PDA

View Full Version : I feel ripped off by buying Grimm from stable

falmear
10-24-2013, 03:27 PM
I feel ripped off by buying Grimm from the stable with platinum. Had I known that this pet would have been sold as an egg, and that egg could have been sold in CS. I would have bought it with gold. Right now Grimm's egg is sold for around 1.3m in CS now. And I wouldnt be surprised to see it go lower. I could easily buy this pet from CS instead of having wasted 250 platinum. And please don't tell me that I got to enjoy it before it was released as an egg because this is like less then a week. Why did STS release Grimm only in the stable and not announce it would be sold as an egg later? No where in the announcement did it say this otherwise I would have waited. I am okay that the pet is sold as an egg but they should have told us.

Instanthumor
10-24-2013, 03:34 PM
I can't understand your post. Maybe if you added an image with a little caption, it would better my understanding about this post a wee bit more.

falmear
10-24-2013, 03:38 PM
If STS refunds my 250 plat, then I will post meme. Otherwise you're SOL.

Instanthumor
10-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Boooo

FluffNStuff
10-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Was gonna go on and on about how this was like so many other things where you were an early adopter, but the best I could come up with was when I bought the Wifi version of the original iPad the day it came out even though I really should have gotten the 3G(this was iPad 1) version and I regretted it. The thing is, I KNEW there would be a 3G version coming out a month later and I CHOSE to get the wifi version instead because I WANTED IT NOW!!! You did not KNOW there was an egg version coming out, so you did not get to make this choice, and had the choice forced upon you, and for that I am sorry.

Samhayne
10-24-2013, 04:08 PM
I can understand how you might feel that way and would like to extend you our apologies.

The reason why we put the eggs in was not to "rip anyone off." On the contrary, it was an idea to make more pets available for eggs that came up from a support ticket asking for such so they could buy a pet for their good friend (I believe for a birthday present).

falmear
10-24-2013, 04:14 PM
I can understand how you might feel that way and would like to extend you our apologies.

The reason why we put the eggs in was not to "rip anyone off." On the contrary, it was an idea to make more pets available for eggs that came up from a support ticket asking for such so they could buy a pet for their good friend (I believe for a birthday present).

Can you ask support to refund my plat then? So I can also buy this pet as an egg. Right now its selling for 900k. And probably will continue to drop. I can use the platinum in so many other ways. And its 250 plat which is a lot and would have never bought it had I known this would happen. Its one thing to release this as an egg 2-3 months down the road. But this was 1 week later. I haven't even had a chance to level the pet.

Jetzzz
10-24-2013, 04:16 PM

Or they tricked you to make long time investment for the egg :smile:

Rare
10-24-2013, 04:28 PM

Seriously?

Limitational
10-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Can you ask support to refund my plat then? So I can also buy this pet as an egg. Right now its selling for 900k. And probably will continue to drop. I can use the platinum in so many other ways. And its 250 plat which is a lot and would have never bought it had I known this would happen. Its one thing to release this as an egg 2-3 months down the road. But this was 1 week later. I haven't even had a chance to level the pet.

If you get a refund im done with this game rofl. I emailed STS the day of grims release because due to lack of a confirm button and my laggy tablet, the 30$ worth of plat i put into my account to last me the next month or two for elixirs mysteriously vanished and that stupid grim reaper is in my stable, What happens? I email STS explaining what happened, They basically told me its not there problem and they don't care, Cool story guys. Thanks for stealing 30$ from my pocket on a pet i had zero interest in.

Pandamoni
10-24-2013, 04:41 PM

wow. I'm pretty annoyed, too. Like seriously annoyed. And that this was the reason? wow.

Zeus
10-24-2013, 04:44 PM

Although I have not purchased one, I still think that either one should be able to be given the option to turn their pet into an egg if they purchased it with platinum or be given the option for a full refund.

Secondly, for mythic pets in the future, if there are to be egg versions released, they should also be only obtained through platinum.

Pandamoni
10-24-2013, 04:47 PM

Yes. This. Couldn't have said it better.

falmear
10-24-2013, 04:49 PM
If you get a refund im done with this game rofl. I emailed STS the day of grims release because due to lack of a confirm button and my laggy tablet, the 30$ worth of plat i put into my account to last me the next month or two for elixirs mysteriously vanished and that stupid grim reaper is in my stable, What happens? I email STS explaining what happened, They basically told me its not there problem and they don't care, Cool story guys. Thanks for stealing 30$ from my pocket on a pet i had zero interest in.

