PDA

View Full Version : why is fiery such weakness conpared to savage and swift

johnny6880
10-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Yup

IGN Storm
10-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Because none of the devs are serious pvpers and doesn't know how OP savage is. Their idea of balance is theoretical since they don't really go around testing it. And if Crim posts saying something like fiery is not weak blah blah blah you just need to learn to use it blah blah blah something about dex and hit%, ignore him since fiery is weak, easy to tell by the price.

johnny6880
10-23-2013, 10:28 PM
Yeah just gotta deal with it fiery hss like no defence and hp while savage has def hp damage and swift just pure hit and attack-..

gison
10-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Fiery can kill birds and bears if you know how to use it properly. But leave it as it is, or a lot of people will complain once again.

johnny6880
10-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Give me a build for a op mage then pvp?

Promagin
10-23-2013, 10:32 PM
L2useintpls kthnxbai

gison
10-24-2013, 12:28 AM

I don't use Mage.

Extreme
10-24-2013, 04:32 AM

9 ms 9 Heal and Leave all other points 0.. I bet your gonna be famous soon.

Cheenivie
10-24-2013, 06:44 AM
Mage is actually one of my favorite classes just many mages don't know how to use it... A lot of you are saying it's underpowered and all but did you see the crit on that set? Since the nerf they seem to be dodging more as well and I was talking to hitmanmage who is a respected PvPer imo and he was telling me that he likes it the way it is now and that mages don't need dodge with all the crit they have. He also added it's just a matter of learning to use it. Sure it's not as good as goddess was at humania cap but it can still do the job.

XghostzX
10-24-2013, 07:02 AM
Look, I'm not going to say that mages are under powered, but i think compared to the STR sets, they have a significant disadvantage...

This is from someone who has always played INT mage.

Shilooo
10-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Guess I need to learn to use it also.

dudetus
10-24-2013, 07:42 AM
Guess I need to learn to use it also.

Nah don't bother, I heard new cap is coming next month.

Ks_Leon
10-24-2013, 07:45 AM
Nah don't bother, I heard new cap is coming next month.

true or troll?

Iphoneington
10-24-2013, 07:46 AM
I agree about the fiery set being the weakest of the bunch but if you know how to use it effectively, then you'll do good in PvE and PvP.

Waug
10-24-2013, 07:59 AM
as a set, nothing is op or underpowerd much, its just class unbalance. huge dmg in drain and fire is the biggest obstacle of balacing pvp imo, it is so op that with low dmging build and gear, I.e str set, it just nuking anything. shy (this is getting called balance).

that means you're priveleged with exceptional dmg power, now what, mages are willing to be gods of pvp? already whenever I join any pvp arena its more than 60% are mages.

Pvpandctf
10-24-2013, 08:21 AM
as a set, nothing is op or underpowerd much, its just class unbalance. huge dmg in drain and fire is the biggest obstacle of balacing pvp imo, it is so op that with low dmging build and gear, I.e str set, it just nuking anything. shy (this is getting called balance).

that means you're priveleged with exceptional dmg power, now what, mages are willing to be gods of pvp? already whenever I join any pvp arena its more than 60% are mages.

Lol@Ping <--- Your style?!

Waug
10-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Lol@Ping <--- Your style?!

and my excuse also,

you have any problem with that?

Caiahar
10-24-2013, 08:31 AM
All of my kills are through ping.

Mothwing
10-24-2013, 09:10 AM
I've always said its not the gear that makes someone good, it's how they use it.

TEOKILLO
10-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Fiery is good with high nuke dmg and with skill you can beat birds and other int mages, even bears sometimes.

However, when you a fight a pally who dodges the nuke completely yet hits you with frost light fire and insta kills you, its kinda unfair isnt it?

johnny6880
10-24-2013, 09:21 AM
True

Pvpandctf
10-24-2013, 09:52 AM
and my excuse also,

you have any problem with that?

Yea have just mute and leave it, Because your words may be used in court. LOL!
:)

MightyMicah
10-24-2013, 09:54 AM
true or troll?

