PDA

View Full Version : Spread Some Knowledge Challenge

GoodSyntax
10-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Spread Some Knowledge Challenge
Finally, this nooby Rogue has capped. In celebration of this, I am going to host an event!

Oct. 23 Update!
I have been fortunate in the past two days of farming, so I have decided to double the gold payout on this contest in the hopes that it sparks more interest. Remember that this is a contest to develop a solid guide so that someone who is new to elite maps can follow along and be an effective runner. General tips, while very much appreciated, are not a guide. At this point, given what I have seen in game, I believe that elite Kraken guides would be very much appreciated by the community considering that most folks do not run them very often. Other good candidates could be Elite Ferrix and Elite Overgrowth as they seem to be farmed by many of the pro elite runners and the drops there can turn a mainstream player into a millionaire off of a single kill.

UPDATE: Voicy has offered to add a 25k bonus to the winning entry! Winning entry now pays out 225k + the gear!

Oct. 30 Update!
It seems that this Halloween event has taken up everyone's time! Kudo's to STS for a fun event, but unfortunately it has kind of derailed this contest. So, I am going to extend this contest for another two weeks and announce winners on November 14th.

I will continue increasing the prize pool as the deadline approaches, possibly with some of the Halloween event items and/or more gold, so please get your entries in.

UPDATE: Alfai has offered to contribute 10 locked crates to this event as well, so please note the increased loot in the rewards below.

Contest Closed - Nov. 14, 2013
At this point, I have summarized all entries in this post here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120863-Spread-Some-Knowledge-Challenge&p=1337815#post1337815)

I will discuss this and announce the winners tomorrow. Thank you all for participating!

Your Task - If you choose to accept it
As many of you know, I run elite maps a lot. I have written up several articles detailing effective strategies for certain maps, and I would like to share more information for those who are new to elite runs. For this contest, I challenge you to provide an informative article that illustrates how to run an elite map. The map is of your own choosing. To enter this contest, create a new thread that details how to run an elite map, best pull locations, party tactics, etc., and reply to this post with your article link.

Please remember to include your in-game name so you may be contacted if you are a prize winner.

I will choose three winners, based on the quality of the content, and award the following prizes:

Rewards
1st Prize:

Lv35 Architect Quills of Brutality
Lv35 Architect Helm of Will
Lv35 Architect Armor of Will
100k -->200k (Doubled) --> 225k (+25k Courtesy of Voicy)
5 Locked Crates (Courtesy of Alfai)

2nd Prize:

Lv35 Noble Helm of Will
Lv35 Noble Doublet of Will
50k --> 100k (Doubled)
3 Locked Crates (Courtesy of Alfai)

3rd Prize:

50k --> 100k (Doubled)
2 Locked Crates (Courtesy of Alfai)

Examples can be found in my Elite Chronices series of articles:

Elite Chronicles: Rogues Guide to Elite Rooks Nest (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120376-Elite-Chronicles-Rogues-Guide-to-Elite-Rooks-Nest)
Elite Chronicles: Rogues Guide to Elite Jarl (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?113649-Elite-Chronicles-Rogues-Guide-to-Elite-Jarl)
Elite Chronicles: Rogues Guide to Elite Forest (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?113513-Elite-Chronicles-Rogues-Guide-to-Elite-Forest)

Judging
Judging will be based purely upon content. The better the content, the better your chances of winning. I will discuss the entries with members of my guild, <Elite Runners> and together, we will decide upon the top three entries.

Award Date
I don't like dragging out contests. With that said, and knowing that there is an upcoming Halloween event, we will review all entries received up until November 14, 2013. Winners will be contacted via in-game private message. Good luck!

GoodSyntax
10-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Contestants:
Elite Crystal Caverns Walkthrough (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120863-Spread-Some-Knowledge-Challenge&p=1307698&viewfull=1#post1307698) - Zuzeq
Gladiator Arena Walkthrough (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120863-Spread-Some-Knowledge-Challenge&p=1308787&viewfull=1#post1308787) - Soundlesskill (AKA Voicy)
Elite Oltgar Keep Walkthrough (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?121103-Efficient-Run-Series-Storming-The-Oltgar-Keep-(farming-Entombed-Hammer)) - Alfai
Elite Rooks Nest Walkthrough (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?121991-Giving-Back-To-The-Community-Elite-Rooks-Nest-Run) - Cremated (AKA Obliviuos)
Elite Forest Breach (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120863-Spread-Some-Knowledge-Challenge&p=1328316&viewfull=1#post1328316) - Patrick Tan (AKA Patricktch)

Judgement:
1st Prize: Zuzeq (Elite Crystal Caverns Walkthrough)
Very well written guide for a map that not many choose to run. Extra points awarded for a guide written from a Solo Sorcerer perspective. Wonderfully done, well documented tactics, especially the part regarding use of Vixen to combat the pull and smash boss attack. Congratulations!