I got the same reaction, I listed out two concerns. One being it says high chance of stun and it doesn't even stun. The second was that now it can be bought as an egg in CS. I feel like the item is misrepresented and I was duped into paying plat when I could buy it with gold. The reply back I got was it was a rare chance to stun. Doesn't support even look at what I am talking about? I sent them a screen shot but now the case is resolved and probably will just be ignored. I could live with the low chance of stun but I can't accept they have a plat only pet then next week release it as a tradable egg. It would be one thing if it was 90 plat I could talk myself into dealing with that loss. But 250 plat is too much to just forget about. I am okay if it was like 2-3 months down the road they release it as an egg. I got to enjoy it and what difference would it make then. But doing it a week later is a bitter pill to swallow. I am very disappointed in STS for doing this and to say it was a birthday present for someone doesn't change anything.

Derezzzed
10-24-2013, 04:53 PM
I got the same reaction, I listed out two concerns. One being it says high chance of stun and it doesn't even stun. The second was that now it can be bought as an egg in CS. I feel like the item is misrepresented and I was duped into paying plat when I could buy it with gold. The reply back I got was it was a rare chance to stun. Doesn't support even look at what I am talking about? I sent them a screen shot but now the case is resolved and probably will just be ignored. I could live with the low chance of stun but I can't accept they have a plat only pet then next week release it as a tradable egg. It would be one thing if it was 90 plat I could talk myself into dealing with that loss. But 250 plat is too much to just forget about. I am okay if it was like 2-3 months down the road they release it as an egg. I got to enjoy it and what difference would it make then. But doing it a week later is a bitter pill to swallow. I am very disappointed in STS for doing this and to say it was a birthday present for someone doesn't change anything.

I agree with Falmear, the pet is "broken" you spend 40-50$ on it then a week later it can be bought as a egg? There's no excuse for that, Sorry to say But that's a complete rip-off

Yakiniku
10-24-2013, 05:05 PM
To be honest, despite this whole egg mess, I'd still be pretty content with Grimm if: a) he did actually have a high chance at stun, b) his stun wasn't negated by DoT damage (seriously??), c) he stunned bosses and d) his arcane range was increased.

I mean come on. This is a Mythic pet that costs 250 plat. With all of the crate poppers out there who have like 15k plat in their account, I think STG might be forgetting just how much 250 plat is worth to the rest of us. Yes, I do pop crates, and my plat consumption is in the thousands. But 250 plat for a pet that is borderline Legendary, only to release it later as a birthday present egg that can be had for 850k? That's just not right.

Although I have not purchased one, I still think that either one should be able to be given the option to turn their pet into an egg if they purchased it with platinum or be given the option for a full refund.

Secondly, for mythic pets in the future, if there are to be egg versions released, they should also be only obtained through platinum.

Couldn't agree more.

Limitational
10-24-2013, 05:23 PM

yeah really, this is stupid. they need to either fix the pet so its actually USABLE. or refund my money because this is bull, 40$ down the drain lmfao. but it doesn't matter to them right, i mean gurrantee they are going to make quite a pretty penny for this halloween event. with all the mythics brought back.

Honestly STS, keep digging your own grave, Watch your loyal players hand you the shovel.

Spyce
10-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Lucky I didn't buy one..

Taejo
10-24-2013, 05:27 PM

Wow. So one person's ticket changes the game for everyone (mostly in a negative way as falmear is pointing out), and yet the majority of popular forum collaborations usually results in nothing. Interesting.

This person's birthday gift cost 250 platinum in retrospect, where the it could have been used in better ways and Grimm would have been purchased via gold. This was a bad decision by STS.

Zuzeq
10-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Just place 2M is my stash so I don't hop on the Rage Train.....thx.

Uzii
10-24-2013, 05:36 PM

i recently downloaded a new game - thx free offers :D - and i accidentally pressed something and was like omg , noo, but then saw a confirm button asking me if im sure O:. I was shocked lol, but really nicely surprised. Everything that cost "money" there was a confirm button, "it will cost so much, r u sure?" Easy, i had the free will to choose..... So i explore the game as i wanted without a fear, bc i could decide from my free will what i want and what i dont.
In sts games is always extremly cautious attitude, so i dont buy accidentaly what i dont want. And usually dont buy much then.

