PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 50 intbear??

Conradin
11-08-2010, 11:17 PM
People are always complaining about the oneshotig of mages in ao3, so would a intbear solve that problem? It would have better defence and more health. I heard chaudex has one. Or is this a terribly idea

Teflon
11-08-2010, 11:21 PM
I have a Lv50 INTBear that has been one from the get go. Codenamed "TeflonWizard". It's a wonderful build and I don't get one shot-ed in AO3. When there's no tank present, I take the place of a tank in the team and collect the boss's agro. U have me on your list so contact me anytime for a chat regarding the beauty that is an INT Bear. Thanks!

Conradin
11-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks Teflon ;) maybe you could EveN pm me your build. ;)
as soon as I get ao3 (I only have the gear right now) I'll lvl up to 50 and we can fight together. ;)

here is what I have for gear
OL helm
cosmo robe
cosmo wand
gurgox eye

Is this the gear I should use?

Jsaieagle
11-11-2010, 11:19 AM
teflon, is int bear good at pvp?

ZedMaster
11-14-2010, 12:49 PM
intbear lol cool but i'd just prefere a regular bear pm me if there is reason that intbears are the best you can do with a bear and give me all the facts why

Conradin
11-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Roar! Grrr! Growle, rrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaa, mmmmmmmm

I just told you the reasons I ursan language.

Lesrider
11-15-2010, 12:07 PM
I also don't understAnd the benefits of an Intbear. I keep hearing people saying how great they are but no one gives a valid reason. Int is only really useful for elves, IMO.

BeardedBear
11-15-2010, 02:44 PM
The main reason is bears can benefit from wands/staffs procs to self combo & to cause potential AOE damage with some staffs. The ranged factor is nice too.

Rashkar
11-15-2010, 03:09 PM
anyone actually use an int bear in a03 successfully? like how does it compare damage wise to dex bears?

ZedMaster
11-15-2010, 06:02 PM
omg i just use a bear for bear skillz. Don't you guys realized they made this game and the attributes str for bear because it would work the best elf and archer should be the same but if ur bear and want to have ranged weps then that makes sence but what i would do is in this situation is the have how ever much int ur gonna need for the wep and then add rest to str cause bears need strength in order to SURVIVE...

Rashkar
11-16-2010, 04:46 AM
Umm intbear blows at 50 just to let u know. Completely inferior to both other specs unless Ur trying to powerlevel low chars through until about lvl 30 caus after that dex wins out causE mobs start Havin def and the aoe dmg is low.

This is based on experience in full cosmos with a keepers staff.

maneut
11-17-2010, 06:38 AM
Hmm.. Int Bears at Lvl 50 is not as effective as they were at Lvl 45 and below... mainly due to the big difference in Armor compared with a Cosmos Set versus Rift Set.. It's quite a Challenge to play them :), It's playable if you know what to wear to counter the low armor and know how to time your 2 main survival skills properly :)

Oh and Keeper Staff on a Int Bear is pure Fun!! Blast Blast Blast all the way ;) You get Range Attacks, AOE Attacks plus your own Combo...

icantgetkills
11-17-2010, 06:51 AM
I just don't think bears need 36 m/s lol I only use 6 m/s

KingFu
11-17-2010, 07:05 AM
Ive tried an int bear, dex bear, and str. The least affective, and my least favorite of the three is int. The 36/28 M/S is overkill, not really worth it. Only enlightenment I saw from it was that keeper staff had aoe. Also, the reduced str give you a tough time to survive. Its nice for leveling friends and kill in mobs, but it can't really serve the purpose of a tank, and cant really survive well. In PvP, it's horrible, I tried, I couldn't take down a mage as int bear, yet most mages weren't any trouble as dex or str. The only points I could see in someone being int bear are, 1) keeper staff for aoe, which would be mainly for leveling, and 2) practically unlimited mana between the larger pool, and the high M/S, which isn't necessary.

Conradin
11-17-2010, 09:22 AM
Thx guys. Btw if anyone doesn't want their keepers staff......... I'm lookin for one lol. Btw I only twink pvp so I don't care about that. Anyone have a good build?

BeardedBear
11-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Ive tried an int bear, dex bear, and str. The least affective, and my least favorite of the three is int. The 36/28 M/S is overkill, not really worth it. Only enlightenment I saw from it was that keeper staff had aoe. Also, the reduced str give you a tough time to survive. Its nice for leveling friends and kill in mobs, but it can't really serve the purpose of a tank, and cant really survive well. In PvP, it's horrible, I tried, I couldn't take down a mage as int bear, yet most mages weren't any trouble as dex or str. The only points I could see in someone being int bear are, 1) keeper staff for aoe, which would be mainly for leveling, and 2) practically unlimited mana between the larger pool, and the high M/S, which isn't necessary.

Only thing good about PVP intbears is the self combo factor, I.E terror or shattered, otherwise forget about it.

Riccits
11-17-2010, 10:18 AM
how do u set the attribute on int-bear? 158 int, rest dex? (lvl50)

Lesrider
11-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Ricci, don't got making an intbear... ;)

Riccits
11-17-2010, 10:56 AM
with free respec i woud try ;)

Lesrider
11-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Ah ok. Just don't do it yet, cuz I need your tank :)

Derajdefyre
11-17-2010, 11:07 AM
There was a recent dev post saying that next patch includes huge combat rebalances, so don't try anything new yet because big changes are coming this week!

FluffNStuff
11-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Building an int bear right now, hunnytanker. Got him to 43, gonna take him all the way. Love the terror combo! Not sure how AO3 is gonna be, could be rough till I get to 50 and get the right equip. Doing this mostly because the Keepers staff looks mad fun and I love the bears. My main is a dex/str equip based bear, and would love to also have an int bear. Will let you all know.

Conradin
11-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Lol this a f****** stupid, keepers staffs are going up to 600k. I have te wand and eye- but need one of those dem keepers staffs, add conradin, we can lvl together

SoShaan
11-18-2010, 11:57 PM
I played IntBear from mid 20's upto 45.. IMO the funnest setup to play. Due to the short range magic burst+skills that physically swing bear arms knocking mobs out left and right. Esp with the Auto set, you can continuously spam the target with the magic burst, and smash them across the head to finish it.
Trying to use a staff?.. doesnt work cause when you use the skill bear holds the staff in the other hand and just swings his arm. No IntBear require wand/eye setup cause he will swing that wand like a club knocking out the targets.
THEN STAT DRIVEN SKILLS ruined that fun. (thanks for the balanced system)
After this, it was still fun to play, but simply was not able to defend its self. Int strength comes from skills, so the raw power of the Int weapons were weaker. So IntBear has a limited physical damage as its first problem. Second was With the stat driven skills strength was based on Char. So you need to Str points way higher than you can get. with leftover for the skills to even work.

My advise is DONT do it, unless your ready to have alota of fun/deaths

bimmy
11-22-2010, 01:02 AM
Don't do it unless you're ready for lots of fun and deaths. Hm. I didn't think dying was fun.

KingFu
11-22-2010, 03:01 AM
Only thing good about PVP intbears is the self combo factor, I.E terror or shattered, otherwise forget about it.

Yeah, but he's talking about level 50, so little to no ice/weakness staffs.