2nd Prize: Voicy (Gladiator Arena Walkthrough) (PAID)
Fun and information packed guide for arena fights. Thank you for highlighting the corner approach to combat Ruger (not many know about this tactic). Also, for those reading it, pay attention towards the end of the guide where Voicy mentions best practices to minimize the impact of the various environmentals. Nice Work!

3rd Prize: Alfai (Elite Oltgar Keep Walkthrough) (PAID)
I have personally taken the walk of shame too many times to count, and I can attest that it can be hairy for a squishy Rogue. Thank you for the guidance on how to avoid so much aggro. Bad enough that you have to take the walk of shame, worse when you die (again) doing it. Awesome work as always!

Honorable Mention: Patrick Tan (Elite Forest Breach) (HELD BY WKIAT UNTIL PAT RETURNS)
A three pull Ferrix run is pure beast mode! Terrific work! (Not sure how you were able to get screen shots while standing in purple goo) Thanks for the tip on the hut respawn shortcut - it will save many runners a few plat revivies :-)

Prizes:
1st - Zuzeq

Lv35 Architect Quills of Brutality
Lv35 Architect Helm of Will
Lv35 Architect Armor of Will
5 Locked Crates

2nd - Soundlesskill

Lv35 Noble Helm of Will
Lv35 Noble Doublet of Will
3 Locked Crates

3rd - Alfai

2 Locked Crates

Honorable Mention - Patrick Tan

Vlad Egg

Special Thanks:
Special thanks goes out to Voicy and Alfai for their contributions to this contest.

Also, thank you to everyone for their entries, and thanks to the readers who thumbed up the posts!

May your runs be elite and your drops legendary! :)

Taejo
10-21-2013, 02:05 PM
* Deleted and reposted to bump your reserved post *

First off, grats on finally capping, noob! :) :) This contest looks great - good luck everyone!

GoodSyntax
10-22-2013, 09:32 AM
Bump....

Come on guys, there is a lot of skilled players out there, I hope that people start entering and sharing some good tips.

Zuzeq
10-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Mage solo Elite Crystal Caverns,

Most people know me as an Assassin, but to solo with a maxed out Rogue would be no fun. It may seem unconventional for a Mage to solo...like any elite map thats not Kraken and below. Well if you ever need that last Nordr elite boss and can't find a party or you're just plain ol' bored the following is how it's done.

First is the three spiders at the start that some how seem to go down pretty easy compared to his friends coming up. To maintain proper control of CC spiders you want to drop Time Shift, Charged Fire Ball, Charged Ice, uncharged Light and repeat. This combo coupled with the proper timing of Ethyal's abilty pretty much shuts these spiders down.

Next is a group of 3/4 spiders that go down easy if you put your back to the wall you see to your left. Using the same combo stated above they shouldn't give you too much trouble.

Here is where things get a lil hot. Now you have to overgrown Glacians to deal with in the same pull. In a party these guys are busy trying to shut up screaming Tank or being pulled of of you by the agro from a Rogue's Aim Shot...but today it's just you and these boys all but ignore Fire Ball and Ice Bolt. This is where the timing of your Time Shift and Ethyal's ability is key. What I like to do is keep these guys up front so theyre the only ones who catch the Light strike. How I do this is, Drop Time, get in so I'm standing next to the Glacians (spam pots out of fear), let go of a charged Fireball to push back the bow users and spiders, then run back to my front position and let go of a Light strike. It's the same combo, but on a straight line pivet (back and forth). It's hard to do, but it's the best way to kill the big guys first. (and yes I died once here...lol).

Next is a small group of bow users and melee mobs. If you avoid the bow users red zones and use the combo they shouldn't give you much trouble.

Next is a group of mostly spiders and one bow user. Some how these spider's push back proc hits a lil more often than others. I use the same control comco but move Fire Ball to the last skill out of fear of the push. When I get pushed I instantly begin to charge Fire Ball and let it go for the stun. This gives you the chance to get back into position of control.

Next is a small group of spiders, one bow user and one big guy. Stick to the control combo and you will be fine (even know I died here due to the next clock drop failing) After these mobs, switch to a speed pet and make your way to the boss area.

You will need to kill one more mob for the boss to spawn, drop that clock and run through the combo.

I couldnt post the boss fight and boss dead pics due to me getting some "private" PMs (which also caused my third death this run) I use Vixen for this boss for his push ability. As a staff user you need to keep this boss away from the ice patches so you can stay in good space. Vixen also saves your life, when the boss is setting up for that "pull you in and on shot you" move Vixen just pushes him away and that red zone with him. If you keep moving, use proper timing with Vixen it's a done deal.

9mins and change
3 deaths
Elite Silver Warchest

inkredible
10-22-2013, 01:13 PM
arena counted as ? LOL

GoodSyntax
10-22-2013, 01:38 PM
arena counted as ? LOL

Sure, why not.

The point is simply to give mainstream players more knowledge and strategies to work with instead of farming KM3 and/or Jarl over and over and over.