My friend ask me if its good to by Grim, and i told her to wait and see. Oh God im glad i said that to her. She didnt wasited so much plat. I fel sorry for the ones that did :(.
Reminds me of SL and vular pets. Sts does same thing over and over.....

octavos
10-24-2013, 05:42 PM
wow, interesting topic..glad it was brought up..I haven't bought one yet..but I learned my lesson with R.O.V.E.R on SL. So Now I always wait before I buy something.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu90/vanessa68_2009/Macros%20and%20gifs/hrzfab.gif

falmear
10-24-2013, 05:44 PM
I hope STS does the right thing here. This is no way to treat people who bought platinum to support the game. Also I feel they should have known better because this same issue came up with Nexus:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89723-Nexus!-!&highlight=nexus

And you can see in this post:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89723-Nexus!-!&p=1005149&viewfull=1#post1005149

Fair enough? Frankly, Nexus wasn't that much of a seller as a platinum only pet, so to add some interest to the new Mines, he was put there as a Rare drop. If you really feel bent about it, we're always happy to talk with you about your platinum purchases. Please drop us an email to support@spacetimestudios.com. We appreciate those who open their wallets to support our games and again, are always happy to talk with you about it.

So they did this for Nexus, I feel like they should do the same with Grimm. This was not like 3 months later, it is one week later they released it as an egg. How can you do this to people who support the game?

falmear
10-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Also as a follow up to my last post Carapace says this:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89723-Nexus!-!&p=1006246&viewfull=1#post1006246

Before a rumor gets to spread there is no way under any circumstances that a Mythic purchase only pet is currently planned to become a drop after being a plat exclusive. We have a system wherein Mythic Pets have been defined as plat exclusive, and Arcane pets are extremely rare drops in locked Crates. This should be consistent moving forward into future content.

Legendary and Epic pets are in a gray area as they are all available through a multitude of areas. Nexus is by no means a common drop, and we have numerous pets that are purchasable with plat in addition to being farmed. Nexus has joined the other pets in that category.

If you feel the Nexus situation has treated you unfairly please contact our customer support and begin a dialogue with them, they may be able to help you out.

matanofx
10-24-2013, 05:59 PM
I think the idea itself is awesome, if only it was implemented from the beginning and not a week or so after release

Emmacheese
10-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Well I feel very annoyed I got grim on 2 of my toons and my partner did also so that's 1k plat! To buy in a few days at a price of let's say 350k? Since lep is 150-180 these days yay another form of currency! ...not. I can now honestly say I will no longer be buying plat for pets and especially not locked crates as I am very disappointed so what's the point? and yes I would love a refund but that won't happen.

Emmacheese
10-24-2013, 06:09 PM
:-/

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89723-Nexus!-!&p=1006246&viewfull=1#post1006246

Zeus
10-24-2013, 06:11 PM
Sam,

I don't see an issue in returning the platinum. I mean, players already purchased the platinum... so y'all got the money either way. Might as well make the issue a non-issue by refunding those players who feel as they've been slighted.

HeartlessR
10-24-2013, 06:12 PM
Keikali is late to this party. He will come in and say you guys bought a vanity pet and it isnt supposed to be good and they had to justify it being mythic by giving it slags stats and other stuff, while I agree with that. What STS has done is wrong and they will need to do something to fix this. If they don't refund then they better do something else...

Kakashis
10-24-2013, 06:20 PM
It was a very surprising move by STS to make a mythic pet purchasable a week later with plat! Feel bad for those that bought!

Emmacheese
10-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Don't get me wrong I love the fact my non plat spending friends can get a pet, it's just all very unbalanced, either side is going to feel cheated out of it. Things need a change that's for sure. :-(

keikali
10-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Keikali is late to this party. He will come in and say you guys bought a vanity pet and it isnt supposed to be good and they had to justify it being mythic by giving it slags stats and other stuff, while I agree with that. What STS has done is wrong and they will need to do something to fix this. If they don't refund then they better do something else...

Kei checking in. Refunds? No why should you get it? If I didn't get it for a crappy pet I bought, why should you?

HOWEVER, I do not think STS should have released an egg version. This is completely unfair and STS SHOULD do something to justify what they did here.

Taejo
10-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Kei checking in. Refunds? No why should you get it? If I didn't get it for a crappy pet I bought, why should you?

HOWEVER, I do not think STS should have released an egg version. This is completely unfair and STS SHOULD do something to justify what they did here.

