PDA

View Full Version : How To Not Look Like a Noob As a Paladin or Ranger

Peanutbritle
10-22-2013, 07:37 PM
Ok guys I recently saw that Delphina requested something in the New Players section to be based on how to not look nub as a ranger or paladin! These are the two new and possibly underpowered classes in pvp but in pve they should do fine for u!

PALADIN:
The paladin is an absolute tank. You will typically use str armor because u use str attributes,(go through tutorial if u don't understand attributes) WHICH MEANS U TANK LIKE A BOSS! ;) the paladin I great for anyone who wants minimal deaths. With damage skills that replenish health and a heal that gives 40+ health regeneration at max this thing is a great and reliable tank. The only ways to look noob as a rhino is: being intel, intel gear doesn't suit your purpose and u die as much as a Mage given u have 400 health. Or ur a dex rhino who just desperately wants damage even though that's not what the class does :D.

RANGER:
This class is more exciting than the paladin because of the ranger's damage potential. The ranger has 8-9 damage skills which for me coming from a Mage was like, "Woah, I can deal some damage!" ;). The ranger has skills that take it to the front with the tanks to cut and slash away at enemies. My personal opinion is that u can go strength or dex with a fox (str would be a split build and if your new to pl start with dex). Since all of u reading this are new, let's talk about dex rangers! Intel may work. Never tried it though. Seems abnormally easily killed.

If you want to go dex one suggestion I give, I know that rangers have dual wields to start but I would take a bow. This is because there are no dual wields after lv 70! With the next cap coming out who knows if there will be dual wields! Just get used to bows and I think u would enjoy them more with the higher damage. And I know all u new players love that damage! Now I'm not saying that strength gear won't have the damage. I'm just saying that from my experience, it's just been less with more survivability. :)

In conclusion, if u want to go paladin BE STRENGTH! Nothing looks more nooby than an intel rhino going in to tank :). And with rangers, if u wanna try strength give it a shot. Just make sure u have enough strength to use strength gear otherwise the strength will be for nothing! (I said strength a lot there, right? :D)

A small thing I want to add: When I say something will look nooby, (Like dex rhino) I'm saying that someone with little experience will have trouble playing it and will look nooby. Any class can be pro, it just takes the right player. Sry Lightzone :(.

lightzone
10-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Overall, pretty good. I kinda like dex rhino though.

Peanutbritle
10-23-2013, 01:44 PM
Edited it light. Plz read last part. Sorry for not being clear :)

lightzone
10-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Nah, that's my fault. I should have recognized that it was a guide for New Players.

Pvpandctf
10-23-2013, 11:33 PM
Savage rhino da bes, OP regen HP.

dudetus
10-24-2013, 03:32 AM
I wouldn't say that Paladin is the ultimate tanking class. While rhinos have nice survivability skills, they do not have cc skills, which are the bread and butter of a tank. Rhino is a support class, ability to off-tank, off-heal and buffs. But it isn't "best tanking class".

And while Rangers do have a nice set up of damaging skills, the problem is that most of foxes attacks are single person skills. It's very rogueish, but as Archer does better single person damage, AoE damage, most of attacks are ranged attacks while foxes are melee. As a damage dealer, foxes are terribly behind and that they are frankly, quite obsolete. Sure there's fancy dashing and stuff involved, but in terms of effectiveness, foxes are way behind archers.

Peanutbritle
10-25-2013, 11:31 PM
I wouldn't say that Paladin is the ultimate tanking class. While rhinos have nice survivability skills, they do not have cc skills, which are the bread and butter of a tank. Rhino is a support class, ability to off-tank, off-heal and buffs. But it isn't "best tanking class".

And while Rangers do have a nice set up of damaging skills, the problem is that most of foxes attacks are single person skills. It's very rogueish, but as Archer does better single person damage, AoE damage, most of attacks are ranged attacks while foxes are melee. As a damage dealer, foxes are terribly behind and that they are frankly, quite obsolete. Sure there's fancy dashing and stuff involved, but in terms of effectiveness, foxes are way behind archers.

I personally wouldn't say that fox is obsolete. I would state it as that rangers are 1 v 1 killing machines which helps the party by potentially taking out the ranged opponents/bosses down quick and easy. When I stated tanking class, I was showing to new players the fact that it they don't want to die much, then go pally. I guess it all depends on what u define "tank" as. We may just classify a tank differently. I find a tank as an aggro absorber that can take the heat however it can. Maybe your way of thinking of a tank is more complex. I just wanna keep it simple for the new players

dudetus
10-28-2013, 08:21 AM
I personally wouldn't say that fox is obsolete. I would state it as that rangers are 1 v 1 killing machines which helps the party by potentially taking out the ranged opponents/bosses down quick and easy. When I stated tanking class, I was showing to new players the fact that it they don't want to die much, then go pally. I guess it all depends on what u define "tank" as. We may just classify a tank differently. I find a tank as an aggro absorber that can take the heat however it can. Maybe your way of thinking of a tank is more complex. I just wanna keep it simple for the new players

Ask any "serious" PvE gamer would they rather take a Fox or Bird in their farming group. Being good in 1v1 is not worth much in PvE in which AoE damage is the bread and butter. And in PvP Foxes are only good in irritating ppl in CTF with their dashes.

We have the same sort of idea about a tank. But just think for a while which class is the tank class of PL. Rhino or Bear? Bears have taunt, which gives aggro in the area, highest hp pool, CC abilities (beckon, stomp, hellscream). Rhino has buffs for the party, fancy dashing and dxtremely high hp regen for a while. Which one is the tank?

Sheugokin
10-28-2013, 03:09 PM
So ninja which class would you prefer for pvp? Rhino or Vixen?

Peanutbritle
10-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Ninja=ranger ;)

And ya, bear is a supreme tank class, I just believe that rhino can act as one also :)
Thanks for the clarifying. I wasn't very clear :)

Sheugokin
10-28-2013, 05:20 PM
LoL ninja = THE UNKNOWN CLASS

THE UNKNOWN CLASS
STR: Infinite
INT: Infinite
DEX: Infinite
SKILL:
Silent killer: immediate kills enemy
Cunning: Buffs your already infinite skill
Poison soul: Debuffs your enemies to make attacks, buffs, skill attacks, attributes to zero for the duration of that life.
KILL ALL: Everyone dies on the opposing team
SELF-DESTRUCT: Entire map blows up. (Including every poor soul).

That should be a new character: NINJA!

Sheugokin
10-28-2013, 05:23 PM
^ Woah op much.

aav5224
10-28-2013, 05:56 PM
There is nothing wrong being a noob

Peanutbritle
10-30-2013, 02:49 PM
When I say noob in my post above, I am referring to ridiculous :) example: dex rhino looks nooby. (translation) dex rhino looks ridiculous :) sry for being unclear :D

Sheugokin
10-30-2013, 08:00 PM
What would make dex rhinos look nooby? Some rhino can be excellent full dex players. Noob is a word for starters. Not all dex rhinos are starters; thus not a noob. Please reevaluate the definition. People use it as a cliche nowadays and it can get pretty derogatory to many.

Peanutbritle
11-03-2013, 11:12 AM
It may just be an experience thing, maybe you have played with some great dex rhinos and really know how much they help. I personally just haven't played with one :) Thanks for clearing this up guys. Really helps the new players understand :)