Need we even ask this question while referring to the Dude? xD

Shilooo
10-24-2013, 11:09 AM
I've always said its not the gear that makes someone good, it's how they use it.

I dont care how skilled a player is. If you're 4ft tall you won't be playing in the NBA.

Oldcoot
10-24-2013, 12:00 PM

I dont care how skilled a player is. If you're 4ft tall you won't be playing in the NBA.

Muggsy bogues
Earl Boykins

MightyMicah
10-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Muggsy bogues
Earl Boykins

Mugsy bogues-5'3"
Earl Boykins-5'5"

Fusionstrike
10-24-2013, 12:26 PM
I know everyone on the forums is in love with talking about PvP, but there's a whole other part of the game. You know, that place where all this gear is farmed, aka PvE. And in PvE the survivability with fiery is next to zero. Pretty much every boss from Fang, Humania and BSM can one-shot a pure int mage no matter which set we're talking about. I still play my pure int mage, but it's mostly out of stubbornness; the only rational thing to do is go str/int. There's basically nothing a pure int mage can do but watch the boss battle from out of range of their steamroller attacks or else just run in and hope the big shots land elsewhere. And of course the big AoE attack bosses like Edward and Vlod are certain death. You can't just run mana shield 24/7, which is what would be necessary to survive these battles using any of the current high-level sets.

P.S. Everything I said above applies to pure dex as well.

XghostzX
10-24-2013, 03:49 PM
I know everyone on the forums is in love with talking about PvP, but there's a whole other part of the game. You know, that place where all this gear is farmed, aka PvE. And in PvE the survivability with fiery is next to zero. Pretty much every boss from Fang, Humania and BSM can one-shot a pure int mage no matter which set we're talking about. I still play my pure int mage, but it's mostly out of stubbornness; the only rational thing to do is go str/int. There's basically nothing a pure int mage can do but watch the boss battle from out of range of their steamroller attacks or else just run in and hope the big shots land elsewhere. And of course the big AoE attack bosses like Edward and Vlod are certain death. You can't just run mana shield 24/7, which is what would be necessary to survive these battles using any of the current high-level sets.

P.S. Everything I said above applies to pure dex as well.

Which is why I have always advocated for separate PvP/PvE gear (Crim's idea). It is way too difficult to balance out the PvE stats and let them coincide with PvP stats - not to mention, all the stats have to be scaled by level.

Anyways, @Shiloo - Nailed it with that analogy.

MightyMicah
10-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Which is why I have always advocated for separate PvP/PvE gear (Crim's idea). It is way too difficult to balance out the PvE stats and let them coincide with PvP stats - not to mention, all the stats have to be scaled by level.

Anyways, @Shiloo - Nailed it with that analogy.

I like that idea as well. Then, there could be a giant PvE campaign like the holiday ones where any player can join and farm for pvp gear? Just a thought...either way, separate gear for the pvp arena and the pve arena would be great.

Archermaster
10-24-2013, 08:19 PM
9 ms 9 Heal and Leave all other points 0.. I bet your gonna be famous soon.

lol

dudetus
10-25-2013, 12:28 PM
true or troll?

True. Sam replied few months ago that the PL cap is around 4 months away in December.

Need we even ask this question while referring to the Dude? xD

Indeed, my info is always solid.

Cheenivie
10-25-2013, 01:11 PM
proof or its nat reel

Sheugokin
10-25-2013, 06:46 PM
I wanna level my bear to cap though.........Whatev, the cap comes when it wants to, and after this disappointing Halloween event and the prolonged wait, I strongly believe that STG should make the lvl 81 EPIC!

dudetus
10-25-2013, 07:16 PM
proof or its nat reel

As u wish:

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that the design team really is planning a new campaign to PL! We expect the update to go online around December. We are planning something big, so be tuned for more info in the future!

angeldawn
10-25-2013, 07:22 PM
The problem is savage. A tank's weapon should not do more damage than a full int weapon.

Faliziaga
10-26-2013, 01:34 AM
As u wish:

Sanhayne lol

Suntv
10-26-2013, 05:36 AM
Forget Fiery, use Goddess, it's way better on all but one stat (10 less damage).