I disagree, Kei. It was a poor business move (as far as customer satisfaction goes) to release an expensive, stable-exclusive pet that everyone knows is limited-time and not give any mentioning to the fact it will be in egg form a week later. Not to mention, the reason behind putting Grimm into egg form is complete nonsense. One customer wanted to buy a birthday gift for a friend? Give me a break. Who was this customer who was so enticing, Barrack Obama?

If people want a refund so that they can buy Grimm with gold then they deserve it in this case. The money was already spent, like Apollo said. No one is losing out by granting refunds.

keikali
10-24-2013, 06:51 PM
I disagree, Kei. It was a poor business move (as far as customer satisfaction goes) to release an expensive, stable-exclusive pet that everyone knows is limited-time and not give any mentioning to the fact it will be in egg form a week later. Not to mention, the reason behind putting Grimm into egg form is complete nonsense. One customer wanted to buy a birthday gift for a friend? Give me a break. Who was this customer who was so enticing, Barrack Obama?

If people want a refund so that they can buy Grimm with gold then they deserve it in this case. The money was already spent, like Apollo said. No one is losing out by granting refunds.

Before this issue arised, everyone wanted a refund because they were unhappy with the stun and now with this issue arising, everyone is hopping on the refund train.

As much as I agree that this was a VERY bad business move on their part, a refund for plat should not be allowed. The option of TURNING your Grimm back into an egg only ONE time like Falmear suggested is a great option. Because this weeds out all the people who had buyers remorse rather than those who are mad at this plat issue.

xXz21
10-24-2013, 06:55 PM
i only can say great work STS for this. theys give a chance a ''non-money player'' to get a mytic pet great work bcus the people like me (can't make free offers) can get it too. i have no gold bcus i'm bored with farm but now i have a chance to buy a good pet with a cheap price bcus all the ''arcane'' are very expensive and i think is impossible for me to get it.

wvhills
10-24-2013, 06:57 PM
I also feel cheated. I have no problem having the pet available as an egg. My problem is making it available as an egg a week after it was plat only. U should have let us know from the start that it was going to be available in the auction house. Then we could have made the decision on whether to spend the plat or buy with gold.

I don't want to come across as raging but this is yet another example of not thinking things through all the way guys,

Limitational
10-24-2013, 07:00 PM
I support the turning your grim into a egg idea. Least then I can sell it or give it to somebody instead of letting him rot in my stable.

Taejo
10-24-2013, 07:01 PM
Before this issue arised, everyone wanted a refund because they were unhappy with the stun and now with this issue arising, everyone is hopping on the refund train.

As much as I agree that this was a VERY bad business move on their part, a refund for plat should not be allowed. The option of TURNING your Grimm back into an egg only ONE time like Falmear suggested is a great option. Because this weeds out all the people who had buyers remorse rather than those who are mad at this plat issue.

The problem with that solution is the egg is vulnerable to the volatility of a free market. Who knows what price the egg will be at later on. I would much rather spend 250 plat on 62 luck elixirs for loot to earn gold than try and sell an egg at the best time for the best price. Not a fair trade-off in my opinion.

Bluevaporz
10-24-2013, 07:10 PM

Hi Kei,

I'm going to have to agree with Taejo and Apollo on this. This isn't an issue of an underperforming pet but rather what was announced as a stable-exclusive pet at a price of 250 plat. A week or so later it can then be purchased in egg form and then sold for gold?

Turning your Grimm back to an egg does not solve the problem. I don't want to speak for others, but like Emma said, most people would not have spent 250plat on a pet knowing it could simply be purchased as an egg with not much more gold than a plat->gold conversion.

I don't have an issue with future mythic pets being sold for plat as eggs as long as they are advertised as such, it does give non-plat players another option.

A refund solves this problem, it won't set precedent since it seems this was already done for Nexus, which wasn't even a mythic pet.

Pandamoni
10-24-2013, 07:20 PM
I've never complained about Grimm's stats. I have enjoyed my Grimm. Yes, there are some issues with him but I have not once complained about it and have happily been leveling him when I get a chance to do xp runs. I am not jumping on the refund train due to underperformance. I am jumping on the refund train because of the poor business decision that was made to placate ONE customer. I have complained in the past about other decisions by STG but I tend to not get irrationally upset and can shrug things off. If something bothers me too much I just find other ways to enjoy the game that doesn't involve having to use or do the thing that bothers me (thrashers in PL, for example, and only doing non potted runs or playing low level toons that don't need the thrasher). This, though, this just stinks.