I may increase the prizes if I like the responses (just looted a Kelvin egg today), so stay tuned :-)

Sariita
10-22-2013, 07:37 PM
You capped? Awesome Kali!
Ps. I'm bad doing elites so.. :(

GoodSyntax
10-22-2013, 07:39 PM
You capped? Awesome Kali!
Ps. I'm bad doing elites so.. :(

No worries, come join me for a few runs, I'll show you the ropes on some of my favorite elite maps!

Sariita
10-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Ya i would like to do some elites with you :)

Hoardseeker
10-23-2013, 07:26 AM
Tips For Elite:-

*Don't Keep Your Steps back if archers are there when your health is low they can kill you & they are ranged

*Attack enemy by enemy or the DMG taken will be more

*Always attack in a group

*always have a warrior and 2 rougue and one mage

*the loot is depending upon the time u take the lesser the time is the better the loot is

*try to use skills like healing and arcane shield because elite is not very easy as normal

GoodSyntax
10-23-2013, 09:38 AM
Bump!

Just pointing out that I have doubled the gold payout on this contest...

HeartlessR
10-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Tips For Elite:-

*Don't Keep Your Steps back if archers are there when your health is low they can kill you & they are ranged

*Attack enemy by enemy or the DMG taken will be more

*Always attack in a group

*always have a warrior and 2 rougue and one mage

*the loot is depending upon the time u take the lesser the time is the better the loot is

*try to use skills like healing and arcane shield because elite is not very easy as normal

might wanna edit your post dude. Your facts are false.

*warrior is not even needed this season to tank tbh. I've done all the shuyal maps with mages or rogues alone.
*unless they did some secret update, Your making this up. You could take 30 minutes on a run and still have the same drop chance as someone who did it in 8.
* The best mages I know don't even have heal or arcane spell. They are fully offensive and thats why they are so effective.

your other tips are decent. and will help newer players but please don't try confusing them saying they always need a warrior or always need 2 rogues.

Soundlesskill
10-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Amazing contest, GoodSyn! :)

If you could find me in game I'd like to donate 25k to the contest :)

I believe this Is the right way of AL, sorry for the low money budget, I'm a bit broke at the moment.

IGN: Voicy

Soundlesskill
10-23-2013, 10:43 AM
HOWDY, I am going to show you how to survive the Arena.

Before you enter

Claim your daily awards, those you Of Course didn't take before you had to go farm, before farming.

Always remember to have a decent amount of pots before entering an elite area. I suggest somewhere between 1-2k mana and HP pots, for rouges at least

Anyways lets enter..

O'HAI!

First boss

GLOB

What you want to do:

His red zone is a dead K.O to every class and unfortunately he glitches, which means you best keep a safe distance when he attacks.

Pro Tip;
If all members go stand where he spawns and stays there, kiting around him in a small area, you can assure he won't glitch.

When every boss is almost dead, remember to do the following:

Always remember to switch back to your regular amulet before next boss spawns.

LORD MARDOM

What you want to do:

This^ but also watch out for his sword stun attack. There really isn't much to Mardom, except you need to be a good potter to survive his red zone as the more squishy classes.

Tip:

MOTHER

What you want to do:

The only attack that really does a lot of damage is the first ons. His red zone can be a 1 shot if combo'd. His combo is when he stuns you and captures you in his red attack at the same time.

Tip
Stay on his butt, or have a safe range. Prefer the first since the Environments play a big role in arena.

RUGTER

What you want to do:

Assuming your party consist of at least 1 warrior, this will be handy. The corner were all your attacks will be at Rugter and were it's easier to inflict damage than if you were to run around with 5 rutgers behind you.

There is not real way to get rid of the hardcore poison doing 25%+ DoT (Damage Over Time). Not to talk about when he double poisons you. 50%+ DoT

However for the lazy farmers:

There's a way to pull only 1 rugter. You go go the opposite corner of in the pic below. You wait 20 seconds before a ranged attacker will go shoot 1 arrow or one fireball at rugter, then run back to the corner.

There is always a way to decipher who the real rugter is, in case of the above. The 1 who talks will always be the right rugter.

ANYWAYS

Vortex and Rugter is a no go combo, so unless you want to waste 5min. of your life with dying, then re-form the party.

FROSTIR

What you want to do:

The thing about Frostir is that his red zone attacks are very fast. If you're right in his face when he does that attack you will have no chance of escaping.
Frostir has a tenancy to buff the circular attack after the straight forward bull run and alaays use it after he enrages where he always will be running faster than normal.

He 1 shoots.

Whole party dies and you can't get back in. You'll have to re-form the party.

STAHL

What you should know:

Stahl moves in a pattern.

Repeat, unless the Environment is Pumpkins.
The thing I wanna share here is that rouge should think more about when they place their veil. Place it so it fits both the spot where stahl is ATM and where he will move. Also syncing veil and possible arcane and regular pets. Fyi, Hammerjaw does not stack, so your eyes have to be good to see when to sync accordingly. Veil lasts about 8sec if you have 3 seconds longer upgraded.

BLOODHAMMER

What you want to do:

Stay out of BH's zones particularly, because he regens a considerably amount of HP if a player is hit.

