PDA

View Full Version : Grimm - Halloween pet feedback

Jexetta
10-21-2013, 10:21 AM
I've tested out Grimm (level 35) a bit :

I always like having a pet solo a single elite mob from season 1 with it's passive attack only and no ability. For comparison's sake I've tested Grim out against another mythic pet (his supposed twin slag), a arcane pet (hammerjaw), and a legendary pet (haze).

The mob of choice is an elite golbin from brackenridge forest.

Slag (mythic class) - Slag soloed a single mob in exactly 1:15. His average attack range was 163-174 damage with a max critical hit of 220 damage.

Haze (legendary class) - Haze soloed a single mob in exactly 1:40. His average attack range was 122-150 damage with a max critical hit of 168 damage.

Hammerjaw (arcane class) - Hammerjaw soloed a single mob in exactly 1:20. His average attack range was 248-283 damage with a max critical of 421 damage. (note his higher attack range but slower time then slag, he attacks at a glacial pace)

Grimm (mythic class) - Grimm soloed a single mob in exactly 1:15 (probably a clone of slag). His average attack range was 163-174 with a max critical of 208. (seems from a passive attack speed and attack damage range his stats are identical)

Grimm in pvp -

Grimm's passive ability in pvp is pretty good and from the standpoint of typical pet usage it's a little different. Many people rely on a pets arcane ability mostly in pvp, (Slag's stun, Ribbit's critical boost, etc.) but Grimm's regular passive attack is really the best part about the pet in pvp and it is very good when it happens.

His arcane ability is lacking from a stun aspect, the wording reads high chance to stun, but my regular charged bow attack seems to stun more. I tested on a mage and a rogue the past couple days. In 20 arcane abilities on the mage he stunned twice. On 15 arcane abilities on a rogue he stunned 4 times. Not that this was highly tested (I would need to do it much longer) that's a rate of 10% - 26% chance of stun. 10-26% is not a high chance, and reading the pets arcane ability description is a little misleading - it seems like a low chance and not a high chance. The stuns ranged from less than a milli second to about 2 seconds, most of the stuns fell in the 1/2 a second range unlike the really long panic-type stuns. So if you are buying this because you missed out on slag, or want a stun type pet - look beyond this one.

I have noticed his banish does work, and it brings a big smile to my face when it happens, but it's not really that often. We all can agree that would be too overpowered.

His arcane ability range seems to be rather small, my favorite arcane ability range is haze or abaddon (those are huge ranges), but Grimm's seems really small.

Please leave your feedback on what you think of the new pet! Overall it's still on my list of pets to rotate through when crate farming, but I will still use slag over him in pvp. From a 'stun' ability perspective in pvp, his cool down should be quicker, but since it is tied to a banish ability it needs to be longer so that I agree upon. And cheers to whoever designed and animated the pet, for hanging out in town it's easily one of the coolest pets by far.

HeartlessR
10-21-2013, 10:39 AM
tbh if I could get a refund I would, they need to either fix his stun because now its obviously not one person complaining its alot of people. Or change the wording on the ability to say low chance/little to no chance to stun.

Kakashis
10-21-2013, 02:09 PM
I think he's pretty awesome for elite mobs with banished. That ability was previously limited to Sam. If they make Grimm stun better, they will need to buff Sam haah

Exist
10-22-2013, 05:28 AM
I've noticed low stun rate on my Grimm

Ixyris
10-24-2013, 07:48 AM
Hi, I tested Grimm's Arcane Ability here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=1307580

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Sorcerie
10-24-2013, 08:15 AM
My biggest issue with Grimm is his arcane ability range, it's pitifully small.

Slag is supposed to be comparable as a mythic pet but he outshines Grimm with his arcane ability range and stun duration with panic/terror - and while Grimm is supposed to have a high stun chance and a low chance to banish, he has to be right on top of a mob for this to be relevant and he only hits 5 at a time, and the banish happens so little its pretty negligible.

Granted, his passive skill seems to make up for the lack of range being that it lowers the enemies str, dex, and int. The problem here is that Grimm even at level 25 is only hitting one to two at time and it's only lowering stats by 5, it's really only at level cap that he seems to be the most worth the plat, when he starts lowering by 20.

Perhaps his passive needs to buffed at lvl 20 (5), 25 (10), 30 (15), and 35 or 36 (20) by five points each, so it evens out a little better, imho.

I don't know if that would make him seem overpowered or not but I think that's fair considering that Slag has a big AOE arcane attack with a longer stun duration.

That's my two pennies.