Pandamoni
10-24-2013, 07:22 PM

I hope the devs will address this quote.

Joncheese
10-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Just wow. Talk about contradiction.

Take a long hard look at what you have done here STS. You're on the verge of making a lot of players upset, and losing yourselves a lot of money. Next time you guys come up with an idea like this, why not ask for feedback before you implement it. Also, try and remember what you have said in the past...... You just end up making yourselves look stupid otherwise.

I'll be interested to find out how they solve this, or not as the case may be. Either way, this is not good, and you're losing a lot of peoples trust.

Deschanell
10-24-2013, 07:37 PM
so funny isnt it,even to get mythic banner didnt need spend plats anymore,sigh waste 500plats for nothing!

falmear
10-24-2013, 07:38 PM
The option of TURNING your Grimm back into an egg only ONE time like Falmear suggested is a great option. Because this weeds out all the people who had buyers remorse rather than those who are mad at this plat issue.

I didn't suggest this. What I want is a refund because the pet is marketed as having a high stun and being platinum exclusive. Neither is the case. I could over look the stun issue, but can't over look that its no longer platinum exclusive. People have buyer's remorse that's why there are return policies. And its not like I used this pet for months and now demand a refund. I've barely even used this pet, right now its only level 21. How was I suppose to know in one week time they would offer this as a tradable egg? Say whatever you want but I won't be happy unless I have a refund even if they were to fix the stun issue. 250 plat is a huge chunk of my plat. I bought Abaddon and am not really a fan of this pet. But I never asked for a refund for this just because I wasn't happy with it. Giving me an egg doesn't help me recoup my 250 plat. 250 plat is 31 hours of game play with a luck elixir. I can easily make 1m gold farming in less then 1/3 this time with a luck elixir. The egg is trading right now for less then 1m and as low as 860k from what I have seen. Very well it could go even lower. So I'd rather buy it with gold then platinum. That is the issue.

Crowsfoot
10-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Here us what has happened (I will ignore all the opinions of others and myself):

1) STS made a lot of money.

2) Player who don't buy plat have been able to obtain mythic pets, and by extention the achievement.

3) An entire market for hording Grimm eggs and waiting for them to be discontinued has been created.

4) the addition of other plat purchaseable items (such as the new leprechaun amulet that has jack'o'lantern animation and Ewen eggs) have gone unoticed.

5) People are complaining over making a purchase when they didn't know it would be less costly in the future. This is similar to when vanity was made tradeable (there were many complaints when this happened too).

Here are a few facts I would like to point out:

1) If you read the terms of service for STG (yes I actually read such things) there is a section that gives STG full permission to change gameplay and in system services at their disgreation (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc all use a variation of this clause).

2) Many non-plat users had a happy Halloween (trying to be optimistic).

3) Arcane eggs exist, so in theory non plat users can get any achievement except the mythic achievement without opening elite golden chests or crates (I ended up opening over 10mil of elite golden pirate chests in an atttept to get the mythic achievement and looted garbage. So I was a little sore that I couldn't get this achievement another way.)

4) A more consistent way to make gold than opening locked has been created. Additionlly, this method is more profitable.
*quick math: for 1,500 plat you can open 100 locked (people have been known to even lose money trying this), buy 10 leprechaun pendants (2mil), or get 6 Grimm eggs (6-? remember he will be worth more after being discontinued).

Here are my opinions:

1) There is no undoing of this.

2) STS screwed up.

3) There should have been a thread asking for feedback before this was implimented.

4) this is a temporary event. So I think this was supose to be a nice gesture to the long time non-plat users like me who have been whining for almost a year bow for a bone (ty for the bone, but I think some user input would have made this a more positive event).

5) in the long run this will be positive for everyone. Non-plat users who were around during the event got a difficult achievement and plat users gained a stockpile of eggs worth millions.

Morholt
10-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Enough with that quote. Learn to understand English. "No CURRENT plans" and "should" are not definites for all time. That post is from SEVEN MONTHS AGO. That post is no longer CURRENT.

However, I do agree that the purchases should be optionally undone, if the first week buyers so wish. 1 week's time is almost as ridiculous as the reasoning for the egg itself.

Samhayne
10-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Hey guys,

I understand that you have concerns about the egg version of Grimm being available to trade. If anyone has purchased Grimm and has remorse over that pet, please write us at support@spacetimestudios.com so we can discuss it.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Respectfully yours,
Samhayne