1 Shooter weapon.

BH also has a 'jump' where he pushes you back, it's very powerful. Have not yet taken a pic because it's really hard to do from phone in close combat.

Facts About Environments

~ Purple Fog 44422 The less you move, the lesser fog patches there will appear.

~ Proximity Curse 44456 I'm standing in 2 curses in this picture. Also they steal both mana and HP

~ Vortex Crystal, for rouge, having the skill piercer will be very helpful, especially charged. Also running along the side of the arena in a circular motion will be helpful!

~ Pumpkins, like any other environment ALWAYS STAY AT THE BOTTOM OF THE MAP.

~ Spiders, less moving causes less spawn, same with purple fog. Keep in mind if you have stahl and spiders it'd be an idea to stay in the middle of the arena sniping only and not moving. Have the warr spam ribbits arcane ability as you go.

Things to know about last round of arena:

- You'll be fighting 4 bosses in total before you complete the Arena. At the 4th boss Hox will give you 1 extra item, meaning you'll get 2 drops, however you only get the extra item if you stay alive during the encounter OR stay dead until your teammates killed the boss.

Omg they keep dropping!

Luck magnet!

However this always crashes my party </3

Special rouge Guide build for the only purpose; farming the arena

Offensive

Aimed Shot 5/5
Noxious Bolt 4/5, leave out range on nox.
Shadow Piercer 2/5, (not sure of it's name) but it has a chance to lower enemies Armor with 15% or something.
Shadow Veil 4/5, Obviously leave out explosion.

Passive

Damage 5/5
Dext 5/5
Int 5/5
Str 5/5
Crit 1/5

Primeblades
10-23-2013, 11:45 AM
This is an awesome constest i love goodsyntax im a noob and i totally look up to guys like you who are willing to help noobs like me! SoundlessKill is awesome too cause of his name and his donating, i would donate too but i dont even have a mythic so :( sucks for me and whoever im not donating to! Anyway id like to thank you goodsyntax i already thumbed you whish i could do it again :D anyway my ign is pyrobeast so maybe we can go elite sometime so you can embarrass me about my wimpy gear. I would also like to meet you, well meet you in the game! Also saw a couple guides on elite antee and kraken tombs in al guides they are pretty well done and i think alfai made em so i hope that helps some! Anyway goodluck thanks again i cant wait till some cool guides magicly pop up! Sincerly AL noob!

GoodSyntax
10-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Never be embarrassed!

I, myself, do not own any Mythic or Arcane items/pet, and have been running this seasons elite maps as (up until just recently) a lv35 Nooby Rogue. This little contest pretty much wipes out everything that I have managed to save this season, but as many will tell you, I am always broke, have no top-end gear, but somehow manage to be successful in elite maps. Most of reason why I am capable of this is due to strategy, so my whole point of this contest and the other guides I have written is to share information so more players can be successful end-gamers!

This game, as with all MMO's, is heavily reliant on the social aspects for success. The more I can help others, the better the community becomes overall, so sharing tips and strategy really helps to make the game better. If everyone who has complained about how bad PUGs are spent just a few minutes teaching, then overall game-play would be better and there would be less complaining about how "bad" some PUGs are.

GoodSyntax
10-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Added +25k to winning contribution, courtesy of Voicy!

baudav
10-23-2013, 01:25 PM
1. Use best gear of ur lvl for elite maps
2. Always try to use ur lepree at the end when the boss is near to die not in the whole run
3. Try to fight in group against mobs instead fighting alone
4.. Far better loot is there for u all in elte maps than normal
5. I hve receive eggs such as wrathjaw,snaggletoo,kettle,malison from elite maps only
BAUDAV

GoodSyntax
10-23-2013, 01:36 PM
Guys, I am looking for guides, not just a couple of drive by tips.

Please read the OP in it's entirety and refer to the guides that I have written, and the the guides that Alfai and Alrisaia have written.

Additional examples of useful information can be found in the <Elite Runners> Public Forum Group (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/group.php?groupid=908)

Make your guides comprehensive.

Guides involve some work screen-shotting, practicing your strategy and detailing what works best, how an effective party should operate, when to trigger pet arcane ability, etc. These things aren't just a handful of bullet points, which is why I am putting up so much in the way of prize money for this. I recognize the level of effort required to develop a great guide, and I am making the payouts reflect it. This is not intended to be a make money fast contest, and ultimately the goal is to give fellow players resources to turn to when they are ready to make that leap into elite maps.

Soundlesskill
10-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Wheee mines up ^

wowdah
10-23-2013, 06:12 PM
they have to b the best pulls?

GoodSyntax
10-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Not necessarily the best pulls, but an effective strategy. Basically a framework for someone new to an elite map can follow which will help them be successful.

Primeblades
10-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Awesome voicy i love the guide to bad it wont let me thumb it :(

Soundlesskill
10-24-2013, 12:17 AM
Awesome voicy i love the guide to bad it wont let me thumb it :(
Hahahha thanks tho :P

Alfai
10-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Find me in game kal ill donate or most likely participate once i reached home later.
Nice effort!