Soundlesskill
10-25-2013, 12:40 AM
Hey Jex. So i got lucky and bought grimm 150k but I dont know if i should hatch or no.

I pve quite a lot, but mostly arena. Pve will be less after the tourney is over... What do you think? Hatch or not?

Jexetta
10-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Hey Noisy!

It's kinda a cool pet for pve - but I really don't use it very much in pvp. You don't really know if his passive ability of -20 to DEX, INT, and STR hits your opponent, and like others said his ability range is very very small it seems. He hits decently fast with his passive attack (same as slag's attack speed and dmg per attack) but the stun is non-existent for his arcane ability. Also, as a rogue I tend to be 'behind the lines' a bit so I'm not really up close, getting that ability to hit as many as possible in ctf pvp is kinda hard since in a big 5 vs 5 clash Grimm will target the front player which should/will be a warrior and his aoe range is small so it won't hit the damage dealers behind (pray the warrior doesn't have juggernaught or it's completely worthless!) - and the stun ability will probably be non-existent since a mage on your team probably has already fire-balled the other team so they will have stun immunity for 7 seconds (or whatever it is). If the ability was a short range panic instead of a short range stun I would say yes, but as it is I would skip it for pvp.

For pve it's kinda like a mini tiny samael, the poor woman's samael as it is lol. It all depends if you think you'll be lucky on the banish ability - a dev commented it was about a 5% chance of banish - I would say big giant elite run pulls it might be worth it, for arena I don't think so. The ability takes a long time for the cool down, and the only thing I can think of banishing are the spiders, but you can one shot those with a rusty knife :P

I'll pm you what I think you should do with it ;)

Yours truely,
-Jexy :P

Kakashis
10-25-2013, 03:09 PM
150k? wow that is super lucky and someone out there is crying xD

Desperoto
10-25-2013, 04:45 PM
I tought it was a simple feedback lol, but u're the reason that ill buy grimm haha

Chihiro
10-27-2013, 07:53 AM
bought grim for 850k :( coz this amazing review, thank you mr jexetta

Saribeau
11-04-2013, 10:53 AM
on my mage i just pve (i'm lvling) so i find him useful with banish ONLY. for my purposes i use malison. more health basically. or orion

Excuses
11-07-2013, 02:21 AM
Just a question.

Does grimm's arcane stack in pvp?
If all 5 have grimm and use it together, can we cut their all stat by 100?

Hard to say but can anyone answer please?

Soundlesskill
11-07-2013, 06:55 AM
Hey Noisy!

It's kinda a cool pet for pve - but I really don't use it very much in pvp. You don't really know if his passive ability of -20 to DEX, INT, and STR hits your opponent, and like others said his ability range is very very small it seems. He hits decently fast with his passive attack (same as slag's attack speed and dmg per attack) but the stun is non-existent for his arcane ability. Also, as a rogue I tend to be 'behind the lines' a bit so I'm not really up close, getting that ability to hit as many as possible in ctf pvp is kinda hard since in a big 5 vs 5 clash Grimm will target the front player which should/will be a warrior and his aoe range is small so it won't hit the damage dealers behind (pray the warrior doesn't have juggernaught or it's completely worthless!) - and the stun ability will probably be non-existent since a mage on your team probably has already fire-balled the other team so they will have stun immunity for 7 seconds (or whatever it is). If the ability was a short range panic instead of a short range stun I would say yes, but as it is I would skip it for pvp.

For pve it's kinda like a mini tiny samael, the poor woman's samael as it is lol. It all depends if you think you'll be lucky on the banish ability - a dev commented it was about a 5% chance of banish - I would say big giant elite run pulls it might be worth it, for arena I don't think so. The ability takes a long time for the cool down, and the only thing I can think of banishing are the spiders, but you can one shot those with a rusty knife :P

I'll pm you what I think you should do with it ;)

Yours truely,
-Jexy :P

Hahaha Jexxxx! :b

Ty for your advice, I have yet to hatch 1, but I might do it because I think he looks HAWT!

Int
11-13-2013, 12:08 PM
grimm is getting cheaper, for now... get them while u can!

Soundlesskill
11-14-2013, 01:23 AM

Cool name lol :)

Int
11-14-2013, 09:37 AM

Cool name lol :)

Wizzards
11-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Hey Jex. So i got lucky and bought grimm 150k but I dont know if i should hatch or no.

I pve quite a lot, but mostly arena. Pve will be less after the tourney is over... What do you think? Hatch or not?

Can i know where can i buy grimm with 150k? :p

mapenjay
11-19-2013, 10:47 AM
they always make mythic pets like a legendary pets, not worth 250 plats,. buff grimm!