PDA

View Full Version : Shutdown for hours? Server issues?

Feke
10-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Hi STG!
For couple of hours from here Hungary we couldn't connect to STG servers. I was about to login to BC! but stucked at the "Connecting......" screen. Tryed with other devices, different networks. Same thing..
I asked the others on my FB BC! page if this is only at me, but others reported the same issue at them with both BC! and BD. After an hour SL and AL also went down. The forums were also unable to reach.
Now, for more than an hour everything is back to normal.
Was it a global issue, or only our country wasn't able to reach the servers?

Taejo
10-22-2013, 04:02 PM
They had a DNS server issue, which apparently didn't effect everyone, but most people had the same issue as you. Its resolved now.

Feke
10-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Oh, okay! The thing I did not understand is, that there are other channels too than this forum. Why didn't they told/wrote us about the problem?
I can't believe that there (in a mobile game developer studio) isn't a person with a mobile phone in the hand with mobile internet access to login to the STG FB site and type a few words like: "Hi Guys! Sorry, but we have some issues with our servers! We try to fix it and we'll be back soon!"... Or something like this..

I was like Ooodafuq my kontri iz banned!!!

So, next time I hope that someone will tell us something if a end of the world like this happens again. :D

Taejo
10-22-2013, 08:45 PM
H2N revealed the news via the chat box on these forums. I don't know much about the STG FB site as I don't use FB. But I agree a server status (red/yellow/green icon) on the top of forums would be great!

Feke
10-22-2013, 11:53 PM
The forum was also unavailable. I was want to ask about the problem here.
So, if the forum is unavailable, then I can't do anything with a server status notification here. :D

On FB if you share a status update of your site then that appears on the "news page" of the ones who like your site.
Almost the same as on Twitter.

Growwle
11-13-2013, 09:00 PM
I have to reboot my phone after playing before I can log in again, even hours later.