Aziiii
10-24-2013, 02:35 AM
Loooove sound's guide, but best of all like the comments XD u gooooo giiirrrrlll

Soundlesskill
10-24-2013, 05:43 AM
Thaaaabks azi<3

Might add more tips later, I accidentally deleted my whole first post so had to re-write. Was kinda pissed so did it fast lol

keikali
10-24-2013, 07:31 AM
AMAZING write up for Arena Sound, jeez.

Good tips and hilarious paint skills along with commentary.

Soundlesskill
10-24-2013, 09:52 AM
AMAZING write up for Arena Sound, jeez.

Good tips and hilarious paint skills along with commentary.

Lol tyty paint is my prime! Jkjk Falmear got that title.

Yakiniku
10-24-2013, 10:25 AM
LOVED Voicy's guide. Humorous, yet very informative!

Soundlesskill
10-24-2013, 10:55 AM
LOVED Voicy's guide. Humorous, yet very informative!

Thanks mate!:)

Zuzeq
10-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Mine is up, enjoy(:

keikali
10-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Mine is up, enjoy(:

Excellent post. How long did it take for you to literally get this down to the math? The spider knockback is a b****.

Primeblades
10-24-2013, 11:56 AM
Mine is up, enjoy(:

Yay im checking it out :D

Soundlesskill
10-24-2013, 12:01 PM
Added rouge build and a few other changes to my How To Survive Arena Guide :)

Zuzeq
10-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Excellent post. How long did it take for you to literally get this down to the math? The spider knockback is a b****.

It took me awhile to get the hang of it solo. You can imagine a lot of deaths. I almost got Oltgar down to, but that forth pull is redic.

GoodSyntax
10-24-2013, 12:23 PM
Great writes up Zuz and Voicy!

As usual, I'm out of thanks, but I will give you a Thumbs Up for now :encouragement:

GoodSyntax
10-26-2013, 08:02 AM
Bump

Come on guys, I've only got two entries.

Soundlesskill
10-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Bump, added a rouge build in my Guide lols.

Primeblades
10-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Bump, added a rouge build in my Guide lols.

Ok yippy :D

Alfai
10-29-2013, 10:32 PM
Kal can i submit the elite oltgar guide for your contest.not sure how to paste it here.

*contributing 10lockeds pm me in game

GoodSyntax
10-30-2013, 01:00 AM
Contest has been updated to extend the deadline to November 14th due to everyone spending all their time farming Locked Crates and doing the Halloween daily quests.

Also added the 10 Locked Crates to the prize pool courtesy of Alfai - thanks bud :-)

Alfai
10-30-2013, 03:46 AM
Do i hv to paste my entry here kal

GoodSyntax
10-30-2013, 06:19 AM
Do i hv to paste my entry here kal

No, just paste a link to the article.

Alfai
10-30-2013, 08:06 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?121103-Efficient-Run-Series-Storming-The-Oltgar-Keep-(farming-Entombed-Hammer)

Submitting my entry

Soundlesskill
10-30-2013, 08:27 AM
Lovely guide Alf!

Cremated
10-30-2013, 10:07 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?121991-Giving-Back-To-The-Community-Elite-Rooks-Nest-Run

My entry

IGN- Obliviuos

GoodSyntax
11-04-2013, 12:02 PM
10 days left folks, so with the Halloween event winding down, I really hope to see some new guides!

Patrick Tan
11-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Elite Forest Breach Run

Hi guys! I’ve joined Elite Runners a month ago and I MUST say that I’m loving this guild so much! They taught me lots of stuff and guided me along the way and I’m really appreciate for what they’ve done for me, from here I would like to THANK all the guild member from the bottom of my heart and especially Wkiat for inviting me to the guild. ^^

P/S: This is my first guide, please feel free to comment and we shall learn together!

Let’s start with my build:

Skills: I don’t add Arcane Shield and Lifegiver, Just focus on spamming potions.

Fireball - 5/5
Time Shift - 5/5
Frost Bolt - 4/5 (Without Arctic Shatter)
Lighting Strike - 4/5 (Without Shock)

Passives:

Knowledge - 5/5
Agility - 5/5
Might - 5/5

STEP 1: Ensure your party members are ready! Eg: Selection of pets, Right Equipment, Mapping of skills & Sufficient pots.

STEP 2: Luring of 2 waves of mob to the centre. Normally I would use Fireball and Frost bolt first, after the mobs are recovered from the stun and frost then Time Shift and Lighting Strike.

Tips: Avoid standing on the goo (Purple Patches), it’s really hurts!

STEP 3: Luring 2 waves of mob again and repeats the skills step.

Tips: Do not lure mobs from the bridge, that’s too much to handle xD

STEP 4: Luring 2 waves of mob again and repeats the skills step. After clearing, you may start running.

Tips: Standing in the waves will give you extra damage bonus!

STEP 5: Run straight to the boss. (It should be spawned after clearing all the mobs from the start)

Tips: While running you can use Fireball to stun, Frost bolt to freeze and Time Shift to stop the mobs movement.

