PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Event is Live-Summary

MightyMicah
10-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Here's a brief summary of what has changed and what is the same from last year to this year:

Changes:

1. The quest gives a different colored demon lord helm from last years.
2. There are bone helms and armor for every five levels, starting from level 10. The requirement for wearing these helms and armor is simply that you are the appropriate level. The stats seem to be fair, from my brief glances at them.
3. The bosses do not drop weapons, but instead only drop helms and armor. Apparently the pink drop rate is extremely high and there are no purples or greens.

Same:

1. You get the zombie costume from the first quest (Towne crier asks you to find that other guy who is in forest haven)
2. They have the same costumes from last year available in the plat store for 1 plat. (A few for 5)
3. The levels, themselves, are virtually the same.

Other:

The plat packs are not out yet but I imagine they will be, as they were delayed on release last year as well. This isn't set in stone, but I don't see why they wouldn't release them.

Peace out, and hopefully this helped out those who are too lazy to go in game and check things out! (As I often am) Happy Halloween!
-MM

OverkillED
10-24-2013, 04:43 PM
What does the demon lord helm look like? I was absent for most of Hween last year.

Heroelite
10-24-2013, 04:43 PM
Yea and there are only pink drops from bosses :) The bone helm and armor are reused looks and they have different versions of them with different stats (str, int, and dex).

MightyMicah
10-24-2013, 04:45 PM
What does the demon lord helm look like? I was absent for most of Hween last year.

Ta-da!
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/d3300fa110c2580a5d796d47f975576d.jpg

OverkillED
10-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Ta-da!
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/d3300fa110c2580a5d796d47f975576d.jpg

Thank you sir! :D

MightyMicah
10-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Yea and there are only pink drops from bosses :) The bone helm and armor are reused looks and they have different versions of them with different stats (str, int, and dex).

But the requirement for wearing them remains the same, does it not?

Rescind
10-24-2013, 04:56 PM
how do u get the demon lord hat? and where can i findt he farmer mcduffy?

Griffinfan
10-24-2013, 05:03 PM
To the best of my knowledge...no weapons this year

GG Stg

Trenton
10-24-2013, 05:09 PM
But the requirement for wearing them remains the same, does it not? Yes, but that was the same way with low level forgs. They will probably end up putting requirements on them. Also, how do I get to the "Road to Glumdoll?" It's annoying me because I've been running around for about 15 minutes looking xD

Sheugokin
10-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Is the black cat bag the last quest?

Hook
10-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Is bone helm and mantle armor, the only drops?

& I really hope they do release the plat packs soon. I bought and saved platinum just for that >_>

Extreme
10-24-2013, 05:11 PM
This really sux.

Sheugokin
10-24-2013, 05:14 PM
tis iz meh! 44549

Sheugokin
10-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Nothing new. I got the bone helm too lvl 70

Spyce
10-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Anyone Halloween Packs?

Heroelite
10-24-2013, 05:27 PM
But the requirement for wearing them remains the same, does it not?

Yup, i don't really understand why STG made the new items have 0 stat requirements.

Sheugokin
10-24-2013, 05:38 PM
None that I know of. I am so excited for those. What are included in such sets and does one get to keep it forever?

OverkillED
10-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Yes, but that was the same way with low level forgs. They will probably end up putting requirements on them. Also, how do I get to the "Road to Glumdoll?" It's annoying me because I've been running around for about 15 minutes looking xD

Go to the quest tab, click on your quest, and click go. Just wander around that path and you'll find the quest giver/receiver. He's an avian with mynas armor.

skrapicoco
10-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Ta-da!

Way better yhan last yr

Sheugokin
10-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Last year's was kinda boring actually. The plan white/ grey ones.

Sheugokin
10-24-2013, 06:07 PM
& I really hope they do release the plat packs soon. I bought and saved platinum just for that >_>
Word.

lakersrockftw
10-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Lol this one doesnt really look too interesting either.

Knockador
10-24-2013, 06:18 PM
Everyone saw this coming, don't see the fuss...just accept it. PL is doomed...

http://i.cubeupload.com/Cy91jV.gif

Zapoke
10-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Lol this one doesnt really look too interesting either.

This really sux.

To the best of my knowledge...no weapons this year

GG Stg

Smh. We finally get new things in PL, and you guys immediately complain. Sure, the item looks themselves are nothing special, and reused, but at least it's new items. That's a step up from nothing, don't you think?

Griffinfan
10-24-2013, 06:42 PM
Smh. We finally get new things in PL, and you guys immediately complain. Sure, the item looks themselves are nothing special, and reused, but at least it's new items. That's a step up from nothing, don't you think?

I appreciate the hour they put into programming this (tweaking from reused event last year) but this is kind of sad.

Not only do the items drop like pinks in Skeller Krunch but they are reused ugly bone cloth items...really?

Smh

Sheugokin
10-24-2013, 07:09 PM
Lol. IKR! And they aren't even exclusive. 3 out of 5 people got pinks the first run I did of the 70+ dungeon.

