everybody to arrange times and complete matches.

Crowsfoot
10-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Just to settle this banner thing. May I point out only 25 top warrior banners are handed out per season? That means if you reward the top four teams you will give out about 28 banners (including alternates who deserve a reward as well).

This said I do have a suggestion for the banner design.

Make them say "Lvl36 5v5" with the "5v5" directly below.
Ex-

Lvl36
5v5

Additionally change the color for each rank.
First place- gold banner
Second place- silver banner
Third place- bronze banner
Fourth place- blue (any color really) banner

Crowsfoot
10-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Ps: you may want to make a banner design competition like you did for the timed run competition.

Taejo
10-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Ps: you may want to make a banner design competition like you did for the timed run competition.

Yes, we've considered this to draw more community into the big picture of the tournament. However, no prizes have been confirmed yet - we're still waiting to hear back from STS.

Taejo
10-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Initial post updated with tournament length information! See question #15 for details.

Paulsebi
10-24-2013, 01:42 AM

Thanks Apollo, already got the info last night from you .

This is perfect as ppls are working, having family etc, so atleast once a week they can find 1 hour for a game :)

Good LUCK everyone. THE BEST TEAM TO WIN!

gison
10-24-2013, 01:58 AM
Gogo Flag Protectorz! :)

Soundlesskill
10-25-2013, 06:38 AM
Question for Apollo:

Will the winners get a banner for 1st place AND a banner for competing?

Zeus
10-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Question for Apollo:

Will the winners get a banner for 1st place AND a banner for competing?

I doubt there's a banner for competing. I'm pretty sure as goes to show in history of PL tournaments, it's only awarded to the winners and semi-finalists.

Taejo
10-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Question for Apollo:

Will the winners get a banner for 1st place AND a banner for competing?I doubt there's a banner for competing. I'm pretty sure as goes to show in history of PL tournaments, it's only awarded to the winners and semi-finalists.

Still no word on if there will even be a banner.

Zeus
10-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Still no word on if there will even be a banner.

I got Sam in the chatbox; He said he's swamped atm, but he will take a look at it soon.

Also, I think there is going to be considered he told me that he would try to get one together when I first inquired about the event. I doubt he would say it if he didn't intend on it happening.

But, we should always look at a worst comes to worst scenario. :p

Soundlesskill
10-25-2013, 04:13 PM
I doubt there's a banner for competing. I'm pretty sure as goes to show in history of PL tournaments, it's only awarded to the winners and semi-finalists.

Ah okay )