STEP 6: While fighting the boss, keep moving around to avoid those painful patches.

Tips: If you run straight up as you see from the map, there’s a hut that you can enter. It’s like a save point, if you died while fighting the boss, your spawning point will be outside the hut rather than at the starting of the map.

STEP 7: Pray for your loots :D

Tips: Remember to switch to leprechaun Pendant!

That’s the loots we got while doing the run, there’s more actually but I didn't managed to capture them! :p

Well...that’s the end of the guide, Thank you for spending your time reading and apologize for my bad English ^_^

Credits To: Myungji, Wkiat, Jairusx :victorious:

GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN!

GoodSyntax
11-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Great guide Patrick!

I was waiting for someone to do a Ferrix walkthrough. Lord knows we've been doing a lot of them lately.

I also added this to the Elite Runners group Walkthroughs posting - so thanks! :-)

<Elite Runners> Group Posts (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/group.php?groupid=908)

KingMartin
11-08-2013, 02:27 AM
Wow Pat, I don't see even the middle pull - so three pulls only and boss? And not even the safety run to the hut.

Good job, guys!

afrobug
11-08-2013, 05:12 AM
8min and change. Very nice

Soundlesskill
11-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Further Update

Stahl won't move accordingly if a team member uses a stun pet

GoodSyntax
11-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Two more days remaining to get your entries in...

There are currently 5 guides written up. I would like to see more!

Thank you to those who have already entered - good luck!

GoodSyntax
11-13-2013, 10:31 PM
Final day guys...

If you are working on a guide, or if you intend to, put it together quickly because at this time tomorrow, I will finalize the entries and start the decision process.

Sceazikua
11-14-2013, 12:13 AM
This is just a little knowledge of me for making money :) This is only the small money that everyone can enjoy, especially the ones that is not wealthy, not the elite farming ones that require skills and time :) Another good thing is that these is not very much harmful to your device (phone or ipad) comparing to the bigger farming.

1.Kraag Canons
Firstly I want to tell why I choose this as first section. It is because this has always been an underated spot in the game. It has been considered not good a gold farming place, but this is only because you dont know how to farm effectively!

Have you ever wondered why they put there a knockback after firing a canon, then think that it is to prevent you from farming it all day at a same spot, later then you rage quit it thinking STS doesnt want people to get gold from these? knockback is there for a reason - to find out who can farm it effectively, not mindlessly run towards a canon then fire it all day! Ill give some screenshots to show that
http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/18/28/01/89/screen39.jpg
A thing you must do here is standing a little bit closer to the left (or right) canon.
Sorry for changing the position, but some others came while I was taking screenshot so I cant take screenshots there anymore :) In this screenshot you can see me firing the canon below.
http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/18/28/01/89/screen41.jpg
I was closer to that canon, so I fired that canon. Then the canon knocked me back so im closer to the canon above. I just need to click on the golden hand button again and I can fire that canon. Then that canon above knocked me back to the below one, and then the below knocked me to the above, and ... and endless knocking :) after firing the other canon, the canon you have just fired 2 seconds ago will be ready!
http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/18/28/01/89/screen40.jpg
The only problem is that the canons wont knock you back in a straight line, so there will probaly be a fireback after firing approximately 10 canons when you are too far from a canon. But these canons are also near to the spawning spot in Kraag, so walking back when backfired is not a problem :) There is also a way to avoid backfire, by knowing that backfire will happen when you are too far or too close to the canon. If you feel neccessary, walk a little bit and you may avoid backfire!
This Kind of making money is not the most effective out there, gold rate is quite slow, but it is free, fun, and requires no skills or moving like farming, so why not give it a try? :)

2.Daily Quests
I think most of you are too familiar to these daily quests, and wondering why am I talking about this super original thing. Well I see there are some quests that are on a line, and you can complete 2 or 3 quests in 1 or 2 map! I will show you my routine of daily quests everyday!

First series is The City of the Dead. I will go to Kraag, take Noxxar's, Baldur's quests. Then go to the tavern for Dimitrus' and Karin's quests.
Dimitrus' quest is Silk Stalker, and requires you to kill Antee in Lost Mage's Mine. So this is why you should go to Lost Mage's mine at first place!
There are 3 random picked quests from Noxxar that reward you 250 gold :
+Arty Shardy, Hell bones and: These quests requires you to kill mobs, so they are easy to complete because you will attack mobs on your way to Lost Mage's Mine.
+Pumpkin Junk: This quest requires you to find 10 pumpkins in Arcanum Grounds, and is actually even easier to complete! On your way to Lost Mage's mine you will see several pumpkins (I dont remember how many there are :)), but they are not enough to complete the quest. For more pumpkins, after entering Lost Mage's Mine you should descend to Arcanum Grounds, go find some pumpkins near the entrance and that will be enough to complete quest!
And Thirdly, There is a quest named Rememberance from Karin that is on your way to Lost Mage's mine too. If you see a grave with big yellow question mark on it, go click on it and a Skeleton Warrior will raise up. Killing this is easy and will reward you an item and 30-40 gold along with 250 gold from the quest.
How about Black Hearts from Baldur? Though it can we completed everywhere, when you kill mobs in Arcanum you will complete this quest too!
So in conclusion, you will get about 1300 gold just from running easy normal Arcanum Grounds to Lost Mage's mine. This shouldnt take above 5 minutes for lvl 36's :)