Smh

MightyMicah
10-24-2013, 08:06 PM

I definitely appreciate the optimism, but I can only agree to an extent. Honestly, most other mmo's make this one look like a sad joke. What I mean by that is that here, we have to celebrate because we actually got something which is a step up from nothing. That's pretty pathetic when you think about it. There are mmo's out there where people take getting new stuff for granted to such an extent that they will complain if the new stuff doesn't blow them away every time. I feel like we are the little boy in Africa grateful for a meal, while others are complaining because they wanted hamburgers rather than chicken nuggets...

Huh. I guess we could be a little more grateful at that.

Zeus
10-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Well, lets all go to AL! :D

Zapoke
10-24-2013, 08:20 PM
I definitely appreciate the optimism, but I can only agree to an extent. Honestly, most other mmo's make this one look like a sad joke. What I mean by that is that here, we have to celebrate because we actually got something which is a step up from nothing. That's pretty pathetic when you think about it. There are mmo's out there where people take getting new stuff for granted to such an extent that they will complain if the new stuff doesn't blow them away every time. I feel like we are the little boy in Africa grateful for a meal, while others are complaining because they wanted hamburgers rather than chicken nuggets...

Huh. I guess we could be a little more grateful at that.

I'm not sure it's optimism. It's more realism. We should be grateful for what we get, not continuing to expect awesome stuff when they've plainly stated that new PL content is not on their immediate "To do" list.

MightyMicah
10-24-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm not sure it's optimism. It's more realism. We should be grateful for what we get, not continuing to expect awesome stuff when they've plainly stated that new PL content is not on their immediate "To do" list.

Re-read my comment again, mate. I was speaking somewhat rhetorically to make a point. ;)

I've tried it a few times. Just can't get into it :(

LadyAnee
10-24-2013, 09:01 PM
They sure did gave up on us... I just wish I could get all my money back that I spend on this game, so I wouldn't feel like I waste my time and money... ( I learned my Lesson)

Iphoneington
10-24-2013, 09:20 PM
They sure did gave up on us... I just wish I could get all my money back that I spend on this game, so I wouldn't feel like I waste my time and money... ( I learned my Lesson) I think I've spent around $300? It was all worth it though. PL is a great game and I'll always get on to play. Even if it is forgotten, we've all had great memories on there.

MightyMicah
10-24-2013, 09:21 PM
They sure did gave up on us... I just wish I could get all my money back that I spend on this game, so I wouldn't feel like I waste my time and money... ( I learned my Lesson)

Don't think of it as a waste. I'm sure if you think back, you're realize you've met a lot of great people and created some good memories. There's nothing wasted about that. :)

Caiahar
10-24-2013, 09:34 PM
I dont have as many friends.
And the immaturity which I see (not saying all Al players) is more than in PL.

Suentous PO
10-24-2013, 09:56 PM

Their join system doesn't allow casual pugs, I farm a lot. I try to like it periodically. Govt of anarchy was fun while it lasted.

Oldcoot
10-24-2013, 10:30 PM
All the complaining , what'd you expect? After the "horizon" thing an the focus on al. I got just what I thought we would get.

Pvpandctf
10-25-2013, 12:48 AM
Where is New Halloween plat pack! :(

Caiahar
10-25-2013, 01:19 AM
Where is New Halloween plat pack! :(
Probably released later, I think last year also had a delay in vanities?

LadyAnee
10-25-2013, 01:52 AM
Probably released later, I think last year also had a delay in vanities?

Yes we did have a delay in the vanities. Let's hope is not the same as last year

TheGodQueen
10-25-2013, 03:11 AM
How do you get weapons?

MightyMicah
10-25-2013, 04:18 PM
All the complaining , what'd you expect? After the "horizon" thing an the focus on al. I got just what I thought we would get.

Same here. Honestly the only thing I was hoping for would have been a different vanity hat. I suppose I sort of got that.

How do you get weapons?

For the Halloween event, it appears that you cannot get weapons this year, but only helms and chest armor.

Sheugokin
10-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Guys which characters allow you to click "Trick" or "Treat" ?

MightyMicah
10-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Guys which characters allow you to click "Trick" or "Treat" ?

Almost anyone in any Towne will allow you to, although there are some exceptions. Basically just go from one Towne to another and chat every NPC.

Sheugokin
10-25-2013, 04:30 PM
But I think Nuri only has one, humania- zero, Blacksmoke- zero, and others have zero. It is kinda annoying how not everyone of them can be trick or treated. But I guess on the up side, it is kinda like a scavenger hunt! :)

Caiahar
10-25-2013, 05:56 PM
But I think Nuri only has one, humania- zero, Blacksmoke- zero, and others have zero. It is kinda annoying how not everyone of them can be trick or treated. But I guess on the up side, it is kinda like a scavenger hunt! :)
Some bsm npcs can.

Suentous PO
10-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Start on the low lev maps first and go up in lev town to town FH-DF- ect.
Grab a vinnie free daily 5min elix to do it fast.

Kixxler
10-25-2013, 06:14 PM
STS,

plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz dont bring back vanities from last year

MightyMicah
10-25-2013, 06:32 PM
STS,

plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz dont bring back vanities from last year

No vanities from last year=no vanities period. Boo to that!