Second series is at The Land of the stealthy Rogues! On captain Hana Raven's ship named The Dragon's Jewel you can take 2 quests which will reward you 700 gold. First quest is Aegir's Island (not sure if I spell it correctly :)), this is a free 200 gold in no more than 10 seconds. Though the place is interesting and the idea of a gold filled island is brilliant, gold drop there is not high, its just like other chests or crates in the other maps, so you should not stay here longer and waste your time, unless you want to :) Second quest is Monkey's ball which requires you to kill 30 ghost pirates in Ancient Marine Reef. Though this place is hard, the quest should not take more than 5 minutes just to kill 30 pirates. Once you defeated the first ghost shark and his crews, the quest is completed, but remember to take every turn you see!

Third series is The Land of the Shadowy Nott People! Why do I choose this before Nordr, I will tell later in fourth one.There are 3 daily quests Shadow Cleansing, Armor Fragment and Dead Lights. The quests here are pretty straight forward, I think there is no tip for this but running solo is easier and faster (at least for me). A reminder maybe not to miss the lantern in the second right turning, if you do you will only have 7 lanterns out of 8 (7 of them are obvious out on the way), but if you do miss this lantern you can find a lantern in Shadow Plains close to the entrance.
http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/18/28/01/89/screen44.jpg
If you clear 1 map and half of the other, the 2 other quests are done too! This is why I would go Shadow Plains first, then to Forest Breach and if I suddenly forgot the last lantern I can go for an easy one in Shadow Plains. And another thing to keep in mind is that the last lantern in Shadow Plains is very close to the the boss Heart Wrath. A lot of people skipped this lantern because they think that it is too close to the boss, but it will be easy to get if you dont attack the boss because the skeletons wont attack you without your offense :)

Fourth series is The Land of the Frosty Warriors: to me this is the hardest and longest series, so I put them at the bottom of the list :) There are several quests for you to do:
-In Jurn Woods there is a man named Grumbel (or Grumble?:)) that will give you a quest called Light the Path. This quest is kinda long because it needs you to do the whole map and rewards only 200 gold, but it is also good to do so because if you killed Maneater (meh he wont eat you ofcourse:)) there is a chance to spawn Elite Bael or Krunch idk because I never saw one in this map :) Defeat the Elite boss to get an elite pink item or maybe a junk if youre unlucky :) Btw after having lit all the lights you should click on world map, go to Jurn Woods again and you will spawn right at the start immediately.
-In Stronghold there is a man called Olde Yodeler, if you visit him you will have 4 quests, they will need you to go to Nordia mine and Boulders which are exactly named Tunnels of Valheim and Camp Boulder. Here is the entrance if you didnt see (though you can click on quests tab and click "go to")
http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/18/28/01/89/screen43.jpg
Each place will require you to kill 200 mobs there and 10 bosses that are randomly spawned. Both of these are kinda hard, so be careful :)
+Camp Boulder: This place has a wolfy boss named Ulfang. The boss is very rare to spawn, so I suggest you not kill 10 of this boss everyday to complete the quest. The boss itself is quite tough too with kinda high movement speed. On the other hand, the mobs here spawn a lot, so it shouldnt take long to reach 200 if you kill them frequently! It is also pretty much fun if you go hunt the boss, which means you dont stay at a spot near the entrance and wait the boss to come but go further and kill mobs.
+Tunnels of Valheim: This place has the boss Ubermans (meh there is only 1 boss each time he spawns, and he is no uber too :)) whose skills are not deadly and slow attack speed. The most annoying enemies here are the spiders with there pushing ability. The mobs wont spawn many, but the boss seems to spawn every 50 mobs killed and though his spawn rate seems to be down now he is still a lot more often spawned than Ulfang.

That seems to be all the dailies series. I always follow the pattern, so approximately the 3 first series take me 15 mins a day to get about 5k gold, and if I want extra I can do Nordr ones. So you can get about 9k gold daily only from easy quests, which is possible for all players.

3.Bard's stories:
The stories token daily is another underated quest because it requires you to go to different towns and clear maps, but it is worth it!
So why is that worth it? It is because it is EASY, and you may get 500 gold in 10 mins and 4 story tokens. Lots of people think that 1 and 2 gold dropped here are worthless, but actually thats kinda a lot because it will drop every kill and 2 times drop every chests/barrels cracked. If you want, just get a random pet and clear Skeleton Medly (from Windmoore's Bard) over and over, it may be even faster than the canons! But this is not very much fun. With the story tokens got from these quests, after 50 days you can buy a colton pet that is very good for mage. If you dont need any pet here, you can even buy pots with story token, so take it like free pots awarded for running these daily.

4.Other tips to make gold :)
-Pick up ALL your junks you see on the way. You may think they are junk and they take slots of your inventory, selling 1 of them is worthless, but if you pick up a lot of them you will get a decent amount of gold from liquidating them! For example, each item is 8 gold now for me and even more or less. If I pick up 100 junks that dropped I get 800 gold.
-If you have luck elixir from Klaas or Shazbot, you can go to Brackenridge village (third map), hunt down Jarls Gruwald and there will be a chance to reroll a cheap golden chest into a locked Grand Crate of the Watch that is 10k gold by now. But this only seems to work for low levels, when I reached level 36 the Jarl doesnt seem to drop many lockeds any more like at the lower levels. Trust me I got 60 min combo elixir, farm him and Elite version of him all that time and only got junk, only 1 locked. 1 locked in 60 min of 30% reroll, I didnt see many golden chests droped either. At high levels the right place to go maybe Kraken mines 3 because I heard there is a better odd to get locked there and there are 3 bosses.
-Do merching. This maybe for advanced players but you can try it too, with lower items. Like I saw a lvl 16 Trollbane of Brutality (firy axe of warrior) which is kinda rare now because it is only lower lvls, it is even Brutality which means more damage, in CS (or auction house) for only 15k. I didnt have enough gold on my twink so I tried to sell a locked (which I was keeping to wait for the price to raise :)). When Im back I saw the axe gone, I felt like scammed :p

That seems like all I can say, hope you enjoyed!

THE END.

EDIT : Oophs I forgot that the topic was about running Elite maps. I thought it was only a guide contest, and was thinking of my topic for kinda a week. Sorry my bad. I know this is not an entry that fits the topic. So sorry :)

Primeblades
11-14-2013, 02:02 AM
Omg i cant help but smile when i read dsgsdafda's guid it cracks me up :)

Yakiniku
11-14-2013, 02:52 AM
I loled at dsgsdafda's first screenshot. And yes, I do have a juvenile sense of humor.

Sceazikua
11-14-2013, 04:25 AM
Thanks, guys :) My first screenshot was written on because I wanted to take everyone's attention to make it a must to stand between 2 canons, not just stand in the back of the canon and get knocked away :) While I was taking the screenshot I had some friend invitation too :)
Im editing it now. I bet if STS has some changes to the canons, like give 10 gold each time but cooldown 10s, or something better, the canons will be crowded of people that are not wealthy!
Btw I forgot to tell the situations to 100% get backfire, Im adding now, so if people that follows it can avoid backfire when they feel neccessary to move :)

EDIT : Oophs I forgot that the topic was about running Elite maps. Sorry my bad.

GoodSyntax
11-14-2013, 05:54 PM
I thought the guide was awesome! Kinda silly on the Cannons bit, but I did try it and it does work so not that silly afterall.

The rest of the guide is good and gives mainstream players a roadmap to make some gold.

TY for the updates BTW!

GoodSyntax
11-14-2013, 09:47 PM
I am closing out this contest at this point, so no future entries will be considered for purposes of winning prizes (however, feel free to continue to post great guides).

At this point here are the current elite guide entries:

Elite Crystal Caverns Walkthrough (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120863-Spread-Some-Knowledge-Challenge&p=1307698&viewfull=1#post1307698) - Zuzeq

Gladiator Arena Walkthrough (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120863-Spread-Some-Knowledge-Challenge&p=1308787&viewfull=1#post1308787) - Soundlesskill (AKA Voicy)

Elite Oltgar Keep Walkthrough (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?121103-Efficient-Run-Series-Storming-The-Oltgar-Keep-(farming-Entombed-Hammer)) - Alfai

Elite Rooks Nest Walkthrough (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?121991-Giving-Back-To-The-Community-Elite-Rooks-Nest-Run) - Cremated (AKA Obliviuos)

Elite Forest Breach (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120863-Spread-Some-Knowledge-Challenge&p=1328316&viewfull=1#post1328316) - Patrick Tan (AKA Patricktch)

I will discuss this over the course of the next day and announce the winners at some point tomorrow.

I would like to thank everyone who entered for their terrific write-ups. I know that they are not easy to do, but these are all high quality guides and I think that the community is better off for all the hard work!

Thank you again - I will announce the winners on the second post in this thread and will PM you in game or send you a forum message if I cannot find you in a reasonable timeframe to figure out a way to award the prizes.

Primeblades
11-15-2013, 01:01 AM
Thanks, guys :) My first screenshot was written on because I wanted to take everyone's attention to make it a must to stand between 2 canons, not just stand in the back of the canon and get knocked away :) While I was taking the screenshot I had some friend invitation too :)
Im editing it now. I bet if STS has some changes to the canons, like give 10 gold each time but cooldown 10s, or something better, the canons will be crowded of people that are not wealthy!
Btw I forgot to tell the situations to 100% get backfire, Im adding now, so if people that follows it can avoid backfire when they feel neccessary to move :)

EDIT : Oophs I forgot that the topic was about running Elite maps. Sorry my bad.

Nice man keep it up :)